Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 18, 8:57 AM

May 2020
It really is something to be in character every walking second of the day lol. But I’d say Rin should refrain from asking how her characters look, at a face value, as I mean those drawings or whatever Eiji made gives the most wrong impression, ever. But hey, you can say in the end he’s the only one who could sense her presence without even looking at her face even in a crowd lol. Liked how he has his priorities straight, even when Rin is putting up a show with characters like some student council president or some super serious girl with stiff face xD

By the way, intentionally or unintentionally, these guys have kind of confessed more than once already, and we’re just at the third episode. Actual thing will come later down the line, but yeah, I wonder how many “confessions” we would’ve been through by then.
Jul 18, 8:57 AM

Dec 2021
New character added to the harem!

Thinking you know a woman because of a book... yeah I think watching an anime is even better than that lol. This is Eiji we're talking about though, only a dimwit like him would think like that ofc. That aside, can't believe this dude Eiji pulled up to the date with his school club shirt lmao. Dude really is a dimwit. Got some scared-chan and scared Eiji this episode.. ig? Lmao.

Damn though, Rin had a maniacal ass laugh when she took a photo of young Eiji. That aside, Eiji got trolled hard this episode by tsundere and little devil-chan. Dude really thought he got a love letter from both. He should've answered to tsundere-chan tbh. And at least Eiji has admitted to wanting to love someone. That's one step closer to loving Rin.

Rin put herself in a tricky situation by saying younger girls lol.

Jul 18, 8:58 AM

Apr 2016
It was only a matter of time before the little devil-chan causes a physical harm, here i said it ... MC-kun better watches his back from the other girls now, lol.
Jul 18, 9:32 AM

Jul 2016
Do not under any circumstances let "President Nanakura" anywhere near anyone at a convenience store offering a night of karaoke (other than Eiji of course)

Slipping in her actual love letter among the fakes is such a massive goof I almost thought it was from an actual rival admirer at first lmao
Jul 18, 9:55 AM
Jul 2023
The scene where Rin taking pictures of smol Eiji is adorable, the cutest hehe I’ve ever heard.
Jul 18, 10:01 AM

Feb 2019
Rin’s student class president role is literally Nakagawa Nana/Yuuki Setsuna aka my oshi from love live. Now I love her even more lmao! Another really cute episode with some adorable skits.

My fave scenes today were the head pats, love letter and Rin and Eiji looking at his childhood pics, really adorable! I don’t think Rin will be cutting her hair anytime soon with how much eiji praised her today and I love how giddy and happy she gets just looking at pics of Eiji being happy. Rin gotta be more careful though, Eiji almost read her real love letter to him 😂

Imp chan gonna end up being the villain of the series ain’t she lol? The button scene was also cute and for once Rin refused to switch characters because of how nice it was to hear eiji “confessing” 🥰

This show is always such a relaxing and fun time
Marinate1016Jul 18, 10:37 AM
Jul 18, 10:07 AM

Mar 2021
Rin is such a cutie no matter the character especially this episode with Student class president Rin making an appearance.
Jul 18, 10:20 AM

Jan 2023
Loved how many adorable and cute flirting moments we got this week.
The real confession letter with the the fake ones was quite the mix-up on her part haha!
Jul 18, 11:18 AM

Jan 2024
Weekly dose of over sweetness & Bestest Girl ever.

New girl Demure chan joins the harem.
Eiji headpating Rin, exchanging second button, Rin clicking photos of his album and specially Rin giving "fake" love letters all of these moments were just too cute.
Both have unintentionally confessed many times, just get married already.

Also Rin may have pushed him to be Lolicon.
Jul 18, 11:21 AM
Feb 2020
Best couple of the season and not even close.Another eps with grinning the whole way thru,their chemistry is just too good.

Honestly glad the studio dont try to do anything fancy and fell short elsewhere but focused on the most important part that is their banter.
Jul 18, 1:06 PM
Nov 2015
Hayami Saori is the best seiyuu ever.

And I will die on that hill defending her.
Of those who say nothing, few are silent.
=-Thomas Neil-=
Jul 18, 1:35 PM
Jul 2024
Die chan minni eier lecke
Jul 18, 1:57 PM
Apr 2023
Builder45 said:
Best couple of the season and not even close.Another eps with grinning the whole way thru,their chemistry is just too good.

Honestly glad the studio dont try to do anything fancy and fell short elsewhere but focused on the most important part that is their banter.

Yh, definitely best couple by far. Their chemistry's just too good
Jul 18, 2:43 PM

Oct 2014
Another cute episode
From the first part where Eiji said he wish he was in love. To be fair i understand why they have these dense characters, u really cant tell if they are flirting with you or just being nice.

When they’re talking about speaking in Keigo. Dropping it basically implies they are close.

That Dai-ni button, she couldn’t help herself hearing Eiji confess.

The photo album and that love letter mix up was so good.

The show isn’t that deep, however it’s one of the shows i keep looking forward to this season.
Jul 18, 3:28 PM

May 2019
While it sounds like Rin wants Eiji to know that she, and not her alter egos, likes him she keeps backpedaling especially when she accidentally put her real love letter with the 2 from her alter egos but I can see how that would be embarrassing lol.
Jul 18, 4:10 PM

Jul 2022
New characters unlocked: the student council president and the refined one. This anime continues to be one of my favorites of the season because of how cute, fun, and relaxing it is, but I have just one question: Will Eiji ever realize that Rin has a crush on him?

Let them become boyfriends, damn it!

Jul 18, 5:43 PM
Mar 2023
This is the best Giji Harem episode so far, the voice acting really nails it. Luckily I've already read the manga, so that I can see the adaptation
Jul 18, 5:44 PM
Jul 2024
Hope for any real progress? The letter mix up was great though! ROFLMAO
Jul 18, 6:06 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Lord, Nanakura made so many cute faces this episode, I mean that’s nothing new but she’s gonna take up half of my screenshots this season alone lol. And once again there were lots of good bits, it’s a bit sad that Nanakura isn’t into scary movies because they’re my absolute favorite kind of movie, but perhaps she’d be even more fun to watch them with if she’s getting super spooked the whole time lol. I also really loved the caricature bit, Eiji’s portrayals of each Nanakura character looked great, and we got some great reactions from Nanakura.

And we also got teased with the possibility of short haired Nanakura, all of Eiji’s imaginations were super cute, but due to how he flustered Nanakura there I don’t think she’ll be cutting her hair anytime soon lol. And along with some great bits, we got even more pseudo harem members with the Student Council President and demure types, and as someone else pointed out she really did look close to Setsuna from Love Live with that hairstyle plus glasses lol. And lastly, I really enjoyed Eiji hiding Nanakura to give her a break, besides Eiji’s broken thumb that was a sweet moment, and that very last bit where Eiji mistook Nanakura’s advice of being into someone younger as being into little girls was good lol, that has the Araragi seal of approval.
Jul 18, 6:26 PM

Jul 2024
A bit of a drop off in the art and animation. And the writing is starting to get a little cliche. Amusing, but not as humorous as previous episodes. Can the writers get back on track and deliver more like the first 2 eps?

I'll call this an initial pass on the 3 eps test. And stick around for a few more episodes, to see if it doesn't drown in cliches or worn out old tropes. For Rin's sake, I hope not.
Jul 18, 8:42 PM

Aug 2017
I mostly dislike the show, but the one part I did like was when she got caught writing the "real" letter without acting.
Jul 18, 9:44 PM

Jun 2020
Consuming my usual Gijii Harem Friday for today's morning.

Jul 18, 9:51 PM
Oct 2019
Hayamin and Nobuhiko have such a great chemistry together.

Seriously, i can't stop smiling watching this Anime.
Jul 18, 10:29 PM
Apr 2024
I really really love this series. I think they are just too cute together.
Jul 19, 1:25 AM

Nov 2013
These two are so adorable!
Jul 19, 5:53 AM
Jun 2024
Those interactions with president nanakura had me thinking thats kinda funny
Jul 19, 8:08 AM
May 2020
the romance master said for him to go for yougner girl... PAUSEEE!!!!
Jul 19, 10:14 AM

Aug 2022
It's about the letter, I'm curious what's in it. But if I could guess it's probably just sweet compliments that Rin wrote to Eiji, that's why she blushed and didn't want to show it to him.

So when will Rin confess her feelings to Eiji? Can't wait.

RafaBryanJul 19, 10:18 AM
Jul 19, 10:52 PM
Jun 2019
The charming pair continue to dither on the threshold of romance and I love the way it's being done.
Jul 19, 11:33 PM
Apr 2022
i hope they dont skip the shiritori chapter, and sleep talking chapter
Jul 20, 12:08 AM
Jan 2021
Nanakura VA is goated
Jul 20, 1:50 AM

Jul 2017
Welp, trying to understand girls through a reference book is not the way to go, Eiji. Rin acting like a student council president is rather dignified, though Eiji's drawings of Rin's characters sure brings out her rather cutesy expressions, and even casual speech feels like they're getting along quite well. But when it comes to fashion, both Rin and Eiji aren't exactly fashion connoisseurs, and going on a date to pick out clothing, earning Eiji's headpat in the process, Rin is rather embarrassed.

Back to acting, Rin acting mature is quite a new character, though that puts off Eiji quite a bit, other than having his childhood photos be seen by her. As for the love letters, Eiji sure has fun dissecting Rin's characters, though he did not expect one letter to be her true feelings as her own character.

It's all fun and games, through Rin still will need more to flesh her own character.
Jul 20, 3:59 AM

Jul 2022
Not sure why, but I feel like our bro Eiji doesn't get her feelings at all right from the start. Maybe it was because the way they chat always teasing each other, so they don't really care about their true feelings.
Jul 20, 4:17 AM
Oct 2022
I just can’t get enough of this one this season. I started the manga the other day and quickly learned that the anime has jumbled some things up as far as what happens when but just like the show I’m really enjoying it. For me personally, one of my favorite things about this entire story is that the entire cast (for the most part) act their age. Its not like most of the high school romance stories when the mc’s act like 35 year old jaded adults who are “daring” to love again lol or talk like phd toting intellectuals who are just trying to solve all of life’s problems when “oops” they bump into their first loves 🤦🏻‍♂️😆. No, these mc’s act like 16-17 year old kids who are discovering what these new “feelings” they are having truly mean. Its smart, cute, and I honestly love it. I hope those of you watching every week do too! ❤️
Jul 20, 4:22 AM
Oct 2022
KingNotSkilled said:
Not sure why, but I feel like our bro Eiji doesn't get her feelings at all right from the start. Maybe it was because the way they chat always teasing each other, so they don't really care about their true feelings.

You might be right. I think it’s more along the lines of him thinking that there’s just no way someone as great as her could possibly care about someone like him in a romantic way. I think the fact that this also seems to be his first time dealing with these kinds of feelings so he’s really not sure what to think or say. But I could be totally wrong, I’m just calling it like I see it 😊
Jul 20, 5:24 AM

Apr 2008
It's cute and all, but it's just not funny or deep enough. I feel like everything I'm going to get from this was in the first episode, so I'm good stopping here.
Jul 20, 6:20 AM
May 2024
this anime so colorful
Jul 20, 6:44 AM

Jul 2023
a bit more tolerable than last week. Good thing there's still other people that appear in the scenes
Jul 20, 9:21 AM
Feb 2020
I would prefer to see more characters besides the two MCs, and maybe there are too many scenes per episode, but Nanakura's VA & animation are priceless.

I'm not a huge fan of Kitahama, and overall, it's ok, even though I was expecting something different.
Jul 20, 1:06 PM

Nov 2017
Will you finally go out? It's been 3 eps already lol
Jul 21, 2:14 AM

Jun 2015
everytime I see Rin smiles
MY HEARTTTTT ♡♡♡
Jul 21, 6:18 AM
Jan 2022
the glasses ☠️
Jul 21, 10:06 AM
Jan 2022
i love how she feels head over heels for him but show it though character every single time ... now the question is when she proposes him for real without any acting what will be his reaction cause he is naive as hell..as per the ep it was a Lil boring ok we get the summary now where is the actually story like the relationship and other stuff if this continues then feeling will be expressed about 1000 eps after... hopefully this won't turn out to be a lazy romance story like million others out there....
Jul 21, 5:46 PM
Jul 2024
I'm almost starting to experience something vaguely like interest in this story. We'll see if the trend continues.
Jul 22, 12:20 AM

Mar 2008
Rin was being pretty cute this ep with eagerness to be given the button and taking pics of pics of Eiji as a kid and accidentally giving him a real love letter from herself instead of the alter egos
Jul 22, 4:49 AM
Sep 2022
Cool episode
I want more
Jul 23, 1:04 PM
Nov 2022
nothing new, Nanakura and Kitahama being the best couple of the season like every week 🚬
Jul 23, 5:05 PM

Mar 2022
I love this show, way better than what I thought it would be!
Jul 25, 10:59 AM
Apr 2013
EP 3

A lot of people have mentioned that apparently mr mc is voiced by okamoto. huh.
That aside, someone mentioned that the anime is basically like a collection of 2/3 min shorts combined into 20 min episode
Also kinda makes it hard to comment on. its like, slice of life is already pretty difficult to comment on, and shorts even more so
Also apparently the manga is finished already? thats uhh. hmm

EP 3, so far no real changes compared to the first two eps. It seems this is either gonna be the status quo or otherwise.
Apparently an entire year has passed already which is kinda ridiculous, that aside.
Its about the same. A bit here and there

The main "issues" is that the whole anime is just the two talking to each other. Maybe if it were 24 eps of 12 mins it might have been better? or even 36 eps of 8 mins

The relation between the two is also kinda odd, in that mr mc seems a bit to oblivious. Alas
The random photobook out of nowhere also felt abrupt

The manga "only" has 150 chapters, but apparently the anime is adapting about 10-15 chapters per ep, so the entire manga will be finished by ep 12, with or without anime original sections. So its pretty much impossible to get a s2 unless tehy make a sequel or anime original the entire thing
CocoaGalaxyJul 25, 11:06 AM
Jul 25, 11:22 AM

Oct 2017
How to end an episode very badly, which was good with a horrible and not funny "joke"...uggh
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Giji Harem Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Jul 25

52 by Aleksu »»
1 hour ago

» Rin is definitely best girl of the season

Claytoki - 11 hours ago

18 by Moppit »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Personality of Rin

WaterMage_658 - Jul 25

7 by Chronigan »»
Yesterday, 6:04 PM

Poll: » Giji Harem Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

IzanaSolos - Jul 4

183 by DarkInsomnia57 »»
Jul 25, 10:03 PM

Poll: » Giji Harem Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Jul 11

93 by Ronin-errante »»
Jul 25, 6:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.