Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
No. 6
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Aug 21, 2011 12:07 PM
Mar 2011
Orulyon said:
T3rm1n4t0r2 said:
Orulyon Said:

my reply:

Reply: Ok, Ill "go with it", with what you're saying for a second. And now I'll review and respond. Actually I need to admit defeat in terms of how much one person can write as a return to such a tiny opinionated post as what i gave. I mean, I thought I usually typed a lot, but, oh dang, you win.

Could u please put under spoiler your comment?:) thank you. (because this is a debate between us). and i apologize if i seemed rude, i dont intend to flame u, my apologies.

debating is always fun ofc!
but due to my huge posts,(my fingers hurt btw) since i dont want to bother you anymore with them and i dont intend to piss u off or something, ill just shut up and i will go back to my little yaoi delusional world XD

Reply: What is spoiler again? oh yes, [sp0iler] I think? sure i'll use it from now on. Damn your hands must hurt. I only assume most of the yaoi fan girls have crazy delusions of Nezumi and Shion. But if they didnt, would they really be yaoi bl fans? Seriously, shut up? WhY?! Im not pissed! I just sometimes...appear angry. But im not! So keep bringin it...unless your hands are really about to fall off.
T3rm1n4t0r2Aug 21, 2011 12:11 PM
Aug 21, 2011 3:45 PM

Feb 2010
Hate to interfere with your "debate", but with my knowledge of
arguments on these forums, it's going to go on for a very long time, and in the end it'll be the same as it started out. No one wins.

I mean it's great that you guys are discussing and putting out your thoughts on the issue, but in the end it's kind of pointless. What's the reason behind both of your "arguments"?
To prove the other wrong? To prove your own point?

Sorry but I just don't get why people do this. Fighting to protect their own opinion?
Angry at the other person for misunderstanding or not understanding?
Can't you guys just quiet down and accept the fact that both of you guys have different opinions and just leave it that? People all have different opinions, so are
you trying to share your opinion? I argue with people too, and at times it's fun to discover and learn the other side of the opinion, so I understand.
I know it's hard to deal with the pain of someone basically insulting something you love or baring the pain of seeing something that you absolutely hate, but...yeah...there's no end to it.

amayih said:

Yeahhh I forgot about that....that kiss was in the beginning and that was a total accident.
Plus that was in the beginning. Later on that kiss meant nothing at all (that's why there's no shounen-ai tag) and they all change into messed up people.
EarlCielAug 21, 2011 3:50 PM
Aug 21, 2011 6:33 PM

Oct 2009
NO WAY!!! Can't believe i've seen two dudes kissing Oo
Aug 21, 2011 6:48 PM

Aug 2011
no matter how many times I re-play that kiss so far.. I just can't believe that it happened for real
most what I expected was a kiss on the cheek but.. it wasn't
so my responding once Shion's kissed Nezumi I stopped the episode right away to take my breath while saying nonunderstood things for 10 minutes xDDD
(haven't feel that way since a long time xD)

and then the part at park <3
seeing how they became sincere to each other made me feel that their relationship improved much more! no, actually they're so close to each other since the quite beginning
but it's like Nezumi is the one who make it difficult for himself and for Shion through trying to deny his feeling constantly ^^"
so when Nezumi screamed "'I was worried about you" I surprised!! I was like Nezumi fanilly said it! it's was the first time he slipped out his true feeling
but Shion didn't surprise! it was like he knows already even if Nezumi didn't say it.... like what happen in episode 6,
Nezumi: I could never bring myself to kill you, is that what you think?
Shion: it is
which reminded me when he said "I don't know much about girls, but I consider myself a good judge of characters"
Shion he has a pure feeling to look through, yet his eyes and mind are always opening to know about the new things

now, we still have another kiss, it's Nezumi kiss (oath kiss) do you think it will happen as well? ^^
I'm so eager for it since it will be from Nezumi this time ^^
I like how Nezumi and Shion have an equal love <3

as a Shounen Ai anime.. I think this's the best one I've seen so far <3
pureromanceAug 21, 2011 7:39 PM
Aug 21, 2011 7:05 PM

May 2008
Whorification said:
Dropped
Aug 21, 2011 10:49 PM

Aug 2011
amayih said:
EarlCiel said:

BUT that's why I think No.6 shouldn't (at least YET) have the shounen-ai tag because the kiss didn't have romantic feeling, it was a goodnight/farewell or name it as you want, but not a kiss exchanged between lovers! It was a sad kiss, "I will never see you again since I will probably be killed" kiss, and not a "let's do more next time" kiss!

I don't know why people still urge about this!
isn't obvious as sun that these two have feeling for each other?! even before the kiss event! (much more like since the first episode!) it's clear but guess to only whom not into that kind of relationship so don't want to see it ....?
or what?! is it normal to friends dancing together while gazing at each other eyes in that way?
- or is it normal to friends to do kiss on lips even if it's as a goodnight or farewell kiss?!
what about when Nezumi doing his next kiss (oath kiss) to Shion ?
(or you will give it an excuse as long as these kisses have reasons? xD)
just think, what kind of friends those whom kiss on lips on purpose ?
why they have to do it at the first place?! ahm I mean if they were FRIENDS
=____= wasn't a hug enough?
I'm not saying that they will reach a limit to have a sex
since it's shounen-ai not Yaoi
what between Nezumi and Shion have no different from what in some of shounen ai genre manga
Aug 22, 2011 1:41 AM

Apr 2009
Woah... O_o I wasn't prepared for that. Well whatever, moving on...

Ah poor Safu, I hope she gets rescued soon.

Good thing Youmin saved Karan just in time before she blurted out what she was thinking about No.6 to "Granny". The thought of that granny in the park being an agent of No.6 scares the shit out of me. >_<
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Aug 22, 2011 4:24 AM
Jul 2011
T3rm1n4t0r2 said:
Reply: Would you also say its great to see straight female lesbian fans? Assuming you're female, i think you'd be a little more resistant to agree to that.
ehhh, this is someone unrelated to your discussion, but if you're looking for straight female yuri fans, HERE'S ONE~ i also like yaoi and het, and well, all sorts of love~

now, back to our regularly scheduled anime~

pureromance said:
but it's like Nezumi is the one who make it difficult for himself and for Shion through trying to deny his feeling constantly ^^"
so when Nezumi screamed "'I was worried about you" I surprised!! I was like Nezumi fanilly said it! it's was the first time he slipped out his true feeling
but Shion didn't surprise! it was like he knows already even if Nezumi didn't say it.... like what happen in episode 6,
Nezumi: I could never bring myself to kill you, is that what you think?
Shion: it is
which reminded me when he said "I don't know much about girls, but I consider myself a good judge of characters"
Shion he has a pure feeling to look through, yet his eyes and mind are always opening to know about the new things

I like how Nezumi and Shion have an equal love <3
LOL yeah i was surprised nezumi was so open, too. xD i'd have liked to see him struggle more because it's fun being a sadist but whatever, shion's been breaking down his walls since day one and the end is drawing near, we can let the anime rush a bit.

hmmm. don't actually know if they'll follow the novel's ending. didn't the last book just come out this june or something? plus if they try to squish in everything at this rate, it'll be an unholy mess.

pureromance said:
isn't obvious as sun that these two have feeling for each other?! even before the kiss event! (much more like since the first episode!) it's clear but guess to only whom not into that kind of relationship so don't want to see it ....?
or what?! is it normal to friends dancing together while gazing at each other eyes in that way?
- or is it normal to friends to do kiss on lips even if it's as a goodnight or farewell kiss?!
frankly, i think they're falling in love (among other things, nezushi is a complex pairing involving a whole spectrum of feelings, but romantic love? oh yes it's there too)

but i won't begrudge those who choose not to read it that way. it's not like BONES will ever officially confirm it, and if they want to ignore all the signs, well, that's their prerogative. *shrug*

PS: YOUR AVATAR. I NEED SOURCE LINKS. щ(◎Д◎щ)

tofei said:
Good thing Youmin saved Karan just in time before she blurted out what she was thinking about No.6 to "Granny". The thought of that granny in the park being an agent of No.6 scares the shit out of me. >_<
i know, right?! maybe safu's nice airport granny was one, too. ;____; i'll never look at kindly old ladies the same again!
jjoymAug 22, 2011 8:09 PM
Aug 22, 2011 4:56 AM

Oct 2010
Amazing. :D The kis was a cherry on top of the cream. And that... Nezumi said: I was worried about you. It's more powerful than a kiss

Spoiler:

Aug 22, 2011 5:30 AM
Mar 2011
pureromance said:
amayih said:
EarlCiel said:

BUT that's why I think No.6 shouldn't (at least YET) have the shounen-ai tag because the kiss didn't have romantic feeling, it was a goodnight/farewell or name it as you want, but not a kiss exchanged between lovers! It was a sad kiss, "I will never see you again since I will probably be killed" kiss, and not a "let's do more next time" kiss!

just think, what kind of friends those whom kiss on lips on purpose ?
why they have to do it at the first place?! ahm I mean if they were FRIENDS
=____= wasn't a hug enough?
I'm not saying that they will reach a limit to have a sex
since it's shounen-ai not Yaoi
what between Nezumi and Shion have no different from what in some of shounen ai genre manga

Reply:
T3rm1n4t0r2Aug 22, 2011 5:38 AM
Aug 22, 2011 5:41 AM
Mar 2011
Arwenia said:
Amazing. :D The kis was a cherry on top of the cream. And that... Nezumi said: I was worried about you. It's more powerful than a kiss

Spoiler:

Reply:
Aug 22, 2011 5:57 AM

May 2009
So we got the shounen-ai tag finally. Interesting :D
I expect the anime score to drop by .5 in 3..2....
Aug 22, 2011 6:30 AM

Dec 2007
I enjoy the conversation here :D

Aug 22, 2011 6:58 AM

Feb 2010
Yeah, guys, it's definitely shounen-ai.I don't get why people
still think that Sion might be straight and could like Safu. I mean, it's so obvious.
When Sion and Nezumi are together the atmosphere just screams "GAY!"
and everything they say's pretty much gay.
EarlCielAug 24, 2011 2:19 PM
Aug 22, 2011 11:04 AM

Jul 2011
Find it funny how some people still want to play it off as them just being friends.

The kiss is one thing but the talk they had? Sounded way more like a lovers quarrel then any kind of talk between two straight friends I've ever heard. Everything in and of itself could be debatable but the totality of it all seems to suggest that there is surely more than just a friendship there.

As for Safu, never thought she had a chance to begin with. I actually thought Shion and Safu were siblings at first. Sure seemed like it. No chemistry at all. Of course they were only 12 in the first episode so maybe there shouldn't even have been any but none the less. Was pretty obvious Shion never saw her as anything more than an important friend.

Not really sure it should be have a shounen-ai tag or not, though. Even if there is a thing going on between Shion and Nezumi I wouldn't really consider the show itself to be shounen-ai. Unlike most things you'd think of as shounen-ai the relationship between them isn't really the main point of the show while it is with most shounen-ai.
Aug 22, 2011 1:13 PM

Apr 2010
what is this it is a bad anime with pethetic ideas they do all of these just to reach for a kiss between boys! baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad ideas or i have to be blamed to watch this silly anime!
Aug 22, 2011 1:54 PM

Jul 2008
*die in her saliva*
Holy...@=#'(-è~é~#é)àà)!:;,?$£^^+-*/
That was a kiss ! O_O !
oh yeah, of course I was sure in my head that will be a kiss when shion is down to nezumi, but... the lip contact make me blank.
1 sec..
2 sec..
3 sec ...
4 sec..

nezumi smile...

1 sec...
2sec....
3sec....
4sec....

WTF O_____O ?!
REPLAY !

I think I see this scene ~ 10 times in my episode!

amagad !

huhuh safu is useless ♫
well... I wish she is.
Aug 22, 2011 2:39 PM

Apr 2009
Okey guys... seing that you're still making a huge discussion about feeling and homosexiality and blablabla, I'll just drop one thing in:

You guys think with a 21st century brain; they live in a far more advanced future.
This means, the same way that 50 years ago saying you were gay was way worse than nowadays, maybe in their setting 'gay' doesn't even have a meaning anymore.
No heterosexuals, no homosexuals, just plain pansexuality and loving whatever you can love.
With such an advanced technology, reproduction shouldn't be an issue either, so that's no excuse for forming a homosexual couple.
Also, see how boldly they talk about sex and feelings.
Compare the how liberal teens are now to how they were a century ago, where there was no touchinf until marrige. Maybe in their era it's normal to express phisical affection to a whole new level with people who are just freinds and it means nothing at all.
Once again, just forget about their sexual orientation and enjoy the anime's plot.

Aug 22, 2011 3:22 PM
Oct 2009
Hatbox said:
It's not the show I'll be dropping but reading the discussions afterwards. Sick of seeing all the homophobic comments. Especially from people who add 'And yeah, I'm a girl' Well aren't you a special little snowflake? What do you want, a round of applause? Gender doesn't come into it. You're still just posting discriminatory messages. I'm disgusted by anyone who is rating the episode lowly simply because of one tiny kiss. I guess I'll just go rate any episode I see where there's a heterosexual kiss included with a 1 because by your standards that's acceptable. For crying out loud /end rant.

Sure, "fangirl" comments which ignore discussing any of the actual plot in favour of long strings of exclamation marks and capitals annoy me too but I just scroll past them.

this is win.
Aug 22, 2011 3:23 PM

Apr 2011
It's official...xD

That was cute =3= even though I'm not a fan of shounen ai...
I was expecting it since episode 1 xD
Loved the episode!!!! Can't wait for the next one *.*
People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world. (ಠ_ಠ)

Aug 22, 2011 3:26 PM

Apr 2011
fati said:
I enjoy the conversation here :D

xD
People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world. (ಠ_ಠ)

Aug 22, 2011 5:34 PM

Dec 2007
amyiceeyes said:
No heterosexuals, no homosexuals, just plain pansexuality and loving whatever you can love.
With such an advanced technology, reproduction shouldn't be an issue either, so that's no excuse for forming a homosexual couple.

Sounds good. In general I mean, and I wish for the day our world will get there too.

As for the anime..I believe everyone is doing too much of a deal from it. The boys just love each other, it's simple. They have a real close relationship and it's very touching. It doesn't really matter if they are actually gay, but it is love.

I mean, come on, look how happy they are at the ED when they are getting all chummy in the snow.
Aug 22, 2011 9:48 PM

Jul 2010
That was awkward, I accidently watched part 2 first, then I realized it was part 2...so I went back to watch part 1.

I really didn't know how I'd feel if they ever kissed, and this episode they did. All I thought about the kissing scene was like "That's it? I thought them dancing a few episodes back was more passionate." I'm not a fan of their touchy love, but honestly, it's nothing really and that was my first guy on guy kiss I've ever watched in anime.

When that guy said that granny was an agent, I was surprised. No.6 is a fake utopia, I thought it was just like that to Nezumi but it's not, even that guy thinks so too, which makes me wonder, just who is he? At first it seemed like he would be a minor character.

Next episode, some really interesting stuff jumbled into one episode! >: O
You may read this quote , "However, by that point you'll have been torn to pieces."
Aug 22, 2011 11:17 PM

Sep 2009
MusashiRose said:
keikanna44 said:
Abracapanda said:
I'm a straight guy and I loved every second of this episode.
I'm so glad they kissed, this anime just continues to amaze me.

Why can't more guys be like you! ^_^

Agreed. People who can't handle kisses between men blow my mind.

How has the plot changed dramatically by Shion showing affection? The plot seems to be getting better and better- looks like next week we'll learn more about no.6.

UGH. I hope all the idiots are gone and have dropped this show by next episode.

Indeed. It's better if the discussion is overwhelming in your favor, that makes things easier, right?
Aug 22, 2011 11:20 PM

Jun 2011
everytime a no. 6 thread pops up in the recent post i get giddy for the next episode this show has me so HOOKED!!
Aug 22, 2011 11:26 PM

Sep 2009
ephemeralM said:
as much as i like yaoi i really don't like the relationship in this anime. it's very superficial and awkward and looks forced into the plot for no reason.

I believe we have a winner. It doesn't help that both Shion and Nezumi are pretty stupid characters. The show is infinitely better whenever they're not on the screen.
Aug 23, 2011 4:50 AM
Jul 2011
MysticHaze said:
All I thought about the kissing scene was like "That's it? I thought them dancing a few episodes back was more passionate." I'm not a fan of their touchy love, but honestly, it's nothing really and that was my first guy on guy kiss I've ever watched in anime.
that's because it's meant to be all subdued and stuff? that was not a 'yay i love you' kiss, that was a sad, lying goodbye kiss.
Aug 23, 2011 6:26 AM

Feb 2009
Only thing i liked in this episode them beating some sht out of each other lol...
Aug 23, 2011 1:20 PM

Oct 2010
T3rm1n4t0r2 said:
Arwenia said:

Spoiler:

Reply:

Well I also hope the way you hope.

Aug 23, 2011 4:55 PM

Jan 2011
Couldn't get enough of that lover's quarrel *sigh*
Aug 23, 2011 9:16 PM

Aug 2011
jjoym said:

LOL yeah i was surprised nezumi was so open, too. xD i'd have liked to see him struggle more because it's fun being a sadist but whatever, shion's been breaking down his walls since day one and the end is drawing near, we can let the anime rush a bit.

hmmm. don't actually know if they'll follow the novel's ending. didn't the last book just come out this june or something? plus if they try to squish in everything at this rate, it'll be an unholy mess.

haha you seem feel infesting seeing Nezumi's struggles xD
but yeah, his Tsundere is so cute <3

yes, that what I'm afraid of... that they might rush at the end ><

jjoym said:

but i won't begrudge those in denial their refuge. it's not like BONES will ever officially confirm it, and if they want to ignore all the signs, well, that's their prerogative. *shrug*

xDDD agree ^^

jjoym said:

PS: YOUR AVATAR. I NEED SOURCE LINKS. щ(◎Д◎щ

I know! I like it too <3 xD
hmmm as I remember, I got it from "Zero-chan.com" gallery site

T3rm1n4t0r2 said:

Reply:

1- if you mean by next action I mentioned

then I didn't tell that out of the blue but 'cause it happened in the novel
(I don't know if they will let it happen in anime though)

2- you think so? if it was possible then there won't be a many guys whom felt uneasy and dropped this show since then
considering Shion and Nezumi dance wasn't for show or laughing
but they were gazing at each other eyes silently
anyone can feel that there was a feeling between them through that eyes that they were looking at each other though it, I mean it wasn't something to only whom have an interest in shonen-ai or Yaoi can see
even my brother -whom saw the 4 first episodes- once he saw them dancing -by chance- said surprisingly "what these two guys doing?!! how could two men dancing together?!"

I don't watch Harry Potter but I took a look on the dance you mentioned
are you sure from the example of the Hermoine is a GIRL =___=
or that doesn't make a different to you!

3- that wasn't "hypocrite".. if it was, weren't most of girls here shouting out this much about what they're seeing clearly between these two neither many guys had left this show as well

oh, so you think I'm trying! xD
then let me tell one thing, depend to my knowledge and common sense
friends don't kiss each other on the lips nor dancing at that way (especially male friends) or what left to them to be lovers?!
if you see that it's possible between friends or brothers then it's up to you!

4- then, wasn't he able to give him a kiss on the cheek at least (although it's not something male friends do as well) but as a maximum
as you know kiss on cheek have a different feel and meaning from the kiss on lips
or weren't people making all of this big fuses about it -whether- by BL girls-fans or guys viewers

5- what Yaoi labelling have to do with no.6?!
it's not like they can turn the story or the characters or the events to something else rather than how they're in the novel!! as how that kiss wasn't a fan-service but it was an event in the novel as the rest of the events

6- if it wasn't Shonen Ai then what is it? shojo? do you see one of them -Shion or Nezumi- is a girl?

"Think what you want. And argue back too, but dont shout to the world to keep their mouths shut"
"shout to the world"?! I was "wondering" if you noticed well my term
exchange thoughts and talk among people is well but respect have to be the main thing there always as well ^^

reading your thoughts and replying on them was enjoyable
thanks ^^
Aug 23, 2011 9:33 PM

Aug 2011
amyiceeyes said:
Okey guys... seing that you're still making a huge discussion about feeling and homosexiality and blablabla, I'll just drop one thing in:

You guys think with a 21st century brain; they live in a far more advanced future.
This means, the same way that 50 years ago saying you were gay was way worse than nowadays, maybe in their setting 'gay' doesn't even have a meaning anymore.
Compare the how liberal teens are now to how they were a century ago, where there was no touchinf until marrige. Maybe in their era it's normal to express phisical affection to a whole new level with people who are just freinds and it means nothing at all.
Once again, just forget about their sexual orientation and enjoy the anime's plot.

wha! reading your theory was something!
I mean, I didn't think or consider that
*contemplates*
that was unique!
reminded me with a page from a manga
http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/4774/ginchoukidanch1004.jpg
xD

pureromanceAug 24, 2011 10:49 PM
Aug 23, 2011 11:18 PM

Mar 2009
Well, I was definitely wrong about this show not being shonen-ai. Truthfully, I only thought there were slight undertones, kinda like Natsume Yuujinchou. That being said, it's not like I'm going to drop it simply because two guys kissed each other. What an extreme and strange reaction that would be. Plus the story is interesting, though the pacing is too slow for my liking.

Imagine, though, dropping the TV drama "The Wire" just because of Omar's sexual orientation. Fuck. That would quite possibly be the dumbest thing ever. Not to mention he's one of the best characters ever created. No. 6 can't even compare to The Wire, but still, you get my point. =P
Aug 24, 2011 2:49 AM
Jul 2011
pureromance said:

haha you seem feel infesting seeing Nezumi's struggles xD
but yeah, his Tsundere is so cute <3

yes, that what I'm afraid of... that they might rush at the end ><

??? by 'make it' i meant 'survive 'til the end', are we talking about the same thing here? xDD

because i just love this character (not so much in the novels, we're not given a lot of time with this character in the novels) but in the anime... i don't want anything bad to happen to them!! ;___________;

about nezumi: yeah, it's cute and i don't much mind what the anime has done, but still... novel! nezumi>>>>> anime! nezumi, and novel!shion>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>anime!shion.

WHY ONLY 11 EPS, NOITAMINA?! WHYYYYYYYYY
Aug 24, 2011 11:25 AM

Aug 2011
jjoym said:

pureromanceAug 24, 2011 11:32 AM
Aug 24, 2011 3:05 PM
Mar 2011
T3rm1n4t0r2 said:

Reply:

1- if you mean by next action I mentioned

then I didn't tell that out of the blue but 'cause it happened in the novel
(I don't know if they will let it happen in anime though)

2- you think so? if it was possible then there won't be a many guys whom felt uneasy and dropped this show since then
considering Shion and Nezumi dance wasn't for show or laughing
but they were gazing at each other eyes silently
anyone can feel that there was a feeling between them through that eyes that they were looking at each other though it, I mean it wasn't something to only whom have an interest in shonen-ai or Yaoi can see
even my brother -whom saw the 4 first episodes- once he saw them dancing -by chance- said surprisingly "what these two guys doing?!! how could two men dancing together?!"

I don't watch Harry Potter but I took a look on the dance you mentioned
are you sure from the example of the Hermoine is a GIRL =___=
or that doesn't make a different to you!

3- that wasn't "hypocrite".. if it was, weren't most of girls here shouting out this much about what they're seeing clearly between these two neither many guys had left this show as well

oh, so you think I'm trying! xD
then let me tell one thing, depend to my knowledge and common sense
friends don't kiss each other on the lips nor dancing at that way (especially male friends) or what left to them to be lovers?!
if you see that it's possible between friends or brothers then it's up to you!

4- then, wasn't he able to give him a kiss on the cheek at least (although it's not something male friends do as well) but as a maximum
as you know kiss on cheek have a different feel and meaning from the kiss on lips
or weren't people making all of this big fuses about it -whether- by BL girls-fans or guys viewers

5- what Yaoi labelling have to do with no.6?!
it's not like they can turn the story or the characters or the events to something else rather than how they're in the novel!! as how that kiss wasn't a fan-service but it was an event in the novel as the rest of the events

6- if it wasn't Shonen Ai then what is it? shojo? do you see one of them -Shion or Nezumi- is a girl?

"Think what you want. And argue back too, but dont shout to the world to keep their mouths shut"
"shout to the world"?! I was "wondering" if you noticed well my term
exchange thoughts and talk among people is well but respect have to be the main thing there always as well ^^

reading your thoughts and replying on them was enjoyable
thanks ^^

Reply:
Aug 24, 2011 10:37 PM

Aug 2011
T3rm1n4t0r2 said:

Reply:

professional dance class?!!! what learning have to do with our topic!
we were talking about friends whom dancing.

you think so about the guys who feel uncomfortable, it would be the same for me if Shion and Nezumi were girls and did the same things (that dance and kiss)

of course I've seen 1000 scene about men taking bath togather
in first place, isn't there a public bath!! =___=
again, what's with men taking bath have to do with our topic?!

if you read again my previous reply you will see that I had explained already that my brother had watched the anime, 'cause I know that it would raise suspicions to anyone who doesn't (how not! when it did to even whom does xD)

you think so?!, it's not like Shion was the only friend in the world whom thought that he might not to see his friend again!
for me, it was the first time to see a FRIEND (if he was like that) to kiss his other friend on lips as a farewell kiss
it's just.. what kind of feeling that you need so much to convy to your male friend or brother through lips?!
wasn't a questionable?
what make it different if he was his lover then?!
it's well-known that kiss on lips is something lovers do (I'm talking about whom have the same sex here not friends from different sex)

yeah, you're right that producers can do the changes in anime, they can add and cancel
but not to the level to turn such anime as no.6 to Yaoi =___=

it's up to you if you "still don't feel they love each other as lover" I mean it's your opinion, but here "because something like a bl sex scene would never happen" then what Shonen Ai about? =___=
why there's a different between Yaoi and Shonen Ai genera?
'cause in Shonen Ai there's no sex scene or not an explicit sex scenes at least

haha so you understood it like that, I didn't mean emphasis by putting this mark " " in wondering but the to make what I meant clearer

thanks again, I enjoyed this conversation with you
pureromanceAug 24, 2011 10:42 PM
Aug 25, 2011 1:13 AM

Jul 2008
Great episode. I thought the kiss scene was done really well.

I really love how this show gives everyone the screen time they deserve. They don't throw away side characters. Safu, Karan, etc all still have important roles to play. It makes the show way more interesting.
Aug 25, 2011 7:45 AM
Jul 2011
pureromance said:

what's what that illustration!
I didn't get what were you trying to say :p
I demand you to explain soldier!
xD

by the way, how much did you read from the novel?
and what do you think about Nezumi and Shion looks there?
for me, I think their looks are cool in the novel and they look older, but still I like how they're in the anime as well, especially Nezumi's hair style <3
xD
it means that i find both boys--ESPECIALLY SHION-- to be more interesting in the novels. i prefer their relationship in the novels, too, it's much more complicated and intense than the anime's version. xD

i've read some book summaries/patches of translations, have been spoiled for some things about the ending, and currently follow a fan translation online. :D

RE: looks---from what i gather the anime's mostly accurate:

i'd imagine nezumi's hair is shorter because of a throwaway "just covering his ears/chin" line but i'd have to reread that, maybe his hair's just layered or something. yes, he IS taller than shion and better muscled, plus he's got these ~amazing grey eyes~ and he's ~really beautiful~ as shion reminds us in every other paragraph. :D his voice might not be as deep? oh and he sings like an angel.

shion's snake mark in the novels only go up to his neck, and i got the impression they're more tightly coiled, but maybe that's just me. also they might be slightly raised, not flat. xD his eyes are purplish, i imagine that's how he got his name. his looks are probably average, but his hair has been described as "translucent" and "beautiful" by nezumi. (still feels like ordinary hair though.)

... it's almost HILAROUS how much they call each other "pretty" really, especially when shion goes all ~poetic~ over nezumi's eyes (or face, or profile, but mostly those ~captivating~ eyes). nezumi's compliments are mostly confined to shion's hair and the "sexy" snake mark.

ANYWAY yeah basically the same, it's only small details that differ.

ALSO: I have a couple of questions for all you anime-only viewers who don't plan to read the novels/won't mind a couple spoilers regarding shion's novel personality:

were you jarred by his extreme reaction? did you just accept it as part of his "hidden depths" or did it feel like an asspull/ooc moment? did you see any foreshadowing/hints for this in his previous characterization?
i would very much like to hear your opinions, please and thank you.
jjoymAug 25, 2011 9:06 AM
Aug 25, 2011 10:09 AM

Oct 2010
Too much text. Too much annoying fangirling text. Scroll past.

I hate repetition, but what I'd say for the kiss: big deal. I've read stories and I'll go for the Newer Generation theory, with them seeing sexuality and acts of showing affection differently as we do today. Be it romance or a higher level of friendship, whatever, kiss away.

Guess I shouldn't be surprised at how much debates are going on for this, and how many would drop this, but still. Urrgh.

Anyways what I wanna talk more about is this:

jjoym said:
Glitterati said:
I am just disappointed in how continuously the crazy-obsessive nature of their relationship just doesn't come across in the anime like in the novels. I mean, both characters are so damn messed up and all this animu does is shows them dancing and tralala'ing in the dismal surrounding, quick kiss and then weak ass punches like some kindergarten playground crap.

This relationship, bromance or whatever the hell you want it to be, is scary shit. Not School Days nice boat level, mind you, but it's damn well near it in terms of obsession and mental imbalances. I hope these later eps bring it out more <_<
i don't think they can anymore, without it seeming really jarring. D: they've settled for this tone, methinks, for good.

from the start the anime had a much tamer/softer feel to the shion/nezumi relationship --- the park scene even had a cheesy sunrise, for goodness' sake! all the tension, out the window. it felt like a "resolution" as opposed to "a step forward" --- and especially shion himself--like, in the first ep we definitely feel his suffocation but no destructive underpinnings, what he loved about the storm was the wildness and freedom of it, and i got no "break it, break it all!!1!one" vibes at all. the times they tried to get shion to be creepy seemed to me a bit out of character (the attack on rikiga) or easily chalked down to nezumi's fear of emotional attachment (the hand-on-neck thing). they washed him clean, and the few (halfhearted?) attempts at giving him darkness were a little too late. ...or something, IDK maybe i missed stuff, i am as dense as diamonds after all.

...don't really mind all that much, but yeah. i miss the rawness and intensity and danger between them in the novels, and i miss the cute doofiness much more.

Brace625 said:
So the kiss is in the novel. Was it written with more romantic connotations then what was shown? Cause otherwise this is a fairly tame kiss (both closed lips).
Which leads me to believe that it was more a sign of gratitude and friendship than romantic. The possible two meanings are quite different and have implications for the rest of the story. Can some make it clear which one it is meant to be.
hmmm, from what i remember, the kiss was definitely one of farewell. not specifically romantic but no less heartwrenching, especially for nezumi.

but. um, well. there are other scenes that (in my honest opinion, more than) hint at a romantic/sexual interest, and that kiss is alluded to in at least one of them. here, have a long-ass example courtesy of hiriajuu from LJ that also shows some of the screwed-up-ness mentioned earlier:

This.

I didn't know this existed. Now that I do, I WANT to see it, badly. Deeper character. Deeper. Crazier. Much more intense plot.
Aug 26, 2011 9:15 AM
Mar 2011
outlawauron said:
MusashiRose said:
keikanna44 said:
Abracapanda said:
I'm a straight guy and I loved every second of this episode.
I'm so glad they kissed, this anime just continues to amaze me.

Why can't more guys be like you! ^_^

Agreed. People who can't handle kisses between men blow my mind.

How has the plot changed dramatically by Shion showing affection? The plot seems to be getting better and better- looks like next week we'll learn more about no.6.

UGH. I hope all the idiots are gone and have dropped this show by next episode.

Indeed. It's better if the discussion is overwhelming in your favor, that makes things easier, right?

Reply: I assume most of these people are female, and that if they were to watch to lesbians make out then they would also feel uncomfortable at first. Some People can't handle watching 2 of their gender kiss because its unnusual to them. It shouldnt "blow your mind". It just takes anyone some getting used to.
Aug 26, 2011 10:01 AM
Mar 2011
pureromance said:
T3rm1n4t0r2 said:

Reply:

professional dance class?!!! what learning have to do with our topic!
we were talking about friends whom dancing.

you think so about the guys who feel uncomfortable, it would be the same for me if Shion and Nezumi were girls and did the same things (that dance and kiss)

of course I've seen 1000 scene about men taking bath togather
in first place, isn't there a public bath!! =___=
again, what's with men taking bath have to do with our topic?!

if you read again my previous reply you will see that I had explained already that my brother had watched the anime, 'cause I know that it would raise suspicions to anyone who doesn't (how not! when it did to even whom does xD)

you think so?!, it's not like Shion was the only friend in the world whom thought that he might not to see his friend again!
for me, it was the first time to see a FRIEND (if he was like that) to kiss his other friend on lips as a farewell kiss
it's just.. what kind of feeling that you need so much to convy to your male friend or brother through lips?!
wasn't a questionable?
what make it different if he was his lover then?!
it's well-known that kiss on lips is something lovers do (I'm talking about whom have the same sex here not friends from different sex)

yeah, you're right that producers can do the changes in anime, they can add and cancel
but not to the level to turn such anime as no.6 to Yaoi =___=

it's up to you if you "still don't feel they love each other as lover" I mean it's your opinion, but here "because something like a bl sex scene would never happen" then what Shonen Ai about? =___=
why there's a different between Yaoi and Shonen Ai genera?
'cause in Shonen Ai there's no sex scene or not an explicit sex scenes at least

haha so you understood it like that, I didn't mean emphasis by putting this mark " " in wondering but the to make what I meant clearer

thanks again, I enjoyed this conversation with you

Reply: 1. Yep, dance class would relate, I meant that men do dance with each other and it doesn't make them gay. Women could also do it. Its a friend thing.
2. Yes, I meant that with the public bath point that men, and women, do things more "risque" actions together than dancing already, and it doesn't make them homosexual or lesbian. A simple dance is nothing.
3. You're right, I missed the fact that your brother watched other anime, but not everybody watches the same kinds. If one person watched Action Shonens like "Batle Bedamon" for 5 years and then were forced to watch No.6, They'd think it was the gayest thing ever, and they'd drop it 5 minutes into the first episode. On the flip side, if that person had watched all Shojos and then found No.6 it would seem like childs play to them. Does your brother watch the same kinds of animes you do? I would probably guess no because most guys don't watch these kinds of animes as their usual.
4. When you say "You think so?!" could you also specify what part of the arguement you're referring to. It makes it a little easier to reply back.
It's true the kiss was questionable but because the author is female her preferences tend to filter into her works, 2 guys end up touching lips whilst they're still not gay. This is her type of shojo and she wanted intimate scenes while not having them in boy love. Or at least that's what I think. I guess its also possible they do "love" each other like lovers, but you can't tell yet. If the novels didn't exist the yaoi fan would have no real arguments to make supporting their "gay love". It would all be based on opinion. But because of that they always have to dig up the novels and force feed them to us, lawls. "Well they kiss in the novels, therfore they're gay in the anime no matter what"...etc.
5. I don't really understand what you meant here, but what I can say is that most sensible people have already come to terms with the fact that it wasn't a real kiss. As for the same sex, well if two men or women have sex with each other, they are either definately gay/lesbian, or its considered rape. Either way this anime would never reach that, regardless of whether S and N love each other like that or not.
6. I never said that they would go as far as to change the anime into a Yaoi. I said I thought it was borderline SA. Yaoi is basicaly used to describe Hentai Shonen Ai animes. But that's not even related to No.6 in any way other than what goes on inside the female...or male perverts' mind while watching this series.
7. As far as I know only very few Shonen Ai animes would have explicit sex scenes in them. But if they did that series would also be labelled in the Yaoi Boy Love genre. Shonen Ai are really all about the romances between guys. And I think this anime could be interpretted as either Shonen Ai (from the Yaoi's perspective) and Shojo (from mine).
The difference between SA and Yaoi is that SA is higly overpoweringly male romance and Yaoi is that and then "some". It has become like this in recent years because everything is everchanging.

Thanks for respndin', I think I'm just gonna continue in episode 8 from now on, some time later cause my fingers are on their last life line. ~.~
Aug 26, 2011 10:23 PM

Aug 2011
jjoym said:

pureromanceAug 26, 2011 10:39 PM
Aug 26, 2011 11:38 PM

Aug 2011
to [T3rm1n4t0r2]

pureromance said:

so good! I can see that you talked from a wider point of view in your last reply
I mean not only from yours ^^"
so we can understand each other now =D
xD

err.. if you read well again I said that my brother watched "the 4 first episodes" of No.6
I felt unfomfortable to show him episode 5, but when he saw it by chance he said what he said
and yah, sure I don't share the anime I watch usually with my brother but with my sisters =D
Aug 27, 2011 4:01 AM
Jul 2011
fiane said:
This.

I didn't know this existed. Now that I do, I WANT to see it, badly. Deeper character. Deeper. Crazier. Much more intense plot.

the novel's being fan-translated in full here: http://9th-ave.blogspot.com/
and used to be translated here: http://ninteenpointzerofour.wordpress.com/no-6/

there's still a long way to go, though. anyway i recommend you finish the anime first?

because hahaha it's actually sorta frustrating to watch the anime if you're also following the novels. this feels like the harry potter movies to me, there are some awesome adapted scenes and awesome original ones but most of the time there's a tiny voice in your head going 'no no no no no'

still, i'm glad BONES did it, i might never have heard of the novels otherwise (maybe. i AM a fan of telepathy shoujo ran, after all. and in it, i SHIPPED THE HELL out of midori and ran, too, lol)
Aug 27, 2011 9:50 AM

Oct 2010
^ I really understand when you said it's gonna be like Harry Potter lol, after I saw episode 8 I think I'll take your suggestion. I read the summaries of the novel written in LJ but that one's not complete as well. Will wait for the next ones patiently :> Can't steer clear of spoilers, ack.

Aug 27, 2011 4:32 PM

Oct 2010
hahaha they actually kissed! i can't believe that happened.
Aug 27, 2011 11:10 PM

Aug 2009
Seriously?! People are dropping it because of a "good-night" kiss? That was a goodBYE kiss, not a good-night kiss as Nezumi was saying. Nezumi was smiling bitterly sad because he knew what Sion was really up to. And I scoffed a bit at the dancing fanservice, but then I realized it was justified because you were seeing how deeply connected their relationship was. I'm appalled, can people really be this homophobic?
Aug 29, 2011 12:52 AM
Jul 2011
yasiefu said:
I'm appalled, can people really be this homophobic?
why yes, they can! :3

...seriously, though, this makes me sad. :/some people can stick it out on a lots of shows despite all the ~homolust fanservice~ (see: code 'gay-ass') but when the emotions start getting real and serious, they drop it like a radioactive potato.

orrr maybe it was because this ep was bad. LOL sorry but this ep was kind of a mess.
Aug 29, 2011 6:27 AM
Aug 2011
julesvelzevules said:
well... considering the slot for the show...
what were you waiting for? your generic shounen never-ending stuff?
yeah, first 5 secs (after kiss scene) it looks totally gay for me. but now i'm not so sure about it.
c'mon it's not like they kissed and then had some hot night on the sofa near fireplace. yeah, they're kinda close, but right now they're not totally gay.
and... did you ever saw Shion's father? you can consider, that his mother is the only person, who raised him. in this way, his behavior is not so surprising and shocking.

it was gay. if one male lead kisses another on the lips in a completely serious situation, it's gay. naruto isn't shounen-ai people, because the kiss was a mistake, okay? BIG difference.

anyway, if the author/writers of the book and show didn't want us to think the male leads are gay then they shouldn't have had them kiss without giving an explanation for why they wouldn't consider it a weird thing to be kissing, such as that in that society, kissing on the lips isn't necessarily a sexual thing. but not only is there positively NO evidence to support that, his friend whats-her-face makes a point (after she catches her friend making out with this guy) of saying that kissing is a natural form of reproductive desire. Other than the reproductive part, that does not sound platonic to me.

the writers aren't stupid. they know how people to react to things. i can't possibly imagine that they'd allow a kiss like that if they didn't want people to think the characters were gay.

also, that thing about Shion's father doesn't make sense. just b/c someone doesn't have a dad growing up doesn't mean they'll turn out less "manly" so to speak. and it's not as though shion is a carbon copy of his mother. nezumi (funny . . . nobody feels like calling him rat . . . ) even says that shion as his mom aren't a lot alike.

anyway, there are plenty of straight guys who aren't super tough. nezumi actually always seemed more gay to me than shion.

you know, before i looked this show up, it never even occurred to me that it wasn't a shounen-ai. either way though, straight or gay, sexual desire or no, they are definitely in love, and i don't care if anyone says otherwise - that is something the writers of the freakin show can't take away from me.

who the hell has two guys kiss on the mouth in a perfectly serious situation if they don't want the characters to be seen as gay . . . ?
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » No.6 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 15, 2011

434 by Sasha_AT »»
Jun 16, 10:47 PM

Poll: » No.6 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Aug 11, 2011

166 by SouthRzVa »»
Oct 25, 2023 3:44 PM

Poll: » No.6 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jul 28, 2011

174 by SouthRzVa »»
Oct 20, 2023 3:19 PM

Poll: » No.6 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jul 21, 2011

120 by SouthRzVa »»
Oct 19, 2023 3:00 PM

Poll: » No.6 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jul 14, 2011

161 by SouthRzVa »»
Oct 17, 2023 2:56 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.