Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 27, 2008 3:14 PM

Jul 2007

Oh man, this face was great.
Oct 27, 2008 3:25 PM

Jul 2008
Scud said:

Scud said:

YEAH THIS FACE IS LOL! SERIOUSLY!
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 27, 2008 4:00 PM

Aug 2008
Antanaru said:
aydar said:
About the hype, it's mainly coz of Nagi. If you watched Spice and Wolf, you should know why.

Nothing can beat horoism ^^

I can't help it but rewatch for those funny scenes ;]

JadeMatrix said:
Fragile_Melody said:
Iriya said:
Wasabi said:
Needs less harem, and more actual plot.
What he said.
I agree with you both.
Plot? Is this heresy thou dost speak? No, seriously, I'm watching this in an ep-by-ep manner, for the comedy. Harem's fine in an all-comedy show, plot is unnecessary.
Which is why Zange's serious side surprises me.

Flibbertigibbet said:
Nayah said:
Zange-chan needs more love.
Zange-chan will get plenty of love. It's always the childhood friends that get left out in these situations though =( Tsugumi <3
Actually, my impression is just the opposite: childhood friends get too much attention (at least romantically). Of course, I'll make an exception for Tsugumi, 'cause she's awesome.

vouch both
aydarOct 27, 2008 4:04 PM
Oct 27, 2008 5:57 PM

Dec 2007
just finished watching episode 4 and i loved it!! xD
i just love nagis sister, i still think she is better then nagi!!!
5/5 for this episode!!!
Oct 27, 2008 5:59 PM

Dec 2007
aydar said:
Antanaru said:
aydar said:
About the hype, it's mainly coz of Nagi. If you watched Spice and Wolf, you should know why.

Nothing can beat horoism ^^

I can't help it but rewatch for those funny scenes ;]

JadeMatrix said:
Fragile_Melody said:
Iriya said:
Wasabi said:
What he said.
I agree with you both.
Plot? Is this heresy thou dost speak? No, seriously, I'm watching this in an ep-by-ep manner, for the comedy. Harem's fine in an all-comedy show, plot is unnecessary.
Which is why Zange's serious side surprises me.

Flibbertigibbet said:
Nayah said:
Zange-chan needs more love.
Zange-chan will get plenty of love. It's always the childhood friends that get left out in these situations though =( Tsugumi <3
Actually, my impression is just the opposite: childhood friends get too much attention (at least romantically). Of course, I'll make an exception for Tsugumi, 'cause she's awesome.

vouch both

i dont think this show is an all-comedy-show :S.. school rumble is an all comedy show, see the difference? :P.. anyhow, nice harem he's forming at his house. the plot is beginning to go somewhere at last also. still this show is only mediocre at best.
Oct 27, 2008 6:03 PM

Dec 2007
Super-very-suprised scene was the best! :D...i was loling like 10 minutes :D or the scene in gym storage room when Jin barged in and was shocked XD
Anywas 5/5...
[center]If you aren't troubling the rest of the world, then there's no harm in being abnormal.
Oct 27, 2008 6:26 PM

Jan 2008
Lol, that was great. Soy sauce on bread ftw too XD
Oct 27, 2008 6:40 PM

Jun 2008
Oh shi-

Looks like a harem now, doesn't it? Zange is super cute. I really, like her...she's the type of character I just, adore but can get annoyed by because I prefer the other character, in this situation Nagi <3

Now Jin is living with them both though! Dun dun dun, what is to come? I'd like moar plot served to my plate now though please. & I'm still anticipating Nagi actually becoming a superstaaar, hehe, I totally have the opening as my video ringtone, muahaha! Must...learn...dance!
Oct 27, 2008 8:51 PM

Jul 2008
Don't you just hate the cliché plot that main fem char will always be with the main male char? -_-
Website http://akariREMOVED.co.cc/sig/sig.php is reporting as Malware.
Oct 27, 2008 8:52 PM
Mar 2008
Man everything Nagi does is moe. Liked how Jin shut the door instantly after seeing that. Whodathunk that Zange would move in.
Oct 27, 2008 10:06 PM

Dec 2007
Good epiosde, I guess. Zange is so cute, so is Nagi! I'm interested in Zange's goal to get Jin. Well, it's harem now since Zange likes Jin .
Oct 27, 2008 11:23 PM

Nov 2007
i wonder why zange and her host are so interested in jin and what do they really want him for. just the comment in the church made me seem like there is another reason for a god to enter a human just so the girl can get a guy.
Oct 27, 2008 11:40 PM

Oct 2008
interesting episode .. funny as always
his classmates are hilarious lol
another girl moving in ehhhh?
zange is cute but i still like the relationship between jin x nagi.. just a funny duo
time for them to turn idol haha
come on episode 5
Oct 28, 2008 2:26 AM

Aug 2008
brazan90 said:

i dont think this show is an all-comedy-show :S.. school rumble is an all comedy show, see the difference? :P.. anyhow, nice harem he's forming at his house. the plot is beginning to go somewhere at last also. still this show is only mediocre at best.

Compare school rumble and seto no hanayome. You know what I mean?
Different kinds of comedy.
This show is kinda slice of life with harem and light comedy (yes I think this show is pretty funny atm)

crazy_eights said:
i wonder why zange and her host are so interested in jin and what do they really want him for. just the comment in the church made me seem like there is another reason for a god to enter a human just so the girl can get a guy.

Coz the host probably also likes jin.
Oct 28, 2008 10:43 AM

Jul 2008
There's a plot somewhere here, its just really, really, really, really, REALLY slow lol.

EDIT: I dunno, I just don't seem to be connecting very well with these characters so the slice-of-life aspect doesn't seem to help much.
DefianceOct 28, 2008 10:52 AM
Oct 28, 2008 11:27 AM

Feb 2008
Awesome episode, there isn't a single character in this that I don't like. For once. Woah.
Oct 28, 2008 12:26 PM

Oct 2007
l
gameoffreak8 said:
Good epiosde, I guess. Zange is so cute, so is Nagi! I'm interested in Zange's goal to get Jin. Well, it's harem now since Zange likes Jin .
Likely to weaken Nagi and kill her in the end. Well it seems so. I hate Zange. What an ugly personality.

Just to see how many are bedazzled by her outer appearance. tzz -_-
^_^ ^_^
Oct 28, 2008 12:53 PM

Sep 2008
Episode = Win
Go Watch Sumomo momo Its epic. It has not gotten much attention... Episode 1
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v83597095dreGdW#comments
Oct 29, 2008 12:47 AM

Feb 2008
dammit just when I thought I like this anime so much. Zange is pissing me off but Jin doing nothing when Zange abused Nagi is making me pissed in my pants >=(

and because of Zange, I yawned watching half of this episode >_<

Oct 29, 2008 5:17 AM

Aug 2007
Grr, Zange should die for abusing Nagi :(
Oct 29, 2008 6:19 AM

Dec 2007
aydar said:
brazan90 said:

This show is kinda slice of life with harem and light comedy (yes I think this show is pretty funny atm)

crazy_eights said:

dont have a clue waht you mean, havent watched the show ;).. well, what i meant was that this show has some kind of story it follows while school rumble is just totally random. dont get me wrong, i didnt mean kannagi isnt comedy. its just as you say, a different sort of comedy
Oct 29, 2008 6:44 AM

Jul 2008
brazan90 said:
aydar said:
brazan90 said:

crazy_eights said:

dont have a clue waht you mean, havent watched the show ;).. well, what i meant was that this show has some kind of story it follows while school rumble is just totally random. dont get me wrong, i didnt mean kannagi isnt comedy. its just as you say, a different sort of comedy

Actually I WANTED TO ANSWER THIS WITH LOGIC AND TRUTH! HERE I GO!

Ok we know Zange is a half personbality of Nagi, half of the spirit also! Knowqing this upon Nagi and Zange coming close, it would be logical due to their supernatural emitting they would have access to each other memories without the other even knowing. Thus Zange would be attracted to Jin simply cause Nagi is but Nagi seems to be there only for Jin help to purify, Zange really likes him but it's more Hakua (human spirit within the same body) that also is attracted to him. After all he saved her from possible rape. Such a virgin would piss me off if those SOBs did something to her.

This being said Zange and Nagi can communicate perhaps beyond what we understand and see as things.
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 29, 2008 3:03 PM
Dec 2007
kluxorious said:
dammit just when I thought I like this anime so much. Zange is pissing me off but Jin doing nothing when Zange abused Nagi is making me pissed in my pants >=(

and because of Zange, I yawned watching half of this episode >_<
Considering Nagi turned out fine I think he did help her after the initial shock passed.

I'm thinking the host girl is the one with the hots for Jin and she's helping Zange just for the chance of getting Jin. Meaning, we still don't know why Zange hijacked a human's body. I'll laugh if it really turns out to be something as petty as Zange having the hots for Jin too.

Oct 29, 2008 3:06 PM

Jan 2008
LolitaDecay said:
Awesome episode, there isn't a single character in this that I don't like. For once. Woah.
qft. Same here.
Oct 30, 2008 12:38 AM
Jul 2008
LOL, at Jin trying to run away to call the police while Zange was about to be raped.
Oct 30, 2008 3:00 AM

Jul 2008
silky19kilo said:
LOL, at Jin trying to run away to call the police while Zange was about to be raped.

I find it funnier when
Website http://akariREMOVED.co.cc/sig/sig.php is reporting as Malware.
Oct 30, 2008 3:08 AM

Jan 2008
Flibbertigibbet said:

Retard
Just avoid reading his posts.
Oct 31, 2008 2:34 AM

Sep 2007
Somehow that little sister pisses me off...
Oct 31, 2008 11:48 PM

Oct 2007
Anyone else find Nagi very similar to the melancholy of someone else we know oh so well? Well, besides both being God, odd-balls, unpredictable..etc etc
Nov 1, 2008 8:20 AM
Aug 2007
I wish they had followed through with the gym storage yuri bondage rape scene.
Nov 1, 2008 4:10 PM

Dec 2007
thearchlich said:
I wish they had followed through with the gym storage yuri bondage rape scene.

i second that, lol
Nov 1, 2008 8:08 PM

May 2007
This season's Haruhi continues to deliver.

Really funny, I don't like Zenge as a person but as a character to play off of Nagi she is great.
My anime list
Nov 1, 2008 9:46 PM

Dec 2007
Zange is going to be a fascinating character. Man, I still love the writing in this show. The animation's gone down a little, but it still looks better than most shows.

GESSO CAN ATTACK!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 2, 2008 7:41 PM
Nov 2007
Comments made while watching:

-How did your life end up so crappy? The funny part is he asks that while drinking "Ebisu".

-100 yen for each confession? Wow since when has the economy been so bad that the Catholic church is hurting?

-Wait are you actually asking me to make and a worship an idol of you?

-So what you are saying is that Zange is NOT an actual nun...huh well who would have thought. :D

-Gesso Can attack! Seems I was right about Jin, the patch, and Zaraki Kenpachi.

-Oh no we will never be able to get through this barrier of thin metal poles...

-Creepiness level rising...

YOUNGER SISTER!?!

-The irony is that technically Zange is a pagan god talking about remaing a god while standing in a Christian chapel, dressed as a nun and even wearing a Crucifix for God's sake.

-Kannagi = the name of the city/town/area. Ok that was clever.

-Apparently Jin has a thing for band aids...

-Holy crap you can see my flashbacks?!?

-This isnt about sisters making up, she is stealing my followers...now its personal.

-Wow, did anybody else actually miss Zange the first time right before Nagi pointed her out in the school uniform?

-Yeah well you used a jump rope so that's cheating!

-*Jin opens the door* Oh sorry ill come back later... *closes the door*

-"Is it because Zange has bigger breasts?" Well now that you mention it...

-LOL at the ending!

Post Episode Comments:

This is turning into a Harem Anime and I am loving it like McDonalds. (actually better than McDonalds). Now we have the plot explained with the whole fight between too goddesses for worshipers with Jin caught in the middle. This has the building blocks all in place for a good anime.

Nov 3, 2008 5:06 AM

Apr 2008
Nice episode. Zange-chan rocks! Very funny ending, this is getting interesting.
Nov 3, 2008 1:50 PM

Feb 2008
And here we go from an interesting start to a plot which seems to be totally ordinary for a harem/comedy show =_=' . Its 3/5 for me now!

WAIT , before you rip me to pieces: Its just my personal opinion! ^^

Wasabi said:

Quote for truth!

Nov 3, 2008 1:54 PM

Jul 2008
seekster said:

-How did your life end up so crappy? The funny part is he asks that while drinking "Ebisu".

-100 yen for each confession? Wow since when has the economy been so bad that the Catholic church is hurting?

-So what you are saying is that Zange is NOT an actual nun...huh well who would have thought. :D

YOUNGER SISTER!?!

-The irony is that technically Zange is a pagan god talking about remaing a god while standing in a Christian chapel, dressed as a nun and even wearing a Crucifix for God's sake.

-This isnt about sisters making up, she is stealing my followers...now its personal.

-Wow, did anybody else actually miss Zange the first time right before Nagi pointed her out in the school uniform?

-LOL at the ending!

Post Episode Comments:

This is turning into a Harem Anime and I am loving it like McDonalds. (actually better than McDonalds). Now we have the plot explained with the whole fight between too goddesses for worshipers with Jin caught in the middle. This has the building blocks all in place for a good anime.

DUDE POST MORE MORE! YOU CRACK ME EVERYTIME! :) :) :) :) :) :)
Nov 3, 2008 5:14 PM
Nov 2007
angel999 said:
seekster said:

YOUNGER SISTER!?!

-LOL at the ending!

Post Episode Comments:

Wow seriously? Thanks I love to know that I made someone else beside me laugh. :D Im doing the same thing on Toradora right now, though I may get bored of that anime after a while...I will keep doing this on Kannagi though I like it.
Nov 4, 2008 5:01 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
super cute. ekkk i type this while listening to the ending music..so good!!
p r o f i l e đź‘€
Nov 4, 2008 8:30 AM

Sep 2008
Sooooo they just added another female into his house. This is starting to turn into a harlem series. While that woudln't be a bad thing there just ins't enough ecchiness to make it actually work..
Nov 5, 2008 9:41 PM

May 2008
Now SINCE WHEN did Nagi ever care about perversion? Ah jealousy.
I'll kind of miss Nagi's whole "oh boobs, hmm, ok" attitude toward sex and such.

And SO THAT explains her being in the church uniform. I see Nagi was confounded by it as well.
She's using it as a tool to expand her powers. Apparently it's trendy for her to appear as a Catholic Sister than a kami. *shrug* And apparently it's also due to a church being formed right by her tree. How interesting a development for her.

Boy, she sure is evil.xD Not to mention perverted.xD

And now we finally get to finally understand the meaning of that intro. She's going to become a Jpop idol to gain peoples love. Much playing on the fact that Jpop idols such as Ai Kago are often treated like Kami.

Wonder when that'll come about. There's only a few episodes left. This is a short series.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Nov 9, 2008 9:40 AM

May 2007
Waiting for this to become harem/ecchi anime. Nagi is more delicious than Zange. Is it just me or 70% of the scenes contain legs? (im not complaining)
Nov 10, 2008 3:33 AM

Mar 2008
haha.. just reminiscing this episode reminds me how ecchi this series is.. but zange chan is really cute n fun.. i think the only reason i would continue watching this anime is zange.. ^^ her nun cosplay is obviously moe, and her in school uniform is just plain criminal.

tsugumi is caught in between, the perfect osananajimi (childhood friend).. she's cute at times, but at this rate, it seems she'll forever be a side character compared to nagi and zange.. ganbare, tsugumi!

on the other hand, nagi looks so childish.. her magic staff 'oharai' is just too dumb ^^; i suppose the next in the series will be her road to become an idol.. but it just doesn't keep me anticipating.. i have to say i prefer seto no hanayome over this..
Nov 12, 2008 2:29 PM

Apr 2008
angel999 said:
seekster said:

YOUNGER SISTER!?!

-LOL at the ending!

Post Episode Comments:

agreed ^^ I really enjoyed those comments, and it's funny to see I'm not the only one thinking that kind of things while watching anime
Dec 9, 2008 10:39 PM

May 2008
Zange-chan is just like Ami-chan from toradora... lol.

should be interesting if they live under the same roof, hehe
Dec 14, 2008 3:52 AM

Dec 2008
Great episode, not as great as the previous three, but still great. Loled at the part when Jin randomly dodged that punch then hit him with the "Gesso can attack!". It was funny when Jin was having those flashbacks then Nagi commenting on it aha
Dec 23, 2008 10:00 AM

Jun 2008
Uh on, I smell a harem plot!
Dec 28, 2008 1:14 PM

Nov 2008
Such a turn in Zange's personality, I didn't expect that from her, I even started to like her when she said she was listening to confessions to be herself (though becoming oneself for 100 yen/a person... wow that's the business!) ^__^

Tell me please if you have read manga, what was the explanation of dividing the goddess there (angel said it was different). I'm just curious.

Credits for the av go to whispering-eden.livejournal.com =)
I used to be Dolce_Vitka here, but Vitka_Lynx is my nickname at alost all other sites, so I decided to take it here, too ^___^
Apr 6, 2009 7:38 AM

Dec 2008
Why is Zange only evil in this episode?
I mean,she captivated Nagi and stepped on her head.
but in the other episodes she did no bad things to her sister at all
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 25, 2009 12:45 AM

Jan 2008
The first few eps were better then this one I did like it but just not as much. I did really love all the little things like the very quick explanation, as well as the Moe, and dont forget the Zange licking the cheek. All in all I give this ep a 7/10 which isnt bad but not the best.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kannagi Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

DeadIEnd - Dec 27, 2008

222 by __FK__ »»
Feb 21, 12:36 PM

» SEASON 2 WHERE?!!!?!?

KhoaVN - Sep 24, 2023

1 by TheChainsawMan »»
Sep 24, 2023 8:55 AM

» ...I could eat three bowls of rice

formosan - Feb 12, 2009

2 by KhoaVN »»
Sep 24, 2023 7:43 AM

Poll: » Kannagi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

dtshyk - Oct 4, 2008

159 by KhoaVN »»
Sep 24, 2023 7:38 AM

Poll: » Kannagi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

sniW - Dec 6, 2008

176 by 3miL »»
Mar 18, 2023 12:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.