Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 16, 2010 9:10 AM

Jan 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Was somewhat expecting someone to post this. Oh well.
Stuff happened.
Tl;dr shit went nuts. That is all.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Dec 16, 2010 10:31 AM

Sep 2010
Yeah, nice boat =)
2e16nig.png
Dec 16, 2010 10:48 AM

Nov 2007
Tohru and the green hair nurse is in love??

Summary

Oosran said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Was somewhat expecting someone to post this. Oh well.
Stuff happened.
Tl;dr shit went nuts. That is all.

I was late for it...
tsubasaloverDec 16, 2010 11:34 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 16, 2010 11:01 AM

Feb 2009
insane!! LOVED it :D very strong scene with sunako as well ....beautiful!

can't believe we only have two episodes left :(
Dec 16, 2010 11:14 AM

Dec 2009
tsubasalover said:
Tohru and the green hair nurse is in love??
That was sweet.... didn't he have a crush on her before he died?
Dec 16, 2010 11:24 AM

Nov 2008
Shit has hit the fan with a side of a very nice boat and mass grave

An ultra violent and epic episode, the shiki vaporizing in the daylight was hard to watch but the bloody murder made up for it.

Dec 16, 2010 11:26 AM

May 2007
ilikeyouevenmore said:
That was sweet.... didn't he have a crush on her before he died?

Yup. Tohru admitted in episode 4 (I believe) that he wanted to go on a date with her to Natsuno. She was also teaching him how to drive before he died. Anyway, he died before he could go on a date with her.

Now we know that the crush was mutual.
BuraDec 16, 2010 11:37 AM
Dec 16, 2010 11:41 AM
Aug 2009
Sunako's monologue had me on the verge of tears. Shiki has done a really good job of switching the roles by turning Sunako into an anti-villain and Ozaki into an anti-hero.

In the end, will either side truly win? This is a lose-lose situation. The humans are exactly the same as the Shiki. They killed on massive scales. Why? Because they wanted to survive.
Dec 16, 2010 11:59 AM

Apr 2010
That liquor store owner is one scary guy.
The way he looked after he killed his son was somehow amazing.
Natsuno fighting with that sniper was also interesting to watch, we finally know his reasons for staying with the human side.
The human side was already covered in blood and they only wiped out 30% then how will they look ones everything is wiped out?

And what will happen to the key players on each side?
Dec 16, 2010 12:12 PM

Nov 2008
Looks like the humans are starting to go too far as well.

Only two episodes to go and I have no idea how it's going to end.
Dec 16, 2010 12:44 PM

Oct 2008
That was one awesome blood bath. The scary thing is that they have barely scratched the surface in terms of the number of shiki hunted vs the number inhabiting the village. I wonder what Natsuno has been up to?
Dec 16, 2010 12:52 PM

Jan 2007
Woah, this episode was brutal.
Ookawa and his beard are terrifying. He made even Toshio go "Woah now wait a minute."

Loved this episode. :D

Dec 16, 2010 12:57 PM

Dec 2007
I feel so sorry for Sunako-chan ;__;
Dec 16, 2010 1:06 PM

Nov 2010
i'd say this ep proves the humans are worse than the Shiki, at least THEY didn't kill any of their own. Even when Natsuno got his ass kicked by Tatsumi they didn't
Dec 16, 2010 1:13 PM

Jul 2009
I love this kind of situation, it makes you really think what can be done if you were in it because I honestly don't know. Sigh, stuff like this makes me hit my head on the desk.

Nonetheless, I am glad this series has turned out very well. The only thing left is to finish it off with a bang, but the manga is still continuing, so I am wondering how that'll turn out.
Dec 16, 2010 1:20 PM

Mar 2008
Waa ... ordinary people begin to kill each other. This is madness. But I like it. Sunako trembling with fear? I didn't expect this. I thought that she would react more aggressively...

Dec 16, 2010 1:27 PM

May 2007
FateSyka said:
Ookawa and his beard are terrifying. He made even Toshio go "Woah now wait a minute."

LOL, agreed. XD That's definitely saying something.

I loved how Tohru and Ritsuko cuddled up together. So tragic :(
Dec 16, 2010 1:30 PM
Dec 2007
Awesome episode. So the new shikis strategy is to control humans and make them kill their own kind. Just fantastic. The intro was simply exceptionnally violent and... right. I so love Shiki at the moment.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Dec 16, 2010 1:35 PM
Oct 2008
The shikis cannot enter the shrine so they send hypnotized humans.
Ookawa is not going to tolerate anything, he stabbed his own shikified son without a second thought!

Also, Ozaki was almost killed by Kirishiki!

I am wondering what will happen with Natsuno and I guess he will have to face Tatsumi sooner or later...

Tohru was "saved" by Ritsuko's strong will. Seeing the two together in the cage, both decided to resist the urge was a beautiful scene.

Anybody else thinks they overdid with the tears animation? To me it looked like they were too many and too big.

I can't think there are just 2 episodes left!
Dec 16, 2010 1:45 PM

Jul 2010
Dude, that's gotta suck having your eyes burned out by the sun. What a rude awakening for that guy. And that was all just crazy, dude! Blood everywhere, dragging out the Shiki from their hiding places... it just reminded me of exterminators removing vermin from a house.

Atsushi's dad is like a greek god the way he's swinging around that hammer of his and passing judgment. Loved the part where he killed his own kid.

Ritsuko's still not drinking blood, and she even managed to get Tohru to let that woman go. She seriously deserves some respect for what she's going through. I wonder how their deaths will come about? Those two shiki I'm definitely going to feel sorry for.

And then we have Sunako, who just comes up with every justification and excuse in the world. I can't wait for her and Seishin to die. Seishin's even worse than Sunako.

The look on Toshio's face at the end there kind of read, "Oh crap, I've desensitized the entire village now." They go from one extreme to the other. First they don't want to believe the shiki exist, and now they're out in mobs looking for blood. Still, you can't really blame them.

Every episode just keeps getting better.
Dec 16, 2010 1:51 PM

Jan 2009
It is really poignant that Ritsu-chan suffers from hunger but never thinks to suck her friend's blood.
I don't have a confidence to do as she do. I guess most of the people would prefer their own life to other's. I mean, Plank of Carneades.
but she never tries to harm anybody, even if she gets doomed to die. She deserves full respect.
I felt that she is more like a devout Buddhist monk than real Buddhist monk, Muroi-san...she was an authentic altruist.

well, Seishin and Sunako's dialogue was also touching, she's complaining about the world's irrationalness.
yeah, the world is full of the irrationalness as most grown-up people know.

and, it was disturbing that Ookawa-san, the boss troll, relentlessly killed his employee Matsu at one blow.
Dec 16, 2010 2:05 PM
Dec 2010
ShadowGilgamesh said:
i'd say this ep proves the humans are worse than the Shiki, at least THEY didn't kill any of their own. Even when Natsuno got his ass kicked by Tatsumi they didn't

Actually they do

It was explained that a severe punishement for disobeying the kirishiki inculdes death by being tied to a tree and burning to death in the sun
(Tohru thinks about how he was forced to drag one of the charred bodies for burial)
Dec 16, 2010 2:07 PM

Feb 2009
I seriously feel for Ritsuko. Holy, I can't imagine what she must be going through. I really cranked up my liking for this character. I never really liked her before but since she turned Shiki, she became one of my favorites. I can't believe she managed to talk Tohru into letting the nurse go, that was intense.

Atsushi's Father was freaking awesome this episode. I cannot believe how merciless this guy is, and I love it.

Sunako deserves to die, soon. I mean, I didn't mind her before but now that she's cowering in fear, afraid to die... It makes me sick. She killed so many people, taking no mercy upon them. Sure, it was to survive, but do you think those other people wanted to survive as well? Disgusting.

And I was glad for more Natsuno. Man, I love that guy.
Dec 16, 2010 2:08 PM
Dec 2010
I advise everyone who loves this anime to read the manga
its much more involved and well rounded (a lot of chapters have been cut out of these last few episodes including that toshio and a group actually went into the pipeline and how predator and prey changes in an instant)

also its shows sympathetic moments to both human and shiki while the anime focuses more on the shiki
Dec 16, 2010 2:31 PM

Mar 2010
I lived it so much i can't beleive that just 2 episode left
i bet it's gonna be the endless ending :S whitch in many anime
Dec 16, 2010 2:37 PM

Jan 2010
Shit got REAL !

they even killing live ones now ,
Dec 16, 2010 2:52 PM

Feb 2009
nice episode

i like this series simply it show a basic definition of humanity...
Dec 16, 2010 4:00 PM
Sep 2010
Watching the shiki eyes burn in the sun was kind of brutal. I feel sorry for that guy. I was kind of surprised at the amount of gore in this episode but it didn't phase me much.

I don't know what to think about Atsushi's dad. It's like he wants to kill everything in sight.

As for Sunako's little speech, I honestly didn't give a crap. As already said in the fourm, it's like she's trying to justify that she had the right to kill people. Ritsuko, however, no matter how much she is starving with hunger would rather die than kill someone. Also, Sunako is trying to turn the village to some kind of shiki haven which caused the death of hundreds of innocent village people so I'm wondering how the heck she is going to justify that. Yes, its sad that she's a little girl and a shiki, but what she is doing is pretty stupid in my opinion. I think the only way she can be at peace with herself is if she dies.

Seishin, on the other hand, confuses me. I liked him in the first couple of episodes, but now I'm not so sure. I didn't really care that he was friends with Sunako, but offering himself to the Tatsumi was a bit surprising. I understand that he doesn't want to kill, but I didn't think he was going to offer himself to the shikis like a free meal.

Lastly, I wonder what Natsuno's role is in this war. He was only been shown for a minute or two since he 'died' and he hasn't really done anything big yet.

Can't wait to find out how this all ends.
Uploader53Dec 17, 2010 6:35 PM
Uploader53
Dec 16, 2010 4:15 PM

Sep 2007
Maaan I'm totally feeling for Sunako here. I like how the story covers how she still feels fear even though she's killed so many! Totally human emotions right there! Like seriously. I mean, she's lived the prime times of her life living off of the blood of innocents, and I'm sure you'd get used to a life like that too if you were an undead murderer since you were 10. But death is still death, and it's scary. Who cares if she's justifying herself or whatever, I think her character's awesome.

And Ritsu really held out good against her hunger! Though I'm getting this gut feeling that the next time we see her, she's gonna be dead. From hunger. Y'know.

Anyhow, I feel this is gonna end with the humans obliterating all the shiki and leaving a bloody mark on the village forever or something! Like, "they're all dead now, but hell, the shit that went down here isn't gonna be forgotten!" And it'll end with some dramatic death scene for Sunako and Muroi-san. Yeah. Though I'm still hoping that Sunako gets a happy ending! As if that's really possible for a shiki though, forsaken by god and all that.
Dec 16, 2010 4:24 PM
Sep 2010
Man, Shiki has become one incredibly epic anime.

However I do feel for Sunako though. If the only way to stay alive is to feed, then shit you gotta feed.

However I still think she could have orchestrated a plan where as every night a Shiki would get its feed from another person, instead of the same person every night, therefore no one would likely die. And they could live somewhat normally.

However I understand that trying to do that plan would probably be extremely hard.

So yea, I feel for both sides. I hope Sunako, Tatsumi, Kirishiki, and Mr. Muroi live. Maybe to just escape and live somewhere happily ever after. Since the only one who would need blood would be Sunako, and Im sure they could work something out with just the 4 of them
Dec 16, 2010 4:34 PM
Dec 2010
Superluccix said:
Man, Shiki has become one incredibly epic anime.

However I do feel for Sunako though. If the only way to stay alive is to feed, then shit you gotta feed.

However I still think she could have orchestrated a plan where as every night a Shiki would get its feed from another person, instead of the same person every night, therefore no one would likely die. And they could live somewhat normally.

However I understand that trying to do that plan would probably be extremely hard.

So yea, I feel for both sides. I hope Sunako, Tatsumi, Kirishiki, and Mr. Muroi live. Maybe to just escape and live somewhere happily ever after. Since the only one who would need blood would be Sunako, and Im sure they could work something out with just the 4 of them

Kirishi who? You mean Seishirou?
Dec 16, 2010 4:46 PM

Jun 2008
Sorry, still dislike the monk.
Sunako´s speech was good but its a little bit too late for regret now.
The best in the ep was definitely Santa Claus killing everyone and the romantic scene between Richan and Tohru ;D

Jeez i want more Natsuno! he barely appeared ;_;

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Dec 16, 2010 4:49 PM

Aug 2010
Shiki episode 20 = BRUTALITY!

DEAD for Shikis!!!!!!
Dec 16, 2010 6:08 PM

Dec 2009
I always wondered y cant the shiki drink blood from blood banks instead of attack and killing humans....hmmm just a random thought...
Dec 16, 2010 6:09 PM

Mar 2010
Interesting. Manipulating the living and ordering them to kill other people without putting themselves in danger. Very clever.
And also the mentioning of how they're going to deal with the outside people(i.e. mailmen)
is a nice detail of the show.
Dec 16, 2010 6:13 PM

Apr 2010
blood an death everywhere... :3

"If only if only, the woodpecker cried, the bark on the tree was as soft as the sky" || ♪My mind, heart is broken♫
Dec 16, 2010 6:13 PM

Mar 2010
SolDeMav said:
I always wondered y cant the shiki drink blood from blood banks instead of attack and killing humans....hmmm just a random thought...

Maybe because is not easy ordering gallons of blood(you have to feed dozens of shikis) as ordering a pizza.
Dec 16, 2010 6:31 PM

Aug 2009
I want more Natsuno and Megumi. This was a pretty violent episode. And Sunako is making me confused, I can't tell which "side" to be on. xD
Dec 16, 2010 6:44 PM

Jul 2010
2 Murderer episodes left :D
Dec 16, 2010 6:44 PM

Jul 2010
2 Murderer episodes left :D
Dec 16, 2010 6:54 PM

Aug 2010
Alright, this can still go anyway. I'll definitely be glued to the last two episodes.

Also, Suanko may look like a child but she is as old as fuck. It seemed like she just recently came to the realization about her life/unlife or is still so completely unsure about it. Hasn't she been thinking about this for a long time already?
Dec 16, 2010 7:22 PM

Sep 2009
Kipcha said:
Sunako deserves to die, soon. I mean, I didn't mind her before but now that she's cowering in fear, afraid to die... It makes me sick. She killed so many people, taking no mercy upon them. Sure, it was to survive, but do you think those other people wanted to survive as well? Disgusting.
Its like you are trying to say exactly what Sunako said.

Jaymie said:
Shiki has done a really good job of switching the roles by turning Sunako into an anti-villain and Ozaki into an anti-hero.
So damn true. It unique how the show is completely unbiased for both humans and Shikis.

Orulyon said:
Sorry, still dislike the monk.
Same here >.>

Sunako's dialogues where brilliant. The VA surely did an amazing job.

Natsuno <3...Tohru <3....TohruXRicchan <3
Dec 16, 2010 7:28 PM

May 2010
That was an epic bloodbath.

Mr. Ookawa sure is a badass.. He killed his own son with using hand to stab the stake..

Sunako's monologue was thought provoking.. I've been wondering, which side is right or wrong??

And now, they're using bitten humans to kill their own kind.. Now, that's interesting..

I wonder how will this turn out..
Dec 16, 2010 7:32 PM
Jan 2009
I wonder why none of the shiki or Muroi have metioned co-existing--find a donor and not killing. Maybe that's just too easy.

These last bunch of episodes have been really good. Happy to see Natsuno again but I'm expecting him to have a bigger role and he is only seen once since he spoke with Toshio.

I guess it was only a matter of time before things got out of hand with the villagers. I thought it would've been sooner than this though.
Dec 16, 2010 7:38 PM

May 2010
tensainobaka said:
I wonder why none of the shiki or Muroi have metioned co-existing--find a donor and not killing. Maybe that's just too easy.

My thoughts exactly.. But I think she wanted her specie to multiply so they have to kill other people..
Dec 16, 2010 8:40 PM

Mar 2010
From what I see at the moment, looks like this show is going to be one for the books! (^_^) This anime is showing some seriously dramatic progression and i'm loving every second of it. The scene with Sunako was extremely dramatic and tense that I almost felt it in my bones! Very, very, very good illustration and execution by the ''VA's'' and the director. Only two more to go ladies and gentlemen! Looking forward to the next!
Dec 16, 2010 8:41 PM

Jul 2010
Very intense episode. Although the eye bursting out before the opening song kinda grossed me out.

Anyway, I'm so happy to see Natsuno again. XD And I can't believe there's only two episode left to air.
Dec 16, 2010 8:55 PM
Feb 2010
Sunako deserves to die. 'nuff said. She's just being a weenie. if it wasn't for her, this whole mess wouldn't have happened. 'nuff said. Muroi....ugh....waste of a character.

Ookawa is going batshit insane though. @.@

I'm surprised how composed Ozaki is, though.
Dec 16, 2010 9:01 PM

Jul 2008
How the hell did Sunako become an "anti-villain"? That's one of the most stupid conclusions about a character in Shiki, in the same level of that "Muroi is not an idiot" conclusion.

And "humans are the same as shiki....they also hunt other humans." Yeah right, considering that shiki have to drink human blood and eventually kill their victims while only psychopathic humans "hunt" other humans. Heck even soldiers get depressed after all those fighting, because essentially that's not natural.

Ultimately, the shiki's justifications are an ultimate fail.

You already died, you okiagari, we'll just have to make you die again.
Dec 16, 2010 9:03 PM

Jun 2010
This week's episode was pretty great and intense. I love how it shows everyone has the monster inside them. Basically, people will do what they have to do to survive, Shiki does a good job displaying this. Just waiting for Tatsumi vs Natsuno, and to see how far Seishirou's able to go with his rampage.

Damn Sunako's tears, I want to give her a hug. :(
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Muroi is one of the worst characters in anime ( 1 2 )

masaba - Mar 30, 2011

99 by JustMonaka »»
May 21, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Oct 28, 2010

185 by JustMonaka »»
May 20, 11:10 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

HawthorneKitty - Sep 2, 2010

249 by JustMonaka »»
May 19, 11:21 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Jul 29, 2010

300 by JustMonaka »»
May 18, 10:36 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Dec 30, 2010

959 by Karva1 »»
May 1, 5:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.