Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 16, 2013 9:05 PM

Jun 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn Madhouse really hyperbolized the auras in this last part of the dodgeball game, the amount Gon had was insane

Super Saiyan Gon!!!

A great conclusion to this 3 week game but it would've been cool if everything was edited together into one 40 min episode since we had 2 half episodes and one full for dodgeball. Razor can proudly stand side by side with the Phantom Troupe as great obstacles for Gon to overcome. I should also note what Razor learned from Ging about trusting and being trusted has some nice parallels with Killua and Gon. Gon saved Killua in a sense so Killua is Gon's bro for life now as noted in episode 61 with the great watercolor ending

For the second half I liked how Gon actually got scolded for being as rash as he was with Genthru. Yes I know that's a very typical trait for a Jump MC but HxH shows very well the real reprucssions it can have. Killua would've been screwed as Asta and the others were if Genthru was like "Okay I'll fight you now hehehe!" Also I find it interesting how Genthru's group just assumes Tsezgerra has the real Patch of Shore. It makes sense though, they hardly know anything about these kids but they can guess Tsezgerra's strength and his rank as a *Single Star Hunter is something to be proud of apparently. If I was Genthru though, I would be more wary that some people who have lasted as long as they have are kids when adults are dying in droves. Lastly, I got a good chuckle when Killua was noting how they're only in a game when Gon was getting engrossed in the scenario of Patch of Shore

*Concept of a "Number Star Hunter" will be brought up in the future so keep in mind anime only viewers
HybridMBLMar 17, 2013 7:12 AM
Mar 16, 2013 9:08 PM
Nov 2009
i really want to sleep, but this episode is perfect ;_;
i think im gonna watch it again xDD
Mar 16, 2013 9:16 PM

May 2010
nice ep but that pose in the beginning..ultra gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay~
Mar 16, 2013 9:20 PM

Apr 2012
Kerozinn said:

Well, now you know why Hisoka was excited to try it out when Gon mentioned it last episode.
Mar 16, 2013 9:22 PM

Feb 2008
Absolute great episode like it :)

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Mar 16, 2013 9:28 PM

Dec 2011
Finally. Although I hate that they removed Hisoka having his fingers all broken. I was waiting for that part... but I guess it is more grotesque than blood.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 16, 2013 9:34 PM

Jun 2012
Fiji said:
Finally. Although I hate that they removed Hisoka having his fingers all broken. I was waiting for that part... but I guess it is more grotesque than blood.

Hm? Pretty sure I heard bones crack when Hisoka caught the ball, I think they were mostly just dislocated in this version though
Mar 16, 2013 9:41 PM

Apr 2012
Gattai and Jan ken Guu! And let's not forget Hisoka's Bungee Gum. This episode was packed with excitement as the Death game of Dodgeball finally came to an end. It's funny how seriously Gon takes the "Patch of Shore Girl's" story even though it is only just a game (as explained by Killua).
Mar 16, 2013 9:54 PM

Feb 2012
JohnGalt89 said:
Kerozinn said:

Well, now you know why Hisoka was excited to try it out when Gon mentioned it last episode.

I'm 99.9% sure Hisoka is gay
Mar 16, 2013 9:55 PM

Apr 2012
MidnightPride said:
JohnGalt89 said:
Kerozinn said:

I'm 99.9% sure Hisoka is gay

He has a thing for strong people
Mar 16, 2013 10:13 PM

May 2011
Haha, yes, that pose was fabulous. I loved that from that they focused in on Killua being the one holding it all together. He's so wonderful, although of course Hisoka just had to have this moment to shine as well. I adore them both so this episode made me very happy.
Mar 16, 2013 10:16 PM
Aug 2012
Hisoka gets all the glory, then just leaves the group. See ya

Mar 16, 2013 10:58 PM

Jan 2009
holy shit the bungee gum can contract and expand and also become sticky, now i think that Hisoka can really rival Gon since Gon is all about power and that Hisoka can just reduce that power by making a cushion out of bungee gum, great episode!!!

Mar 16, 2013 11:11 PM

Aug 2012
They never fail to deliver a good episode this series is so good

Mar 16, 2013 11:13 PM

Sep 2012
God damn, I haven't noticed it but this episode really showed me how great the soundtrack is for this arc. The song used during this episodes and last episodes dodge ball game and the song used in Episode 65 when the bombers were blowing everybody up are incredible.

The scene where Hisoka was flinging the ball back was amazing, Gon feeling sympathy for a NPC was hilarious as well
Mar 16, 2013 11:24 PM

Sep 2012
For a second I took the story in the game seriously and then had a good laugh at Killua's reaction.
The tutorials at the end of each episode is a good way to end an episode. It's cute and fun and I look forward to it every week.
Mar 17, 2013 12:14 AM

Dec 2011
Can someone explain the end about the deal Gon's team made with the one week stalling, and then it somehow tuned into three weeks and what is going on??? The sub version I watched was not really good and made the explanation for the deal very confusing.
Mar 17, 2013 12:19 AM

Dec 2012
I wanna see what's the power of ging.

Mar 17, 2013 12:33 AM
Oct 2009
Nice Hisoka =) I expected a lot from him and he delivers <3

it looks like they found the guy who can remove the nen, I think he is the black guy who removed the nen bomb from his shoulder in a previous episode.

so somehow Gon's team have 3 weeks? good enough for Gon to train.. as for Killua I don't think he need training he didn't even bother to use his new ability yet.

Overall great episode as always.
Mar 17, 2013 12:34 AM

Apr 2012
AyahNoorah said:
Can someone explain the end about the deal Gon's team made with the one week stalling, and then it somehow tuned into three weeks and what is going on??? The sub version I watched was not really good and made the explanation for the deal very confusing.

Essentially the idea was that if Tsezguerra and his group simply ran away, then they could buy Gon and company about a week. If they actually attacked the enemy with hit and run type tactics, however, then they could extend that time to three weeks - but in exchange for taking on that extra risk, they wanted Gon's copy of the "Lucky Alexandrite" card. Does that make sense?
Mar 17, 2013 12:40 AM

Nov 2011
What's the difference between an original card and a cloned card?

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Mar 17, 2013 12:47 AM

Mar 2012
Clone cards got no swag
End Zionazism
Mar 17, 2013 2:20 AM

Nov 2011
So it's merely for deception?

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Mar 17, 2013 3:09 AM
Oct 2009
Zee530 said:
So it's merely for deception?

it can also be used to fill the card spots

so they got the #2 card, but other people can still get it because it has a limit of 3.

So they use clone to make it impossible for players to obtain since there are 3 on the system
Mar 17, 2013 3:13 AM
Mar 2012
excellent episode, not dragged not rushed and nothing skipped
Mar 17, 2013 3:44 AM
Sep 2008
Hybridbloodszak said:
Fiji said:

Hm? Pretty sure I heard bones crack when Hisoka caught the ball, I think they were mostly just dislocated in this version though

Well, you guys must pay attention to the details

Mar 17, 2013 3:57 AM
Sep 2012
Surprise after surprise after surprise, that scene was really awesome xD

I like how Killua gets more credit than the main character and he's the one who gets praised for doing his job the best..and then the whole match, is won by Hisoka, they don't give everything to the main character which makes everyone interesting

Also Gon actually passing out after using all his aura, unlike Naruto who pretty much runs out of chakra, 800 times in a fight is awesome. It also, like the many deaths in the series, makes everything intense because a threat, is actually a threat as shown that it might really happen.

But what makes it stand out the most is how it's more layered than your average shonen like Naruto or OP, when Gon goes all "yea I'll fight you derp bring it on", but it isn't that simple, he doesn't just proceed to pwn him...he gets told off and they all tell him how stupid and selfish that was, just like when he tried to climb the zoldyck walls, and they stop him and go plan ahead while letting their injuries heal and having Tsezguerra stall the bomber

This is the most original, least cliche, most well-written shonen I have seen..so far

5/5 can't wait for the Troupe >.<
Mar 17, 2013 4:15 AM

Nov 2010
^
Gon AND Killua are both main character, what are you saying.
Mar 17, 2013 4:23 AM
Sep 2012
No. Gon is the "real" main character so...
Mar 17, 2013 5:07 AM

Dec 2009
This was much slower than I expected! But it was still a good transition episode nonetheless.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Mar 17, 2013 5:35 AM

Feb 2011
HurricaneSweet said:

I like how Killua gets more credit than the main character and he's the one who gets praised for doing his job the best..and then the whole match, is won by Hisoka, they don't give everything to the main character which makes everyone interesting

Also Gon actually passing out after using all his aura, unlike Naruto who pretty much runs out of chakra, 800 times in a fight is awesome. It also, like the many deaths in the series, makes everything intense because a threat, is actually a threat as shown that it might really happen.

But what makes it stand out the most is how it's more layered than your average shonen like Naruto or OP, when Gon goes all "yea I'll fight you derp bring it on", but it isn't that simple, he doesn't just proceed to pwn him...he gets told off and they all tell him how stupid and selfish that was, just like when he tried to climb the zoldyck walls, and they stop him and go plan ahead while letting their injuries heal and having Tsezguerra stall the bomber

This is the most original, least cliche, most well-written shonen I have seen..so far

What are you on about? Every time Luffy (OP) makes a decision which is reckless, his crewmates call him out on it.
HxH is amazing, but quit with the damn comparisons/
Mar 17, 2013 6:04 AM
Oct 2009
HurricaneSweet said:

OP is not Naruto.. it is actually a well written manga, one of the best actually.

for example, in One Piece,

HxH is up there with it, Even though Togashi doesn't give a shit about the quality of the manga. at least we have this version to compensate for it.

Moderator edit: Spoiler tagged a spoiler of One Piece.
TachiiMar 17, 2013 1:54 PM
Mar 17, 2013 6:05 AM
Sep 2012
^ Not really, all they do is punch him in some funny way and their eyes become white and their teeth gets so sharp and stuff, (maybe Sanji's legs starts flailing randomly at him in weird animation) but he still continues doing stupid things so all of the above is just wasted screen-time :O

@sword

Sometimes Naruto's better, sometimes OP is better, sometimes Bleach so they are all kinda the same to me.

So far hunter x hunter has proved to be on a whole different level
HurricaneSweetMar 17, 2013 6:09 AM
Mar 17, 2013 6:22 AM
Oct 2009
@HurricaneSweet

Bleach? ok now your spitting bunch of crap lol

that doesn't make any sense.. all of Luffy fights are done very well, luffy does not go SS like you said, he slowly progress and even lost all of his crew at one point and needed to train for 2 years to enter the NW.

Hell even the Haki was there since chapter 1, not an asspull like the Forbidden fountain of techniques the uchiha have.

and Luffy is Reckless and not caring, That's his character so what?

Gon is selfish and sooo self-centered does that make any of the shows bad? hell no!

Edit: ummm just a clarification, I am talking about OP manga, The anime is pure crap especially since its 1episode per chapter so they add a lot of filler and exaggerate a lot. but the manga is epic dude don't compare it to naruto & bleach.
mrswordMar 17, 2013 6:30 AM
Mar 17, 2013 6:34 AM
Sep 2012
mrsword said:
@HurricaneSweet

Bleach? ok now your spitting bunch of crap lol

Why it's pretty decent. You people only hate on it because it seems cool. In fact most of what people from other fanbases find faulty in Bleach, can be found in 10 places in their own series

that doesn't make any sense.. all of Luffy fights are done very well, luffy does not go SS like you said, he slowly progress and even lost all of his crew at one point and needed to train for 2 years to enter the NW.

SS? I said he always screams and shouts at his enemies and then starts fighting them, being an idiot and all that has little to no repercussions, he kept shouting at the world goverment and challenged them in enies lobby and then he gets to win and every thing is all fine, being stupid and rash is something is not very dangerous and that takes from the impact of the moment and is in itself kind of simplistic writing (bad too :P)

Hell even the Haki was there since chapter 1, not an asspull like the Forbidden fountain of techniques the uchiha have.

Who's talking about Haki :/ (although OP does have its share of asspull in it)

and Luffy is Reckless and not caring, That's his character so what?

Gon is selfish and sooo self-centered does that make any of the shows bad? hell no!

Only because he actually pays for it. If it was luffy, he'd say the exact same line as gon, everyone would scream, but he'd beat genthru right there anyway, Killua will either win via power-up despite injury or take this arc off and make up for it in the next, untouched, like that stupid decision never had any consequences.

HxH seems to be bigger than that, not only does it take this time to build up the story but also it proves to be more realistic!
Mar 17, 2013 6:48 AM
Oct 2009
Like when luffy got completely destroyed against Aokiji? the reason that made him evolve and find Gear 2?

Like when the crew got annihilated by Kuma?

At SA when the Admiral came and shattered the whole crew?

When he burst into Imple down against Magellan and magellan shit on his face?

When Ace died on his arms despite him doing everything he can?

When he almost died against Crocodile and needed to come with strategy?

that's just on top of my head..

No consequences? do you even read one piece?

Edit: removed a point cuz of it being a spoiler =p
mrswordMar 17, 2013 6:58 AM
Mar 17, 2013 6:53 AM
Nov 2009
Hey guyz, One Piece is a shit.

Just joking, i really like One Piece. xD I really like One Piece, but this is "typical battle shounen" with elements of parody. HxH aren't typical "battle" and "shonen". In category of typical battle shonens the best is One Piece, but HxH is not the same type of anime...
Mar 17, 2013 7:05 AM

Jun 2010
G.I is nearing its conclusion. Can't hope for a better adaptation. Madhouse!
Mar 17, 2013 7:08 AM

Apr 2011
Seriously the ball looked pretty, i was hoping it would explode but it was still epic.
Mar 17, 2013 7:19 AM
Sep 2012
mrsword said:
Like when luffy got completely destroyed against Aokiji? the reason that made him evolve and find Gear 2?

Like when the crew got annihilated by Kuma?

At SA when the Admiral came and shattered the whole crew?

When he burst into Imple down against Magellan and magellan shit on his face?

When Ace died on his arms despite him doing everything he can?

When he almost died against Crocodile and needed to come with strategy?

that's just on top of my head..

No consequences? do you even read one piece?

Edit: removed a point cuz of it being a spoiler =p

1. OK he paid for the stupid decision, what does that mean? Did he learn his lesson? Nope, he kept doing it afterward, so it didn't mean anything and my point is still valid. Conveniently enough he let them live so there was no real consequence there. Gon ultimately decided to actually calm down, play it smart, cuz the other way would have definitely got them killed

2 and 3 are the same point, and same explanation as point #1

And guess what? He still got out as if nothing happened, beat the crap out of magellan, ruined his job and got many people out of there. "being stupid and rash pays off", this is actually a perfect example of it :S

Ace's case is not really relevant to what luffy did, BB caught him, WG decided to you know what, he simply failed to save him, not really relevant to our discussion

"almost died" against him. But he came back harder,faster, stronger and beat him. In Hxh that would have probably cost him half of his roomates, Ussop would have definitely died being left on his own because of Gon's decisions if that happened

Yep, no consequences :P
Mar 17, 2013 7:54 AM
Jul 2012
man, i think it was cool that tzeshahsha whatever his name scoleded gon, because it seems he never listens to anyone. Little Gon's growing up :D
Mar 17, 2013 8:05 AM
Sep 2012
I like when tzeshahsha said "nazewazewazewazazzuzuwa"
Mar 17, 2013 9:13 AM

Dec 2012
Pedoclown formation never fails to amuse me!

5/5

I'm sad G.I is ending, but at the same time I'm excited it's getting closer to C.A.
Mar 17, 2013 9:14 AM
Nov 2009
HurricaneSweet said:

HAHA, THIS SCENE MAKE ME LAUGH SEVERAL TIMES IN OVA, AND IN VERSION THIS IS FUNNY TO XDD
Mar 17, 2013 9:16 AM
Sep 2012
Rutger said:

5/5

I'm sad G.I is ending, but at the same time I'm excited it's getting closer to C.A.

Where does that arc take place?

Mikisi said:
HurricaneSweet said:

HAHA, THIS SCENE MAKE ME LAUGH SEVERAL TIMES IN OVA, AND IN VERSION THIS IS FUNNY TO XDD

Hehehe I just checked the ova it's even funnier because it's faster :P
Mar 17, 2013 9:28 AM

Aug 2010
Hisoka stole the glory at the end. Hisoka is a really interesting character. He's neither on the good or bad side. I'm hoping he teams up more with the main cast in the future. Killua is awesome. He sure has a lot of potential, just like Biscuit said.

5/5
Mar 17, 2013 9:35 AM

Sep 2012
Shit Just Got Realll!!
Mar 17, 2013 9:50 AM
Oct 2011
-GiaN- said:
I wanna see what's the power of ging.
In the manga the only power we were able to see for him is

HurricaneSweet said:
Rutger said:

5/5

Where does that arc take place?
On another continent.
Mar 17, 2013 10:09 AM
Oct 2009
What the.. Seriously who disliked this episode?

we should be able to see who vote on each option DX I bet we will see a troll or 2 who dislike every episode

(Popularity. That' the reason :/)

Popularity is the reason why Naruto is number one and bleach is 2 (favorite section) overrated shows. but in the Rating section you can see their true place =)

good try though
Mar 17, 2013 10:12 AM
Mar 2012
After a few Good and really good episodes (that made me appreciate more this remake) I'm back with another "Rant"

Madhouse is really good when it comes to animation. I mean the intensity of the throws, dodges and catches are undeniable. BUT i don't really get their drift... They went all happy with the cheerful Pallete in the begining. And now the court seems pretty gloom, the backgrounds give me a creepy dark and dim feel and overall I'd loved to see a bright gym. But my main complain... Has to be the lack of music on tense situations. They (as i said) are really good animators, but direction overall feels lacking. The animation of the Ova is really easy to top 'cause it's more like a slideshow to begin with, but the intensity the choice of music gaves it, it's undeniable.

Youtube links to the comparison of Combine + Last part of the game
Tell me what do you think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BqojKCL2dg Skip to 3:18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMDt6Auax-E

Also mode A,B,C ( OST from the ova are awesome :D )

Great episode nonetheless
kronoxSMar 17, 2013 10:15 AM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 105 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2013

150 by oozePOP »»
9 hours ago

» Knov's shoes

Guaxinito - Yesterday

2 by MER0S »»
Yesterday, 6:57 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 131 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 27, 2014

1046 by Ougi0Best0Girl »»
Sep 20, 3:25 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 100 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ValeBreck - Oct 15, 2013

162 by samagra7 »»
Sep 19, 11:19 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 148 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Sep 23, 2014

933 by LizIsListing »»
Sep 18, 1:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.