Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 12, 2012 11:29 AM

Oct 2011
Des said:
I hate sore losers, they'll always say you're cheating jsut becaus they suck :P
Funny first ep.
But I expect that it'll become quite exciting/interesting, the end of this ep made me really curious about what will happen.
"Whoes eyes are those". Where have I heard that before? 11 Eyes?
The op was nice, the ed was ok.

It's a famous quote from Chaos;Head.

Oct 12, 2012 11:37 AM

Jan 2012
1. Steain;gate is much better.
2. Production IG is one big mistake.
3. Who's eyes... Who's eyes... It's better to be Mayushi's eyes!!!
Oct 12, 2012 11:45 AM

May 2010
Kinda of a boring 1st episode but will stick with it for a few till the plot show up.
Oct 12, 2012 11:53 AM

May 2012
Love how everyone is judging the whole anime already after only one episode. Good or bad.
Oct 12, 2012 12:14 PM

Jul 2012
Des said:
I hate sore losers, they'll always say you're cheating jsut becaus they suck :P
Funny first ep.
But I expect that it'll become quite exciting/interesting, the end of this ep made me really curious about what will happen.
"Whoes eyes are those". Where have I heard that before? 11 Eyes?
The op was nice, the ed was ok.

HECK ya and he was the creator of the game LMAO what a noob
But anyways people say this is the next stein;gate but i dont think so I think
its a new anime entirely with a different feel,yes they both are made by the same people but its not going to be the same I think they wanted to make a completely different anime from their past ones
Oct 12, 2012 12:15 PM

Jan 2012
Hmm a rather slow opener :? The story plot seems great but I don’t think it holds enough potential to competitive with Steins;Gate !!
anyhow I just hope it doesn't screw up like Chaos;Head
Oct 12, 2012 12:38 PM

May 2012
below average
uninteresting and annoying characters
this might be as bad as chaos;head, or even worse
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Oct 12, 2012 12:57 PM

Mar 2012
That last bit freaked me out :O And I reaaaaaaaaaally hope we get some Okabe+Kurisu cameos in this XD that'd be amazing
Oct 12, 2012 1:17 PM
May 2012
slow start blabla,
chaos head reference blabla,
nothing much left to say, i knew i wouldn't gain anything from watching only the first episode so i wanted to wait till all of them aired but my boredom told me otherwise. now,...fukou da! 6/10, as expected the hype was just a delusion
Oct 12, 2012 1:20 PM

Aug 2011
I liked it. The OP and ED were good, but definitely didn't beat Steins;Gate.

The first episode was nice, it's a bit slow though. That's fine with me, it's not like I'm expecting all the action in the first episode itself. I think I'll really like this.

Chaos;Head reference at the end? "Whose eyes are those?" XD
Oct 12, 2012 1:42 PM

Apr 2012
A little different then what i expected, but it wasn't anything bad at all. Definitely seems a little over hyped due to Steins; Gate, but we will see how it turns out. Seems like it is just going to be another school club anime with a sci-fi twist.
Oct 12, 2012 2:05 PM

Jul 2010
Well, Akiho is pretty energetic and Kaito was pretty cool too. I wonder what members they will be recruiting!

Oct 12, 2012 2:14 PM

Jun 2010
Not that fond of the first episode. At least the male protagonist isn't annoying like the one from Chaos;Head.

Steins;Gate had a boring premise, but later it turned all good. I wonder if this will be the case with Robotic;Notes.

...I hope.
Oct 12, 2012 2:20 PM

Jun 2012
Interesting enough, though I'm not sure how this is going to be much more than a school slice of life anime so far.
‎"Our everyday lives may, in fact, be a series of miracles." - Nichijou
Oct 12, 2012 2:37 PM

Jun 2008
People that thinks that this is going to be a "slice-of-life" anime doesn't know how Nitro+ works.

Remember Madoka, steins;gate? yeah, slice of life indeed.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Oct 12, 2012 2:52 PM
Mar 2012
Slow start, but still interesting to see where this goes.
I heard some stuff about the vn and the connections between the 3 vn's. I'll probably just wait until it ends then marathon it.
Oct 12, 2012 2:54 PM

Jul 2012
The only thing that make me dont drop this anime in the first episode is that i think this anime will change midway to something epic.

"Sono me, dare no me" LOL
Oct 12, 2012 3:09 PM

Jan 2012
Hm. That was fairly interesting.
Oct 12, 2012 3:11 PM

Mar 2012
That was not good.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Oct 12, 2012 3:12 PM

Sep 2012
This series is starting off slow, but if it's gonna be like Steins;Gate that's to be expected. Gonna have to be patient with it, but it should pick up and be amazing.

Lol the ED was all about a girl that hasn't been introduced yet
A match made in heaven set the fires in hell
Oct 12, 2012 3:14 PM

Jun 2008
Post-Moe said:
That was not good.

That's what people said when Steins;Gate first aired.

This is how most Nitro+ story works. Starts out fluffy and innocent and then hit you hard in the guts.

Oct 12, 2012 3:18 PM

Mar 2012
Hmm. Seems interesting. I hope it gets better and better
Oct 12, 2012 3:25 PM

Mar 2012
kaimax said:
Post-Moe said:
That was not good.

This is how most Nitro+ story works. Starts out fluffy and innocent and then hit you hard in the guts.

Steins;Gate was the first show I ever watched, so I can't accurately say how I would feel about it now, but I didn't find the start boring. Slow yes, but boring and unenjoyable, no. This episode was just criminally uninteresting, I couldn't even sit through the whole thing. I won't be able to appreciate the later "mindfucks" if I end up skipping half of every episode early on, haha. Oh well, I'll just drop it and consider picking it back up if people rave about it later on.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Oct 12, 2012 3:35 PM

May 2008
kaimax said:
Post-Moe said:
That was not good.

5pb/mages you mean right? xD
Nitroplus mostly acts as the publisher for the “science adventure series”...
Oh and, compared to the real Nitroplus stuff, these stories are like peanuts ;)
Muramasa anyone? xD
Oct 12, 2012 3:47 PM

Mar 2010
Promising.
Oct 12, 2012 3:59 PM

Jul 2012
Robotic;Notes.... An intriguing anime. The first episode was quite great. Good opening and ending. The plot was introduced early and the conquest begins. There's nothing better than some good ol' robot fighting. This is definitely better than that Gyozetter crap.... I'm looking forward to this.
Oct 12, 2012 4:11 PM

Jan 2012
ordinary start... lets see how long that would last.
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Oct 12, 2012 4:39 PM

Sep 2012
A slow start I guess. I want that costume changing app, Lol.
Story might develop later on.
Oct 12, 2012 4:43 PM

Jul 2011
Has not happened practically nothing in this first episode, however, seems to be a nice series.
Oct 12, 2012 4:50 PM

Aug 2011
Nothing happened yet.

Main girl is kind of annoying.

Waiting for further developments.
Oct 12, 2012 5:03 PM

Oct 2010
I am currently on marathon so I have very little time. Let’s start by saying I really am going to like this series. It once again integrated Chaos Head universes and Stein Gate ones. Having known both it makes the series far much better for me. So follows a key of my post if I ever complete by finishing some late things to watch.

About Akiho Senomiya, I really like her a lot in the following,

For mainly looking sexy with that pose. But did you know with all the poses of the spoiler
IMO she was referencing him:
http://myanimelist.net/character/35258/Itaru_Hashida
And I do think it was the case big time. Hence the reference back to Steins Gate. Akiho made me think of the following combinations:
http://myanimelist.net/character/24417/Popura_Taneshima
http://myanimelist.net/character/2530/Makoto_Konno
Having traits of both girls IMO.

Despite being a great character I am looking for is the following,

Which I think is her:
http://myanimelist.net/character/60157/Frau_Koujiro
Whom looks really cool! I want to see her and she did log into the game Kill-Ballad that Yashio was playing.

Furthermore the end with her in the spoiler
despite knowing who she is I cannot shake off the reference to Rimi:
http://myanimelist.net/character/12801/Rimi_Sakihata
Especially since she said “Those Eyes Whose Eyes Are Those?” Fact 2! Rimi is the only one who had feathers in Chaos Head to reference to her. WTF O_O Total Cold Chill in the Spinal Cord man! The end is freaky. With reference to Chaos Head and Steins Gate we might have a insane among of mind-screw.

About the ED, I really liked because it featured a lot of her:
http://myanimelist.net/character/60161/Airi
In the spoiler
whom with no credits, shots of her are quit astonishing hence I share mines. Not only in beauty but sceneries too. No doubt it’s breathtaking. A 10 worth easy.

I have to give this series a 10/10 to start. It impressed me a lot with its 3 Universes reference. There goes my 30 minutes. I shall leave it at that and edit it later if possible.

BTWMy notes for fun of terms:
Thunder Emperor
PokeCom
Kai
Gunvarrel
Yashio Kaito
Central Tanegashima High School
Mitchie aka Mitsuhiko Nagafukada
Stingooma
Kill-Ballad aka Mecha Game
Power Suit Company Exoskeleton aka company makes also cars and PokeComs
Mizuka Irei

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Oct 12, 2012 5:05 PM

Jun 2009
kaimax said:

Which one besides Steins;Gate?
Oct 12, 2012 5:21 PM

Jun 2008
stillawake said:
kaimax said:

Which one besides Steins;Gate?

Oh wait, make that "some".. lol
Sumaga was kinda fluffly at start, and Axanael was too.

So basically, people need to be fucking patient.

Arbel said:
5pb/mages you mean right? xD

Oh yeah, forgot about that.

Oct 12, 2012 5:27 PM

Aug 2008
last line: best line.
Oct 12, 2012 5:29 PM
Jul 2012
Currently, this anime has me pumped for when they enter the tournament! I now wished I had a tablet so I could play games that are just as good as the one the MC was playing. I'm a gamer, a complete, udder gamer of 75% skill, 20% agression, & 5% crap. Well, hope this anime's mecha action won't let me down. I really wish in our time we had more mechas, Japan has just finished their 1st one(NOT THE GUNDAM, ONE THAT YOU CAN BUY, AND CONTROL).
Oct 12, 2012 5:44 PM

Jun 2011
Really boring first episode. Although it had some references to both Chaos;head and steins;gate I do hope it's at least somewhat significant...
Oct 12, 2012 5:50 PM
Dec 2008
Sakura_jp said:
Robotics;Notes is quite different from Steins;Gate so I think it would be best if you are not expecting it to be another Steins;Gate.

This. I'm glad there's a S;G movie coming up though ;)

Anyway, I can't say much about this first episode. It looks like a normal school type anime but the end reminded me it is in S;G and C;H universe.
Oct 12, 2012 5:57 PM

Mar 2012
I want an app like that.

Anyway looks pretty good and nice references
The numbers at the beginning are a reference to SG, and the quote is from CH.
Oct 12, 2012 6:40 PM
Sep 2009
Eh... not bad but not really a grabbing start either. Seems like this will be lighter and fluffier than its predecessors; that is all I really got out of this episode, that and Akiho likes the super-robot way to much.

That last line... I really didn't want to be reminded of the steaming pile which is Chaos;Head.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
Oct 12, 2012 6:52 PM

Jan 2010
Kinda slow. Not really feeling it. Didn't really catch me on the first ep like S;G did but I'm hoping it'll pick up after a few.
Oct 12, 2012 7:00 PM

May 2011
I liked it because it makes me feel a bit nostalgic. A reminder of shows I use to watch and how intensely they could grab me. How great it is to have a passion that a person could follow on so intensely. Ah, the Jiro Dreams of Sushi feelings are with me.
Oct 12, 2012 7:12 PM

Sep 2009
kaimax said:
So basically, people need to be fucking patient.
This. If something amazing doesn't happen in the first episode then people start calling it a bad show. I've seen enough anime to know if something is obviously bad (though I still watch some of them anyways) and this is not one of them...at least so far.
Oct 12, 2012 7:28 PM

Aug 2011
Played the VN, the first bit is pretty fucking slow and the autism(Akiho) is really strong in this... even stronger than in S;G.
I think the first bit will suck, but the second half can be good. this is how the VN played out for me.
Oct 12, 2012 7:29 PM

Aug 2009
Stop judging anime based on first episode
Oct 12, 2012 7:37 PM

Oct 2011
AMAZING
Just like the rest I love it!
"sonp me dare no me?" OMG that phrase!
Avato-chanOct 12, 2012 7:40 PM
Oct 12, 2012 7:52 PM

Nov 2009
A bit slow, but I enjoyed it.

What "Adolescence" do you have?
Do you remember "Childhood"?
The irreplaceable one existed there.

Oct 12, 2012 8:00 PM

Apr 2011
Very slow but I did enjoy it.
Oct 12, 2012 8:18 PM

Apr 2012
It's kinda slow. Does raise some questions though. We'll just have to see how it turns out.
"The moment 'pride' is lost, 'freedom' is also lost" - Ramza Beoulve, Final Fantasy Tactics

Oct 12, 2012 8:26 PM

Mar 2012
Nice little references to Steins;Gate and Chaos;Head but beyond that, not much to say about this episode really.
Oct 12, 2012 9:34 PM

Mar 2012
This was a rather enjoyable introductory episode, but ultimately quite average in it's execution. It was a bit slow paced and only slightly interesting, but as it largely served to introduce the characters and establish the setting, it's not a significant criticism yet. The lighthearted atmosphere was handled well throughout, but I expect that tone to change a bit as the story progresses and the nature of the world is fully developed.

The premise is intriguing, but, for the moment, a bit thin, due to the lack of complexity in the immediate narrative. So far, the story revolves around the necessity for the completion of a working robot, so that Akiho and Kaito can avoid the imminent threat of their club being disbanded. Of course, the plot will likely evolve into something much more elaborate and engaging. I really liked how, at the beginning, the divergence number was shown, and that it indicates the current world line is the same found in Steins;Gate's true end. The final scene was somewhat jarring, as it seemed a bit too contrived in it's nature and the manner with which it acted as some sort of vague, mysterious cliffhanger.

Akiho, so far, is the best character. It certainly helps that she's quite capable and that her enthusiastic personality isn't nearly as tiresome as I initially expected. Comparatively, Kaito's consistent lack of emotion was occasionally annoying, but largely inoffensive, resulting in a character that's moderately likable, but not overwhelmingly so.

The production values are inconsistent in quality. The direction is definitely the weakest element, since, for the most part, the scene composition and framing lacked any sort of creativity or visual flair. On the other hand, the animation was surprisingly impressive, and, though occasionally bland and unspectacular, the character designs are fairly good. Musically, I thought the OP was good, but the ED was mediocre. Neither are really visually appealing.

All in all, Robotics;Notes is enjoyable, but somewhat disappointing. I expect it to improve though, since it's premise has quite a bit of potential. Hopefully, in time, the continued developments and narrative progress will lead to something more compelling.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

symbv - Mar 21, 2013

340 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Jul 7, 11:18 PM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

217 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Jul 7, 10:47 PM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

192 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Jul 7, 10:19 PM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2013

208 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Jul 7, 9:56 PM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

123 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Jul 7, 9:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.