Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (21) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
Jul 18, 2010 1:51 PM

Feb 2007
Just finished the series today must say it was rly awsome, ending was perfect even thou i was a bit dissapointed that Mustang wasent president, but i guess he will be later on when the old guy passes on. Mustangs mustach was awsome in the ED he looks more of an authority figure with it xD

And wtf was that on Selims head looked like a nipple lol, i get it that homunculus have that mark but did he have to get it in his forehead :P.

Im glad Ed and Al finally got their bodys back even except a leg, but seriously who cares about a leg anyways after all that.

Looks like they could make a sequel as there is lots of material to work with and places we only heard about but didnt get to see.

Lets hope so.
Jul 18, 2010 5:08 PM

Oct 2008
The ending was pretty okay I think everyone had a "happy ending" and im fine with it, I think mostly the story captivated me a lot, so yes sayonara FMA and I hope Arakawa-sensei throws us another good story like this one ^^

Jul 18, 2010 5:52 PM

Dec 2008
Well it was a good run but everything has to end some time. Overall I'm pretty satisfied with the ending, I was hoping that they would elaborate on things that the manga kept brief but oh well.

I see some differences to the manga though, for example in the manga when mustang is with Dr. Marcoh he doesn't call for Havoc in order to heal his broken back. Also, at the end in the anime, Mustang is shown with a ridiculous mustache, what's up with that?
Jul 21, 2010 2:24 PM

Jun 2010
Loved it. I was very satisfied with the ending. I thoroughly discuss the ending and give my thoughts and opinions of it, as well as predictions for the FMAB movie, in this video. I don't feel like explaining it all in this post xD lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9SnU61Olbk
A N I M E & M A N G A videos:
http://youtube.com/theRAofEdwardElric

SUSTAIN THE ANIME INDUSTRY!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIIak-O1BwM
Jul 21, 2010 6:07 PM

Oct 2008
theRightArm said:
Loved it. I was very satisfied with the ending. I thoroughly discuss the ending and give my thoughts and opinions of it, as well as predictions for the FMAB movie, in this video. I don't feel like explaining it all in this post xD lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9SnU61Olbk

I see your point Right Arm <3 the only thing It left me upset was..... Roy-san's Mustache at the end of the Anime o.O wtf!? he lost is sexyness with that .__., and the fact that I never new what was the name of Scar-san >.<;; Im zetsubou shita~!!

Jul 26, 2010 8:08 AM

Oct 2008
That...was one of the best Shounen Animes I ever lived to see!!
Epic Beginning, and Even more Epic Ending!!
Loved it through and through :D
Jul 28, 2010 2:50 AM
Jul 2010
aayyye i think i speak for every1 else when i say that this was one the best shounen animes evah, c00l story,music,gave me a good laugh cute panda what else cna you hope for(A) and so on... the ending was outstanding for me and i r gonna miss it<3
j_hoonJul 28, 2010 2:57 AM
Jul 28, 2010 10:23 AM
Nov 2009
j_hoon said:
aayyye i think i speak for every1 else when i say that this was one the best shounen animes evah, c00l story,music,gave me a good laugh cute panda what else cna you hope for(A) and so on... the ending was outstanding for me and i r gonna miss it<3

lol
Jul 29, 2010 5:56 PM
Oct 2009
This reaction is surprisingly positive but its most likely because 1)the first series was so overwhelmingly melancholy throughout and 2) The ending of brotherhood was very absolute and provided relief for longtime fans of the show that had anticipation from the plot's build up from reading the manga and then switching to the anime. 3) Brotherhood ended almost immediately after the manga which once again rewarded patient longtime fans. Personally I thought that shit was crap, it was one bitch, and nearly no liquor.I aint never been a fan of no testicle festival, (scratch that, two bitches but only one was givin up the ass) where a bunch niggas is fightin. Who cares if the fate of a world, country, arm, leg, or cheeseburger hangs in the balance. The only way that this could be fixed, with me, is if the philosophers is symbolic of some quality California ganja and Ed's quest to regain his right hand is a euphemism for him tryin to beat his meat. Both of these additions would make the show far more relatable in this humble mans opinion.
Gang_OrcaJul 29, 2010 6:06 PM
Jul 29, 2010 6:00 PM
Jun 2010
Personally I thought that shit was crap, it was one bitch, and nearly no liquor.I aint never been a fan of no testicle festival, (scratch that, two bitches but only one was givin up the ass) where a bunch niggas is fightin. Who cares if the fate of a world, country, arm, leg, or cheeseburger hangs in the balance.

what ?

Jul 29, 2010 6:15 PM
Oct 2009
What I'm tryin to say is Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood need more skeezers and less dudes fightin. Sense when makin a shounen anime mean a bunch of sword fights (some literal) for some stone. Look up sword fight in urban dictionary
Aug 3, 2010 1:24 PM

Apr 2007
I actually prefer 63 to this as an episode, but this was a fine way to end the series. I really like the ending. A happy ending for these characters was so well-deserved after everything that had happened to them. And I laughed heartily at Mustang's mustache.

Anyway, man this series has been amazing. I thought the middle and Briggs arc dragged a bit, but the cumulation of everything was just really awesome. And my enjoyment of this series was on par of when I saw the original series back when it just finished airing, which is saying a lot since I was absolutely obsessed with the original series. And these last few episodes were just so good that I upped the score from a 9 to a 10.
Aug 4, 2010 7:10 AM

Oct 2008
supersayen said:
Personally I thought that shit was crap, it was one bitch, and nearly no liquor.I aint never been a fan of no testicle festival, (scratch that, two bitches but only one was givin up the ass) where a bunch niggas is fightin. Who cares if the fate of a world, country, arm, leg, or cheeseburger hangs in the balance.

what ?

nice way to express yourself mate . . LOL . .
Aug 9, 2010 2:04 AM

Jul 2010
Finally, an ending that offers some closure. At first I was really surprised by how different Brotherhood was/is compared to the original FMA anime. (Note that I never read the manga). This show was definitely the better; hands down. I can't believe I left this gem on my Plan to Watch list for so long.

Everything tied up nicely. I was sad to see Ed's alchemy go, though. That and Greed's death were the worst for me, although I knew Greed would wind up dead. But Selim living? If one of Homunculus were to live it -would- be the kid wouldn't it? Jeez...

Oh yeah, and I was a bit disappointed about there being no confessions between Roy and Liza. They were my favorite pair in this whole show and I was really hoping one of them would say something. I mean, come on! And while I'm on the subject of Roy... what the hell is with the mustache? Shave, dude.

Anyways, great show. After watching this and Durarara I think everything here on after might be a let down. I hope I can find something else good to watch! XD
Aug 9, 2010 6:27 AM

Jan 2009
Iilia said:
And while I'm on the subject of Roy... what the hell is with the mustache? Shave, dude.
Oh yeah, I did check this after finishing the anime, and just as I remembered it, that mustache wasn't present in the manga : p
Proof:
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Aug 19, 2010 2:15 AM

Nov 2007
That's how you end a series. arigatou, arakawa sensei.
Aug 20, 2010 8:06 AM

May 2010
Totally awesome ending! Looks like Ed and Winry have kids too =D
But i must say this too, Greed is the best homonculus ever!
Aug 20, 2010 9:47 AM

Oct 2009
kya.. finallt after long journey...Happy ending

and Ed-Winry have two child also.. >.<

but so sad.. in the end.. Ed's father have to passed away >.<

Aug 20, 2010 5:25 PM

Jul 2010
Misel_chan said:

Gah, I know! And Ed refused to use him to save Al... only to have him die? I mean, wth! He could still be using alchemy. The result would have been the same. Ah well.
Aug 25, 2010 7:14 PM

Dec 2007
Well, i wasn't a fan of the first season, but this second its quite good. Its still not the type of story i like the most, and i still don't like some of the characters too much. But oh well, its was nice times spent watching this anime. Good pace, good art, good sound.

Overall, i liked it. 8/10 to me
Aug 28, 2010 3:12 PM

Aug 2010
I'm still so sad that its done! Can't wait to see what they do with the movie :)!
Sep 4, 2010 5:43 PM

Feb 2009
The Elric brothers are getting older could their voices be more mature too. Mustang got a mustache * snicker* Nice happy ending.
Sep 5, 2010 11:15 PM

Apr 2010
Iilia said:
Misel_chan said:

Gah, I know! And Ed refused to use him to save Al... only to have him die? I mean, wth! He could still be using alchemy. The result would have been the same. Ah well.

So true:
Dead Dad, Living Alphonse, No Alchemy
Dead Dad, Living Alphonse, Alchemy :D

BUT Edward didn't know his dad would die, so...
Sep 12, 2010 2:08 AM

Aug 2010
whats the different between the 2 ending -_-? i watched them both and i don t see the different
Sep 12, 2010 9:11 PM
Sep 2009
What 2 endings? There's only 1 ending ...
Sep 13, 2010 5:01 AM

May 2010
One of the best endings I think i've ever seen in an anime. I'm betting that alot of ppl based their 9 or 10 ratings on the last 10 or so episodes of this series.

It managed to do it without the usual cheese overload factor as well. Each characters personality and story is so developed throughout that you really genuinely want to know what happens to them.

Ahhhhh so good
Sep 13, 2010 3:36 PM
Sep 2010
I curse my brother who forced me to watch this atrocity, this trash, this abomination of cartoon. I had to force myself to finish it. I've never seen something as horrible as this except maybe Aria the animation. What the fuck is this shit doing in top 1 ? People must be out of their minds.

This deserves at least a 0/10.
Sep 13, 2010 10:57 PM
Sep 2009
He "forced" you to watch 25 hours of a show you didn't like? How does that work?
Sep 17, 2010 4:17 PM

Jun 2009
EdwardDaemon said:
Lelouch_2010 said:
I curse my brother who forced me to watch this atrocity, this trash, this abomination of cartoon. I had to force myself to finish it. I've never seen something as horrible as this except maybe Aria the animation. What the fuck is this shit doing in top 1 ? People must be out of their minds.

I fail to understand people like you. It's like you watched it just to come here and bitch about it. If you failed to realize the potential of this show, then don't watch anime anymore.

Don't worry, He's probably a troll. Just look at his list and you'll see that it's just so messed up. Bleach=10? I'm not to usually judge people but he deserves being called a troll since he just called it 0/10 when obviously the voice acting, the animations is one of the best out there and it's a crime to say Bleach or Naruto anime is 10/10 stuff.

Yes, It was a satisfying end that ends when it actually needs to end. ( it doesn't keep on going forever) the pacing was great. I think reasons why people felt the FMA manga ending was rushed was because they couldn't tell the difference in pacing. The anime does this quite well.
Sep 19, 2010 1:31 AM

Sep 2008
A perfect show. But I must admit I gave it a 9 just because of ending. It wasn't as good as I hoped it to be. They covered most characters only in end credits, where they had 20 minutes. I really think it could have been done better.

Other than that, great show, way better than its predecessor.
Sep 20, 2010 2:02 AM

Oct 2008
Lelouch_2010 said:

LOL....
Nov 8, 2010 7:36 AM

Nov 2009
to the top

Nov 9, 2010 7:05 PM
Jan 2010
one of the best animes ever! and awesome ending! I loved the Ed/Winry part! :D now I'll just have to wait for the movie... ~
Nov 17, 2010 2:08 AM
Apr 2010
Best ending for any anime...no, epic saga, that I have ever seen!!!!

And Ed's kid looks just like him! >.<
Nov 17, 2010 7:56 PM

May 2009
Aww, it's been a while since I've watched a show that's left me into a blubbering mess, yet with a ridiculous smile on my face. I loved every second of this show.

And the picture board at the end was just beautiful - the dogs, Ed and family, Mustang and his moustache. *snicker*
Nov 21, 2010 12:41 AM

Jul 2008
I skipped the initial FMA anime because I have serious doubts about anime that diverge from the manga's story and I must say, I'm glad I waited.

It was a great series and I was thoroughly impressed. Though I'm sure there will be those people that will want to yell at me for not watching the 2003 adaptation >_>.
Nov 24, 2010 9:41 PM

Jan 2010
Goodbye, most beautiful and epic anime I have ever seen.
Nov 25, 2010 2:06 PM

May 2008
Great remake, lot's of jaw-dropping action, but personally I prefer the first series; Maybe it's just nostalgia I don't know.
8-9 out of 10.
Nov 25, 2010 2:09 PM

Nov 2010
Really, really good anime. Glad I took the time to watch it. 10/10
Nov 26, 2010 3:07 AM

Feb 2010
EPIC - that's all
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Nov 26, 2010 3:12 AM

Oct 2010
+ to my 'Plan to watch' list
Dec 2, 2010 8:13 PM

Dec 2008
A wonderful ending to a wonderful series. I now feel like I said goodbye to some close friends. *sniffs*
Dec 7, 2010 9:40 PM

Nov 2010
Loved the anime to the end - an epic finish all around.

LOL at the comments about Mustang's mustache. Maybe Marcoh did his job too well when they used the philosopher's stone to get back his eyesight and got too much in "equivalent exchange": "Well, the good news is that you can see again! The bad news... You now have a permanent creeper-stache. Oops."
Dec 23, 2010 1:36 PM

Jan 2010
Definitely one of the most epic anime I have ever seen. This is the kind of anime that I will remember forever, loved everything about this anime from beginning to end. Loved the ending too cause I'm always a sucker for happy endings. Without a doubt this anime will be remembered for decades to come.
10/10
Dec 27, 2010 11:47 PM

Dec 2010
i am so sad as i have completed watching one of my favorite animes...and that is of course FMA ....it was really cool............

i agree with Suigetsu00...i wanted to score it 100/10 ^^

*CRYS* i am really very very very sad that i have finished it.....missing Ed a lot...!!!!!
Jan 4, 2011 2:57 AM

Sep 2008
The word "epic" can't simply describe this. 11/10
Lots of new music to DL.

Wtf Roy's moustache xD
Scar looks great with a ponytail.
entauri.deviantart.com

Jan 4, 2011 7:15 PM

Dec 2010
Have to say that this series has become my all-time favorite! The characters, plot, setting, everything was handled with great care. The series was simply incredible, from start to finish.
TrainerOfLegendJan 4, 2011 7:23 PM
Jan 11, 2011 1:24 PM

Jun 2008
i have always put off watching FMA before because it didnt seem like a series i would like but a couple days ago i finally decided to watch brotherhood after being extremely bored, and i glad i did otherwise i would still be missing out on a awesome series.

Lots of action and laughs throughout the series, the plot, characters, etc... was really great, and for me the best part was the final episode, although now im left wanting to see more FMA.

10/10

Jun 2008
i have always put off watching FMA before because it didnt seem like a series i would like but a couple days ago i finally decided to watch brotherhood after being extremely bored, and i glad i did otherwise i would still be missing out on a awesome series.

Lots of action and laughs throughout the series, the plot, characters, etc... was really great, and for me the best part was the final episode, although now im left wanting to see more FMA.

10/10

Jun 2008

10/10
Pages (21) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Favorite op?

infinite_Shadows - Sep 14

26 by Mualani »»
Yesterday, 6:47 AM

» Favorite moment // Episode

Salvaged - Sep 16

38 by Mualani »»
Yesterday, 6:42 AM

Poll: » I'm the only one who likes 5th opening more ?

Kishorklr - Sep 11

40 by Gear707 »»
Sep 17, 4:57 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Apr 26, 2009

453 by Ankibank »»
Sep 15, 10:55 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - May 3, 2009

252 by chris1763 »»
Sep 15, 1:45 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.