Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Jan 6, 2013 4:16 PM

Oct 2010
One of the things I hate about this series is how a DEMONIC BITCH is shown with specific big breasts to taunt people into liking her bitch ass lies. Truly she does say the truth but she never mentions who is responsible for it. Why? Heck she does not even who she is. At worst I say she is fake. That symbol and position are just instaured and if it’s true what she says then she might be just a puppet of a greater Demon Lord himself. In any case I find the MC girl a big breasted milking whore of males. Certainly she is made to be appealing and certainly it’s understandable for the most of liking her. However I don’t get deceived easily. I might not mention it but now I do.

Now the problem with this series is that it’s too idealistic and proposing. It sounds like someone made this to denounce the shit done to them. Knowing politics and Japan it would only be natural that it’s against the USA. Now how so? Simply put all the notions mentioned are part of USA strategies in Irak/Afghanistan and Syria. Soon to be Iran for Israel and North Korea for further control of Asia. Now that being said it’s obvious to me it’s like that.

About the OP, I can say of the following spoiler
to be the most anticipating for me. Mainly due to the fact that Demon Bitch is going wild and a possible killing of her near thee end must be done. Losing it for a demon is very easy despite not looking at it due to their negative feedback naturally. Then there is the sudden blood spur out. That will be interesting to know WTF is going on.

The demon bitch crying will be quite the delight for me to see.

The 3 wizards are looking mighty interesting. The Hero should have stayed with them so they would kill the bitch at the end.

About the ED, if anyone has the translation of the weird language written in the spoiler
among the many other parts of it. I would like to know because I am curious to know. Seems like Eloying or ancient Hebrew.

About the episode, the hero completely insulted all Heroes ever done and the one in:
http://myanimelist.net/anime/13161/Hagure_Yuusha_no_Estetica
Did so too but at least he was able to ascertain his own ruler ship. While this hero was lame like shit being shy around breasts and such. Rather a large weakness to have.

I find the explanation for the Black Plague to be ridiculous. Surely the governments are like that but the ultimate deal was if it was instaured in order to downsize the population. Hermits and Alchemists could have easily concocted it and some even say it came from hell and demons themselves. Bottom line is that disease are always either made or spread around to lower the population. Cause in thee end less population = easier control and less food needed to make them live.

About thee end, well in thee end nothing amounted of this episode but only massive brainwashing of demons into believing that after the shit they caused humanity they be bringing love/sex instead of war? I would prefer dignity and gratefulness to God who made me than live in a shitty world made by a shitty human/Demon Bitch whom her whole clan is responsible in shedding cannibalism and destruction upon the humans. It was never them who started it but it was most of all them demons of hers. No human would ever attack anything that is nice and looks good. Hence the Demon Bitch might be the only one looking nice.

The taking off of the horns was ridiculous IMO. It looked bad and suggested that a demon’s horns are merely a tool to fight? Some sort of magical item? I was thinking it was part of the person who is a demon.

This is quite the standard among animes, to make bad look good. Well like most of them it’s not going to work on me. Demon Bitch will not convince me of anything but lies and shit from her. Therefore it’s up to me to see what she says and how much of it is truth and how much is BS. For this interests me a lot.

Rest of thoughts in the club.

PS: This what I had time to compose. Now try to refute it!

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 6, 2013 4:36 PM

Dec 2009
I really fell for this. Best series so far.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jan 6, 2013 4:45 PM
Mar 2009
Meh, I still prefer the "Kotowaru's" version of drawings, but I guess I'll get used to this. Winter King looks so weird though...

The OP had some characters I didn't recognize. Mainly the other two magicians that were next to Female Magician.

Oh dear god, the useless meat is Gainaxing all over the place...Heard the boing, boing everywhere.

Lol, didn't think we'd get to see Female Magician so early on. Haha, "dumb virgin."

Whoa, we even get to see Female Knight and Old Geezer already?

Haha, all the extra stuff they added in was pretty good. Even more hyped for this adaptation now.
Jan 6, 2013 4:51 PM

Apr 2009
Reminds me of Spice and wolf for some reason.

I'm really starting to like the Demon King especially her great personality. I lol'ed at the part when she was hugging and kissing the pillow with the Hero's face in it. Can't wait to see how their relationship develops until the end of the show.
Jan 6, 2013 5:37 PM

Oct 2010
DarkHeroine said:
Reminds me of Spice and wolf for some reason.
If check them:
http://myanimelist.net/people/6738/Takahashi_Takeo
http://myanimelist.net/people/6376/Arai_Akino
both were involved in Spice and Wolf. That is why it should remind you of it cause it's the same staff that were doing that series.

Jan 6, 2013 7:31 PM

Sep 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
to be the most anticipating for me. Mainly due to the fact that Demon Bitch is going wild and a possible killing of her near thee end must be done. Losing it for a demon is very easy despite not looking at it due to their negative feedback naturally. Then there is the sudden blood spur out. That will be interesting to know WTF is going on.

read from the manga that...

Yumekichi11 said:
Demon Bitch will not convince me of anything but lies and shit from her.

sadly for you she is as stated by the Head Maid around the time when the Hero was still a baby

Yumekichi11 said:
Therefore it’s up to me to see what she says and how much of it is truth and how much is BS.

nope
it not up to you
Jan 6, 2013 7:39 PM

Oct 2010
Brigandi said:
Yumekichi11 said:

read from the manga that...
THANKS FOR PROVING MY POINT. You can never trust them. Your spoiler is the best proof of it. I most likely already see emotions playing the key in solving it. The love FAD, yes many know it.
Yumekichi11 said:
Demon Bitch will not convince me of anything but lies and shit from her.

Brigandi said:
sadly for you she is as stated by the Head Maid around the time when the Hero was still a baby

Yumekichi11 said:
Therefore it’s up to me to see what she says and how much of it is truth and how much is BS.

nope
it not up to you
OK I understand but you do know I meant by this as in seeing for myself what is logical/useful to me and what is not useful to me/incoherent to me.

Jan 6, 2013 7:42 PM

Mar 2011
Yes it's got the same director and writher as spice & wolf. So of course it's similar in that respect... O and its set around the same time period. but it's still an enjoyable series.

i have high hopes for the future episodes. Its only the first and thats laying down the longwinded storyline, background and letting you understand the characters personalities. but they done well

I have to say i thoroughly enjoyed it... But i'v never really been a fan of CGI within animation so some of the backgrounds specially the spinning camera shots made the characters look out of place. That was the only thing i found a little disappointing.
Two wrongs don't make a right! but three rights make a left...
Jan 6, 2013 7:59 PM

Sep 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
THANKS FOR PROVING MY POINT. You can never trust them. Your spoiler is the best proof of it. I most likely already see emotions playing the key in solving it. The love FAD, yes many know it.

never trust them how...?
you saying she was willing to be possessed?
have you read the LN or the fucking manga? wtf do you know?
are you racist against demons or do you like to find new reasons to hate her?
Jan 6, 2013 8:01 PM

Oct 2010
Brigandi said:
Yumekichi11 said:

never trust them how...?
you saying she was willing to be possessed?
have you read the LN or the fucking manga? wtf do you know?
are you racist against demons or do you like to find new reasons to hate her?
Guess you say I am racist against demons. Yes, let's leave it at that and the Hero virtue being tarnished but that's all.

Jan 6, 2013 8:21 PM

Jul 2009
yes... "demons" as the Christians would like to describe them
guess who's brainwashed here?

Think about it, what's the best way to unite a whole union to fight against a common enemy? By making them all sound like evil beings with propaganda and such. The first half of the conversation is suppose to point out those fallacy, but guess someone here is too stubborn to think otherwise.
Jan 6, 2013 8:30 PM

Apr 2011
I would have liked it if they built a relationship overtime instead of in a hentai-esque manner.
“Suppose, gentlemen, that man is not stupid.”
Jan 6, 2013 8:52 PM

Nov 2011
Oh, if it isn't the Black Flame Master. Well, I will give this series a try, it got some good VA and that's enough reason for now.

So the MC will be forever called Hero huh? The ED is quite plain if I have to say.

Jan 6, 2013 9:10 PM
Feb 2012
ahh are people comparing it with spice and wolf just cuz of the VAs? are they produced by the same company or something? idk, im not really getting the spice and wolf feeling as everyone else is :P more like, i cant take the MC seriously cuz of Dark Flame Master xD

aaaand maou bounces too much, cant fall in love with her like Holo... ahh Holo come back i need season 3 x)

one thing i am looking forward to is miyuki sawashiro. aahhh her voice melts my heart xD (recently watched kokoro connect)
Jan 6, 2013 9:14 PM

Feb 2012
Wow, that is one swayable MC.
Jan 6, 2013 10:05 PM

Dec 2008
I like it.
Jan 6, 2013 10:09 PM

Jan 2011
Hakuromatsu said:

You dont know the power of the dark side... errrr oversized boobs.
Jan 6, 2013 10:18 PM

Jul 2012
LOOOOOOOL. Came here for curiosity as to if people are arguing over economics. Stayed for the boobies arguments. CONTINUE...
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Jan 6, 2013 10:20 PM

Mar 2008
Liking it so far, but I feel the characters generally were better in S&W, because they seem more mature, we're less inclined to go dere and they weren't trying to sell boobs. Still, it's a decent premise and I really shouldn't be comparing it to another show like that so I eagerly await to see what they have for us next.
Jan 6, 2013 10:45 PM

Jul 2010
That was... so good. So Spice and Wolf-esque. It made me so happy and enchanted! Can't wait for next week ^-^
Jan 6, 2013 10:49 PM

Jul 2011
So far so good, i loved the VR touch they went with. It definitely enhanced the immersion behind her argument. I felt they exaggerated hero's reactions a little. Yeah he is initially embarrassed and very uncomfortable around Maou but i think they played that up just a little too much.

Anyway the pacing seems good and and the visuals and voice acting seem top notch this has been well worth the wait. Also to the guys complaining about the boobs a little spoiler
so if its going to torment i would drop it now.
Jan 6, 2013 11:21 PM

Dec 2009
Mixing and matching the various novel adaptations huh. Anyways I like that Young Merchant was introduced. Best character in the series IMO. :P

Anyways like the randomness and such, although some might argue it's very Keynesian in it's initial premise.
Jan 6, 2013 11:22 PM

Apr 2011
Yeah I definitely felt a lot of spice and wolf in this show and the ED just sealed the deal so I'll be watching it. I Hope it's get's better by the time and at the same level as spice and wolf even though I hate the economics part I'll stay for the boo... for the romance (actually I dislike oversized boobs).
TormentedJan 6, 2013 11:25 PM
Jan 7, 2013 12:29 AM

Jul 2009
It was long since I watched an anime and this one attracted me, since it's my first time seeing a female demon king/queen who is sweet and sadistic altogether.
Let's hope they keep it up like this ^^
Jan 7, 2013 12:37 AM

Dec 2012
Lol the ending to the first episode was unexpected. Looking forward to the 2nd episode.
Jan 7, 2013 1:35 AM

Nov 2011
I guess i'm the only one that found the demon king's logic a bit stupid.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jan 7, 2013 6:16 AM

Mar 2012
Very slow paced; but still enjoyable. Had some very funny moments.
Jan 7, 2013 6:51 AM

Jan 2012
The opening already gave me that Spice and Wolf vibe, and to top it off they're both the same voice actors too, which made me like it allot more right away. Its introducing a to be Dark and Gritty story, has good comedy so far, fantastic voice actors, and awesome character designs (altough it probably would of been better if the boobs weren't as humungus as they are)

Definitely gonna keep watching this! Looking forward to episode 2!
Jan 7, 2013 7:03 AM

Oct 2012
I watched the first episode between two episodes of Spice and Wolf and well, I felt like this was the same show.
If there will be more economics stuff with those kind of interactions between MCs, It will be really good.
And I don't care about the boobs, it's kind of fun and I don't think there will be more fan service.
Jan 7, 2013 7:57 AM
Mar 2009
"Look at my flabby arms," she says, whilst oblivious to her bouncy breasts.

Anyhow, interesting satire on the Malthus-ian "War is necessary" philosophy, will be interesting to see how they tackle the concept of changing the world into a post-war reality. Perhaps improving agriculture.... without letting "terminator seeds" and such be developed.
Jan 7, 2013 9:11 AM

Feb 2012
Wow, AWESOME first ep.

Fukuyuma Jun and Koshimizu Ami reprise their roles as leads just like in Spice & Wolf and Code Geass, and it is AWESOME.

Maou is so sexy, and the dynamic between her and the hero are perfect just like in Spice & Wolf.

Also loved the comedic parts. I thought this would just be another boob anime ( Which I personally love, as seen by my profile ), but it's more than that from what's seen in the first ep.

Overall, this is a series I'll look forward to every week for more reasons than one!

EDIT: As expected, from reading parts of this thread there's people that are allergic to boobs.

Good lord.
Jan 7, 2013 9:23 AM

Nov 2009
Anything is worth watching nowadays if its not just moe girls doing nothing even if i need to watch big boobs bouncing every minute.
Jan 7, 2013 9:49 AM

Feb 2012
Yvese said:
EDIT: As expected, from reading parts of this thread there's people that are allergic to boobs.

In context.
Jan 7, 2013 10:19 AM
Oct 2010
Hakuromatsu said:
Maybe Maou is an expert mentalist.

You don't need to swing a pocket watch to induce eye fixation hypnosis (you can swing something else >.>)
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Jan 7, 2013 10:32 AM
Sep 2011
Well, this has some fanservice. However, it has an interesting premise and a good production value. Some nice visuals there combined with the somehow clever premise, makes it good. Let's see what it has to offer us.

4/5 for this episode
Jan 7, 2013 11:20 AM
Sep 2012
Much funnier and smarter than I expected. Definitely going to keep watching this. The demon lord is a pretty funny character.
Jan 7, 2013 12:47 PM

Jul 2012
This anime season has maybe 7 that i would watch, the first episode of this one reminds me of like a cross between spice and wolf, (i belief they have the same director dont quote me on that), and some fan service. It does give me some hope because even though the boobs were big and giggling, there wasnt any close randomly tearing, (i belief he also did ikkitousen) so i dont think its going to be borderline hentai.

However, it is arms and they have been know for thinking with their second heads and this is the first episode so only time will tell.
"Sanity? Sorry. I don't remember having such a useless thing in the first place." -Kenpachi, Bleach
Jan 7, 2013 2:24 PM

Feb 2012
Definitely enjoyed it, especially the ED; Animation wasn't my forte to a certain extent however the ways in which the story can go from here really drew me in. Always a fan of a little bit of fan service that isn't greatly exaggerated, especially when it has some sort of reasoning behind it in a realistic scenario (seduction) plus it seems suiting for a Demon King(Queen).
Jan 7, 2013 2:30 PM

Mar 2011
That was really enjoyable.#

Some of the other new starters this season haven't really grabbed me by the balls but this had my attention the whole time.

Admittedly, boob physics played a large part in that but only in the same way sugar in coffee keeps it chuggable!
Jan 7, 2013 4:11 PM
Jul 2011
Really liked it! This episode shows it's not going to be too serious, but will have great fight scenes, lots of humor and fanservice! Great animation as well! :)
Jan 7, 2013 5:53 PM

Jun 2012
Enjoyed this. I loled when she removed her 'horns' :L
"El Baile de la muerte"
Jan 7, 2013 6:40 PM

Feb 2009
When I saw her horns all I couldn't help but think of is "The Devil King is Bored"

I like Jun like the next fan but enough is enough, I hope the hero's voice would be a little bit different.

So even wars have benefits, which is horrible.

First episode "how to successfully buy a hero?" Just throw a well endowed female on his lap, it is that easy!
Jan 7, 2013 7:20 PM

Nov 2011
I'm in, it's Dark Flame Master with Demon "Flabby Arms." Let the boat ride begin.
Jan 7, 2013 7:26 PM
Jan 2008
dark flame master should've used lelouch voice
Jan 7, 2013 9:10 PM

Feb 2012
This series seems like it'll be interesting but as many have said before it does have a spice and wolf vibe too it but that is one show and this is this so i shall eagerly see how this one works out.
Jan 8, 2013 12:43 AM

Dec 2010
Hero is too similar to generic virgin ecchi anime male leads and the show is ruined by those tits. SaW is one of my fave animes, I was looking forward for this, sadly it is not in that level yet. Curse you producers for all of those bouncing boobs!
I have no signature at the moment. Cute Ika-musume avatar should be more than enough~
Jan 8, 2013 3:15 AM

Nov 2010
Male lead as others have said is extremely generic. The characters from spice and wolf were very different, at least personality wise. I'll stick around for a couple more eps. Nothing concrete yet. 3/5 if I had to rate.
Jan 8, 2013 4:18 AM

Aug 2011
I keep hearing good things about the manga, which is a good sign.

I quite liked the first episode.
Jan 8, 2013 8:06 AM

Dec 2009
I don't know why everyone keeps saying "Drop the fanservice." It clearly isn't the focus and adds a breath of fresh air to show.

I mean, do you really want another generic "Hero teams with demon to save everyone"anime? Because that has been done before plenty of times.

I think the fanservice/comedy is fine as long as they get the message of the show out. That's just how I feel though.
Jan 8, 2013 9:31 AM

Jul 2012
Was worried at first because the animation in screenshots looked like SAO but safe to say it was good especially the environment.
The Male lead is funny lol always pushing her off or saying no instantly. The story doesn't seem like it will be all that deep. The fanservice doesn't bother me , I'm just curious as to where the story will go
Pages (10) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2013

219 by mogneto »»
Sep 18, 7:14 AM

Poll: » Do you think that anime season 2nd will be available in future?

SametTakao - Nov 6, 2023

13 by zazo_Zero_2 »»
Aug 17, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2013

111 by Split_Head_77 »»
May 24, 9:02 PM

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2013

125 by Split_Head_77 »»
May 24, 8:06 PM

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

symbv - Mar 1, 2013

211 by MeguriRapture »»
Mar 6, 12:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.