Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 24, 2010 6:13 PM

Feb 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So...can't spoil much considering it's duscussion about the last chapter.
At some point i started suspecting that Nagi's sick and that would be the reason he pretended not to care about Kiriko.
Also hated it when Mei tried to take Maki back to the academy and did it,although with the resolve of the story coming so fast i managed to forgive her.She was quiet annoying a few times though.
It was great when Mayumi hesitated to give his the pills to his father,cause he was a d*ck and when it turned out that his sister actually changed the pills and the father would die either way i couldn't be more proud of her.
I like the art style,also realy liked the character designs,especially Kirikos and Nagis are quiet good imho.The story was decent and i could say i enjoyed it so it's gonna be 8/10 from me.

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Nov 27, 2010 4:57 AM

Jun 2010
Yeah, the story was great, and I particularly enjoyed the last chapters. :D
8/10 for me too. ^^
Nov 28, 2010 8:01 PM

Sep 2008
It was a good series but because I read it all in one go it felt unfocused. The development was great during the beginning but afterward started to seem rushed. Also was the reasoning and actions behind some characters decisions towards the end.

I'm wondering if the mangaka didn't know what they really wanted and started to go in a direction that ended it faster.

I do have one problem with the series, its reasoning. I'll give into an academy that is a lab for human experiments but what really drove me was after half way through and students were running away and then brought back, why weren't they redrugged. Why at this one point do they stop? There were questions about the characters personality that I thought was lacking and it really bugged me.

Anyways I enjoyed the series, to an extent, but only managed to give it a 5/10. Great start but the later half was really embarrassing.
Dec 4, 2011 3:39 AM

Sep 2007
Turbe said:
Anyways I enjoyed the series, to an extent, but only managed to give it a 5/10. Great start but the later half was really embarrassing.
5/10?! That looks a little bit too harsh ^^'
Anyway, I think it was a great manga that I haven't read for while. Although, I agree that from some point it started to rush too much, but maybe it was for the best, because if I'd had to read more such struggling that those children experienced, It would easily become too static and no longer intriguing. For me it was just about right amount of storytelling and plot.
Although I'm still not familiar with author's works, I instantly noticed the quality of her art. I love when mangakas precisely put efforts in their drawing and the neat yet a little bit rough lines are presented. This was just the right candy for me :}
Trying to look objectively, I think this manga is worth something about 7-8/10 but adding my enjoyment overall is worth 9/10 ^^
Nov 13, 2012 4:30 AM

Jun 2009
That ending was about as lame as it can get...

I expected something totally different when I started reading this manga. Wanted more focus on the mystery part. Still decent, but also a little disappointing.

7/10
Jul 11, 2013 1:59 PM

Dec 2011
grandy_UiD said:
That ending was about as lame as it can get...

I thought the ending was quite good. It wrapped up everything neatly.

I really liked the manga, and thought the plot was very clean and carefully sculpted -- perhaps a little too much? The author never deviates from the story, but also leaves out technical details that are insignificant to the plot... in the end, the lack of these details leave little to the imagination.

To mediate that, the author did focus on the emotions and psyche of the characters... but with very little fanfare. It's alright with me, but it might have been nice if the psychological aspect was played up a little. Looking at it from a different perspective, just like their black and white uniforms, the way the characters display their emotions is a "side-effect" of their muted lifestyle within the academy.

Can you tell that I really like this manga? The story-telling, characters, and art are all great. Some things could be tweaked a little better, but there really isn't anything I dislike about this manga. 9/10
Sep 7, 2014 3:47 PM

Nov 2011
Eh, that was pretty underwhelming. I was hoping Nagi or someone would at least make one memorable moment..

Sigh, 5/10. This had some good potential.
Aug 10, 2019 4:55 AM

Dec 2015
And so, everything is wrapped up. The "romantic" outcome was predictable since this was the typical "formative" first love so the conclusion was logical enough.

3/5

A very classical story: secluded people, altered memories & secret organization. The focus on the characters "emotions" was a good idea for such a short series.

5.5/10

More topics from this board

Poll: » The Hour of the Mice Chapter 36 Discussion

Mayusu - Nov 2, 2012

2 by Rei_III »»
Aug 10, 2019 4:41 AM

Poll: » Hatsukanezumi no Jikan Chapter 30 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2014

1 by Rei_III »»
Aug 10, 2019 4:36 AM

Poll: » Hatsukanezumi no Jikan Chapter 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2014

1 by Rei_III »»
Aug 10, 2019 4:30 AM

» Volume 2

twerp_ - Jun 15, 2015

1 by Rei_III »»
Aug 10, 2019 4:28 AM

Poll: » Hatsukanezumi no Jikan Chapter 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2014

1 by Rei_III »»
Aug 9, 2019 3:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.