Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Which show does everyone consider better Fairy Tail or One Piece and why?

Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 2, 2013 4:57 AM
Mar 2009
One Piece is a diamond compared to Fairy Tail i must tell , but Fairy Tail is pretty awesome too!
So i'll go with something like
One Piece>>>>Fairy Tail>>Katekyo Hitman Reborn(you forgot that!>>>Bleach

i haven't seen Naruto , but i know naruto is crap :P
Sep 6, 2013 4:25 PM
Aug 2011
One Piece because no other series has whales, ships, and cross dressers that make my heart feel like it's ripping into little shreds.
Sep 6, 2013 6:30 PM

Dec 2012
Introverturtled said:
Amberleh said:
Even people who dislike FT agree that the music is superb.
I actually don't think I've ever thought Fairy Tail had great music. It's always been at around a 7 for me. Bleach, Naruto, and One Piece all have better music.

I think Naruto OST's are better in general, Bleach invasion OST is also better but FT OST is good but it played a lot during the anime so I got sick of it.

OT: Well I enjoy FT more than OP but I think both are not really that good in terms of story and characters.
Sep 6, 2013 6:30 PM

Jun 2013
Neither, they both are horrible.
Xinil said:
Thanks for joining MAL.

Sep 7, 2013 2:10 AM

Jul 2013
If I judge from pure enjoyment
Anime: Fairy Tail > One Piece
Manga: One Piece > Fairy Tail
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 9, 2013 1:26 PM

May 2011
One Piece is more good than any show i have ever watched, there's many reasons which are driving me to say that.. i can't tell you all of it since i myself don't know it
the impressive story that attracts everyone watching the show, the strong relationship between the craw members, there's tons of power levels and characters and it's strange that i and all who watches one piece knows all of them without forgetting one, the huge world that the story set up on, the good plot and the excellent planning,...etc
Sep 9, 2013 2:16 PM

Jan 2013
One Piece
Fairy Tail
Bleach
Toriko
Naruto

I haven't completed Fairy Tail, Toriko or Naruto (not even started) yet, but this would be it.

Toriko just seems like a very dull anime to me, I've seen some collabs with One Piece, the episodes were quite boring, even considering I'm a fan of One Piece.

Fairy Tail seems very promising to me, I've seen some eps at a friends house, and it's extremely funny afaik.
Gonna have to watch that very soon, even though I've heard they are going to re-air Fairy Tail again :D

Naruto seems like a rather boring anime to me.
It just doesn't appeal to me to be honest.

Bleach had it's moments, and I did enjoy it thoroughly but in the end I couldn't enjoy it as much as One Piece.

One Piece is just a random mix of genres all together, and every genre has it moments.
That would be romance, comedy, action and much more, just a great anime that still knows how to let people enjoy it.

*These are just my opinions, not facts, don't hate me for it.
Sep 15, 2013 2:29 PM

Jun 2012
One Piece. It didn't got canceled(Fairy Tail), don't have ridiculously large fillers(Naruto,Bleach) and ain't heavily censored(Toriko, Fairy Tail). Although I'm starting to lose interest, since the "Reunion Arc" the animation seems kinda sloopy and they are dragging every episode.
Sep 27, 2013 3:16 AM

Jul 2013
Snaita said:
One Piece. It didn't got canceled(Fairy Tail), don't have ridiculously large fillers(Naruto,Bleach) and ain't heavily censored(Toriko, Fairy Tail). Although I'm starting to lose interest, since the "Reunion Arc" the animation seems kinda sloopy and they are dragging every episode.

This seems to be where a lot of people have a difference in opinion in. I much prefer having fillers so canon content doesn't need to be damaged by dragging it out. You have to realize that it's either one or the other; dragging or fillers, in the end I'd much rather have memorable canon moments with crappy fillers then sub-par canon moments that are consistent.

I don't watch fillers anyway, so in the end its the exact same as a hiatus for me. It'd be good if they could take a proper hiatus, but that just isn't a good idea financially. Pierrot is a business, not a charity. So it's only natural for them to make business-wise actions.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 29, 2013 12:52 PM

Nov 2011
Aldark said:
One Piece is a diamond compared to Fairy Tail i must tell , but Fairy Tail is pretty awesome too!
So i'll go with something like
One Piece>>>>Fairy Tail>>Katekyo Hitman Reborn(you forgot that!>>>Bleach

i haven't seen Naruto , but i know naruto is crap :P

I don't like Naruto but you can't say "I haven't seen it but it's crap". No, the FAN BASE is awful. The series is just kinda typical- But you can't decide the quality of the series without seeing it.
Sep 29, 2013 8:04 PM

Apr 2009
i see fairy tail as a cartoon type animation where as One Piece and Hunter x Hunter more of a anime type animation

anyways

One piece > Hunter x Hunter > FT

One Piece has millions of Characters and if you seen the last episodes of FT the crowd was just stills and non moving and boring

one piece has alot of people on the screen at once all moving and interacting all with a character design even tho some of you don't like one piece style it still costs more then FT due to the many characters

when one piece goes all out its all out animation

doxinator said:
IntroverTurtle said:
doxinator said:
in one piece everywhere are characters like her. ft only in some episodes
Yeah because you've watched all of One Piece, Fairy Tail has more too. And so what? What are you trying to say about it? Ugly character designs? Does that make you feel like Fairy Tail is better or something because your mangaka likes to draw boobs?

Bro .I referred to the entire graphic . please show me something that looks better in op than ft - no characters here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chV6DSBeI7k

One Piece spends more on animation even tho it doesn't look like it

FT is stills 24/7

the only bad animation one piece has is the weak marine guys but at least they have a animation xd
Sep 29, 2013 8:45 PM

Nov 2011
Just an FYI Calumz...

Are you aware that the average budget for an American cartoon episode was 300k on the low end, while an average anime episode costs somewhere between 150k-175k?

Are you also aware that most professional animators and illustrators look down on anime for it's lack of creativity in character design and mouth flaps and general lack of movement? Plenty like it, but even among those who enjoy it (myself included) it is mostly noted that the animation is very poor in comparison to American and other cartoons.

I'd also like to note that Oda's style is closer to cartoons, while Fairy Tail is more on the anime side.

Don't use cartoon as an insult when referring to animation quality. Anime should be the insult. =/
Sep 30, 2013 6:30 AM

Apr 2009
Amberleh said:
Just an FYI Calumz...

Are you aware that the average budget for an American cartoon episode was 300k on the low end, while an average anime episode costs somewhere between 150k-175k?

Are you also aware that most professional animators and illustrators look down on anime for it's lack of creativity in character design and mouth flaps and general lack of movement? Plenty like it, but even among those who enjoy it (myself included) it is mostly noted that the animation is very poor in comparison to American and other cartoons.

I'd also like to note that Oda's style is closer to cartoons, while Fairy Tail is more on the anime side.

Don't use cartoon as an insult when referring to animation quality. Anime should be the insult. =/

not really i watch anime for a animation difference then American cartoons

One Piece Character Design is amazing

FT has stills in its main fights and the crowds look horrible
AForgottenSoulSep 30, 2013 6:34 AM
Sep 30, 2013 11:24 AM

Apr 2012
tsudecimo said:
Not sure what you are getting at, it's kinda obvious that one piece is more loved and have a larger fanbase than fairy tail both in Japan and the west/rest of the world.

From the titles you mentioned I would rank them like this:
1/ Naruto
2/ Bleach
3/ Fairy tail
4/ One piece
5/ Toriko

Naruto and Fairy tail can't be compared to ONE PIECE.
both of those series are piece of shit..
i stopped watching fairly tail since episode 40, and naruto in 306, I really wasted my time watching that crap :\
Sep 30, 2013 11:28 AM

Dec 2012
SaiDo_ said:
tsudecimo said:
Not sure what you are getting at, it's kinda obvious that one piece is more loved and have a larger fanbase than fairy tail both in Japan and the west/rest of the world.

1/ Naruto
2/ Bleach
3/ Fairy tail
4/ One piece
5/ Toriko

i stopped watching fairly tail since episode 40, and naruto in 306, I really wasted my time watching that crap :

Really? But Naruto is better than one piece and everything in your favorite list :\
Oct 1, 2013 2:30 AM

Apr 2009
tsudecimo said:
SaiDo_ said:
tsudecimo said:

1/ Naruto
2/ Bleach
3/ Fairy tail
4/ One piece
5/ Toriko

i stopped watching fairly tail since episode 40, and naruto in 306, I really wasted my time watching that crap :

Really? But Naruto is better than one piece and everything in your favorite list :

naruto the filler heaven? and overrated predictable storyline lol naruto trying to save his friend whos gone bad who he kissed twice and fell in love with?

one piece is as popular as all them animes combined in japan for a reason
Oct 1, 2013 6:02 AM

Jun 2012
Minagatachi said:

This seems to be where a lot of people have a difference in opinion in. I much prefer having fillers so canon content doesn't need to be damaged by dragging it out. You have to realize that it's either one or the other; dragging or fillers, in the end I'd much rather have memorable canon moments with crappy fillers then sub-par canon moments that are consistent.

I know all of that to the point it annoys me, and I like every of 5 animes mentioned, but still One Piece seems to me, to be the show less affected by those problems.

Minagatachi said:

I don't watch fillers anyway, so in the end its the exact same as a hiatus for me. It'd be good if they could take a proper hiatus, but that just isn't a good idea financially. Pierrot is a business, not a charity. So it's only natural for them to make business-wise actions.

I do exactly the same. But to me the solution was adapt the anime when the manga was almost at the end, I know this is aggressive and it sounds stupid, since we wouldn't see for example One Piece anime in our life time, but still it might worked with Bleach, Naruto and getting off-topic that way I know Shingeki no Kyojin would be adapt to the end. But still like you said a proper hiatus seems to be the most doable measure even though it's financially improper.
Oct 1, 2013 6:03 AM

Dec 2012
Calumz said:

naruto the filler heaven? and overrated predictable storyline lol naruto trying to save his friend whos gone bad who he kissed twice and fell in love with?

one piece is as popular as all them animes combined in japan for a reason

Ughh, that's a really REALLY convincing argument, damn you must be some kind of argument genius. No, Naruto is still better than one piece and everything in your favorite list.
Oct 1, 2013 6:12 AM
Jul 2013
One piece
Fairy tail.
Oct 1, 2013 6:15 AM
Mar 2013
Fairy Tail>Naruto>Bleach>>>>>>>>>>One Piece

One Piece is way too dragged out because at the moment One Piece has 722 manga chapters and is 610 episodes. Fairy Tail adapted 320 chapters into 175 episodes . If One Piece went at the same pace of the FT anime there would be about 350 episodes right now.
Oct 1, 2013 10:12 AM

Nov 2011
JD2411 said:

One Piece is way too dragged out because at the moment One Piece has 722 manga chapters and is 610 episodes. Fairy Tail adapted 320 chapters into 175 episodes . If One Piece went at the same pace of the FT anime there would be about 350 episodes right now.

I can't help but notice that you have seen 2 episodes of One Piece and read none of the manga.

I don't think you can decide the quality of the pacing. Just saying.
Oct 1, 2013 10:14 AM

Jul 2013
Fairy Tail> One Piece
But it's just my personally opinon you know.... :D :D
We're all mad here
Oct 1, 2013 10:17 AM

Nov 2011
RapiDSnake said:
One piece
(buncha dots)
Fairy tail.

You haven't even read or watched Fairy Tail.

JD2411 said:

You have read 0 chapters of One Piece and watch 2 episodes of it.

Come ON guys, you need to have some actual experience with both of these series before you go making assumptions.
Oct 1, 2013 12:20 PM
Mar 2013
Amberleh said:
JD2411 said:

I can't help but notice that you have seen 2 episodes of One Piece and read none of the manga.

I don't need to have seen or read it to know how many chapters and episodes there are
Oct 1, 2013 3:38 PM

Nov 2011
JD2411 said:
Amberleh said:
JD2411 said:

I don't need to have seen or read it to know how many chapters and episodes there are

... I can't even begin to describe how silly this statement is.

For starters, One Piece has been going since 97 for the manga and 99 for the anime. No shit there's a lot of chapters/episodes. Fairy Tail has been going since 2006 for the manga and 2009 for the anime.

And again, you have NO IDEA what the pacing is like because you haven't read or watched it. For all YOU know those 722 chapters could have a TON of content, same for the anime episodes. You can't decide that Fairy Tail is better than One Piece when you haven't even SEEN One Piece.

And to be fair I also chewed out the guy above you who said that OP is way better than FT but hasn't even seen FT. I'm not taking sides in terms of series here- I'm saying stop making stupid statements when you have no basis for your claims.

Personally, as I said before, I think that objectively One Piece is a better series. However in terms of ENJOYMENT I love Fairy Tail FAAAAR more. (Note that I have seen all of FT, read all of FT, and watched 266 episodes of OP and have been gathering info on it since 2002 or so.)
AmberlehOct 1, 2013 3:41 PM
Oct 1, 2013 4:03 PM

Dec 2012
> objectively

lol
Oct 1, 2013 4:05 PM

Jun 2013
One Piece over Fairy Tail any day of the week.
Oct 1, 2013 10:14 PM

Apr 2012
tsudecimo said:
SaiDo_ said:
tsudecimo said:

1/ Naruto
2/ Bleach
3/ Fairy tail
4/ One piece
5/ Toriko

Really? But Naruto is better than one piece and everything in your favorite list :

LOL

There is stupid flashback in every episode,and the only reason why Naruto is in my favorite is Pain Arc.
Oct 1, 2013 10:17 PM

Jan 2013
One Piece FTW
Oct 2, 2013 3:59 AM

Dec 2012
SaiDo_ said:

LOL

There is stupid flashback in every episode,and the only reason why Naruto is in my favorite is Pain Arc.

LOL

Naruto is still better than one piece and everything in your favorites.

احسن من اي شئ في مفضالاتك Naruto. للاطفال و المعاقين عقليا one piece
_mazaev said:

Naruto > Hunter x Hunter > Bleach(manga) > One Piece > Fairy Tail > Beezlebub > Toriko

This guy gets it.
tsudecimoOct 2, 2013 4:06 AM
Oct 2, 2013 4:04 AM

May 2008
RT251 said:
One Piece over Fairy Tail any day of the week.
Oct 2, 2013 11:19 AM
Mar 2013
Amberleh said:
JD2411 said:
Amberleh said:
JD2411 said:

... I can't even begin to describe how silly this statement is.

For starters, One Piece has been going since 97 for the manga and 99 for the anime. No shit there's a lot of chapters/episodes. Fairy Tail has been going since 2006 for the manga and 2009 for the anime.

And again, you have NO IDEA what the pacing is like because you haven't read or watched it. For all YOU know those 722 chapters could have a TON of content, same for the anime episodes. You can't decide that Fairy Tail is better than One Piece when you haven't even SEEN One Piece.

And to be fair I also chewed out the guy above you who said that OP is way better than FT but hasn't even seen FT. I'm not taking sides in terms of series here- I'm saying stop making stupid statements when you have no basis for your claims.

Personally, as I said before, I think that objectively One Piece is a better series. However in terms of ENJOYMENT I love Fairy Tail FAAAAR more. (Note that I have seen all of FT, read all of FT, and watched 266 episodes of OP and have been gathering info on it since 2002 or so.)

It is obvious OP has bad pacing. 600 episodes adapted from 700 chapters compared to Fairy Tail's 175 episodes out of 320 chapters. If One Piece went at the same pace it would have around 400 episodes, not 600. Look how close OP is to the manga, of course it's going to drag things out so it doesn't catch up.
Oct 2, 2013 2:35 PM

Dec 2008
One Piece is enjoyable, but a good number of chapters are a drag in the latest arc, to the point where I'm tempted to skip pages.

That aside, I prefer Fairy Tail's cast & story to One Piece's. I also personally find that FT has more feels, but that's mainly because I don't care about a good number of the cast in OP.
Oct 3, 2013 6:32 PM

Dec 2012
I prefer One Piece, it was actually the reason why I lost interest in FT, despite starting FT long before it. The world building, character development, and story are very carefully crafted to make for a compelling series overall, despite being dragged out. Not to mention the comedy is less...base and childish. Although I will admit that I like how Fairy Tail gets straight to the point and doesn't take 10 episodes to explain something that would take 2 or 3 in a normal series.

As for my take on the big shounen titles, my ranking goes something like this -

1. One Piece
2. Naruto Shippuuden
3. Hunter x Hunter (2011) - nearly tied with Naruto
4. Bleach
5. Fairy Tail

Never watched Toriko
Oct 3, 2013 6:34 PM

May 2012
Fairy Tail is utter shit.

This thread is filled with shit taste.
Oct 3, 2013 6:49 PM

Dec 2012
-Atomsk- said:

So edgy with a perfect avatar.
Oct 3, 2013 6:58 PM

May 2012
tsudecimo said:
-Atomsk- said:

Rated naruto a 9 holy fuck
Oct 3, 2013 7:08 PM

Dec 2012
-Atomsk- said:
tsudecimo said:
-Atomsk- said:

You gave it an 8, and Naruto is better than anything in your favorite list.

Do you wanna keep shit posting and trying to be edgy and funny, or do you wanna explain why Fairy tail is shitty and why the thread is filled with shit taste? Probably the former.
Oct 3, 2013 7:12 PM

May 2012
tsudecimo said:
-Atomsk- said:
tsudecimo said:
-Atomsk- said:

You gave it an 8, and Naruto is better than anything in your favorite list.

Do you wanna keep shit posting and trying to be edgy and funny, or do you wanna explain why Fairy tail is shitty and why the thread is filled with shit taste? Probably the former.

8? I'll update my list then and I'm not going to explain myself to or take seriously, anyone who actually believes that naruto is better than anything in my favorites.
Oct 3, 2013 7:21 PM

Jan 2013
Inferno Cop because Inferno Cop.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Oct 3, 2013 7:32 PM

Jun 2013
One Piece because the bitches are not as annoying.
Xinil said:
Thanks for joining MAL.

Oct 3, 2013 7:54 PM

Dec 2012
-Atomsk- said:

8? I'll update my list then and I'm not going to explain myself to or take seriously, anyone who actually believes that naruto is better than anything in my favorites.

Sure let's pretend that's why, shitty poster edgy-san.
Oct 4, 2013 12:14 AM

Apr 2012
tsudecimo said:
SaiDo_ said:

LOL

LOL

Naruto is still better than one piece and everything in your favorites.

احسن من اي شئ في مفضالاتك Naruto. للاطفال و المعاقين عقليا one piece
_mazaev said:

Naruto > Hunter x Hunter > Bleach(manga) > One Piece > Fairy Tail > Beezlebub > Toriko

This guy gets it.

حالتك النفسية صعبة :\\

يا عمي خلاص ناروتو أحسن بس لاتبكي
ههههههههههه
Oct 4, 2013 1:47 AM

Nov 2011
Guys.

It's anime. Seriously. It's not real life, it's Japanese cartoons. Just calm down, there's no reason to name-call or be super hostile.
Oct 4, 2013 2:20 AM
Oct 2013
Ok look the reason onepiece looked like it was for 5yo kids was cuz back then "people" loked to be dumbasses and ruin the best of things. So they edited onepiece to be apropreate but thatfailed so they cancled it and it went on adlut swim because they couldent take out all te funny and awsome parts. Later it could be watched online on sites like animeratio.com or warchop and it clearly stated for 14yo+ so now if u dont watch adultswim on saterday nights ( with out a good tv) have a crappy mobile divise or dont use the listed sites (justdubs also) then the graphics r bad. Btw ur missing brain cells if u think naruto is teh best we all know its onepiece,bleach,naruto,schoolrumble,oran highschool host club, and so on
Oct 4, 2013 2:22 AM
Oct 2013
R u gat SaiDo >…>
Oct 4, 2013 11:01 AM
Nov 2011
mi favourite 5 are
one pice - fairy tail - gto - slam dunk - kenichi
i think one piece is better because i enjoy it most.
Oct 4, 2013 11:12 AM

Sep 2013
I wouldn't put One Piece in my top 10 anime I can tell you that. I personally prefer Fairy Tail. The Characters are much more Lovable and it is definitely a more compelling story.
Oct 4, 2013 11:49 AM

Aug 2013
1- Naruto
2- Bleach
3- One piece
4- Fairy tail
5- Toriko

Although in my personal opinion, Hunter x Hunter tops them all!
Oct 20, 2013 1:23 PM
Oct 2013
Fairy Tail is my favorite anime... and out of these it would be Fairy Tail>>>> Bleach> Naruto> One Piece and I have no clue what Toriko is....
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What were that group in the weird clothes like

Remocracy - Yesterday

4 by Ripperdoc »»
Yesterday, 9:50 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 166 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 25, 2013

142 by Hayley2877 »»
Jun 5, 1:27 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 165 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 18, 2013

139 by Hayley2877 »»
Jun 5, 1:05 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 164 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2013

111 by Hayley2877 »»
Jun 5, 12:41 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 163 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 4, 2013

117 by Hayley2877 »»
Jun 5, 12:16 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.