Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 13, 2012 6:40 PM

Jun 2012
Really cute and entertaining but I'm still not sure where this is heading...
‎"Our everyday lives may, in fact, be a series of miracles." - Nichijou
Oct 13, 2012 6:41 PM

May 2011
ZetaZaku said:
Pretty good episode. JC Staff's doing a great job so far. Hopefully they don't mess up later on.

I have to say, the characters are way more likeable here. I despised Rin and Kamikita at this point in the novel, yet they are better in the anime. Of course, I'm only talking about this part. Masato's scenes were just genius. I think they've done the fights pretty good. The soap choice was hilarious.

Good job JC.

I can't say I had much care for them in the VN, but I didn't hate them. I can say that I am loving the how they are in this anime. I have nothing but praise for J.C. in how they handled this.
Oct 13, 2012 6:41 PM

Feb 2010
Kimikita is a bit of a moe overload. So far the show hasn't bored me, but it also hasn't gotten me involved which other shows managed after 2 episodes. I'll see where this goes though, there have been a few potentially interesting aspects. I just wonder how much the narcolepsy will be overdramaticised.
I probably regret this post by now.
Oct 13, 2012 6:43 PM

Nov 2008
Good episode overall.
Lolimancer said:
ZtarWarrior said:
Masato's Muscle Dance automatically gives this episode a 10/10 from me.

yea it was EPIC

Indeed it was!
Oct 13, 2012 6:47 PM

Jan 2010
I'm confused as hell. The only thing I do know is that the setting interestingly never changes, it's always at school. Didn't read the light novels, but will everything make more sense later? o_O
Oct 13, 2012 6:50 PM

Jun 2011
Good episode. Was fairly entertaining, and made me actually like Komari, lol.

I don't remember the narcolepsy that happened in this episode in the VN... kind of weird, but the anime is at least explaining that Riki has these so the audience isn't surprised later.

I hope there's two seasons, otherwise I'm gonna think everything is rushed... especially because of refrain and all the routes, lol.
Oct 13, 2012 6:50 PM

Sep 2011
ForgiveSins said:
I'm confused as hell. The only thing I do know is that the setting interestingly never changes, it's always at school. Didn't read the light novels, but will everything make more sense later? o_O

Well, we're still at the common route and the whole setting stays at the school until we're at the one of the girl's arc.

Oct 13, 2012 7:00 PM

May 2012
I've never seen Narcolepsy be portrayed as ominously as it was in this episode! That's some serious shit right there! XD Oh, and that part where Kamikita tapped Masato on the knee with the bat..........LMAO!
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Oct 13, 2012 7:01 PM
Jul 2012
Uchihafan25 said:
I've never seen Narcolepsy be portrayed as ominously as it was in this episode! That's some serious shit right there! XD Oh, and that part where Kamikita tapped Masato on the knee with the bat..........LMAO!

you dont understand that shit hurts like a bitch
Oct 13, 2012 7:07 PM

Jul 2008

Other than the ominously shown scene about the "secret of the world" that made me worry we won't get to see the individual routes and we're heading straight to Refrain route this episode was f*cking awesome.

5/5
Oct 13, 2012 7:11 PM
May 2010
WAY better than the first episode. Whereas the first ep was lacking in character depth, merely setting in the intro, this one not only puts in the laughs all the way, it also sets in the traditional Key subtle disturbing aspects that's the 'law of the universe' (in Clannad, it's the Illusionary World, for example). Love the eerie BGM when Riki was talking about his sleep condition.

Also, can I just say how much I love that they manage to tackle down the recruitment of one member in such an organized manner? What troubles me the most for the series is how they would go about the whole "multiple routes" aspect of the VN, which, as players of the game know, has much more significance in Little busters than it does in Clannad (the orbs of lights being emotions were easily explained away). But seeing how they manage to bring the intro to Komari's route to such a smooth entrance, I feel I could just relax myself and enjoy the show. Not a bad adaptation, so far. Can't wait for Refrain.
Oct 13, 2012 7:11 PM

Jun 2011
Masato is the best, couldn't stop laughing at his muscle dance. XD
I also loved how shy Rin was, and Komikita so moe. ^_^
And umm ... what actually was wrong with the panty scene? I only read the first few posts but it seems it made some people upset? Cant understand it at all :/
I'm feeling thank you
Oct 13, 2012 7:13 PM

Sep 2011
alpha69 said:

Other than the ominously shown scene about the "secret of the world" that made me worry we won't get to see the individual routes and we're heading straight to Refrain route this episode was f*cking awesome.

5/5

If you watched the trailer, we're still getting to see the individual arcs.

Oct 13, 2012 7:17 PM
Jul 2012
i hope this anime doesnt just dead the other characters and be all about riki because this show needs moar masato
Oct 13, 2012 7:17 PM

Sep 2011
I actually can stand both Rin and Komari's voices now xD //didn't like them in VN Probably because I also like their characters more than before. Good job, J.C. Staff :D
"Now's the time for you to run towards the day you awaken from this dream."

~Boys be Smile
Oct 13, 2012 7:31 PM

Mar 2011
Good enjoyable episode
I can feel that I'm beginning to feel for the characters
But once again the graphic hurt my eyes a bit and decrease my enjoyment
And that Narcolepsy... something bothers me
Oct 13, 2012 7:36 PM

Nov 2009
Sa-chan_ said:
I feel I left out LOL. What or who is Nagai? XD

Tatsuyuki Nagai, famous for directing Toradora, Anohana, Ano Natsu, etc
http://myanimelist.net/people/8539/Tatsuyuki_Nagai
hope this answers your question >>
Oct 13, 2012 7:38 PM

Sep 2011
MagicFlier said:
Sa-chan_ said:

Ohhh. So Nagai is the one who directed this episode but not the previous one?

Oct 13, 2012 7:51 PM

Jul 2008
Sa-chan_ said:
alpha69 said:

5/5

I've seen that trailer and that what led me to believe that they'll animate all the routes and make use of

The scene made me worry because it looked like this
Then again, it also showed some of Rin1 and Refrain scenes...

Oh well... I'm just a bit worried and still very hopeful we'll get to see MY Kud route in full glory.

In any case.... I wonder if JC Staff is intentionally not showing us Saya and making us instinctively look for her each episode lol. Cuz I sure did in these past 2 eps lol
Oct 13, 2012 7:52 PM

May 2011
MagicFlier said:
Sa-chan_ said:

AND Honey and Clover, Nodame Cantabile, etc.

Seriously, why the heck isn't he the one directing this. The shitsorm would have been much smaller if he was announced for the direction of it.
Oct 13, 2012 7:58 PM
Jul 2012
idk who kud is but that is a funny ass name
Oct 13, 2012 8:04 PM

Jul 2008
JavierR said:

my waifu
http://myanimelist.net/character/4628/Kudryavka_Noumi
it's a nickname
guess it's Kudo read in Japanese lol
Oct 13, 2012 8:04 PM

Jun 2011
JavierR said:

Kudryavka Noumi (Kud), one heroine from the VN
I'm feeling thank you
Oct 13, 2012 8:07 PM

Feb 2008
Rin is too adorable for me to handle.
Oct 13, 2012 8:10 PM
Jul 2012
alpha69 said:
JavierR said:

my waifu
it's a nickname

oh man shes cute but as soon as i read she is bad at english, oh man the engrish is going to burn my ears
Oct 13, 2012 8:15 PM

May 2008
Wow never thought i would be able to find an episode so cute . The visual novel is one thing , but seeing it animated really makes me wanna go AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH cute.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Oct 13, 2012 8:30 PM

Jul 2011
JavierR said:
alpha69 said:
JavierR said:

my waifu
it's a nickname

oh man shes cute but as soon as i read she is bad at english, oh man the engrish is going to burn my ears

Yeah, her Engrish is pretty unbearable.
Oct 13, 2012 8:31 PM

Oct 2011
What the hell is this thing. I'm a huge of Air and I get that cute moe girls are all what Key is about...but do they have to be this annoying. Their voices are so cringe-worthy.
I want to keep watching because I assume it'll get darker and more interesting with time. But the slice of life moments with the helium boosted girls is not doing it for me.

Plus the girl acts like she's 8...fine, you're a young girl. But do we really have to see her underwear. I hate this whole Loli cult in anime. Seems like a big pedo-trap to me.

I'll give it one more episode because I wasn't that much of a fan of the first few episodes of Air and then it became awesome. Maybe it'll be the same for this one...
Oct 13, 2012 8:45 PM
Mar 2010
alpha69 said:
In any case.... I wonder if JC Staff is intentionally not showing us Saya and making us instinctively look for her each episode lol. Cuz I sure did in these past 2 eps lol

How's that going? I'm rather curious as to seeing if/where they put Saya in these two episodes. I've been hearing things about Saya cameos but no real evidence, and it's killing me.
Oct 13, 2012 8:49 PM

Oct 2012
daultimate said:
alpha69 said:

How's that going? I'm rather curious as to seeing if/where they put Saya in these two episodes. I've been hearing things about Saya cameos but no real evidence, and it's killing me.

Not sure if it is saya, but in the first ep when masato and kengo were fighting around 1:24, there was a blonde girl on the left. It might have been sasasegawa sasami's minion though
You were eaten by the eel pie instead
Oct 13, 2012 8:56 PM

Jul 2010
Anime is really only connection I have with Little Busters and while the first episode was kinda uninteresting, I have to say I've given in to the moe that I believe Rin has >.<
Oct 13, 2012 9:13 PM

May 2012
Komari is absolutely adorable!! And so is Rin being shy :p

There's many funny moments so far, but like previous ones, Its all fun and games till Key drops the hammer.
Oct 13, 2012 9:15 PM
Mar 2010
eltonsu999 said:
daultimate said:
alpha69 said:

Not sure if it is saya, but in the first ep when masato and kengo were fighting around 1:24, there was a blonde girl on the left. It might have been sasasegawa sasami's minion though

Yeah, I went back and saw that (actually after reading your post on a previous thread, thanks!). It's truly tough being a Saya fan. And they put her in the trailer too.

After parsing through episode 2, I couldn't find a single trace of anyone remotely looking like Saya.

On-topic: While I didn't really like Komari too much in the VN (strangely enough I'm okay with her seiyuu, too), I've got to say that she looks a lot better in the anime than in the novel. Oh, the moe. But Kurugaya just looks weird, from what I can see in the preview.
Oct 13, 2012 9:21 PM

Sep 2011
alpha69 said:
Sa-chan_ said:
alpha69 said:

5/5

I've seen that trailer and that what led me to believe that they'll animate all the routes and make use of

Oh well... I'm just a bit worried and still very hopeful we'll get to see MY Kud route in full glory.

I won't be spoiled big time because I already played the VN completely. :P

As for the spoiler,
TennoujiOct 13, 2012 9:35 PM

Oct 13, 2012 9:27 PM

Oct 2012
daultimate said:
eltonsu999 said:
daultimate said:
alpha69 said:

Yeah, I went back and saw that (actually after reading your post on a previous thread, thanks!). It's truly tough being a Saya fan. And they put her in the trailer too.

After parsing through episode 2, I couldn't find a single trace of anyone remotely looking like Saya.

On-topic: While I didn't really like Komari too much in the VN (strangely enough I'm okay with her seiyuu, too), I've got to say that she looks a lot better in the anime than in the novel. Oh, the moe. But Kurugaya just looks weird, from what I can see in the preview.

Hehe no problem. Just a thought that popped in my head if you or anyone is bothered to check in ep 2. Maybe she is blended in the background or behind a window. ;)

Also about Kurugaya, maybe its because of that angle but yeah, she looks kinda weird and blocky.
Oct 13, 2012 9:55 PM

Jun 2008
alpha69 said:
Sa-chan_ said:
alpha69 said:

5/5

I hope they include the secret Masato ending too

Oct 13, 2012 9:57 PM
Jul 2012
Random45 said:
JavierR said:
alpha69 said:
JavierR said:

my waifu
it's a nickname

kill me, engrish is one of my anime pet peeves.
Oct 13, 2012 10:08 PM

Oct 2012
JavierR said:
Random45 said:
JavierR said:
alpha69 said:
JavierR said:

my waifu
it's a nickname

lol, I actually found Kud's eengrish quite entertaining and enjoyable :P
Oct 13, 2012 10:23 PM

May 2011
eltonsu999 said:

To not like Kud's engrish is to not like engrish at all. I enjoyed it too, it was cute. :3
Oct 13, 2012 10:31 PM

Nov 2009
kenshin_sama said:
eltonsu999 said:
JavierR said:
Random45 said:
JavierR said:
alpha69 said:
JavierR said:

my waifu
it's a nickname

To not like Kud's engrish is to not like engrish at all. I enjoyed it too, it was cute. :3

Same, i don't mind Kud's engrish at all and it can be seen as one of her charming points XD
Oct 13, 2012 10:50 PM

Jan 2011
Sa-chan_ said:
Now I can't wait to see what will be the arc order. I think it would be by the sequence of introducing the girls.

Komari -> Kurugaya -> ??? -> ??? -> ??? -> (???) -> Rin.

Or they will really start at Rin1.

Rin1 -> Komari -> Kurugaya -> ??? -> ??? -> ??? -> (???) -> Rin2.

It was revealed a few days ago that episodes 3-6 will be:
Oct 13, 2012 11:02 PM

Jun 2012
Okay i can phrase my thoughts better, so here:

I'm watching this episode again, and I'm getting pissed. With the first scene with Komari, when they are all at breakfast and in the conversation with Rin for some reason JC Staff decided that they should play the beginning of a character's theme song and then abruptly end it.

For instance, the part where Riki sees Rin playing with the cats. He sees her and the song "Ring! Ring! Ring!" starts playing as they talk, and then the song cuts to the end and is gone. They are still talking and playing the entire song would fit in this scene fine, but no, thy decide to end it.

It's almost like they think that we identify who is who by a song and so they play it long enough for us to understand then stop it. It's pissing me off. That song (ring ring ring) is beautiful and would fit great during their conversation (at least up until the note appears) but.. oh well.

I never thought JC Staff would screw this part up. If this keeps up it's going to lower my rating by one or two points.. Music is the most important part of any show or movie and getting it wrong can ruin everything.
Oct 13, 2012 11:16 PM

Jul 2008
eltonsu999 said:
daultimate said:
alpha69 said:

Thanks for pointing me to that. I think it really is Saya... at least... Sasami's minion had a green ribbon that one has a pink one (try comparing that ribbon to the other girls in that scene. Hers is definitely MUCH bigger) which Saya has and if you look closely, the eye color is Saya's as welll..... MY FEEELS!

Oct 13, 2012 11:27 PM

May 2010
was alright...... it had it moment here and there but that Dance XD.

also couldnt help but think of when that dude got hit in the knee cap, peter from family guy
HydnlifeOct 13, 2012 11:31 PM
Oct 13, 2012 11:33 PM

Oct 2012
ClannadIsLove said:

I'm watching this episode again, and I'm getting pissed. With the first scene with Komari, when they are all at breakfast and in the conversation with Rin for some reason JC Staff decided that they should play the beginning of a character's theme song and then abruptly end it.

For instance, the part where Riki sees Rin playing with the cats. He sees her and the song "Ring! Ring! Ring!" starts playing as they talk, and then the song cuts to the end and is gone. They are still talking and playing the entire song would fit in this scene fine, but no, thy decide to end it.

It's almost like they think that we identify who is who by a song and so they play it long enough for us to understand then stop it. It's pissing me off. That song (ring ring ring) is beautiful and would fit great during their conversation (at least up until the note appears) but.. oh well.

I never thought JC Staff would screw this part up. If this keeps up it's going to lower my rating by one or two points.. Music is the most important part of any show or movie and getting it wrong can ruin everything.

I think the 1st ep had music which transitioned quite abruptly at times so they are trying to make the transition more smoothly by ending it a bit sooner and then change soundtracks. Rin's scene for example, if they ended it when they showed the letter and then put on "two sugars", it would be quite abrupt like the part when Masato was lit on fire in the first ep. However I think they ended it maybe a bit too early making the section with no sound a bit long. Like you said, it probably would've been better if they stopped it when they noticed the letter but if you remember, the soundtrack gets into a louder and stronger beat so it wouldn't have been that smooth.
IMO I think they improved from the first ep since it felt like it flowed better but I can see that it still needs improvement.
Oct 13, 2012 11:45 PM

Jul 2011
ClannadIsLove said:

Yeah, that's one of the only things I really don't like so far. They are doing an awful job with the usage of the Soundtrack.
Oct 13, 2012 11:50 PM

Jul 2011
dizzyworld2 said:
Sa-chan_ said:
Now I can't wait to see what will be the arc order. I think it would be by the sequence of introducing the girls.

Komari -> Kurugaya -> ??? -> ??? -> ??? -> (???) -> Rin.

Or they will really start at Rin1.

Rin1 -> Komari -> Kurugaya -> ??? -> ??? -> ??? -> (???) -> Rin2.

It was revealed a few days ago that episodes 3-6 will be:

Really?

Oct 13, 2012 11:54 PM
May 2012
Wow! riki has supernatural powers!xd!
this episode was a little better the last one! the first episode jokes lacked impact!
this episode has covered it!
I guess nothing can beat a key anime!
Oct 13, 2012 11:58 PM
May 2012
Random45 said:
ClannadIsLove said:

Yeah, that's one of the only things I really don't like so far. They are doing an awful job with the usage of the Soundtrack.

I agree with you a little bit! the sound tracks are not good as the vn!
unlike the other key animations this has yet to have a unique bgm!without that this anime will be less touching!well its only the 2nd episode!
Oct 14, 2012 12:00 AM

Aug 2008
Is this going to be a harem route? I haven't played LB! nor have I read much on it either... I avoid spoilers if I can help it in most cases. Like, I'm not too sure if this is going to be like how KyoAny did it with most of Key's games... they turned the routes into resolved arcs fitting into a single continuum, a main story being followed to the end. It doesn't look like it in this anime...

Well, so far so good anyway.
GenixOct 14, 2012 12:04 AM
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Why should i watch it?

ilayia - Aug 17

8 by YordaTrico »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 27, 2012

323 by nhkam »»
Jul 30, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 20, 2012

291 by RGreatDanton »»
Jul 14, 11:04 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 6, 2012

761 by RGreatDanton »»
Jul 14, 6:40 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Nov 10, 2012

396 by eblf2013 »»
May 4, 9:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.