Forum Settings
Forums

Would you choose death over a certain situation ?

New
Would you choose death over a certain situation?
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
May 15, 2013 12:12 AM

Oct 2012
Araby said:
When someone starts something off with "as a straight man," I just stop reading. It's equivalent to "I'm not racist, but," or "in an age of over-sensitivity." They're just things that no one should ever say.
Sure, if you think homosexuality is a relevant analogy to racism.

Araby said:
Heterosexuality and "gay buttsecks." RandomChampion Season 2: The Comeback of Homophobia
Talking about anal sex is homophobic? News to me.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
May 15, 2013 12:14 AM
Jul 2018
There is no crime in being a homophobic, so what's the problem?, neither is it a crime to be a racist. It's only a crime if you act on those feelings and thoughts in a harmful way.

Nov 2011
Araby said:
When someone starts something off with "as a straight man," I just stop reading. It's equivalent to "I'm not racist, but," or "in an age of over-sensitivity." They're just things that no one should ever say.

As a straight, Reptilian Kaiju I find this post to be quite assumptive.
The Art of Eight

Mar 2012
katsucats said:
Araby said:
I don't. I just think that both of those phrases belong to a greater family of phrases which generally discredit your opinion before you even give it.

katsucats said:
Talking about anal sex is homophobic? News to me.
My original post was just "more homophobia," haha. I figured it was obvious enough what I was referring to, but just in case I edited it to be crystal clear. Apparently that wasn't enough... One day I will learn to stick to the 'anime' part of myanimelist.
JoshMay 15, 2013 12:18 AM
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
May 15, 2013 12:15 AM

Oct 2012
Araby said:
katsucats said:
Araby said:
I don't. I just think that both of those phrases belong to a greater family of phrases which generally discredit your opinion before you even give it.
Stop contradicting yourself.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
May 15, 2013 12:17 AM

Apr 2008
Katsucats to the rescue XD A Wild Political Correctness Zealot appeared, Katsucats used Logic, it's super effective.
May 15, 2013 12:17 AM
May 2013
why is this topic about rape again?
May 15, 2013 12:19 AM

Oct 2009
Araby said:
I know I've bugged you about being homophobic in the range of 5-10 times, but you're ever unchanging.

RandomChampion said:
Straight men find gay buttsex repulsive.
Speak for yourself.

I'm going to say that gay men do not find gay buttsecks repulsive and straight women dont find heterosexuality repulsive.
Heterosexuality and homosexuality? Nope. Heterosexuality and "gay buttsecks." RandomChampion Season 2: The Comeback of Homophobia

maybe repulsive is the wrong word

but how is any of that homobobic?

Mar 2012
katsucats said:
I don't get it.

Amadyeus said:
There is no crime in being a homophobic, so what's the problem?, neither is it a crime to be a racist. It's only a crime if you act on those feelings and thoughts in a harmful way.
I can't tell if you're being serious or not, so I'll assume you are. Expressing homophobia or racism or whatever is acting in a harmful way. I'm not saying it's a crime, but that's completely irrelevant to whether or not something is a "problem."
JoshMay 15, 2013 12:23 AM
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
May 2013
Araby said:
katsucats said:
I don't get it.

May 15, 2013 12:20 AM

Apr 2013
Because derailing is fun apparently .-. idk
May 15, 2013 12:29 AM
Jul 2018
So by saying ''as a straight man'' is to somehow express yourself in a homophobic manner?

I am confused on so many levels.
May 15, 2013 12:34 AM

Apr 2008
PCfags can't handle things like that, Gay people can declare themselves gay from the mountain-tops, they can jump with joy and start their sentences with "as a gay man" - but when a straight man does it...damn shit gets serious (and they stop reading your posts because you've triggered their PCignorance flag)

Once this happens they feel all righteous about themselves.
May 15, 2013 12:36 AM
Jul 2018
hahah, oh well. This thread was fun while it lasted.

Arararraragi-kun said:
Because derailing is fun
May 15, 2013 12:42 AM
May 2013
May 15, 2013 12:51 AM

Aug 2012
Well, that was an interesting discussion on rape. I think?

Hmm.
May 15, 2013 12:52 AM

Nov 2009
Arararraragi-kun said:
Pirating_Ninja said:
Saying that you would prefer death over something is honestly not something one can say seriously unless they have truly faced their own mortality, alot of people never actually face their own mortality and due to this don't know the fear of death (it's actually very difficult for humans to wrap their minds around the concept of death) ... Trust me, their is almost no situation where you wouldn't be clinging on the the hope that you will live ... if you can name such situations where you would rather die (unless extremely gruesome) and aren't just talking out of your ass, then you should probably seek psychological help since you would also be admitting to being at high risk of committing suicide or stuff like that.

Nope I am more than okay about the concept of death and I don't have to face death situation to realize that , in my mind there a lot worse things in life than death.
Clearly you don't have a solid understanding of death if you believe that you know that you don't fear death without ever having actually faced a situation in which you believed you would certainly die ... Just trust me on this one, death is ALOT scarier than you think it is, fear of death is so heavily ingrained in your subconscious I could list a plethora of actions you take in your daily life that are made due to this fear of death, whether you realize and accept this fear or believe "I'm no coward, and I'm not an idiot that just says I don't fear death, I really don't fear death", it doesn't change the fact that anyone (who does not have a psychological condition) fears death ... It's great that you think your different and all, but you are a human right? Last time I checked humans are still animals, and based on this knowledge you can reason that just like any other animal, you are gonna fight pretty fucking hard to stay alive once actually put in a life or death situation.
May 15, 2013 12:59 AM

Mar 2011
MellowJello said:
Well, that was an interesting discussion on rape. I think?

Hmm.

I like how it went from what you'd hate more than death to political correctness.
May 15, 2013 12:59 AM

Apr 2008
Woah Woah ...step back for a second, what if he's gone through intense training in the mountains, wrestled bears and stuff, slowly eliminated his fear of death to the point where he crosses roads like Chuck Norris following the I'll cross whenever I fucking want CODE.
May 15, 2013 1:02 AM

Nov 2009
That is actually a good example of a fear of death, something as simple as "crossing the road" ... It is illogical that you would waste even a minute of your precious time for the crosswalk light to signal you to go if you didn't fear death. If you truly did not fear death, even the slightest, you would not waste your time and just cross, after all worst case scenario, you get hit and die, but that is not something you are afraid of happening.
May 15, 2013 1:04 AM

Oct 2009
Pirating_Ninja said:
Clearly you don't have a solid understanding of death if you believe that you know that you don't fear death without ever having actually faced a situation in which you believed you would certainly die ... Just trust me on this one, death is ALOT scarier than you think it is, fear of death is so heavily ingrained in your subconscious I could list a plethora of actions you take in your daily life that are made due to this fear of death, whether you realize and accept this fear or believe "I'm no coward, and I'm not an idiot that just says I don't fear death, I really don't fear death", it doesn't change the fact that anyone (who does not have a psychological condition) fears death ... It's great that you think your different and all, but you are a human right? Last time I checked humans are still animals, and based on this knowledge you can reason that just like any other animal, you are gonna fight pretty fucking hard to stay alive once actually put in a life or death situation.

there is a difference between fearing death and preferring not to die

one doesnt necessarily need to have faced life-threatening situation in order to truly not fear death
May 15, 2013 1:05 AM
Jul 2018
Best generalization today by Pirating_ninja.
May 15, 2013 1:10 AM

Nov 2009
Amadyeus said:

Showing 0 proficiency in basic Psychology or Biology ... Should I give you an award for being ignorant? Perhaps illiterate since it isn't like "It's natural to subconsciously fear death" is a big secret hidden in only the deepest and darkest dungeons of the world ... -_- ... Intellect takes a brutal blow this day indeed.

RandomChampion said:
Pirating_Ninja said:

there is a difference between fearing death and preferring not to die

one doesnt necessarily need to have faced life-threatening situation in order to truly not fear death

I would like to clarify this, have a life threatening experience will NOT cure you of any type of fear of death, it in fact very well could instill a greater and more present fear in death within your daily life ... However, just as a rabbit runs at the site of you, humans to will fear death, of course our instincts are less apparent in every day life since there is no looming threat of death every day ... However to think that in a situation where you would choose death over life based on an assumption made while in the security of your own home, this is just arrogance and ignorance formed by not truly understanding the fear of death.
Pirating_NinjaMay 15, 2013 1:15 AM
May 15, 2013 1:12 AM
May 2013
Pirating_Ninja said:
That is actually a good example of a fear of death, something as simple as "crossing the road" ... It is illogical that you would waste even a minute of your precious time for the crosswalk light to signal you to go if you didn't fear death. If you truly did not fear death, even the slightest, you would not waste your time and just cross, after all worst case scenario, you get hit and die, but that is not something you are afraid of happening.

May 15, 2013 1:12 AM

Nov 2011
Pirating_Ninja said:

Le sigh. Stop confusing self preservation with fear of death.
The Art of Eight
May 15, 2013 1:13 AM
Jul 2018
Pirating_Ninja said:
Amadyeus said:

Showing 0 proficiency in basic Psychology or Biology ... Should I give you an award for being ignorant? Perhaps illiterate since it isn't like "It's natural to subconsciously fear death" is a big secret hidden in only the deepest and darkest dungeons of the world ... -_- ... Intellect takes a brutal blow this day indeed.
I'm not the ignorant one, boy. Your fancy words won't change that fact.
May 15, 2013 1:14 AM
May 2013
Amadyeus said:
Pirating_Ninja said:
Amadyeus said:

I'm not the ignorant one, boy.

hey hey let's not be racist here.
May 15, 2013 1:15 AM

Mar 2011
Fapdus said:

hey hey let's not be racist here.

Yes, quite clearly the prejudice of today is homophobia! Get with it people.
May 15, 2013 1:16 AM
Jul 2018
May 15, 2013 1:18 AM

Nov 2009
Amadyeus said:
Pirating_Ninja said:
Amadyeus said:

I'm not the ignorant one, boy. Your fancy words won't change that fact.

Fancy? ... None of those words exceeded a 5th grade reading level, it is clear having a discussion with a child is a waste of time ....
May 15, 2013 1:19 AM
Jul 2018
Good one.
May 15, 2013 1:20 AM

Nov 2009
Amadyeus said:
Good one.

Can I also note that using a condescending tone (the use of "boy") and at the same time bitching about someone using "fancy" words ... is like ... retarded? You implied you were older/wiser and yet felt that words of a 5th grade vocabulary (probably lower to be honest, sure the Harry Potter books use a more colorful vocabulary, and that was 1st grade) were too "fancy" ... Just saying.
May 15, 2013 1:22 AM
Jul 2018
I implied quite a lot of things apparently.
May 15, 2013 1:24 AM

Apr 2013
Pirating_Ninja said:
Arararraragi-kun said:
Pirating_Ninja said:
Saying that you would prefer death over something is honestly not something one can say seriously unless they have truly faced their own mortality, alot of people never actually face their own mortality and due to this don't know the fear of death (it's actually very difficult for humans to wrap their minds around the concept of death) ... Trust me, their is almost no situation where you wouldn't be clinging on the the hope that you will live ... if you can name such situations where you would rather die (unless extremely gruesome) and aren't just talking out of your ass, then you should probably seek psychological help since you would also be admitting to being at high risk of committing suicide or stuff like that.

Nope I am more than okay about the concept of death and I don't have to face death situation to realize that , in my mind there a lot worse things in life than death.

I understand the concept of death and why people fear it so much , it is the end of one existence after all. I already know that it's engraved in my subconscious whether I like it or not and I probably behave on my survival instincts if I were to face a certain death situation.
I am saying I am not afraid of death meaning if I somehow found out today that I am certain to day after x days I wouldn't be paranoid , anxious or sad/depressed to hear that news if anything I will be a little happy and relieved and certainly would choose it instead of going through one of the things I listed.
May 15, 2013 1:26 AM

Nov 2009
Arararraragi-kun said:
Pirating_Ninja said:
Arararraragi-kun said:
Pirating_Ninja said:

I understand the concept of death and why people fear it so much , it is the end of one existence after all. I already know that it's engraved in my subconscious whether I like it or not and I probably behave on my survival instincts if I were to face a certain death situation.
I am saying I am not afraid of death meaning if I somehow found out today that I am certain to day after x days I wouldn't be paranoid , anxious or sad/depressed to hear that news if anything I will be a little happy and relieved and certainly would choose it instead of going through one of the things I listed.

Ok you do seem to get it ... But why the Orphan one? Simple curiosity to be honest, that one was rather ... out of place. (also when faced w/ mortality usually people will go through different stages of emotions ... though this can vary from person to person, you probably would to some degree go through a depression, or even anger but that is beside the point)
May 15, 2013 1:27 AM

Aug 2012
Flame war of the night, I see.

Keep on fistin'.

(I'm going to be miswording common phrases. It's gonna be all the rage in a week or so.)
May 15, 2013 1:28 AM
Jul 2018
Hahah
May 15, 2013 1:28 AM

Apr 2013
The orphan one does seem out of place idk I am not sure about it as I was when I was younger, I think from the ones listed I would be able to adapt to it the most.
May 15, 2013 1:32 AM
May 2013
MellowJello said:

Keep on fistin'.

May 15, 2013 4:23 AM

Sep 2011
The only thing I can think of would be something like Locked-in syndrome. That would suck.
Come visit my town // I apologize in advance for my second-rate English

Join my fan club // Improve the transport network
May 15, 2013 5:40 AM

Dec 2012
im a 100% complete heterosexual male
what did i miss
May 15, 2013 5:46 AM

Apr 2010
Kinda biased since I would throw my life away for most anything. But in these situations it kind of depends. I am assuming after the torture I live a normal life right? Or am i just going to die anyways from the torture. Cause fuck that.

Past that, lifetime imprisonment would probably be the only one. Already been down the homeless route, so I know how to deal with it if it ever occurred again. Modern medicine is pretty crazy so being blind/paralyzed/whatever won't be nearly as shitty as it should be. And if I lose my limbs I can be a spicy male lead for the imminent katawa shounen.
May 15, 2013 6:10 AM
Jun 2012
yeah i would. death isn't the worst that can happen
May 15, 2013 8:30 AM

Apr 2013
Yes is only 68.85% , Kinda expected more.
Some people value their lives more than others?
May 15, 2013 8:37 AM

Feb 2013
I would never ''Choose death'' unless I'm going to die anyway because of the torture or something.
Couldn't do that to my parents and family, not in any situation.

I guess I will just have to deal with it.
May 15, 2013 8:41 AM

Jan 2013
Ehh I can think of a number of things.
May 15, 2013 8:50 AM

Apr 2013
sippychao said:
I would never ''Choose death'' unless I'm going to die anyway because of the torture or something.

That's your reason for not choosing death..? What if they all secretly hate you and would abandon you when you in a shitty situation ( becoming blind , disabled , homeless , etc )? Now what?
May 15, 2013 10:34 AM

Jul 2012
Ntad said:
"Hey Mom! Guess what? I decided it'd be better off if I were dead than have to see you go through any kind of crisis or harrowing ordeal! Isn't that great?! I take the easy way out and you still have to deal with whatever it is YOU'RE dealing with PLUS the grief you'll end up having to suffer over my death! No thanks needed, it's all because I love you so much!"

Best gift ever.

you seem quite passionate about your response. selfish? maybe, but my answer remains. i still couldn't take it. Ever stop to think how i would feel if my mother was being raped or tortured and i didn't intervene?

its really not a win-win situation either way
May 15, 2013 12:01 PM

Feb 2013
Arararraragi-kun said:
sippychao said:

That's your reason for not choosing death..? What if they all secretly hate you and would abandon you when you in a shitty situation ( becoming blind , disabled , homeless , etc )? Now what?

That is being rather suspicious of my own family I love so much, even then I would consider myself a better person by doing the opposite.

I still think choosing death is rather a easy excuse than anything else.
May 15, 2013 12:07 PM

Jul 2012
With my current mindset I would say no I would never choose abandon life no matter how dim the light of hope is but I have no idea whether I would be able keep this attitude during a mental breakdown from one of those situations.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Num1dad_Asura]
[/url]
Click Here for Sig source
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Do you wear seatbelts AT ALL TIMES?

luffysenchou - 3 hours ago

5 by palm-tree »»
15 minutes ago

» If you could perfectly cosplay one character, who would it be?

KnightBreak - 20 minutes ago

0 by KnightBreak »»
20 minutes ago

Poll: » What would you think if you found out someone you were seeing still slept with a stuffed animal?

MeanMrMusician - 8 hours ago

16 by Nette »»
29 minutes ago

» What does your (Hypothetical) sleep paralysis demon look like?

Daviljoe193 - 1 hour ago

1 by Serafos »»
1 hour ago

» Why did you choose your forum avatar and profile picture?

Ejrodiew - Yesterday

29 by MechKingKillbot »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.