Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 2, 10:29 PM

Sep 2020
(Spoilers for S2 ep. 10-12)

It might be a nitpick, but one thing I was particularly bothered with was that no attention whatsoever was brought to Rudeus losing a hand.

It's a big deal. It was overshadowed by Paul's death, sure, but it's still a big deal. Rudy became disabled for life. He will never be able to eat with a knife and a fork, or break a loaf of bread in two, or tie a shoe. Yet he never, not for a moment, thinks about it. No one else talks about it either; Norn notices it, but that's it. His own wife never mentions it! Neither of the two!

I rerally wanted them to explore this aspect, even a tiny bit. Just a 30-second long scene of Rudeus struggling to pack a bag or something. This show used to be great at portraying mundane struggles in S1. It's a huge deal, and no one seems to care, and I'm very dissatisfied with that.

Jul 2, 10:47 PM
May 2021
I think someone dying is a bigger deal then someone losing an hand
Jul 2, 10:48 PM
Sep 2023
that's something that the light novel dealt with a lot more. in episode 12, when rudeus is running back to his house and trips, the LN spends a paragraph or two on how it was hard for him to get back up.

if you like the show, I'd highly reccomend the LN, as the show cuts out a decent amount of stuff
Jul 2, 10:50 PM
Nov 2018
They might deal with it in the first episode of season 3.
Jul 3, 1:47 AM
Apr 2024
I have not read the manga at all and I totally understand you.

I just thought that it wasn’t a big deal because of the technology of the doll they found uses, I thought maybe they could use it to implement a prosthetic arm for Rudy.
It basically has magic circles to hold the joints/extremities.

Maybe that would be a long shot but that’s my theory 🤣🤣🤣
Jul 3, 2:00 AM
Jul 2023
pretty sure being cut in half is a greater deal than loosing a hand
Jul 3, 2:04 AM

Sep 2016
No thanks, the other stuff is much more interesting than watching him mourn for a lost body part.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Jul 3, 2:51 AM

Jul 2023
it would be fun if he lost his head instead of his hand lol

Jul 3, 3:18 AM
May 2022
SlimeLordOfRats said:
I think someone dying is a bigger deal then someone losing an hand

Paul dying and Rudeus dropping the "I slept with someone else and I want to have two wives now" bomb kind of shifted the attention of everyone. 😅
Jul 3, 4:52 AM
Jul 2023
lilia had to help him hold the baby because of his arm
Jul 3, 12:57 PM
Feb 2024
Chakiil said:
I have not read the manga at all and I totally understand you.

I just thought that it wasn’t a big deal because of the technology of the doll they found uses, I thought maybe they could use it to implement a prosthetic arm for Rudy.
It basically has magic circles to hold the joints/extremities.

Maybe that would be a long shot but that’s my theory 🤣🤣🤣

Anime has officially passed the manga at this point.
Jul 3, 12:58 PM

Jan 2013
Marking spoilers when the title is clearly a spoiler to anyone with 2 functioning braincells.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Jul 3, 1:30 PM
Jan 2020
Episode 1 of next season will talk about it much more. Didn’t really have time to fit that issue in anywhere
Jul 3, 10:56 PM
Jun 2022
wowwish123 said:
that's something that the light novel dealt with a lot more. in episode 12, when rudeus is running back to his house and trips, the LN spends a paragraph or two on how it was hard for him to get back up.

if you like the show, I'd highly reccomend the LN, as the show cuts out a decent amount of stuff

After these two last episodes and reading the LN through the end I can finally see that they did not a great job with some scenes, they could've done a better job, that for sure.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 14

201 by NiGhTmArE_Spirit »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jun 30

312 by ReganDesu »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Homura24 - Jun 16

584 by Gator »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

MegamiRem - Jun 9

234 by Gator »»
5 hours ago

» What do you guys think about Mushoku Tensei? ( 1 2 )

Sasora - Jul 1

54 by ktg »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.