Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 22, 2012 11:52 AM
Dec 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Episode>
There could have been more of romantic ending between the two (four) of them or at least "few years after"part

I don't get what went through Karla's mind. How did she come up with idea that creating supreme god of death who kills everything on island could possibly maintain balance of power, so one side or other would never become too strong... That god was super strong unbalancing element in the first place.

Overall >
Not bad anime, it could be much better if they focused all episodes around same characters, their accomplishments and developments.
For show tagged as romance i'd expect little bit or romantic part.
I like RPG feel it gives. Reminds me of some party based D&D games i've played over the years.
Very nice OP/ED
7/10

Sent with Mal Updater
KinetaNov 25, 2012 10:26 AM
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Dec 13, 2013 7:50 PM

Feb 2012
wpw, i didnt see that end coming.
The final decision that Spark has to make is incredibly profound and compelling.
Loved this seires, one of the best ive seen in years, and that is something.
Dec 10, 2017 12:20 AM

Dec 2015
The (light) dilemma was a nice way to conclude the series. I was expecting something more... muscled.
[ TO FILL ]

4/5

Overall:
Usually bad-looking but worthy conclusion of the island's story.

Score: 7/10 Can't wait to read the Spark novels and get more out of the second party.

March 6, 2021
Zut, I never came back to write in better conditions. XD (This would require another viewing, since I only remember beind baffled by Karla's methods...)
Rei_IIIMar 6, 2021 7:13 AM
Mar 9, 2021 3:02 PM

Aug 2017
Orson's theme once again! Of course death spirits kill everyone except the heroes in the epicenter >_< But at least this series remembers that priests can be useful.

Karla's intentions were the strangest to me. How is installing an eternal kingdom of the dead with nothing to counter it achieves "balance"? Would she even survive Kardis' revival? Can her circlet possess the dead?

Regarding the battle with Wagnard: what about just throwing projectiles at him?...RPG parties should have archers xD And Greevus forgot his crossbow in Kanon, I guess.

Absence of Wort from the series surprised me.

...and they lived happily ever after. Nice to see the narrator say something different at the end :p Surprisingly better than the OVA in most things except drawing quality. Better conclusions to the characters' paths (especially Ashram and Orson), a bit more emotion between the characters, and overall a smoother and nicer ending with the goddess actually reborn but overcome through an expected, but a compelling battle of willpower.

P.S. The OP was Leaf's doing all along! And Yoko Kanno's...
St0rmbladeMar 9, 2021 3:52 PM
Oct 13, 2021 2:20 AM
Apr 2018
11:28 What's worse is when KARDIS laughed at SPARK and said "In the end, this is the limit of man." ----> That kinda pissed me off, because she spoke as if she considered SPARK as the man among men, LOL!

1. So, WAGNARD was useless, after all. Looks like all the development was for naught!

2. ASHRAM, DEEDLIT & PARN were my favorite character, especially when they turned more mature after episode 8.

3. I believe that the 'fast pacing' ruined every other aspect of this show (except music & ost). Every episode felt like a promo video.

4. Music and the Ost songs were great!

5. What a waste of time! ----> But I assume this show was used to refine the fantasy genre based shows even further in its coming decades. For that, I'm really thankful towards this show!

6. DEEDLIT & PARN together! ----> A great way to end the show imo.

7. To the south of the continent of Alecrast, lies an island called Lodoss. But there are no longer any who ever call it the accursed island.

*Sigh*
What a relief now that this show is over! This show is an ancestor to many great fantasy shows that exist today,& this was made under different circumstances, but that isn't an excuse to rate it high.

Overall : (2/5).

Thank You!
Feb 7, 2022 2:04 PM

Dec 2010
Well, that ended rather quickly. Dunno how accepting Naneel into her body suddenly ended up summoning Marfa. Also isn't it kinda unfair how her summoning took like a few seconds compared to the one required for Karla? Having her disappear immediately after Marfa's appearance was also a bit lazy, you'd think they would have at least a small fight.
I feel like Naneel was also severely underused. Just imagine introducing the sexiest design in the last 2 episodes...
Since I took almost a year to finish this anime I don't exactly remember all of it, especially the first arc with Parn before the timeskip, but I do think it was a worthy entry into the Lodoss franchise. Many people overlook this TV Series in favor of the OVA, and I can kinda see why, but I wish more would give it a chance. Anyone that likes high fantasy will definitely get something out of this show. It is certainly not as beautiful as the OVA, both in animation and drawing quality, but it is still an epic fantasy you don't find too often.
Maybe when someone in or outside of Japan eventually decides to give this one the same remaster treatment as the OVA and releases it in crispy high definition quality more people will give it a chance. I might also decide to rewatch it if it ever happens, whether that be in 5, 10 or 30 years.
Also that opening is definitely the undisputed number one fantasy opening of all anime ever released!
Nov 17, 2022 8:16 PM
Oct 2022
im pretty new to anime, but this was by farrr my least favorite series i've watched, and reallly made me feel guilty for being so into cartoons as a 35 y/o. This is some thinnnnn soup - the dialogue on the English dub is a fcking joke and might only appeal to infants that have never heard a story before and have no idea how people talk.
Feb 28, 2023 9:57 AM
Oct 2022
Despite the anime having a lot of faults, that ending is gold :)
It really did give a feeling of closure, and it was nice seeing everyone more or less doing well.
Spark impressed me with his composure toward the end; he really did pull through; without him, it would have all ended horribly.
My only gripe is how Karla was defeated so quickly, and the looming question of what happens after Leylia took her. What will she do with her? 
ChrisDCFeb 28, 2023 10:05 AM
Feb 28, 2023 9:58 AM
Oct 2022
Manu_ said:
wpw, i didnt see that end coming.
The final decision that Spark has to make is incredibly profound and compelling.
Loved this seires, one of the best ive seen in years, and that is something.
Spark instantly gained my respect. It really was a tough call
Oct 27, 2023 1:24 PM

Nov 2010
I didn't get it lol

Wagnard was trying to resurrect Kardis for 4-5 episodes, so they killed him and Karla that tried to help him and rescued Neese, but actually Neese remembered that Karla uttered the final spell before dying and she rewind till she was possessed by Kardis.

Kardis was possessing Nesse but she was floating stuck at the same place (?) then appeared a giant woman shadow thing, she laughed a lot and she sucked Spark to Neese's mind (I think that it was her mind but the show didn't explained it properly) and the red haired girl there as Neenel the death priestess or something instead of Kardis (??) that was Neese's alter ego or something, Spark and Neese talked, then she accepted Neenel and somehow she instantaneous summoned the good goddess that she worship, Marfa. Marfa killed Kardis and that's it, wtf what happened LOL

Then Marfa asks Spark if he wanted to save the girl or eternal peace and happiness and he chose the girl. Neese will grow old and die at some point, but eternal peace is eternal (duh).

Also if Neese's body would be destroyed if Marfa was resurrected why it wasn't destroyed when Kardis resurrected? Also, they didn't explain the whole spell, doorway thing but at least Spark got promoted to a knight.

Overall I didn't like this series, it isn't as good as the OVA.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lodoss-tou Senki: Eiyuu Kishi Den Episode 1 Discussion

Confucius - Aug 14, 2011

12 by Dizzy-san »»
May 3, 3:15 PM

» is this sequel or remake of OVA?

wolfwing - May 23, 2018

4 by MrCruesliPants »»
Mar 11, 1:01 PM

Poll: » Lodoss-tou Senki: Eiyuu Kishi Den Episode 25 Discussion

Doutei-kun - Oct 12, 2021

2 by ChrisDC »»
Feb 24, 2023 2:58 PM

Poll: » Lodoss-tou Senki: Eiyuu Kishi Den Episode 20 Discussion

Confucius - Sep 18, 2011

9 by ChrisDC »»
Feb 22, 2023 7:22 PM

Poll: » Lodoss-tou Senki: Eiyuu Kishi Den Episode 7 Discussion

Confucius - Aug 16, 2011

7 by ChrisDC »»
Feb 21, 2023 10:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.