Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 28, 2012 7:08 AM
May 2012
Out of Air, Kanon, Clannad, Clannad After Story, Angel Beats and Melacholny of Haruhi Suzumiya which do you think is the weakest adaption made by KyoAni? (Key did the Visual Novels)

Please don't flame (i.e Air because it was s***)

If you could point out the flaws in each anime that would be better.

I personally think all of them are fantastic but I will probably go with Angel Beats because it seemed unfinished to me.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 28, 2012 7:12 AM

Dec 2011
All of them had noticeable flaws,i.e. Haruhi (Endless Eight,god knows what the hell they were smoking when they decided to do those),Clannad After Story (ending was rushed,really rushed.),Angel Beats (ending seemed rushed too,and a few stuff weren't explained,like what happened to the other characters,existence of God in the anime,etc.). Haven't watched Air or Kanon,planning to though. I'm not an expert on this,just my honest opinions. Please correct me where I'm wrong. And why so few KyoAni anime?
spinecollectJul 28, 2012 7:17 AM

Jul 28, 2012 7:16 AM

Nov 2011
I'll have to say Angel Beats because I thought it was boring, and the story was uninteresting. Nothing that happened in that setting mattered at all and I couldn't finish it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Jul 28, 2012 7:20 AM
Mar 2012
angel beats! was created by P.A.Works actually...^^
Jul 28, 2012 7:23 AM

Dec 2011
KingofConquerors said:

Shit,how can i forget about this? QFT.

Jul 28, 2012 7:23 AM

Dec 2009
KingofConquerors said:

And Haruhi isn't a key adaptation. Unless I'm strongly mistaken.
Jul 28, 2012 7:25 AM
May 2012
Sir_Lexa said:
KingofConquerors said:

And Haruhi isn't a key adaptation. Unless I'm strongly mistaken.

That's why I said KyoAni. Key did the visual novels for Air, Kanon and Clannad and also Little Busters which is on the way to being an anime.
Jul 28, 2012 7:25 AM
Mar 2011
All of are week in the same way art style
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Jul 28, 2012 7:36 AM

Jan 2011
If I'm to answer OP's question...

Munto. Just Munto. And it was pretty and somewhat awesome too.

Endless Eight shows a sneak peek of Yuki's view. Although my view of this sneak peek is public. I haven't watched Hyouka yet but I think it will be good stuff.

「みんながいるからだ。」 - 棗鈴
Jul 28, 2012 7:47 AM

Apr 2012
Angel Beats.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Jul 28, 2012 8:18 AM
Jul 2018
Enjolras1830 said:

You continue to wonder why you're such a joke around here? How you continue to post such noobish ignorance when you've seen 10x more anime than I have makes me lol.

Jul 28, 2012 8:20 AM
Mar 2011
deadleeserious said:
Enjolras1830 said:

You continue to wonder why you're such a joke around here? How you continue to post such noobish ignorance when you've seen 10x more anime than I have makes me lol.

there are the leaders of the moe boom imo
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Jul 28, 2012 8:23 AM
Jul 2018
Well of course they are. But all moe art doesn't neccessarily look alike. Let's have a look at another example:

Jul 28, 2012 8:24 AM

Feb 2012
Enjolras1830 said:
deadleeserious said:
Enjolras1830 said:

So because they're the 'leaders' of the moe boom they're weak?

KyoAni's art style changes almost significantly between franchises ( Except franchises from Key )

Jul 28, 2012 8:25 AM
Jul 2018
Yvese said:
Enjolras1830 said:
deadleeserious said:
Enjolras1830 said:

I give him 30 seconds until he goes off on a tangent about TV ratings to avoid answering the question
Jul 28, 2012 8:25 AM

Jun 2012
Air was terrible, only one i didnt like.
Jul 28, 2012 8:26 AM
Mar 2011
Yvese said:
Enjolras1830 said:
deadleeserious said:
Enjolras1830 said:

#
in art style yes

whle there animation is very good there art style is not

Jul 28, 2012 8:31 AM
Jul 2018
But as my pictures have proved, Kyoani don't have one art style. So if you're gonna critic anything, it should be the art of the light novels and mangas they adapt.
Jul 28, 2012 8:34 AM

Jul 2012
Air felt weak, didn't leave much of an inpact on me. So I'd go for air.
Saving up money for Cosplay.~
Jul 28, 2012 8:39 AM
Mar 2011
it possibe to to Change art style pf sorce and still be Liked Kanon 06 for example

Jul 28, 2012 8:42 AM
Jul 2018
Enjolras1830 said:
it possibe to to Change art style pf sorce and still be Liked Kanon 06 for example

The art style is hardly changed. Improved (i.e. more detailed with an animes budget) yes, changed no.

Just realised I didn't answer the thread question:

Weakest for me would be Air and Hyouka. Endless Eight too but otherwise Haruhi is my fav Kyoani series.
removed-userJul 28, 2012 8:47 AM
Jul 28, 2012 8:52 AM
Mar 2011
deadleeserious said:
Enjolras1830 said:

The art style is hardly changed. Improved (i.e. more detailed with an animes budget) yes, changed no.

Weakest for me would be Air and Hyouka. Endless Eight too but otherwise Haruhi is my fav Kyoani series.

hey i liked E8

and if its not the same as the games art style its Changed dress it up hpw you want a Change is a Change p[ That Black and white]

Jul 28, 2012 8:57 AM

Feb 2012
To answer the OP's question:

Air is the weakest to me. I felt it was too short for me to get emotionally attached to the characters like Kanon and Clannad. I felt almost nothing when it ended.

deadleeserious said:
But as my pictures have proved, Kyoani don't have one art style. So if you're gonna critic anything, it should be the art of the light novels and mangas they adapt.
Exactly!
Jul 28, 2012 9:00 AM
Jul 2018
Enjolras1830 said:
deadleeserious said:
Enjolras1830 said:

hey i liked E8

and if its not the same as the games art style its Changed dress it up hpw you want a Change is a Change p[ That Black and white]

You liked E8 despite it adapting one chapter of the novel into 8 needless episodes? What happened to "Source is King."

Also a few minor differences does not mean the art style changed. It's just what happens when you adapt one medium to another. 2006 Kanon looks like the VN, only alot better.
Jul 28, 2012 9:10 AM

Jun 2010
Foxley88 said:
Out of Air, Kanon, Clannad, Clannad After Story, Angel Beats and Melacholny of Haruhi Suzumiya which do you think is the weakest adaption made by KyoAni? (Key did the Visual Novels)

Please don't flame (i.e Air because it was s***)

If you could point out the flaws in each anime that would be better.

I personally think all of them are fantastic but I will probably go with Angel Beats because it seemed unfinished to me.

I should clarify things first to you that Haruhi isn't a Key adaptation, it's an adaptation from Nagaru Tanigawa's light novel. :)

As for the KyoAni's Key adaptation, I generally agree with Sicchan. Angel Beats melodrama just doesn't feel quite right with many unexplained characters' backstory. To answer your question regardless of the anime studio that adapted Key's work, Angel Beats is considerably the "weakest". But if that's KyoAni weakest anime that you ask, I'd say it is Haruhi's second season, the reason is mainly because of the Endless Eight episodes.

Enjolras1830 said:

Jul 28, 2012 9:13 AM

Jun 2012
can someone explain to me what the endless eight is?
Jul 28, 2012 10:04 AM

Dec 2010
Air the ending was a bit on the shit side.
Jul 28, 2012 10:09 AM

Jun 2009
Shuhan said:
It is in the second season of the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.

To answer the topic: I actually cannot answer this, short of Haruhi Suzumiya I did not enjoy any of the others ones. Angels Beats was good. Air was meh. I do not think I could watch either Kanon or Clannad.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Jul 28, 2012 10:17 AM

Aug 2010
Probably Keion.
Jul 28, 2012 10:19 AM

Mar 2011
Air was terrible.
Jul 28, 2012 10:22 AM

Jun 2009
XxPOKxX said:
Air the ending was a bit on the shit side.

Pretty sure Air's ending was one of the more notable parts of the series. Though it would have had much more impact if the characters were sufficiently developed.

Anyway, Air is my choice. Without a doubt.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 28, 2012 10:29 AM

Oct 2010
Air and Lucky Star are probably the weakest KyoAni anime I've watched (not that I've watched that many of them).

Air:

Lucky Star:
Jul 28, 2012 10:38 AM

Oct 2011
Not being fan of KyoAni at all (or any other studio except TYO) - they do great movies, both Haruhi and k-On were very nice
series are different matter, weakest for me are

Lucky Star - didn't finish so maybe it changes but Haruhi references, well it was a bit too much of those for my taste. Plus as much as I like series about nothing, this didn't had appealing characters (not studio fault but it goes for series).

Haruhi - first season was quite nice but also E8 o.O like if it would take 4 episodes it would be fine but this time they went to far (AFAIR it had like 30 pages in novel). Still other parts of novels are harder to make so maybe they went just with some fillers?

Air - this one I saw long time ago but I remember one thing: it had very nice "central theme" but after some introduction episodes there were other arcs (I suppose) - about some girl on a roof and there was one other... my feeling, that I can recall even now, was WTF is this?! it would be way better if they stick up with main route/theme/whatever

I could say also about Hyouka but this is still in progress so it may turn good even.
Jul 28, 2012 10:41 AM

Nov 2009
I didnt like Air at all, the first half was ok but the second half devolved into what I felt was nonsense.

Behind that and not by much is K-ON, I simply didnt like the first season and most of the second at all. The movie saved it though in my opinion.
Jul 28, 2012 10:44 AM
Mar 2011
deadleeserious said:
Enjolras1830 said:
deadleeserious said:
Enjolras1830 said:

hey i liked E8

You liked E8 despite it adapting one chapter of the novel into 8 needless episodes? What happened to "Source is King."

Also a few minor differences does not mean the art style changed. It's just what happens when you adapt one medium to another. 2006 Kanon looks like the VN, only alot better.

its called Endless 8 they Just Played off the number yes they extended it but at lest s2 was in decert proper order at first brord cast unlike s1 wiich i hate cause its out of order even on the DVDs its out of orfer i hate that

Jul 28, 2012 10:46 AM

Oct 2010
Enjolras1830 said:
deadleeserious said:
Enjolras1830 said:
deadleeserious said:
Enjolras1830 said:

hey i liked E8

its called Endless 8 they Just Played off the number yes they extended it but at lest s2 was in decert proper order at first brord cast unlike s1 wiich i hate cause its out of order even on the DVDs its out of orfer i hate that

You could always watch S1 in chronological order if you don't like non-linear stories...
Jul 28, 2012 10:47 AM

Feb 2010
I'm inclined to say Nichijou but I dropped that before I got too far. Air was rather meh to me but at least the ending was fantastic compared to what Kanon (2006) and Clannad After Story dealt us.

The weakest KyoAni anime would have to be Haruhi '09. Call it Kodansha's fault or whatever but even the most stalwart fans of the series would be hard-pressed to not be offended by Endless Eight.
Jul 28, 2012 10:48 AM
Mar 2011
deadleeserious said:
Enjolras1830 said:
deadleeserious said:
Enjolras1830 said:

hey i liked E8

02 Copes the art style of the Game more closely have you have pllyed Kanon

Jul 28, 2012 11:02 AM

Feb 2008
Without a single doubt Munto TV is the worst anime that Kyoani has produced. I mean seriously, it turned from a slice of life romance to a fantasy setting that didn't make sense at all, with magic circles and explosions everywhere.

Jul 28, 2012 11:06 AM

Nov 2010
allthough one of my favs, angel beats! well you all know why haha (it needed more eps so they could tell all the story's and stuff)

and air was the least enjoyable of the bunch for me (still a good show though but not as good as the others)

and yes endless 8 where boring
Jul 28, 2012 11:15 AM

Feb 2012
kickthebucket said:
allthough one of my favs, angel beats! well you all know why haha (it needed more eps so they could tell all the story's and stuff)

and air was the least enjoyable of the bunch for me (still a good show though but not as good as the others)

KyoAni didn't make Angel Beats ><
Jul 28, 2012 11:16 AM
Sep 2009
Kanon > Suzumiya > Clannad > FMP TSR > Nichijou > K-ON
Jul 28, 2012 11:33 AM
Jul 2018
Enjolras1830 said:

02 Copes the art style of the Game more closely have you have pllyed Kanon

Copying it exactly isn't neccessarily better. Kanon 2002 looks horrible, while 2006 is one of the prettiest anime out there. Besides, just because the 2002 is closer, doesn't mean the 2006 one is so radically different that it's in a totally different art style...because it isn't. It's certainly nowhere near as heavily altered as the Higurashi anime compared to the un-patched VN.
Jul 28, 2012 11:35 AM
May 2012
Yvese said:
kickthebucket said:

Are you SURE KyoAni didn't make Angel Beats??
Jul 28, 2012 11:36 AM
Jul 2018
Foxley88 said:

Angel Beats was animated by P.A. Works. It's not even made by "Key" either, just one of their writers.
Jul 28, 2012 11:37 AM

Feb 2012
Foxley88 said:
Yvese said:
kickthebucket said:

As a KyoAni fanboy, yes, I'm pretty sure.

P.A works was the studio that made Angel Beats. I think people are confusing Key with KyoAni which is understandable given the fact that KyoAni adapted Air, Kanon, and Clannad.

EDIT: Beaten to it :P
Jul 28, 2012 11:39 AM

Nov 2009
Foxley88 said:
Yvese said:
kickthebucket said:

It's P.A Works that made Angel Beats. Just Jun Maeda from Key's staff that wrote it.

*Edit* Jesus we all jumped on him like a pack of wolves XD
Jul 28, 2012 11:46 AM

Jun 2012
Suzune-chan said:
Shuhan said:
It is in the second season of the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.

To answer the topic: I actually cannot answer this, short of Haruhi Suzumiya I did not enjoy any of the others ones. Angels Beats was good. Air was meh. I do not think I could watch either Kanon or Clannad.

ActualGLoRY said:
Shuhan said:

Kyoto Animation took the same episode and reanimated it 8 times in a row.

Ah i see, thanks guys.
Jul 28, 2012 1:24 PM

Nov 2011
deadleeserious said:
Enjolras1830 said:

I genuinely wonder this too. Most people get over the elitist phase of"X anime is the best thing ever and nothing you tell me will change my mind otherwise," after watching a dozen or so series.

As for the topic,
Haruhi 1 was gloriously animated but I wasn't too crazy about the changes to the face that they made in Haruhi 2 and onward.
AzureBluesJul 28, 2012 1:50 PM
Jul 28, 2012 1:42 PM
Apr 2008
Clannad. This series is just another stereotypical tear-jerking harem marketed as something exceptional. There was really no coherent storyline or underlying theme, besides which female character the male protagonist eventually ended up with.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» This is a serious question. So answer seriously...

LenRea - 4 minutes ago

0 by LenRea »»
4 minutes ago

» Exploring Taste Shaming

-Indra - 5 hours ago

22 by PostMahouShoujo »»
5 minutes ago

» Is flowing hair animation just poor man's gainaxing?

Catalano - 6 hours ago

8 by Stygian_Prisoner »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » what is your stance on "i don't wanna watch that anime, the art style sucks" ? ( 1 2 )

ame - Yesterday

70 by Akuya »»
6 minutes ago

» the race to WcDonald's ep 1 and the rest not added?

Berry-Vodka - Yesterday

7 by animegamer245 »»
7 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.