Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 5, 2008 12:00 AM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That epsiode was awesome! I cant wait for next week!
Dec 5, 2008 12:11 AM

Oct 2007
did you see the raw
Dec 5, 2008 1:10 AM

Aug 2008
The subbed version has been out for at least 4 hours, if not more... No idea why it didn't appear on DB's site though (it was subbed by them.) You can find it on various streaming sites...
Dec 5, 2008 1:33 AM

Dec 2007
There were two episodes this week?
Dec 5, 2008 1:53 AM

Oct 2007
i watched it on veoh and enjoyed it, but what dattebayo at i couldn't download bleach yesterday or today and i'm having trouble getting on the site, i do get on but only sometimes
Dec 5, 2008 2:10 AM
Feb 2008
GOD, shikimaru kicks so much ass! that trap he set forth was brutal. i wish they could have put more fear into hidan's face though, just to make it even hellish for the viewers (taht sounds pretty sick doesn't it?)

i loved how kakashi saw the fourth in naruto, that made my morning! his rasengan was pretty cool as well.

I think naruto shippudden is acting a lot like the original series now. we are seeing many strategical battles and new techniques. this makes me happy!
Dec 5, 2008 2:15 AM

Oct 2008
good episode, lot of flashbacks tho

NEW ARC WOOT
looks badass
Dec 5, 2008 2:30 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
THAT WAS SUCH A GREAT EPISODE!!!!!

wow! yay!! yes!!!

the preview for the new arch was really good too!!

the only thing was...ANIMATION FAIL
NaruleachDec 7, 2008 3:58 PM
p r o f i l e 👀
Dec 5, 2008 6:24 AM
Oct 2006
Hoah that was a cool episode. The new technique looks so cool too.

The only disapointment was the preview for the next arc. Goddamn fillers starting again. :(
Dec 5, 2008 6:28 AM

Oct 2007
Yeah I also noticed that sudden drop in animation quality but otherwise, one near-perfect special. The only bad moments were the dragged out explanation in the 1st eps and the pointless flashback in the 2nd eps. ^_^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 5, 2008 8:48 AM
Jun 2008
2 eps of great quality, really enjoyed it. next arc seems nice...i haven't read the manga but it didn't look like filler to me
Dec 5, 2008 9:09 AM

Jan 2008
The episode was good- but I dont get how Hidan get to the wood which noone but Shikamaru clan members can enter in the first place...

Dec 5, 2008 9:44 AM

Feb 2008
they added quite a bit of fillers though.

yey, we finally got to see hinata...weeee
Dec 5, 2008 9:54 AM

May 2008
Was a very good episode but i thought there could have been more in it tho, not much really happened but i guess it makes me look forward to the next episode.
Dec 5, 2008 9:56 AM
May 2007
kisami said:

Exactly what i was thinking, was hoping that when the other group came to "save the day" that the other team would be there too, then it got me to wondering what they were up to at the moment (think we've seen hinata like once or so through shippuuden?) Super jazzed to see she'll be included into the new arc going by the preview =)

Great ep though, and noticed the animation change/slip there too ._.; quite amusing.
Dec 5, 2008 10:25 AM

Mar 2008
And Ino is STILL useless >.>
Dec 5, 2008 10:29 AM

Nov 2007
^ lol you telling me
Both Ino and Chogi, werent they left behind to be Kakashi's back up...when did they even BACK HIM UP !? lol
Awesome ep
new technique is pretty awesome, but still needs help of the clones =.= lol
new arc is pretty wicked, and they'll be focusing on another squad which is pretty awesome.
Dec 5, 2008 10:35 AM

Jun 2008
that was an unexpectedly great episode,but they kinda drag it.

the sleeping part was hilarious.
Dec 5, 2008 11:24 AM

Feb 2007
can't wait for the new arc!!!

Dec 5, 2008 11:25 AM

Oct 2007
Since this arc started Naruto anime is getting better a lot. Did they actually hired a better writer and animator? The preview of the new arc "Three Tails" somehow look kind of interesting even thought it is a filler arc.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Dec 5, 2008 12:14 PM

Aug 2008
really good special...maybe the best Naruto special this year. It was pretty well paced, and didn't give us flashbacks we had seen. Second the obvious decline in animaition, but surprising things happened, and <gasp> has Naruto actually developed his character (which I thought had grown between the timeskip, but not really).
Dec 5, 2008 1:14 PM

Apr 2008
WHOOOAAAAAA, Fucking awesome nice episode..... seriously the best special BIG TIME of naruto shippuuden. Way to go Shikamaru, awesome plan !! And doh.... that's why I tell ya.... It's akatsuki you're up against n00bs, cut of their heads just to make sure or inconvenience them or w/e , should've just banged up Kakuzu's body a bit when he was ''unconscious'' on the ground !!!

Yeah wauw indeed, never imagined Naruto's personality with his rushing in ''tactic'' was gonna change , liking the new Naruto :p
Dec 5, 2008 1:17 PM

Oct 2007
i think the only 1 hour special i've really enjoyed from start to finish and yea even though there was some filler parts but it still stuck to the manga storyline and was really good!!

also after this fight it will be....
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 5, 2008 1:58 PM

Jan 2008
I really start to hate the flashbacks :/
Everything else was great.
~de Arimasu
Dec 5, 2008 2:02 PM
Oct 2007
decent episode.. they could of easily added narutos fight in that 2 episode special.
it was interesting to see and hear his new rasengan.. i like the sound it makes :)

now, the three tails arc filler?? /sigh!
maybe it won't be so bad?? i mean in the manga the three tails fight was barely explained.. it was just beaten in half a chapter ~
Dec 5, 2008 4:02 PM

Feb 2008
lol i wonder if that was on purpose with the jigoku shoujo reference. although a conversation like that could probably take place in a situation like that without meaning anything.
Dec 5, 2008 4:20 PM

Jun 2008
kisami said:
lol i wonder if that was on purpose with the jigoku shoujo reference. although a conversation like that could probably take place in a situation like that without meaning anything.

I noticed that too. But it can possibly be something that Japanese people generally say. Actually now that i think about it even in my country they say that when you dig someones grave is like you are digging your own also.
Dec 5, 2008 5:24 PM

Jun 2008
reaght said:
2 eps of great quality, really enjoyed it. next arc seems nice...i haven't read the manga but it didn't look like filler to me

That was because Pierrot got smart about 20 episodes back when they showed the three-tails battle. In the anime episode, they just never finished the battle. However, in the manga, she gets offed, and we see it. It's their way making April fool's come in December by saying "Hey, this isn't filler! Just Kidding! XD" Meh, at the very least, they made it look epic, so it might not be that bad. I'm all for fillers that don't suck. I'm all against fillers that do suck.
Dec 5, 2008 5:32 PM
Nov 2007
It's a badder episode compared to the previous two that aired before it. I mean you've got your cool bits here and there, but the general feel was much badder than the other two. I was excited for this episode, but it just didn't cut it for me. Hopefully next episode will be much better since it shows one of my favourite parts in the manga.

I like the idea of doing a three tails arc, but it's kinda lame how they're putting kiba's team and that girl orochimaru orders into it. Even Naruto and whatnot. I mean, why the heck would Konoha be asked to protect the three tails? Couldn't they just focus on original characters who belong in the same country as the host? Kinda lame really lol

Still, it'll be nice to see a three tails arc. The Deidara and Tobi combination is definitely a watch. Just lame how Konoha has to be in everything.
Dec 5, 2008 6:10 PM
Nov 2007
three tails? score~
they just skipped over it in the manga, but mentioned it a little, so, should be interesting >:3

can't wait til next arc. this ones been around too long imo :S
though the way they did hidan's explosion was pretty rad, lmao.

chocho said:
The episode was good- but I dont get how Hidan get to the wood which noone but Shikamaru clan members can enter in the first place...

uhm, shikamaru dragged him there with the shadow technique much? yeah....
Dec 5, 2008 6:18 PM

Apr 2008
radiantfire said:

Still, it'll be nice to see a three tails arc. The Deidara and Tobi combination is definitely a watch. Just lame how Konoha has to be in everything.

i guess Konoha is kinda like the USA in that aspect... lol. just kidding but anyways

Awesome episode... Naruto is back to being his badass self like he used to be in the original. I get the same feeling the original rasengan gave me when watching him develop and now even use the new one. So overall he has 4 rasengan's now: the original, fuuton rasengan, Oodama rasengan (useless now), and soon to be labeled as forbidden jutsu - Fuuton, Rasen-Shuriken. and hes only half way done with it! shiit...

lame to hear about the filler... i always hate filler b/c nothing cool or exciting ever happens... no new techniques... no big fights... nada... its all just lame crap that you've seen before... far from the awesomeness of this hour special. WHY THE FILLER?

I feel like i'll be watching naruto until im like 25 due to all this filler and pacing problems... and i'm 20.
Dec 5, 2008 6:48 PM

May 2008
then just drop it >.>

im glad everyone is asking Konoha to do stuff, or else we would just watch naruto catching cats all the time >_>
dont u want to watch the powerfull battles?

AND U ALL SUCK!!!
NARUTO IS TEH BEST!!!
Dec 5, 2008 8:37 PM

May 2008
resilent said:
kisami said:

Exactly what i was thinking, was hoping that when the other group came to "save the day" that the other team would be there too, then it got me to wondering what they were up to at the moment (think we've seen hinata like once or so through shippuuden?) Super jazzed to see she'll be included into the new arc going by the preview =)

Great ep though, and noticed the animation change/slip there too ._.; quite amusing.
The New Arc looks interesting.
Dec 5, 2008 9:18 PM

Sep 2008
I really wish they would have kept the CG background. That really added something to the action scenes. Are they really going to do another filler arc?
Dec 6, 2008 12:00 AM

Oct 2007
I love it when Hidan and Kakuzu finally realize how much they underestimated the genius of Shikamaru. He's just too awesome. Naruto seems like he's actually turning out to be pretty kickass besides relying on just his nine-tails for once. Can't wait to see how he will use that awesome technique.
Dec 6, 2008 12:17 AM

Apr 2008
the new arc definitely looks better than the random crappy mission filler we usually get...
but as some other guys said.. a filler is a filler we won't get anything new -__-..
nice ep.. but it sucks that we get an episode like that once in 3 years... we should be having this kind of action every frigging week -___-
Dec 6, 2008 12:24 AM

Oct 2008
aw.... the one i watched didn't have a preview/ i turned it off before the preview(don't know which) now i'm gonna have to go find the thing(how troublesome XD) cause everyone's talking about it.
Dec 6, 2008 2:46 AM
Jul 2008
Yeah, this special was pretty good. It served its purpose of trying to move things along and at the same time brought some real juicy action. The new arc is looking promising as well. Even though it is presumably a filler, it looks like it will at least provide us with a strong plot revolving around the 3 tails and some character development with Tobi and an introduction with a few new characters. Dec 18!
"To see with eyes unclouded by hate"

-Prince Ashitaka, "Princess Mononoke"
Dec 6, 2008 5:07 AM

Feb 2008
awesome
The measure of a true shinobi is not how he lived but how he dies
Dec 6, 2008 8:04 AM

Sep 2008
Great episode, it really showed that brains > power...

Shikamaru is pure genius, and such a lazy one as well :p
Dec 6, 2008 9:58 AM
Mar 2008
meh, ok episode

Seriously, this is a seriously bad spoiler. Don't click unless you've read the manga.
Dec 6, 2008 11:17 AM
Jun 2007
this is probably the only episode in the entire series so far, that I have no complaints about. it was very true to the source material, the animation was at least above average by this show's standards, and of course, Hinata appearing in a side story. can't get any better than that. :D
Dec 6, 2008 11:56 AM

Apr 2008
Orochimaru in the previews!!!!
another filler arc though -_-
but wth GREAT EPISODE!!
Sayonara Hidan....
"Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. And some will lose more than the tips off their fingers, I promise you. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that"
Dec 6, 2008 12:52 PM

May 2008
Not as good as the first part of the special but still pretty good. The flashbacks were annoying and the deer were really creepy.
Dec 6, 2008 1:36 PM

Sep 2007
Here comes the fillers... at least Hinata gets some screen time.
Dec 6, 2008 2:12 PM

Aug 2008
that technique.... holy sh*t they really did it justice in the anime!

edit: Oh but I am NOT looking forward to them over extending a minor part of the story like they are about to do. An arc about the 3-Tails, are you kidding?!
DonKangolJonesDec 6, 2008 2:16 PM
Dec 6, 2008 4:16 PM

Jul 2008
Maybe they'll be smart and only have the 3 tails in one episode... Or maybe they won't. :P

Hopefully it won't be too long because they also showed clips of Orochimaru and Sasuke that looks straight from the manga.
Dec 6, 2008 4:55 PM
Mar 2008
Is the blue kyuubi eyes supposed to mean something, or did they just forget to color it red? XD
Dec 6, 2008 7:48 PM

Sep 2008
Arcanus said:
And Ino is STILL useless >.>

*nods*
Yay! New arc! We'll finally get to see Hinata! We've only seen her... what? once before? >.< (and we're at ep. 87 ¬¬)
I can't wait!! =)

*^*Random Rant*^*
Dec 7, 2008 3:05 AM

Oct 2008
Liked it veeery much. ^^

Technique looked interesting too and that preview/spoiler thingy at the end of the episode intrigued me very much. ^^ [there where Tsunade sayed one thing about narutos new jutsu and where orochimaru appeared and some of akatsuki & stufff. ^^ coolies. 8] ]
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 42 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Jan 10, 2008

78 by pickyotaku »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 41 Discussion

zq - Dec 21, 2007

25 by pickyotaku »»
Yesterday, 3:42 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 40 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Dec 20, 2007

78 by pickyotaku »»
Yesterday, 9:59 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 )

CrackedFlowers - Dec 13, 2007

53 by pickyotaku »»
Yesterday, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 36 Discussion

Dunther - Aug 13, 2008

17 by pickyotaku »»
Jun 14, 3:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.