Forum Settings
Forums
New
Under what conditions would you hit a girl (non-life-threatning situations)
A physical fight
21.0%
Caught her cheating
6.4%
I'm a complete Dick and abuse girls physically
7.5%
To show who's the MAN
8.8%
Never, I'm a true gentleman
56.2%
770 votes
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (15) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 »
Jul 16, 2011 6:42 PM

Jan 2011
The question is not "would you ever hit a girl", but "would you ever hit someone". If i'd hit a guy because he stole my pen, why shouldn't i hit a girl? If i wouldn't lift a finger even when a guy is hitting me, why would i fight back if it's a girl?

If i think the best option is to hit someone, i would hit them. It's usually not the best option when someone stole something, cheated on you, is talking shit or whatever, usually not even when someone is hitting you, but *if* (i think that) it is the best option, i'd hit him/her.
Jul 16, 2011 11:36 PM

Apr 2007
NwAurion said:
The question is not "would you ever hit a girl", but "would you ever hit someone". If i'd hit a guy because he stole my pen, why shouldn't i hit a girl? If i wouldn't lift a finger even when a guy is hitting me, why would i fight back if it's a girl?

If i think the best option is to hit someone, i would hit them. It's usually not the best option when someone stole something, cheated on you, is talking shit or whatever, usually not even when someone is hitting you, but *if* (i think that) it is the best option, i'd hit him/her.

My thoughts exactly. These "unwritten" rules are kind of silly and archaic imo.
Jul 17, 2011 1:05 AM
Oct 2008
A slap behind the head do for me that's about it and out I go
Jul 17, 2011 5:02 AM

Apr 2009
everytime I see this topic ı want to cry YESSSS!!!!!
Jul 17, 2011 5:20 AM

Feb 2009
No way to win this comment.

A 'REAL' man doesn't hit females.

But a REAL feminist would insist on equality and likely would be angry if you treated her as special.

The real fun questions are what would a transgendered person do? Is it ok for men who are wimps and thus not real men? Should you really beat the tar out of a feminist out of respect?
While not technically anime, currently I am a big fan of Hatsune Miku.
At least I can go see her in concert.
Jul 17, 2011 7:59 AM

Aug 2009
Wow theres a lot of guys who would hit a girl here... Thats sad.
Jul 18, 2011 12:37 PM
Jul 2011
Of course not. Real gentlemans don't hit girls.
Jul 18, 2011 12:47 PM

Jul 2011
No, I would never hit a girl.. I wouldn't even hurt another guy, animal, baby or anyone. I hate fights and it should always be avoided.
Of course I would be mad if a girl ever slapped me, and I would feel the urge to hit her back, but I would do anything to restrain myself from doing so.
One thing though is that I hate girls who take this as an advantage, thinking that it's okay to hit guys because it's 'forbidden' to hit them back. Makes me think about the whole Rihanna/Chris brown accident. Everyone was bitchin' about Chris beating "the shit out of her", even though she was the one who started the whole fight.
Jul 18, 2011 12:54 PM

Jul 2011
xxCLouDd said:
Wow theres a lot of guys who would hit a girl here... Thats sad.

There's also people who believe it's still the 1930's and women should be held on a pedestal.

While I don't encourage violence towards women nor men, if someone were to charge at me I'll do whatever I can in the name of self defense. Differing situations require differing responses after all

The poll muddles up the general consensus anyway, in general many would put "If the situation called for it.", but alas, that's not an option.
Jul 18, 2011 4:27 PM
Aug 2010
Wow, it's been almost a year since I created this thread, I never imagined it would get so many responses.

There are so many comments that are so bad it almost makes me regret making this thread.

Oh well, there is the occasional post that is actually worth reading.
Jul 18, 2011 9:35 PM

Mar 2008
Women need discipline too, no?
Jul 18, 2011 9:41 PM
Mar 2011
If a girl were being a total bitch, why the hell not? Why follow a paradigm of society that is baseless and sexist?

Aug 24, 2011 11:35 PM

Jan 2010
MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR
Aug 24, 2011 11:47 PM

Feb 2008
tembikai said:
MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR
you had to fucking necrobump this shit up didn't you?
Aug 25, 2011 1:38 PM

Jul 2011
I'm not a feminist or whatever, and it's not fair that us dudes cant hit girls without a bunch of talk about it, but I guess its a way to balance out the fact that if a dude sleeps with a bunch of girls hes a player while a girl sleeping with a bunch of guys is called a slut.
Aug 25, 2011 5:56 PM

Aug 2011
There's some BS in this world.

Some chicks take advantage of this "Never, I'm a true gentleman" choice that most guys make in life.

And I chose "Never, I'm a true gentleman", too.
But being a gentleman does NOT mean I wouldn't hit a girl. If she's being a real b*tch and taking advantage of that, why not? I mean, I slapped a girl once. She kicked my best friend's nuts, for crying out loud. From what I understood, and knowing the dude, he wouldn't do anything to hurt her, or anyone for that matter.

There, you happy, now?

Strife91 said:
Women need discipline too, no?

You, sir, are "winning"!
Aug 26, 2011 12:37 AM
Mar 2008
CottonCandyLover said:
you had to fucking necrobump this shit up didn't you?
This thread became some kind of drama fight between guys who defended why's bad to hit girls and guys who crusaded on the notion of it being a good thing. It made me feel a little sick to the stomach. I agree, I would have liked seeing it stay dead.
Aug 26, 2011 1:14 AM

Aug 2011
its seared into my brain already physical abuse is a nono but i wud ignore her ass thats the best way to piss some one off and make u feel like the shyt ;P
Aug 26, 2011 1:37 AM

Oct 2007
I slapped a girl once or twice when she got physically aggressive. I don't think it's okay to use others as a punchbag when you get upset just because you're considered weaker.
As for cheating I just wouldn't care anymore to hit anyone.
Aug 26, 2011 1:52 AM
Sep 2009
If I get kicked in the nads, I don't care what gender you are, you better start running. Other than that, I wouldn't hit a girl. Not because I'm a true gentleman, but because I'm sexist.
Aug 26, 2011 1:53 AM
Aug 2011
I can never forgive myself if I hit a girl, don't even want to think about it. The worst I can do is just ignore them completely. But I won't judge people who do, since it's none of my business.
Aug 26, 2011 6:40 AM

Jun 2011
Never :3

The only girl I hit was my sister when she annoyed me, when we was young =D
Aug 26, 2011 6:50 AM

Jun 2011
I'm not willing to hit anyone, male or female.

If I had to defend myself though I would, even against a girl. I'm not talking about retaliation for a slap, but a situation where I could be badly injured.
Aug 26, 2011 8:41 AM

Jul 2011
In every rule, there's a hole. (exceptions)
Aug 26, 2011 12:45 PM

Aug 2011
It depends on the situation. I'm a girl and have a few girl-friends, and it's like... They often act all psycho on their lovers/husbands when they find out he cheated or heck, he forgot to call her every freakin' hour of the day. Seriously... And my friends are actually older than me, between twenty-five and forty-something.
Maybe it's because I grew up with boys, 4 bros and all male cousins but women aren't innocent and they tend to be the ones endangering the spouse.
A man supposedly isn't a man unless he has his pride so it is rather difficult to report to the authorities that your woman just beat the hell outta you.
Not saying that all men are Saints my brothers are absolutely horrible to women. Absolute pigs. But women can be just as brutal if not in some cases moreso.
I don't believe violence is the answer for everything it should never come down to that but I won't say I've ever not done such a thing. And personally, cheating is one of the worst reasons to hit somebody over. Considering forty+ percent women cheat to begin with. I think the rate for men is higher not sure. :p
Prepare for trouble, Make it double.
To protect the word from devastation,
To unite all people within our Nation.
To denounce the Evils of Truth and Love,
To extend our reach to the stars above. Jesse. James.
Team Rocket blast off at the speed of Light,
Surrender now or prepare to fight!
Meowth, That's Right!
Aug 26, 2011 3:52 PM

Jun 2011
Let's pretend I'm a guy just for this post.

Even if she hit you first, and you defend yourself, you'll be dubbed as the bad guy. It's fucked up, but it's true. Girls can just be as much of an asshole as a guy can. Although a girl can smack a boy to "slap some sense" into him, a boy can't do the same to a girl, no matter how much she needs it.

I remember I read this story about a man and wife, and I'll try to repeat it as well as I can. I can't find the original post. The wife had been cheating on him for a long time, and was a raging alcoholic. He knew all of this. One night when she was drunk, she cornered him in their bathroom. Without raising his voice or threatening her, he asked if she could leave him alone. She sad something along the lines of, "What are you going to do? Hit me?". The man was larger and taller then his wife, but never once had he hurt her. The woman smashed her wine glass against his chest, it shattered, and she left. The husband posted pictures of the mess, and also a photo of his torn, bleeding chest.

The couple took counseling together, but I don't remember if it was before or after the incident. The counselor would notice the size difference between the husband and his wife, and always ask the female if she ever felt threatened with him. I remember him saying, "Never once did they ask me if I felt threatened", although he was the one being abused.
Aug 26, 2011 7:35 PM

Jul 2011
Life or death situation only.

If I ever hit a girl you will find me death the next morning why?My MOM would kill me (no joke)she would literally take knife and try to stab me.
Aug 26, 2011 8:21 PM

Aug 2011
yes

I don't believe anyone saying "No, never over my dead body". If your life (or the life of someone close to you) is on the line, and you're threatened by a woman, you'll do it to prevent having your life taken away, if there's a chance that it's gonna be a successful attempt.

However, "to show who's the MAN" is quite a silly reason. Those 64 votes must be trolls I am sure :-)
Aug 26, 2011 8:31 PM

Nov 2010
In a normal state of mind I would never. Say, I was beyond mad or drunk or something then I cannot control what would happen really. I've pushed a girl down before in a fit of rage and I still regret it.
Aug 27, 2011 3:44 PM
Nov 2009
life or death situations ofc but i accidentaly voted the third option D:
Aug 28, 2011 12:43 AM

Nov 2010
i voted never but only cuz it says no life or death ....but for me it doesnt matter if its a guy or girl hittin me if i can restrain them without getting hurt myself i preffer to do that

on the other hand people say im an ass cuz when this topic comes up ill tell em the truth ...if she can hit me "like a guy" ill hit her back like one

equality gives freedom but it also entails responsibility of your actions....sorry but a biker chick busts my teeth ima f*ck up her day end of story
The ability to change everything you come in contact with is something everyone has, its just that so many don't comprehend(or choose to ignore) that that makes them personally responsible for...well just about everything.
Aug 28, 2011 12:55 AM

Sep 2008
I voted never, because not part of my way to be and I find it cowardly and ridiculous .
Aug 28, 2011 1:26 AM

Aug 2011
nope never. im a bigger guy and i was a wrestler and a bouncer when i was younger so i would feel horrible if i did...
<!--link--><a href="http://myanimelist.net/animelist/GregRocks&sclick=1">

"Gravity is just a myth. Jon Fitch is holding everything down. He's like the opposite of Atlas, he's got the world under his shoulder."
Aug 28, 2011 8:12 AM

Jul 2011
I am very much anti-violence of any form or sort. Throughout my years I have been on both sides of the fence, as the bully and the victim, and now years down the track, I still am psychologically effected by the bad things that happened to me, as well as I wish I could go back and time and never abuse the people that I did.

So the bottom line is, whether it be a man or woman, violence is wrong, because scars run much deeper than the flesh.
Aug 28, 2011 9:42 AM

Jan 2008
Normally I would try to avoid violence regardless of gender.

For example
- Hitting someone most likely hurts and can cause damage to ones hand.
- Hitting someone could cause more damage than you wanted to cause
- Hitting someone could get police or such to cause you trouble
- The fight could get more serious
- Other people are more likely to join the fight. On the opposing side.

For self defense, I would hit a person regardless of gender.

If someone was being really an ass, so much that he/she deserved to get punched, I think I would be less likely to punch a female. But this is a situation that I avoid regardless of gender.

If I had an online version of Punch Note, which allowed me to write the nick and forum/game and then that person would get punched by an invisible giant fist, I would probably fill the note very fast, regardess of genders :D
Aug 28, 2011 10:00 AM

Jun 2008
Look the part where people say they will hit a girl for self-defence if she was hitting them is something i find kind of ridiculous.
Sure that might apply if the female holds some huge knife and is life threatening and too much a life risk to defend without hitting but other than that i don't see it.

No one says that a man should sit and let a female slap him around but certainly you don't need to hit her back to defend yourself if she tries to hit you. I experience women going crazy and attacking me and i certainly didn't let them have their way but i avoided hitting them also. I simply immobilize them. I grab their hands and hold them and they can scream all they like. If they don't calm down i ain't letting them go. Simply ain't it.
Aug 28, 2011 10:05 AM

Aug 2011
Monad said:
No one says that a man should sit and let a female slap him around but certainly you don't need to hit her back to defend yourself if she tries to hit you. I experience women going crazy and attacking me and i certainly didn't let them have their way but i avoided hitting them also. I simply immobilize them. I grab their hands and hold them and they can scream all they like. If they don't calm down i ain't letting them go. Simply ain't it.

But, if it was a guy, you wouldn't be afraid to punch him. I sense A LOT of hipocricy around this thread.
Aug 28, 2011 10:26 AM

Jun 2008
Tiago97 said:
Monad said:

But, if it was a guy, you wouldn't be afraid to punch him. I sense A LOT of hipocricy around this thread.

Well it depends on the guy. If it was some chicken shit anorexic little squirm then i will be a little afraid to punch him. The same if i was some heavyweight boxer of a monster and a man greatly weaker tried to get in a fight with me. I will probably avoid hitting him like i was handling a woman.
Look am physically a lot stronger than a female it's unfair to go around hitting her, hell if i hit her full power i might kill her on side, she has no chance winning against me. Even if she started it i should have the brain to be sensible and fair. Her action of trying to initiate a fight with a much more powerful creature is completely illogical and i won't fall in her illogical mentality.
Besides if it's a woman you know and are together then actually using your superior power against her in a disagreement is more than one moment violence. Is also a level of psychological oppression through fear. Because then the woman will know that you are the type that won't hesitate to use the advantage of power that nature gave you and that will make her scared of you and unable to express herself freely and be comfortable around you.
It's very similar to hitting a child to obedience.

On the other hand with another guy it's a lot more of a fair fight. He has the biology to take my hits and defend himself. Besides is not like you can simply grab the hands of another guy and make him calm down. You are gonna get your ass kicked trying something half-ass like that with a guy.
MonadAug 28, 2011 10:33 AM
Aug 28, 2011 10:30 AM

Aug 2011
@ Monad

That doesn't change what I feel in this thread.

AnotherDay said:
I voted never, because not part of my way to be and I find it cowardly and ridiculous .

You know what's worse that hitting a girl? Hiding behind the "I'm a girl, so you can't hit me" excuse.
Aug 28, 2011 10:43 AM

Jun 2008
Tiago97 said:
@ Monad

AnotherDay said:

You know what's worse that hitting a girl? Hiding behind the "I'm a girl, so you can't hit me" excuse.

Sorry but that excuse isn't something women can hide behind. The girls that manage to abuse with violence other guys, are simply allowed to do it and not because they have an excuse like that.
For me that excuse is more the excuse of the guy for letting himself being slapped around by a woman than it is a womans excuse. He can go around claiming that he lets her hit him because he doesn't want to hit girls hiding that his an incompetent coward little chicken shit behind the excuse of being a gentleman to make himself look better.
As i proved above you don't have to take hits from women to defend yourself or tolerate them using any kind of violence. I have never hit a woman in my life and yet no female dares to think that she can go around hitting me. Why is that? Let me tell you why. Because i have something called BALLS.
MonadAug 28, 2011 10:51 AM
Aug 28, 2011 11:12 AM

Aug 2011
Monad said:
Tiago97 said:
@ Monad

AnotherDay said:

Sorry but that excuse isn't something women can hide behind. The girls that manage to abuse with violence other guys, are simply allowed to do it and not because they have an excuse like that.
For me that excuse is more the excuse of the guy for letting himself being slapped around by a woman than it is a womans excuse. He can go around claiming that he lets her hit him because he doesn't want to hit girls hiding that his an incompetent coward little chicken shit behind the excuse of being a gentleman to make himself look better.
As i proved above you don't have to take hits from women to defend yourself or tolerate them using any kind of violence. I have never hit a woman in my life and yet no female dares to think that she can go around hitting me. Why is that? Let me tell you why. Because i have something called BALLS.

Cool story, bro.

Works either way, IMO, also depends on the number factors.
Tiago97Aug 28, 2011 11:16 AM
Aug 28, 2011 11:28 AM

Jul 2011
furuabes said:
yes

I don't believe anyone saying "No, never over my dead body". If your life (or the life of someone close to you) is on the line, and you're threatened by a woman, you'll do it to prevent having your life taken away, if there's a chance that it's gonna be a successful attempt.

However, "to show who's the MAN" is quite a silly reason. Those 64 votes must be trolls I am sure :-)

agreed.
i wouldn't actually hit a girl except i was seriously threatened..
The Internet is a very bad place, you should never go there.
Aug 28, 2011 11:38 AM

Aug 2011
LmfaoADoing said:
furuabes said:
yes

agreed.
i wouldn't actually hit a girl except i was seriously threatened..

Agreeing too, here.
Aug 28, 2011 11:42 AM

Oct 2009
Mittenns said:
Let's pretend I'm a guy just for this post.

Even if she hit you first, and you defend yourself, you'll be dubbed as the bad guy. It's fucked up, but it's true. Girls can just be as much of an asshole as a guy can. Although a girl can smack a boy to "slap some sense" into him, a boy can't do the same to a girl, no matter how much she needs it.

I remember I read this story about a man and wife, and I'll try to repeat it as well as I can. I can't find the original post. The wife had been cheating on him for a long time, and was a raging alcoholic. He knew all of this. One night when she was drunk, she cornered him in their bathroom. Without raising his voice or threatening her, he asked if she could leave him alone. She sad something along the lines of, "What are you going to do? Hit me?". The man was larger and taller then his wife, but never once had he hurt her. The woman smashed her wine glass against his chest, it shattered, and she left. The husband posted pictures of the mess, and also a photo of his torn, bleeding chest.

The couple took counseling together, but I don't remember if it was before or after the incident. The counselor would notice the size difference between the husband and his wife, and always ask the female if she ever felt threatened with him. I remember him saying, "Never once did they ask me if I felt threatened", although he was the one being abused.

I agree, and I have heard similar stories to that too.

I say, if the woman/girl is being physically violent then it's right that the man should defend himself. But keep in mind that you don't always have to hit back to end a fight and you don't always need to physically hit someone to defend yourself, you can always (possibly) restrain them.

On a level of cheating, I don't think I'd frown upon a man if he hit a woman (unless he were to beat her up or injure her) but I think the most you should do in that case is giving her a mere slap (same goes as for if the man was cheating in a relationship and the woman was to hit him) anything beyond that is wrong I'd say.

And for those who think that a slap wouldn't measure up to being cheated on, I'd rather just leave and never speak to them (it'd make them feel atleast a little guilt) rather than hitting them as a punishment.
Aug 28, 2011 11:56 AM

Jul 2011
I wouldn't hit anybody =/
... and EAT IT !!
Aug 28, 2011 5:48 PM

Jul 2010
CrimsonSea said:

It's a natural reaction, if someone causes you pain, you seek revenge.

Rofl.
It's been a while...
Aug 28, 2011 5:56 PM

Jun 2011
ONLY TO ASSERT ME AS THE ALPHAMALE.
Lol I wouldn't.
Aug 28, 2011 6:31 PM

Aug 2011
It's not really a fact of male or female.
It's whether they are a prick, and started a fight(physical) with me, although i could see myself punching a guy a couple more times than needed, but not a girl.

(although, I could see myself using more restraint with women, but I don't know, that's just a guess.)

And obviously it mattered what the fight was over, I'm not going to punch someone for someone retarded, if someone has anger problems(or a bad day, whatever) hitting them back would just be stupid.

I'd like to think of myself as a pacifist, others would call it being a pussy, i could care less.
Aug 28, 2011 7:29 PM

Jun 2011
HATCHA said:
The only time I would hit a woman is if she was struggling physically and bringing us unwanted attention during rape, in any other situation it would be completely uncalled for in all honesty.

Lol, nice.

I don't like hitting people in general. Maybe I'm somewhat of a pacifist? I don't know. But really, the only time I'd actually hit someone is probably when I'm in extreme danger.

SilverCyrus said:
It's not really a fact of male or female.
I'd like to think of myself as a pacifist, others would call it being a pussy, i could care less.

I honestly typed out my post before reading this, lol. But yeauhh, I agree with you 100%.

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person, you may be the world." -Unknown
Aug 28, 2011 8:31 PM

Jun 2011
If i was attacked physcially I would do my best to keep the amount of hits to a minimum but i assure you. Every hit i do deal i attempt to make it the hardest i can.
Gender is only a word.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (15) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.