Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 28, 2007 6:34 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Irako continues to walk on his bloody path. I would've loved to see Mie fight.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 28, 2007 7:03 AM

Jun 2007
i hope ep10 is going to be subbed soon, cant wait to watch the whole story at once... :S
Fujiki is doing weird things as well, is he not gonna get punished for leaving Mie alive? hopefully Mie's going to slice the old Kogan
Dec 29, 2007 2:30 PM

Aug 2007
Mie is creeeeping me out. She used to be a cutie
Dec 3, 2008 3:01 PM

Jul 2008
This episode wasn't as good as the last few. Irako just keeps slicing up the Kogan members.
Mar 23, 2009 3:36 PM

Feb 2009
I love this episode. All the three monsters born on that night (Iraku, Fujiki and Mie) are amazingly charismatic and scary at the same time.

Oct 17, 2009 9:12 PM

Nov 2007
Why was it exactly that Fujiki became a monster on that night?
Jun 30, 2010 6:45 AM

Jul 2008
silentknight0083 said:

its because of what happened to Iraku
Sep 5, 2010 2:53 AM

Nov 2007
Doomsday_Yomi said:
silentknight0083 said:

No, I think the question is -- "how did he become a monster?" Which I also don't really get.

Anyway, would also love to see Mie fight but I don't think it's gonna happen. I'm wondering if Fujiki loses his arm because of Siegen or because of Kogan... Surely the creepy old man has gotta do something else weird before the show ends!
Oct 26, 2010 8:40 AM

Feb 2008
One of those DEEP episode, and I like that some background characters finally reveal their motives.
Oct 29, 2010 1:25 AM
Jun 2008
I was also disappointed that Mie didn't do any slicing and dicing - it would have been awesome. That shot of her skeletal body was grosse >.<
Jan 9, 2011 1:11 PM

Feb 2010
yamakasi said:
Doomsday_Yomi said:
silentknight0083 said:

No, I think the question is -- "how did he become a monster?" Which I also don't really get.

I'd say two things that happened on that night had a deep impact on Fujiki.

1. He defeated Iraku and got back the role of the successor. But at the same time it didn't happen because he was stronger than Irako. I probably depressed him that he couldn't get back his former life through a fair fight. He may still have felt weaker than Irako which left him unsatisfied and bitter.

2. Mie's reaction made clear that shw was in love with Irako, and that Fujiki would most probably never be able to change. Assuming he loved her that means that he is responsible for the suffering of his beloved one, while at the same time the successor thing (which was the reason for inflicting the suffering/beating up Irako) is also out of reach because of her condition.

Also Irako's treatment combined with Mie's treatment (also in previous episodes) probably finally shattered his strong belief in the Kogan Dojo and his master.

So in the end he lost everything in that night, what he believed in, what he loved, what he hoped for and what he fought for.

I'd say that's enough psychological impact for one night to make you become some kind of monster.
I probably regret this post by now.
May 12, 2011 12:49 PM
Apr 2008
I'm confused. Wasn't the little boy there when Mie was swinging the sword, but isn't he supposed to be dead already? Please help.
May 26, 2011 3:44 PM
May 2009
Mixaplix said:
I'm confused. Wasn't the little boy there when Mie was swinging the sword, but isn't he supposed to be dead already? Please help.

The story where Mie steals Kogan's sword takes place before Irako's return. It basically serves to show how Fujiki came to the conclusion that Irako was behind the murders.
Mar 16, 2012 9:24 PM

Jan 2012
So Okitsu was betraying Kogan's dojo by working with Irako and Iku. :mad:
Jul 17, 2014 11:32 AM

May 2012
Great development! Really like where this is going.
Jan 31, 2015 11:46 AM
Jul 2014
It ,akes sense....
Jun 29, 2015 1:40 PM

Aug 2014
It's interesting to see the whole dojo fall apart as Irako or Fujiki kills the useless ones or betrayers one by one.
I can't wait for Irako to fight Fujiki again, Irako will wreck him for sure
Aug 6, 2016 1:07 PM

Mar 2016
Mie has gotten so much cooler
Mar 16, 2017 3:15 AM

May 2016
"She became so thin that her anus is still visible even when her legs are closed." Well...I obviously didn't need ta picture such colorful imagery ▪~▪ She prepared the certain victory stance but messed up the slash. Probably for the best.

Irako's vertical bath slash destroyed the herculean brute. That moment when the shamisen(lute idk) got faster and faster was intensifying~

It's sad that one of the Kogan Dojo higher-ups decided to cash in the deaths of his comrades to the Blind Man Association. He helped Fujiki how to write...

Sep 4, 2017 4:15 PM
May 2012
damn, that was pretty sad.
Dec 17, 2017 8:07 AM
Dec 2017
What did her dad forced feed her with?
Feb 4, 2018 2:41 AM

Jul 2017
I'm assuming that was a list of names for a potential baby at the end?
Apr 13, 2018 2:31 AM
Jun 2013
wow mie has gone to the deep end. Though idk if the anus description was necessary lol.
Mar 14, 2021 9:44 PM

Jun 2020
poor mie, she lost her mind. sadly, she fell in love with the wrong guy ~ Fujiki should have had her heart the entire time, but she gave it to a traitor.

honestly, I was expecting more gore, but this episode fell a little short in that department.

I knew it was Irako all along -____-
Apr 14, 2021 4:08 AM

Oct 2014
waifusimpin said:
poor mie, she lost her mind. sadly, she fell in love with the wrong guy ~ Fujiki should have had her heart the entire time, but she gave it to a traitor.

honestly, I was expecting more gore, but this episode fell a little short in that department.

you realise fujiki was happy to let her get raped or whatever else her father wanted right?

Apr 16, 2021 9:14 PM

Jun 2020
Trap_Traps_Traps said:
waifusimpin said:

you realise fujiki was happy to let her get raped or whatever else her father wanted right?

I watched the anime so...
Apr 26, 2021 5:35 AM

Oct 2014
waifusimpin said:
Trap_Traps_Traps said:

Doesn't sound like you did. Fujiki is trash, ge doesn't care about anything other than the sword techniquies and staying loyal to his master. He didn't even wince for a second when mie was being held down so she could be raped, he just watched. Meanwhile Irako saved her despite having his own reasons for doing so he still shows humanity and respects her.
Nov 15, 2021 11:42 PM
Feb 2015
Trap_Traps_Traps said:
waifusimpin said:

Doesn't sound like you did. Fujiki is trash, ge doesn't care about anything other than the sword techniquies and staying loyal to his master. He didn't even wince for a second when mie was being held down so she could be raped, he just watched. Meanwhile Irako saved her despite having his own reasons for doing so he still shows humanity and respects her.

What? No, at least that's not how I saw it. It's true Fujiki did nothing, and he should have, but he wasn't just ok with it, he was in that weird intense trance of his that he did when he had to withstand pain from the hot rods he had to hold. I'm assuming it was just his coping mechanism or something. It's hard to disobey the master in that situation, feudal japan was not forgiving, but like I said he should have done something.

Irako on the other hand I doubt cared for Mie, we've seen that he's a horrible person: beheading a random cat, betraying the Master, killing the kid and former fellow dojo men
He was just acting off of what would benefit him, his whole goal was to be as powerful as possible, no matter what.

Not 100% sure what happened at the end of the episode, why did Okitsu get money from those 3 guys, who were those guys, why did he try to kill Fujiki, and how does he know where which house Irako is in?
Nov 15, 2021 11:55 PM

Oct 2014
BluEye said:
Trap_Traps_Traps said:

What? No, at least that's not how I saw it. It's true Fujiki did nothing, and he should have, but he wasn't just ok with it, he was in that weird intense trance of his that he did when he had to withstand pain from the hot rods he had to hold. I'm assuming it was just his coping mechanism or something. It's hard to disobey the master in that situation, feudal japan was not forgiving, but like I said he should have done something.

Irako on the other hand I doubt cared for Mie, we've seen that he's a horrible person: beheading a random cat, betraying the Master, killing the kid and former fellow dojo men
He was just acting off of what would benefit him, his whole goal was to be as powerful as possible, no matter what.

Not 100% sure what happened at the end of the episode, why did Okitsu get money from those 3 guys, who were those guys, why did he try to kill Fujiki, and how does he know where which house Irako is in?

You've really missed the mark on these two characters. Neither are good guys but Irako at least shows humanity while Fujiki literally only cares about continuing the dojo. His interest in Mie was solely due to the fact whoever marries her is the one that follows on in his masters foot steps. (His master by the way who is beyond any doubt whatsoever the worst person in this series.)
Nov 16, 2021 12:18 AM
Feb 2015
Trap_Traps_Traps said:
BluEye said:

You've really missed the mark on these two characters. Neither are good guys but Irako at least shows humanity while Fujiki literally only cares about continuing the dojo. His interest in Mie was solely due to the fact whoever marries her is the one that follows on in his masters foot steps. (His master by the way who is beyond any doubt whatsoever the worst person in this series.)

You say I missed the mark and that Irako shows humanity, who I pointed out killed a cat, a child, and two men from his former dojo when he didn't have to. Humanity means kindness. That is quite clearly in contradiction.

Also like others I think that Fujiki does love Mie.
I agree that the master is a horrible person.
Nov 16, 2021 10:16 PM

Oct 2014
BluEye said:
Trap_Traps_Traps said:

You say I missed the mark and that Irako shows humanity, who I pointed out killed a cat, a child, and two men from his former dojo when he didn't have to. Humanity means kindness. That is quite clearly in contradiction.

Irako shows more kindness throughout the series than Fujiki ever does lol Also my points aren't up for debate they're just facts based on the anime and manga.
Nov 17, 2021 8:09 PM
Feb 2015
Trap_Traps_Traps said:
BluEye said:

Irako shows more kindness throughout the series than Fujiki ever does lol Also my points aren't up for debate they're just facts based on the anime and manga.

I have no idea about the manga, but in the anime Irako is not a kind person, unnecessary killing is not kind or humane. The only kindness he shows is not raping Mie when he was told to, but they tell us that she was going to kill herself if he did. I'm fairly certain that's the only reason he didn't have sex with her. He states only that she would kill herself, and we know that the only thing on his mind is gaining power and taking what he wants.

He sleeps with Iku, his master's woman, and cuts her off for the position of the Kogan heir, which should reinforce that he values power over other people since that's not only cruel to Iku who has feelings for him, but also disrespectful and treason towards his master.

"Irako is more humane than everyone else" isn't really a fact if there's plenty of evidence against it, and little evidence for it, but if I'm wrong feel free to give examples of where he is kind, and counter points to the arguments I brought up.
Nov 17, 2021 8:15 PM

Oct 2014
BluEye said:
Trap_Traps_Traps said:

I have no idea about the manga, but in the anime Irako is not a kind person, unnecessary killing is not kind or humane. The only kindness he shows is not raping Mie when he was told to, but they tell us that she was going to kill herself if he did. I'm fairly certain that's the only reason he didn't have sex with her. He states only that she would kill herself, and we know that the only thing on his mind is gaining power and taking what he wants.

He sleeps with Iku, his master's woman, and cuts her off for the position of the Kogan heir, which should reinforce that he values power over other people since that's not only cruel to Iku who has feelings for him, but also disrespectful and treason towards his master.

"Irako is more humane than everyone else" isn't really a fact if there's plenty of evidence against it, and little evidence for it, but if I'm wrong feel free to give examples of where he is kind, and counter points to the arguments I brought up.

You're clearly watching another series. So this conversation is over.
Nov 17, 2021 8:33 PM
Feb 2015
Trap_Traps_Traps said:
BluEye said:

You're clearly watching another series. So this conversation is over.

You're right, those are some pretty good points. LOL
Jan 7, 2022 2:35 AM

Aug 2018
Refusing to rape a girl purely because of strategic and selfish reasons is not an act of kindness. It's an act of cunning.

The only act of kindness that Irako showed in the series so far was giving his mother those things that she loved to eat. Before killing her. All because it's not a good look to have a prostitute for a mother when he's about to become the successor.
Aug 4, 2023 10:51 PM
May 2017
Okitsu got tried to living this life he tried to end it. But sadly he died instead.
Nov 8, 2023 2:27 AM
Aug 2022
Why payment for 3 cubs exactly? Didn't blind bastard take 4 of them with the gay kid included? Was he an extra?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shigurui Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - Dec 3, 2007

53 by xoxondudi »»
Mar 11, 11:53 AM

Poll: » Shigurui Episode 3 Discussion

zq - Sep 4, 2007

49 by xoxondudi »»
Mar 11, 6:54 AM

Poll: » Shigurui Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

cyruz - Jan 30, 2008

137 by JoexySun »»
Jan 11, 6:38 PM

Poll: » Shigurui Episode 7 Discussion

cyruz - Dec 2, 2007

34 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 7, 2023 4:08 PM

Poll: » Shigurui Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

_edge_ - Oct 25, 2007

58 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 7, 2023 3:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.