Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (19) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Sep 21, 2013 8:44 PM

May 2013
Eren annoyed the crap out of me this episode but I guess it was necessary to give everyone else to spotlight for a bit. It made the episode drag out though. Mikasa annoys me a lot in this anime but I can't lie she was badass these last two episodes and a lot of jealously when she was questioning Eren if he likes Annie. She can be a possible Yandere. People were wondering why Annie didn't kill Armin or Jean, I think it is because she still cares about them. Dat transformation. I can't tell you how loud I screamed when Eren punched Annie, I was so happy he finally hit her. The animation in the episode was superb.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Sep 21, 2013 8:47 PM

Mar 2013
man this was an amazing change from the manga, the manga kind of contradicted the plan since Eren originally transformed inside of the tunnel where they were supposed to trap Annie. They gave Eren a better reason to transform in the anime version and gave everyone else more screen time as a plus side. Animation was fantastic too with just a little off point here and there. Lets see how they adapt the finale :]
Sep 21, 2013 8:50 PM

May 2013
Super excited for the finale. I think everyone who's read knows what will be left off on. Shit's going to get crazy!
Sep 21, 2013 8:52 PM

Jun 2013
Pipoko said:
Holy crap...wow..what.. I mean.. it was altered from the manga but...oh my god.
My thoughts exactly.

Aug 2008
So next episode will probably leave us with some silly code geass season 1 cliffhanger eh?

It was an alright show I guess. Weak characters but nice action. It ended up being less enjoyable than Claymore because of that for me. Clair and Eren are pretty similar, but Clair is a little more well rounded in terms of characterization.

I feel like this series lacks the true sense of survival and struggle that infinite ryvius brought us, but also wasn't as fun to watch as a straight up shounen show (like hxh). The directing however did deserve some praise.

I'm only making closing thoughts now because I doubt anything will be wrapped up next week really. Plus season 2 won't happen for a long time (in which case I'll lose interest).

Aug 2013
Baku219 said:
Eren annoyed the crap out of me this episode but I guess it was necessary to give everyone else to spotlight for a bit. It made the episode drag out though. Mikasa annoys me a lot in this anime but I can't lie she was badass these last two episodes and a lot of jealously when she was questioning Eren if he likes Annie. She can be a possible Yandere. People were wondering why Annie didn't kill Armin or Jean, I think it is because she still cares about them. Dat transformation. I can't tell you how loud I screamed when Eren punched Annie, I was so happy he finally hit her. The animation in the episode was superb.
It was dragged far out.

When Eren hit her, I don't think it was with hate, but sadness.

I really, really want a happy ending.
Lolis > Everything
Sep 21, 2013 8:56 PM

Dec 2011
Honestly the last couple eps have been annoying me a little.. Especially how they interpret the characters differently than the manga..

Such as this current ep how but in the manga Eren never expressed any desire to kill Annie. He even questioned himself for what reasons she could be doing this, what excuse she had. He tried to find something where he could support Annie’s motives. But he never attacked her with a killing intent…

Idk.. Overall I like the episodes but some things frustrate me a little Ahaha but not enough to take away from my overall enjoyment..
Sep 21, 2013 8:59 PM
Aug 2012
I might be wrong and mistaking this with a different anime... but didn't Annie like cats? I am SO sure that Annie was pointed out to like cats or something. Could be a different anime character like I said my memory is fuzzy. If I'm right though... then I liked when they showed that random cat. Don't know why. I just kind of liked it... bleh.
Sep 21, 2013 9:02 PM

Feb 2012
How disappointing, I was expecting Eren to become the legendary super titan.
Sep 21, 2013 9:09 PM
Aug 2012
Shuryou55 said:
Liked the episode overall, though I have mixed feelings about the filler. As somebody else mentioned, many of the characters seemed too out of character. While I understand that filler was necessary to pad out the episode so we could get an action packed finale, I feel like the anime has tended to do that mostly at the cost of Eren's character (in comparison to the manga), which leads a lot of people to dislike him.

That being said, I don't necessarily find his hesitation annoying (just too over done). In fact, I think it's good that the series does show this side of him. There really does seem to be two camps of people when it comes to Eren, either he's a murderous psychopath who kills everyone who disagrees with him, or he's just a "whiny b*tch." I think both of these characterizations are very wrong. While he did kill Mikasa's kidnappers (team effort really), that was definitely an extraordinary circumstance and he hasn't killed anyone else at all. In fact, if this episode showed anything well, it shows how much it'll take for him to actually reach that state. In terms of being a "whiny b*tch," he's definitely no Shinji, but he does have his internal conflicts, and his doubts (particularly with himself). Even though I know most people want a strong protagonist, I think I like Eren as the series portrays him. He's growing, but it's not going to happen overnight, and as the series still has a long way to go and he has to make it to atleast the near-end, his character is going to take much longer to develop than others... Particularly excited for the new manga chapter...

So basically, yeah, they over did it, but overall I think they did a good job portraying Eren's internal struggles.

Other than that, I found it a bit off how they pretty much left Eren to die, and I have no clue what it means when they said in the preview that his rage will lead him "Onward to destroy this entire world." Having read the manga, I can't think of anything they're referring to.

You. I like you. You put into words what I could not about my thoughts of Eren. Thanks.
Sep 21, 2013 9:11 PM

Jun 2009
turd/5.
Episode 1 was 5/5 (golden stuff) then it slowly turned into an actual turd.
Sep 21, 2013 9:13 PM

May 2009
DoctorDoom said:
How disappointing, I was expecting Eren to become the legendary super titan.
They're saving that for the last episode: http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/5091/h6n5.jpg
Sep 21, 2013 9:13 PM

Jun 2013
Amazing episode, absolutely stunning, themes were well expressed,

Bravo. 10/10

Can't wait for the finale!! :D
Nekomimi!!
Sep 21, 2013 9:29 PM

Nov 2011
Wowwwwww, the build up of this episode towards the finale was legendary.

I can only hope that the finale will be this amazing

Though Eren's character can be really annoying at times I think if he was just able to transform right away it would make him seem over powered. I like the fact that he has that block when his in doubt because it limits him intill his pushed over the edge. Erens character is something that will get better with time not right away which is a much better way to build character up in my opinion.
Sep 21, 2013 9:33 PM
Sep 2013
Pipoko said:
I don't even care if they're not going to show the annie moment that was skipped. maybe in a certain reflective moment by Eren next week, but woooah
I think they're going to show Annie's smile in the next episode as a more dramatic impact
Sep 21, 2013 9:34 PM

Jan 2011
Not sure about the manga but the anime portrayed Eren as a little bitch half time but those last 2mins...man
Sep 21, 2013 9:35 PM

Aug 2013
katsu044 said:
Not sure about the manga but the anime portrayed Eren as a little bitch half time but those last 2mins...man
In the Manga, he pretty much transformed as soon as Mikasa and Armin left him.
Lolis > Everything
Sep 21, 2013 9:36 PM

Jun 2012
grumpytoast said:
[...] Idk.. Overall I like the episodes but some things frustrate me a little Ahaha but not enough to take away from my overall enjoyment..

^ my thoughts exactly

and it seems anyone noticed Eren's eyes in this part lol

https://scontent-a-mad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/p480x480/935965_188645511318745_750490002_n.jpg

man, you sure look confused Eren lol

couldn't take the episode seriously because of that lol
NemuriNezumiSep 21, 2013 9:45 PM

- I only draw freestyle! -
Sep 21, 2013 9:39 PM

Jan 2011
Diranko said:
katsu044 said:
i see so i wasn't wrong lol.
Sep 21, 2013 9:40 PM

Jul 2009
lol they're just throwing money at this show

Mikasa raep faec ftw
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Sep 21, 2013 9:40 PM

Jun 2013
Dat Military Police... So useless.

Argh freakin' cliffhanger right when it gets epic. This episode was awesome. I hope they make at least one more season to tie up the rest of the plot if possible.
Sep 21, 2013 9:42 PM
Jul 2013
i wished they just let the scouting legion be able to capture annie on their own... the fact that eren had to transform in the end was really cliche and predictable... not to mention it makes the legion look worthless...
Sep 21, 2013 9:42 PM
Jun 2013
um where did you guys get info on the budget? (⊙ω⊙)
Sep 21, 2013 9:45 PM
Sep 2013
Mehmed said:
stAtic91 said:
MikasaxEren said:
Mehmed said:
Why doesn't Mikasa gets crazy or sees eren being all in blood under a stone.
Yeah I thought about this too, was a little strange. But I suppose seeing as it never happened in the Manga...
Maybe she didn't notice that he was hurt? Armin notices right away but Mikasa was busy fighting Annie.

She was right beside him just like Armin and he injured himself. She must have waited for him to turn into a titan just like everyone. Eren was in the middle of them, at one side mikasa, at the other armin. armin noticed it right away and even jean who was at some other place found him.

I don't think that mikasa thogut "oh, eren must be there trying to become a titan just sitting there" when it was obvious that there is something wrong.

Just like i said, filler are great if they are conform with the story itself.
If there weren't these "errors" i would have loved the episode very much.

Or another question. When the female titan kicked Auruo Busso he died immidiately. But after kicking Mikasa (even if it wasn't just a hard kick) not even to have a wound or a leg broken?
Is mikasa even strong enough to cut the hand of the female titan from inside?...

I really don't know...

Edit: Annie searched for Eren right? She eigher a) wanted to get out of there fleeing or b) take eren and get away after that. Okay, she crushed him but didn't kill him. She could have just take him and get out of there. I did not see her take eren (he was wounded and defenceless and she knew where he is) and i didn't see her trying to escape. She just played with everyone.
Man, she knows that Mikasa is very strong, she just experienced that. But after Mikasa falls down she just ignores her to go. To go where? She didn't go to the wall.

Just like i said... it's problematic...

Annie's luring Eren to an open area, so that soldiers can't interfere with their fight.

And about Mikasa.. when she was nine she broke the handle of a knife and made a hole on the wooden floor through sheer power alone.. yes, she's really strong
Sep 21, 2013 9:45 PM

Aug 2013
katsu044 said:
Diranko said:
katsu044 said:
i see so i wasn't wrong lol.
I guess.

He wasn't trapped under anything, either.
Lolis > Everything
Sep 21, 2013 9:48 PM

Apr 2012
runaround
Sep 21, 2013 9:49 PM
Sep 2013
RazielZero said:
And of course they don't even try to kill Annie right after catching her... Seriously how much more stupid can you get? There is always a moment when I think they are actually smart, but then I always realize that they are all a bunch of idiots.

The episode was pretty predictable again. But great action scenes nevertheless.

they're trying to capture her alive.. duh..
Sep 21, 2013 9:52 PM

Jul 2010
Iolo said:
You know Mikasa is pissed when she asks Eren if the reason he cant transform is because he has feelings for Annie.

Haha was waiting for someone to comment about this. Jealousy is in the air~ Too cute.
Sep 21, 2013 9:52 PM
Sep 2013
VVill said:
If they were suspicious about Annie, then they must have suspicions about the people close to her, like Reiner or Bertolt. Heck, even half of the main cast could be accomplices. Also, that last sentence in the preview, "onward to destroy this entire world" seems intriguing. Cause the only one I see who cause destruction is Annie.

I think what the phrase means is this..
We call our world a "World of Humans" because we rule this planet.. but in SnK, Titans rule this planet leaving a portion of humanity left.. To destroy all Titans, he'll have to destroy the entire world he lives in.. and rebuilt it anew..
Sep 21, 2013 9:55 PM
Sep 2013
Pipoko said:
Xinception said:
Pipoko said:
MikasaxEren said:
stickmansam said:
I found the episode problematic, people acting OOC all over the place.

The original Eren from the manga with the "Its a cruel world" "it sure is" and the massive upercut was just so much more epic and character building. The whole drama thing was unnecessary. I would have preferred less flashbacks etc and have the anime end on episode 24. Cut out the trap scene, cut out parts of Jean/Levi/Erwin, cut out parts of Eren in bricks etc, and the season could ahve finished right on a cliffhanger today.

Mikasa should have totally been on Eren. I mean she wanted to ditch in Trost and ditched in the forest to save Eren. Tottally out of character for her. I would say she values Eren more than the combined lives of humanity.

Nice to see Jean a bit better but seems OOC still for him, at least compared to the manga.

Annie was also OOC, not following up on capturing Eren and instead stupidly chasing Armin.

Armin was the best performer out of this episode IMO.

That was my gripe with this episode too

that "It sure is" was epic.

Still I liked the close up on Mikasa's eye quivering when she was asking if Eren had "certain feelings" that were preventing him from fighting Annie. That and then straight after her words to Annie " I won't let you have Eren".
Still if Eren was injured like that Mikasa would be down there helping him straight away.

But then again, she specifically said she was protecting Eren from Annie when she was fighting her.

Dude, you can't fight the truth.

Seriously though, do not fight the truth.

Anyway, I'd have like it more if Eren remembers Mikasa saying: "The world is a cruel place" while preparing to bite for the last time, while thinking "It sure is", then transform, then fucking send Annie flying 1500 miles.

I preferred it this way because it actually shows character development in Eren. Character development isn't always a positive development in a character and here you can see that Eren is slowly starting to lose his humanity. I find it interesting that people barely bring that up when talking about Eren, I'm sort of glad the anime made it clearer.

I think that's Isayama message to us.. in war, people slowly lose their humanity no matter who they are.. for better or for worse..
Sep 21, 2013 10:04 PM

Jul 2013
I'm going to watch now. Shouldn't have read through this thread, but the torrent wasn't up in a while, so I couldn't help it (I don't like streaming).

Now I'm going to sit back and determine for myself.
Deconstruction ≠ Darker & Edgier
Trope ≠ Cliché (Face it, nothing is completely original. Can't make something from nothing so to say.).
Fanservice ≠ Ecchi (Though ecchi can please the fans!)
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe
Seinen = K-ON! Shounen, Shoujo, Seinen and Josei are demographics.
Anime/Manga = Japanese Cartoons! Deal with it.

Support Movember. Raise awareness of men's health issues. Put a mustache on your avatars or something...
Sep 21, 2013 10:12 PM
Aug 2013
Having read most posts, not many people mentioned Hanji Zoe's FREAKING FACE. I'm a bit sadistic so I had like shivers down my spine when Hanji had her sword in front of Annie's eyes and Annie shat.

http://i40.tinypic.com/4g155e.jpg nawwww
Sep 21, 2013 10:13 PM

May 2012
10:01 lol @ Mikasachan <3

12:28 it'd be perfect if they played「utsukushiki zankoku na sekai」here

18:45 teh kyojinbaka's finally appeared

20:11 Y U provoke Annie, kyojin otaku yo

21:24 HENSHIN!

22:03 yay for another tekken kyojin BAASASU kyonyuu kyojin

Too short. Some of the action scenes of this ep were very disappointing.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Sep 21, 2013 10:17 PM

Aug 2013
Oh, yeah, what happened with Zoe didn't happen in the Manga at all. In fact, I don't think we even saw her there.

Shirubaasouru said:
Too short. Some of the action scenes of this ep were very disappointing.
Don't worry. You'll love the finale.
Lolis > Everything
Sep 21, 2013 10:21 PM
Aug 2013
Diranko said:
Oh, yeah, what happened with Zoe didn't happen in the Manga at all. In fact, I don't think we even saw her there.

Yeah I know. Really liked it however! She was seen with Erwin and Levi in the manga but even they didn't get many panels.
Sep 21, 2013 10:22 PM

Aug 2010
Epic episode once again. I'm expecting things to be even more awesome during the grand finale. FT lucky Levi can't fight anymore she would've got ripped a new asshole again otherwise. Eren should be able to take her down this time around.

5/5
Sep 21, 2013 10:29 PM

Aug 2013
Also, I'm sure I'm not the first one to say this, but why do Sasha and Zoe look and act so alike?

They are definitely connected.
Lolis > Everything
Sep 21, 2013 10:38 PM

Feb 2010
Such a good episode.... only one more left ;-;

I wish Levi wasn't injured... he'd be owning Annie (or..at least.. turning the tides to their favor).

I'm trying to figure out Annie's motive....
Sep 21, 2013 10:38 PM
Sep 2010
Now that's the spirit Eren! Go get her ! Make her pay for all the atrocities ! How dare she! But I'm surprised I thought Annie was kind, I really want to know why is she doing this! I wonder if one episode will be enough to clear things out! Since next week's is the last episode!
Sep 21, 2013 10:40 PM

Sep 2013
That fucking song at the end.

10 + cat/10
Sep 21, 2013 10:40 PM

Aug 2011
The added extra scenes in this episode were really great. It made the episode even more intense than the manga. Gotta give this episode a huge thumbs up especially to that jaw-dropping circus trick which 2 of the scouting legion members did (gif time).

1 episode to go! Hang in there peeps and play some GTA-V
Sep 21, 2013 10:45 PM

Apr 2012
OH MY GOOOD
THIS EPISODE WAS SO EPIC
Armin being badass and Mikasa being badass and Jean being badass and Erwin being badass and Hanji being badass and EREN AT THE LAST SCENE GODDAMN
The last episode (for the season hopefully) is gonna be epic as hell
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 21, 2013 10:52 PM

Aug 2011
Best scene in this ep
http://imageshack.us/a/img17/6876/nqj.gif
agree or go to hell
Sep 21, 2013 10:57 PM

Nov 2011
dat animation, dat Alpha cat who dont give a fuck, dat Jean getting some spotlight, dat sexy, sexy Female Titan <3
15/10
The Art of Eight
Sep 21, 2013 10:58 PM

Jun 2010
O_O Basically me throughout the whole episode.
Sep 21, 2013 11:00 PM

Aug 2012
piperz said:
Best scene in this ep
agree or go to hell

I don't wanna go to hell so I'll agree :p, it was a nice scene tbh
Sep 21, 2013 11:01 PM

Nov 2011
sim0n2170 said:
piperz said:
Best scene in this ep
agree or go to hell

I don't wanna go to hell so I'll agree :p, it was a nice scene tbh

best scene was Female Titan lying in the trap with that sexy pose.
The Art of Eight
Sep 21, 2013 11:05 PM
Aug 2013
I feel like all of the studio's budget went into that episode. Damn that was hype, from Mikasa's crazy ass manuever gear techniques to Eren's rad transformation; can't wait to see what the season finale will be.
Sep 21, 2013 11:07 PM

Nov 2011
http://i.imgur.com/tgJwwqo.gif Jealous Mikasa is so cray-cray!
The Art of Eight
Sep 21, 2013 11:09 PM

Aug 2013
Best scene was Eren's transformation and him punching Annie.
Lolis > Everything
Pages (19) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1668 by daninoxxi »»
Sep 15, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

VioLink - Apr 13, 2013

1040 by deionking03 »»
Sep 12, 10:07 PM

» Attack on Titan Manga 15th Anniversary Project

Hickykissy - Sep 8

19 by Azoromesus »»
Sep 11, 9:13 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MermaidGalaxies - Aug 10, 2013

573 by chris1763 »»
Sep 7, 2:33 PM

» Actors who you think is perfect for the cast of AOT live action

Hickykissy - Sep 3

38 by rocketeu »»
Sep 7, 7:36 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.