Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (19) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 » ... Last »
Aug 12, 2014 6:26 AM

Jul 2008
Good bye Sheele :( I hope the censorship in this series does not end up like Tokyo Ghoul, just please don't >.<
Aug 12, 2014 6:30 AM

Apr 2008
ShanaFlame said:
Good bye Sheele :( I hope the censorship in this series does not end up like Tokyo Ghoul, just please don't >.<

I'd say this episode proved that censorship will likely never be as intrusive as Tokyo Ghoul's
Aug 12, 2014 7:23 AM

Mar 2014
R.I.P Sheele :(
I'll miss you.
Aug 12, 2014 9:36 AM
Feb 2013
Well, that's it for Sheele, too bad Serya proves to be too much for her.
Aug 12, 2014 9:40 AM
Aug 2014
Man too many ppl die in this series :(
Aug 12, 2014 9:57 AM

Apr 2013
So, we have had the first MC death in this anime. From what I saw, it felt completely flat, and forced on us pretty hard to feel sorry. From what I felt on this, she was a red shirt to make the show feel darker, and make sure to convey the idea the show can/will kill MCs.

They did the latter telling us they will kill MCs, but there was little impact that can be properly generated. There was very little development of the character to relate to her, aside from the most basic level we could. I felt if there was a bit more fleshing out of the character, as a perfect example of this is Ned Stark, it would of put more emphasis on "shits gotten real". I am not sure if they could push this death out further due to it being an adaptation, but it did just not work.

Also so far with the characterization on the Night Raid, being cold, distant killers who put their job first no matter what, fell flat here also. They have said this different times, they knew the risks coming into this job, and being able to kill with ease, but in this they show the Sheele falter in the design so far to kill her target to save another. This goes against what we have been told so far about what the Night Raid does.

Now for the ending when all of them mourn her loss, where Mine planed to exact her revenge, it made some sense. Only if they went there soon after the death aside from forcing us to feel bad, through stills for Sheele. Also making Seryuu, go flat out insane immediately after building her to be a person with idealistic dreams of justice is poor.

So far aside from the stills, the animation is good and fluid, the fight scenes we okay. The main plot still has some room to grow and be good. Characterization so far is okay. Overall I would say this anime is average for what it is trying to do, but still has the potential to be better.
I am starting my own blog now; but you will probably not like it.

https://goodbadotaku.wordpress.com/
Aug 12, 2014 10:01 AM

Jul 2013
Oh wow. Lately I've been pretty meh about AgK but these past couple episodes have been great.

The soundtrack during the fight this episode was also top notch. I mean that scene where Sheele used her special move or something: CHA CHA CHA. I got goosebumps.
"Komugi, are you there?"

Aug 12, 2014 10:02 AM

Oct 2013
Shiiiru said:
That's nice.

Aug 12, 2014 10:09 AM

Oct 2013
Jesus christ I wasn't prepared for that! RIP Sheele. :( That moment really hurt. I was like "you're kidding right?!". And there I was thinking they would be able to sway Seryuu to their side too. :/
Aug 12, 2014 10:41 AM
Aug 2014
Saskee said:
Shiiiru said:
That's nice.

I don't think it is nice at all. The empire is constantly killing ppl, and so is Night Raid. The cycle of killing is crazy.
Aug 12, 2014 10:46 AM

Sep 2013
I find korro hard to fap but i finally made it 6/5 would fap to korro again
Aug 12, 2014 12:07 PM

Apr 2011
I was relieved to see that HorribleSubs used an uncensored stream (probably pirated off of CrunchyRoll), after all the horrible censorship of shows like Pupa and Tokyo Ghoul the last few seasons it's good to see an anime that is up front with the bloody violence. This was an incredibly violent episode too, the whole thing would have been nonsensical if it was censored.

Poor Sheele :( It's always the nice ones who die first. I'd rather Mine be the one who gets bit in half, but we have to give the masochist fanboys their abusive tsundere heroine.

I actually really like Justice-chan, batshit crazy though she is. She's an anti-villain who actually has heroic reasons behind hunting down the protagonists. And damn that Imperial Arms she has is badass. Pretty freaky as well. Now she has no arms but her Imperial one, but from the looks of things she's definitely not above cybernetic enhancements. I bet she'll come back with automail arms that are bristling with hidden weaponry.

And it looks like the badass chick who conquered the North is coming back home to take on Night Raid. I have a feeling we're going to be seeing more deaths on the heroes' side before this is done.
Aug 12, 2014 12:09 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I'm very pleased with how they're adapting this. They preserved the rage, sadness an look of numbness from the manga and even added a lot of feeling to it. I hope they keep it up for further episodes.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 12, 2014 1:39 PM
May 2014
I'd underestimated Leone before this episode, not any more!

Sheele got shot and eaten, didn't expect that. Poor Tatsumi..

I'm still loving this anime and it looks like it'll get even better with the arrival of that powerful woman from the north ( I can't remember her name :P)
Aug 12, 2014 3:30 PM

Apr 2010
Shiiiru said:
Saskee said:
That's nice.

I don't think it is nice at all. The empire is constantly killing ppl, and so is Night Raid. The cycle of killing is crazy.

We need a gundam to break this cycle of killing.
Aug 12, 2014 3:36 PM

Feb 2013
Would have given this ep 5/5 if the Tsundere brat got killed along with her, oh well, 1/5, would have been rated higher if they actually gave us a reason to care.
Apparently it takes a big, muscled 15ft+ monster dog thing more than a few seconds to crush a little girl, and one can survive for it seems a couple hours getting their arms chopped off and not die of blood loss.
Aug 12, 2014 4:00 PM
Aug 2011
antonn said:
Shiiiru said:

colony drop on the empire should do it
Aug 12, 2014 4:04 PM

Mar 2013
parfaited said:
antonn said:

colony drop on the empire should do it

Sounds like a plan.
Aug 12, 2014 5:16 PM

Nov 2012
Damn, why they go killin off my favorite first.
Aug 12, 2014 5:25 PM
May 2014
Not_Cake said:
Wow, manga readers are usually pretty bad, but AgK's seem to be the worst.

Just because someone doesn't like a show/scene, or points out flaws, doesn't make them a troll or hater. And please, stop spoiling the show. Even things like "big surprise for anime watchers next week" has no purpose other than to boost your own ego and announce to everyone else that you're in the "know". Even small things like that can ruin the enjoyment for other people.

Circle jerk or rabid fanboys. Its a lose lose situation, and the circle jerk is bigger.
Aug 12, 2014 6:00 PM

May 2011
The last thing I thought about was Sheele's death, I really didn't expect that AT ALL. I really took a liking to that justice girl when I saw her at the previous episode and I thought she'd join the Night Raid, I looks I was delusional -_- I didn't think she's a psychopathic messed up bitch with a wicked mind and a disgusting dog that consumes raw humans meat. The father, the daughter, the dog.. they're all a messed up family.

I really liked the OST when sheele uses her sword special skill for the first time, I got really pumped.

I hope Tatsume finds his own imperial arms.

OT: I need one of those dogs that massacre people.
Aug 12, 2014 6:46 PM

Nov 2012
Satan-sama said:
The last thing I thought about was Sheele's death, I really didn't expect that AT ALL.
I knew that from 2 episodes ago and I never open any spoilers... you haven't been reading the threads or were just lucky I guess.
Aug 12, 2014 6:50 PM

May 2011
This episode was pretty suprising, did not expect one of the main characters to die so soon. Sheele R.I.P.
Serya , got some revenge & I'm sure there will be a huge backlash. Can't wait to see the ice imperial arms user in action.
Aug 12, 2014 6:52 PM

Jun 2010
holy fuck that melodrama

also lol @ hanakana playing another crazy character
Aug 12, 2014 7:25 PM

Dec 2012
The anime is going in a better direction now compared to the first few episodes.
Aug 12, 2014 7:36 PM

Jul 2008
Darklight0303 said:
ShanaFlame said:

I'd say this episode proved that censorship will likely never be as intrusive as Tokyo Ghoul's
I doubt any series will reach Tokyo Ghoul's...high standard of censorship :P From what I seen so far in this series, it should be very unlikely that the censoring here will increase :)
Aug 12, 2014 7:41 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Well executed episode. Sheele will be missed.

The art and score were strong in this episode, I'm glad the Skyrim-esque music is back. I just love it.

Ugh, next episode was one the chapters I really didn't like. I freakin' hate these three bastards.
Aug 12, 2014 7:54 PM

May 2011
Villa-Lobos said:
Satan-sama said:
The last thing I thought about was Sheele's death, I really didn't expect that AT ALL.
I knew that from 2 episodes ago and I never open any spoilers... you haven't been reading the threads or were just lucky I guess.

Neither, I had some problems with my internet service the last couple of weeks so I didn't read any of the discussion threads of the last 2 episodes, I think I can consider myself lucky after all :D I was astonished and confused for an hour after finishing the episode. All that would really be ruined if It happened to read the spoilers, I need to thank god for that.
Aug 12, 2014 9:41 PM

Feb 2014
Satan-sama said:
Villa-Lobos said:

Neither, I had some problems with my internet service the last couple of weeks so I didn't read any of the discussion threads of the last 2 episodes, I think I can consider myself lucky after all :D I was astonished and confused for an hour after finishing the episode. All that would really be ruined if It happened to read the spoilers, I need to thank god for that.

Ya I would stay clear of the discussion threads.

Post your thoughts and then get out! Some of the manga readers aren't too discreet when it comes to the spoilers (I'm a manga reader btw). All it takes is one person to ruin it all for you. Not every manga reader here has been dishing out spoilers, but there's definitely been a few and the thing is that it won't stop unfortunately.

Anyways, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

kenshin322 said:

Well said. I was going to say something similar to this, but I'm glad that you got to it first lol!

-Riptide- said:
[sarcasm]I'm shocked by what happened this episode! I never expected someone was going to die! At all! I mean, the manga readers have their mouths sealed so you can't expect them to give hints at the upcoming episode. Oh the feels! I'm going to cry a river now.[/sarcasm]

In all seriousness, this episode was pretty decent I guess. They said that this episode is where shit gets real but it wasn't as good as I thought it would be. The first half was pretty meh. Just another villain of the week although the fight with Seryu was the highlight of the episode.
That puppy teigu is better off being a cute little puppy rather done a monstrous dog that eats people. Esdeath is finally is the capital. Next episode looks like we have new villains.

Seriously, in the bold, that really upsets me. I'm sorry you got spoiled and I hope that you didn't get spoiled for the next few episodes. I think anime-only watchers should be very careful when wandering in here. Be on alert at all times.

What I've seen from the manga readers that have posted spoilers that they fall into two groups: Group 1 is manga readers that hated the manga so they post spoilers to undermine the show like, "The show is so bad! Look at these future events/plot points that happen! They're so dumb!" Then we have Group 2 that loved the manga and they're so excited that they end up posting spoilers/heavily imply something is going to happen.

But people that ask for what happens next or want a hint that are just as guilty. They're just asking for spoilers (some people don't understand how to use the spoiler tag) and because of that someone that didn't want to see that spoiler will see it.

I'm a little guilty for last week because I was one of those people that were like, "Next episode is when shit gets real." Though, I just wanted to let people know to expect something different from what we've been getting recently. Now I've seen that it has backfired for you so I'm just not going to post stuff like that anymore.

I'm going to try my best for now to not talk about the future and to only give very vague hints, but I'll put them in spoiler tags.
LoomyTheBrewAug 12, 2014 10:56 PM
Aug 13, 2014 12:45 AM

Oct 2013
LoomyTheBrew said:
-Riptide- said:
[sarcasm]I'm shocked by what happened this episode! I never expected someone was going to die! At all! I mean, the manga readers have their mouths sealed so you can't expect them to give hints at the upcoming episode. Oh the feels! I'm going to cry a river now.[/sarcasm]

In all seriousness, this episode was pretty decent I guess. They said that this episode is where shit gets real but it wasn't as good as I thought it would be. The first half was pretty meh. Just another villain of the week although the fight with Seryu was the highlight of the episode.
That puppy teigu is better off being a cute little puppy rather done a monstrous dog that eats people. Esdeath is finally is the capital. Next episode looks like we have new villains.

Seriously, in the bold, that really upsets me. I'm sorry you got spoiled and I hope that you didn't get spoiled for the next few episodes. I think anime-only watchers should be very careful when wandering in here. Be on alert at all times.

What I've seen from the manga readers that have posted spoilers that they fall into two groups: Group 1 is manga readers that hated the manga so they post spoilers to undermine the show like, "The show is so bad! Look at these future events/plot points that happen! They're so dumb!" Then we have Group 2 that loved the manga and they're so excited that they end up posting spoilers/heavily imply something is going to happen.

But people that ask for what happens next or want a hint that are just as guilty. They're just asking for spoilers (some people don't understand how to use the spoiler tag) and because of that someone that didn't want to see that spoiler will see it.

I'm a little guilty for last week because I was one of those people that were like, "Next episode is when shit gets real." Though, I just wanted to let people know to expect something different from what we've been getting recently. Now I've seen that it has backfired for you so I'm just not going to post stuff like that anymore.

I'm going to try my best for now to not talk about the future and to only give very vague hints, but I'll put them in spoiler tags.

Well I just hope that the other manga readers won't post anything related to the next episode as well. That would make episode discussion threads less toxic. I even had to read the manga last week just so that I can enjoy the story without anyone saying "Shit is about to get real! Prepare your tissues for the upcoming feels trip!".
Aug 13, 2014 2:48 AM

Apr 2012
Worst character is dead? I ddin't expect that. Good job author :D
Aug 13, 2014 5:54 AM
Aug 2014
This episode is nice. XD we have some touching moments here
Aug 13, 2014 6:07 AM

Jul 2010
-Riptide- said:

Well I just hope that the other manga readers won't post anything related to the next episode as well. That would make episode discussion threads less toxic. I even had to read the manga last week just so that I can enjoy the story without anyone saying "Shit is about to get real! Prepare your tissues for the upcoming feels trip!".

I wouldn't hold my breath bro, some of these forums are just awful. I already read the manga(I've been following it since chapter 1) but I don't feel the constant need to spoil or tell people to "prepare" for something big to happen on every single episode discussion. But if I didnt read the manga already I'd just stay off these forum because alot of people here can't stay quite, it's attack on titan all over again.

It's like watching a movie in a theater with people who already watched it constantly telling you what big scene is going to happen every 10 minutes in adavance
KaoknightAug 13, 2014 6:14 AM
Aug 13, 2014 6:42 AM

Aug 2014
I can't believe Sheele died ;-; The anime only have 6 episodes and a main caracter already died, damn!
MALoween Mansion 2017

Main Candies:

Kabo-chan's Candies:

Aug 13, 2014 7:55 AM

May 2013
Damn, what an episode.... RIP Shelee. The last thing I needed was to see a main character to die, I'm very upset with finding out the death of my uncle yesterday, RIP to my uncle. But wow, what a perfect episode. I loved Tatsumi and the blonde big boobed girl together, I find them to be cute together. I'm glad they killed those nasty pigs who drugged those girls. But wow, justice girl and her imperial arm machine animal whatever it was vs Shelee and the pink haired girl (sorry I'm not good with names) was crazy it was so dramatic. Can't believe Shelee died, she's a main character and secondly it's only the 6th episode wow! What a crazy fight that was, I was on the edge of my seat I hoped that justice girl would do some damage to Night Raid because they've been unbeatable but I didn't want anyone to die! And wow, it was sad when Shelee said sorry to Tatsumi for not being able to be there. Wow, just wow. What an amazing episode. And everyone's reactions to her death... From beginning to end, this was a perfect episode. I wonder what Tatsumi will do from this point on. 5/5 perfect episode, RIP Shelee and RIP to my uncle.

Aug 13, 2014 8:20 AM

Feb 2014
I honestly didn't like this episode. I thought she is an effective killer and it was really smart of her to attack the user. But why in the end she didn't finished that justice girl off but just cut her arms, it was really stupid, she even ran to that monster rather than goes to kill the girl in front of her. It successfully avoided this kind of cliche scenario so far, but now it seems they can't hold it much longer.

Certainly CIS and PIS shown us what it capable of.
Aug 13, 2014 8:47 AM

Jul 2014
Heck they just did a Games of Thrones on us.
Well but still glad this isnt the typical crap where no matter what good characters dont die.
Looking forward to what comes next.
How do I signature?
Aug 13, 2014 8:55 AM

May 2011
Flashoftheback said:
I honestly didn't like this episode. I thought she is an effective killer and it was really smart of her to attack the user. But why in the end she didn't finished that justice girl off but just cut her arms, it was really stupid, she even ran to that monster rather than goes to kill the girl in front of her. It successfully avoided this kind of cliche scenario so far, but now it seems they can't hold it much longer.

Yeah, you're right. She's stupid and we all know that ;) Her comrade was in a mortal danger so she instinctively headed to rescue her. One of them had to die anyway, If she finished off that justice girl, that pink-haired girl would die. there wasn't enough time for sheele to kill the girl and rescue her friend.
Aug 13, 2014 9:04 AM

Dec 2007
Snokle said:
Also so far with the characterization on the Night Raid, being cold, distant killers who put their job first no matter what, fell flat here also. They have said this different times, they knew the risks coming into this job, and being able to kill with ease, but in this they show the Sheele falter in the design so far to kill her target to save another. This goes against what we have been told so far about what the Night Raid does.

This is something a couple of people have mentioned, and i think is obviously and completely wrong. Yes, Night Raid knows what they are doing and what they have to be in order to carry out their job. That doesn't mean that they are emotionless robots. The show has also clearly established that the characters share very strong friendships, and Sheele even said in words last episode that this is like her family and stuff. Are you seriously suggesting that it would have made more sense for her character to let Mine die without flinching? Come now.
Aug 13, 2014 10:59 AM

Feb 2014
Satan-sama said:
Flashoftheback said:

Yeah, you're right. She's stupid and we all know that ;) Her comrade was in a mortal danger so she instinctively headed to rescue her. One of them had to die anyway, If she finished off that justice girl, that pink-haired girl would die. there wasn't enough time for sheele to kill the girl and rescue her friend.

No if she killed her before she said "berserk", that's how Sheele goes usually.
Mine even still in control while Sheele just can cut that justice girl in half casually.
Sheele just killed all those guys basically in one hit and easily cut that mother in half on episode 1, but here she just cut that justice girl arms. She clearly out of character.
Somewhat i felt inconsistency in Sheele's character just so the author can kill her off.
FlashofthebackAug 13, 2014 11:29 AM
Aug 13, 2014 11:17 AM

Apr 2011
But, but, but she was my fav so far... ehh
Aug 13, 2014 11:36 AM
Aug 2014
It was a terrible episode. Sheele died because of her own stupidity. She said in the beginning of the fight that if they could kill Seryu, then Koro would stop, but instead of finishing Seryu off when she had her on the ground with no arms she runs back just to get killed. POINTLESS! And then they tried to make it all dramatic, which was appalling considering what actually killed her.

0/10 - People seriously need to stop hyping this anime.
Aug 13, 2014 11:48 AM

Feb 2014
For all those complaining about Sheele's death, I'm just going to post this again:

kenshin322 said:
i don't post much anymore but after reading this thread made me lol too much to keep my thoughts to myself.

personally, if i enjoy a anime I watch it to enjoy it, or else i drop or put it on hold. i don't really watch a anime to pick out every plot hole and then go on the forums to argue over pointless minor issues that don't make a difference or even matters.

but this Sheele thing is just so stupid it's funny. personally i could care less but I will argue for the director.

1. Sheele's first thought after attacking was that, damn not only does that chick have a psycho pet dog, she is quite strong herself and I really couldn't cut her since she blocked all my blocks.

2. Even after tripping over a rock, Seryuu was able to prevent a death blow by sacrificing her arms. Sheele acknowledged that. and when she cut again, we saw her cut off the guns. some assumed that Sheele went out of character to cut off the guns instead of a death blow, but I could also assume that seryuu was able to dodge again and the director simply thought we are smart enough and they don't have to explain it every single time and have Sheele say stuff like "oh shit she protected her vital again" 20 times in the fight.

3. 50 seconds in anime is not 50 seconds in reality. there is something called "dramatic affect". obviously the director just want you to feel the intensity and the emotion of the moment and slowed down the anime time to give you enough time to processes all the information and add to the suspense. I thought that was pretty obvious but guess just like some people can't tell when someone is been sarcastic, some takes everything literally when trying to prove a point.

4. since Sheele is a professional killer with skills that you don't have, she was able to tell that when doggie went berserk, she had 2 seconds to save mine or else she will be crushed. and she also know Seryuu is strong and a psycho and will do everything in her power to avoid her vital getting sliced and 2 seconds is not enough time to kill her.

When we add everything together we conclude that because Sheele is very skilled and loved her friend. she realized that she couldn't kill Seryuu before Mine gets crushed and since Seryuu is already supposedly out of combat ability, Sheele went for doggie to save her friend's life and the psycho still had one trick left that was a gun in her mouth.

Even the scene after proved that Sheele made the right choice if she valued Mine's life over her own. just like when doggie ripped her in half, she was still alive long enough to use her scissors to let Mine escape. do you really think Seryuu would just drop dead after getting sliced with her "justice" and berserker doggie would just go poop and Mine would live?

but then again, If i want, I could spin it any other which way I like to make a "plot hole" and spend hours arguing over pointless things when I could go watch more anime.
Aug 13, 2014 11:49 AM

Apr 2009
hardly any censoring lol
Aug 13, 2014 11:51 AM

Apr 2009
bastek66 said:
VicenteJor12 said:
Quality moments:

HORRIBLE ANIMATION White Fox! HORRIBLE ANIMATIOOON!

1. It's called QUALITY, not quality, you dumbass.
2. They aren't even animated. Static characters in far away barely qualifies as QUALITY.

the animation was pretty good people just cry xd
Aug 13, 2014 11:51 AM

Feb 2014
Kaoknight said:
-Riptide- said:

I wouldn't hold my breath bro, some of these forums are just awful. I already read the manga(I've been following it since chapter 1) but I don't feel the constant need to spoil or tell people to "prepare" for something big to happen on every single episode discussion. But if I didnt read the manga already I'd just stay off these forum because alot of people here can't stay quite, it's attack on titan all over again.

It's like watching a movie in a theater with people who already watched it constantly telling you what big scene is going to happen every 10 minutes in adavance

Ya this is pretty much right. It seems like the spoilers die out after a day or two after it has aired, so if I was an anime-only watcher, I would only come on here a couple of days after it finished airing.
Aug 13, 2014 12:04 PM

Apr 2008

Holy fuck the TV broadcast was fucked over bad by censors.

Though I find it hilarious that one of Seryuu's crazy faces had to be blacked out in half
Aug 13, 2014 12:09 PM

Feb 2014

Jesus christ.

Poor Japanese fans!!!! Thank god Crunchyroll got the uncensored version. I can't believe the publisher was nice enough to give CR the uncensored version. That usually doesn't happen very often for CR because they just have to take what they can get.
Aug 13, 2014 12:11 PM

Feb 2014
LoomyTheBrew said:
For all those complaining about Sheele's death, I'm just going to post this again:

kenshin322 said:
i don't post much anymore but after reading this thread made me lol too much to keep my thoughts to myself.

personally, if i enjoy a anime I watch it to enjoy it, or else i drop or put it on hold. i don't really watch a anime to pick out every plot hole and then go on the forums to argue over pointless minor issues that don't make a difference or even matters.

but this Sheele thing is just so stupid it's funny. personally i could care less but I will argue for the director.

1. Sheele's first thought after attacking was that, damn not only does that chick have a psycho pet dog, she is quite strong herself and I really couldn't cut her since she blocked all my blocks.

2. Even after tripping over a rock, Seryuu was able to prevent a death blow by sacrificing her arms. Sheele acknowledged that. and when she cut again, we saw her cut off the guns. some assumed that Sheele went out of character to cut off the guns instead of a death blow, but I could also assume that seryuu was able to dodge again and the director simply thought we are smart enough and they don't have to explain it every single time and have Sheele say stuff like "oh shit she protected her vital again" 20 times in the fight.

3. 50 seconds in anime is not 50 seconds in reality. there is something called "dramatic affect". obviously the director just want you to feel the intensity and the emotion of the moment and slowed down the anime time to give you enough time to processes all the information and add to the suspense. I thought that was pretty obvious but guess just like some people can't tell when someone is been sarcastic, some takes everything literally when trying to prove a point.

4. since Sheele is a professional killer with skills that you don't have, she was able to tell that when doggie went berserk, she had 2 seconds to save mine or else she will be crushed. and she also know Seryuu is strong and a psycho and will do everything in her power to avoid her vital getting sliced and 2 seconds is not enough time to kill her.

When we add everything together we conclude that because Sheele is very skilled and loved her friend. she realized that she couldn't kill Seryuu before Mine gets crushed and since Seryuu is already supposedly out of combat ability, Sheele went for doggie to save her friend's life and the psycho still had one trick left that was a gun in her mouth.

Even the scene after proved that Sheele made the right choice if she valued Mine's life over her own. just like when doggie ripped her in half, she was still alive long enough to use her scissors to let Mine escape. do you really think Seryuu would just drop dead after getting sliced with her "justice" and berserker doggie would just go poop and Mine would live?

but then again, If i want, I could spin it any other which way I like to make a "plot hole" and spend hours arguing over pointless things when I could go watch more anime.

What i just see was a mere excuse though.

With argument "she can killed her before that justice girl said berserk" already good enough to break all of those excuse.

It was so explicit that that justice woman not that good at dodging as she sacrifice her arms for her life, saying she dodged again with more terrible condition is an absurd reason. Sheele clearly aimed to cut both of her weapon arms, that was not a result of dodging. Out of character is out of character.
FlashofthebackAug 14, 2014 12:47 AM
Pages (19) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 13, 2014

530 by menacce »»
Oct 3, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2014

1215 by menacce »»
Oct 3, 12:26 PM

» What displeased you so much? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Jul 6

53 by geo-malor »»
Sep 27, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 9, 2014

612 by C10udzTheWeeb »»
Aug 9, 4:00 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2014

430 by Rizsen »»
Aug 7, 11:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.