Forum Settings
Forums

Are there any characters which you wanted to see more but were killed early, forgotten or the anime itself was too short?

New
May 26, 9:52 AM

Feb 2011
I just finished watching Isekai Onsen Paradise and I really liked its female lead, Mayudama. She has a very sweet personality and gorgeous looks, but unfortunately her anime was extremely short, so my time with her wasn't as long as I'd like.
May 26, 9:54 AM

Feb 2020
Healin' Good♥Pretty Cure.

Mary Ann in Star☆Twinkle Pretty Cure. She deserved to have much more screen time. She was a very entertaining character.

SerafosMay 26, 9:57 AM
May 26, 9:56 AM

Feb 2020
Well yeah, I would have loved to see the entire main cast from the Akiba's Trip 2 game appear in the AT Anime (especially Rin)

But instead they just picked the dumb maid Kati alone. I know not the reason, perhaps insanity.
May 26, 10:12 AM

Aug 2021
May 26, 10:31 AM

Aug 2018
The base form of Phos from Houseki no Kuni.

The cute, adorable, and cheeky version.

Before everything went wrong for her.
May 26, 10:32 AM

Feb 2016
I feel like most of the better characters in Demon Slayer like Rengoku got killed off way too early, which kinda sucks, because all the good ones are dying and we're stuck with buffoons lol.

Also, in JoJo Part 5, Fugo was brushed out of the story too early too, he didn't die, but I guess due to balancing reasons he was taken out early.

"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
May 26, 10:33 AM

Jun 2011
Rock Lee, Shikamaru from Naruto

Gohan from DBZ

Fran from Katekyo Hitman Reborn
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 26, 10:57 AM

Mar 2012
Soldier Blue from Terra e, wish they would make a prequel that focuses on what happened to him and their journey till he met Jomy.
May 26, 11:24 AM

Nov 2014
I would love to see more of Mystogan in Fairy Tail. It is one of the most powerful and mysterious characters. Still, they decided to send him to another dimension and made it almost impossible for him to return.
May 26, 11:48 AM

Jul 2019
Leonica From Ragna Crimson, The show just kind of tossed her to the side, I get the main characters motivation for leaving her, but still, the show could have done something with her instead of completely ditching her after the second episode.

Pretty much all the girls in the first season of Tsugumomo Not so much in the anime (yet), but in the manga they all get left by the wayside once Kazuya starts growing his harem of tsukumogami girls. They become the new harem and the old harem is tossed aside.

Ouzen and Marulk, in Made in Abyss, while not killed or forgotten really, but I still would have loved to see more of them, they were a fun pair, who weren't around long enough.

Last one, again, not killed or forgotten, I just would have loved to see more of Tsukihi from the Monogatari series. She's the only girl who doesn't really get to be the main character of an arc, sure she has an arc focused around her, but she's not really the main character, in fact she is asleep for most of it, it's mostly about how the other characters around her deal with the issue. Would love to see her get an arc where she herself is front and center. Instead of just always being in the background, or a plot device to move other characters into action.
Jackson1333May 26, 11:52 AM
May 26, 12:05 PM

Jul 2016
May 26, 12:07 PM

May 2018
I can't forgive Araki for throwing Fugo away just for the reason of his powers being too "inconvenient" for the story.
At least they could have animated Purple Haze Feedback already.
May 26, 4:30 PM
Jan 2020
In Urusei Yatsura, Lum's friends Oyuki and Benten kind of get forgotten at a certain point. Ran becomes the only main reoccurring alien friend.
May 26, 4:34 PM

Jul 2016
May 26, 5:09 PM

Feb 2016
I wanted to see more of Minami in Yuri On Ice.
その目だれの目?
May 26, 5:15 PM

Dec 2020
May 26, 6:48 PM

Apr 2022
i wanted to see more of miria and isaac's shenanigans, 13 episodes for baccano is just too less. boa hancock is my favorite female character in one piece but she hasn't gotten a major role in a very long time so i hope she returns sometime before the end, as well as yamato and carrot.
May 26, 6:52 PM

Dec 2021
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.

alt_textalt_textalt_text
May 26, 6:54 PM

Jan 2022
LenReaMay 26, 7:05 PM
May 26, 7:11 PM

Nov 2015
Lust from FMAB. I’d only watched the first adaptation so i was thinking “there’s no way this is it” when Mustang was snapping his fingers.
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night

Removes the colours from our sight

Red is grey and yellow white

But we decide which is right

And which is an illusion.
May 26, 11:27 PM

May 2021
May 27, 7:03 AM

Dec 2018
Magane from Re:Creators. She was the most interesting character in the show, but the writers didn't care much about her. Celestia from Danganronpa was also a memorable, but neglected character in my opinion.
May 27, 7:19 AM

Mar 2023
One Punch Man
May 27, 12:35 PM
Dec 2021
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
May 27, 12:41 PM

Feb 2011
@Jackof-allspades I also like him, but I'm fine with how everything ended. As much as I love Psycho-Pass, I think everything past season 1 is just a cash grab anyway.
May 27, 4:18 PM

Oct 2014
Quite a few secondary characters, including my avatar, Anzu.

Tsuruya from Haruhi. Can't get enough of that personality, the ankle-length hair and her fang tooth :)
Also Emiri Kimidori who's even (slightly) cuter than Mikuru which is saying something.

Hanako Koyanagi from Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii. She's a mc (so no shortage of screentime) but I expected to see her at least a few more times in her cross-dressing cosplay costume besides the one or two times from episode one.

Ririka Kenzaki was a delight in every scene she showed up in Liz to Aoi Tori so in the TV series I was disappointed not to see her show up more often (Chikai no Finale and the currently airing S3.

LotGH has a massive cast but after the 3 mc's there are quite a few near-mc's (Annerose, Hilda, Oberstein, Reuenthal, Mittermeyer, Frederica, Julian, Walter von Schenkopp, etc.) and beyond that 2nd tier are a few characters that get only a handful of scenes, one of them being von Merkatz. For me he's like my 4th or 5th fav character out of that huge cast. Unfortunately he really does get only a few speaking scenes, all of which I love. The character version in the re-boot is even better. For those who've already seen the show I will link a little vid of one of my favorites scenes in one of my fav episodes of the whole show (wouldn't recommend watching unless you've already seen the show):
As an aside I was pleasantly bowled over what they did with so many of the refurbished character designs in the re-boot. In particular Ulanhu. In the original OVA he comes and goes and barely registers but in the re-boot I absolutely loved the few scenes this rejuvenated character appeared in (to the point I practically have a bro-crush on him (I'm not gay)). He was so "forgettable" in the original that I had to do a search to re-watch the original character.

I made a short vid of his main appearance (technically a spoiler but this is such a minor character it's not very spoiler-y in the vast scheme of things in this show):

8oomerJun 5, 7:37 AM
Avatar: Anzu Kadotani from Girls und Panzer.

May 27, 5:07 PM

Jan 2020
Reply to 8oomer
Quite a few secondary characters, including my avatar, Anzu.

Tsuruya from Haruhi. Can't get enough of that personality, the ankle-length hair and her fang tooth :)
Also Emiri Kimidori who's even (slightly) cuter than Mikuru which is saying something.

Hanako Koyanagi from Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii. She's a mc (so no shortage of screentime) but I expected to see her at least a few more times in her cross-dressing cosplay costume besides the one or two times from episode one.

Ririka Kenzaki was a delight in every scene she showed up in Liz to Aoi Tori so in the TV series I was disappointed not to see her show up more often (Chikai no Finale and the currently airing S3.

LotGH has a massive cast but after the 3 mc's there are quite a few near-mc's (Annerose, Hilda, Oberstein, Reuenthal, Mittermeyer, Frederica, Julian, Walter von Schenkopp, etc.) and beyond that 2nd tier are a few characters that get only a handful of scenes, one of them being von Merkatz. For me he's like my 4th or 5th fav character out of that huge cast. Unfortunately he really does get only a few speaking scenes, all of which I love. The character version in the re-boot is even better. For those who've already seen the show I will link a little vid of one of my favorites scenes in one of my fav episodes of the whole show (wouldn't recommend watching unless you've already seen the show):
As an aside I was pleasantly bowled over what they did with so many of the refurbished character designs in the re-boot. In particular Ulanhu. In the original OVA he comes and goes and barely registers but in the re-boot I absolutely loved the few scenes this rejuvenated character appeared in (to the point I practically have a bro-crush on him (I'm not gay)). He was so "forgettable" in the original that I had to do a search to re-watch the original character.

I made a short vid of his main appearance (technically a spoiler but this is such a minor character it's not very spoiler-y in the vast scheme of things in this show):

@8oomer Emiri Kimidori has a higher focus on the 8th novel of Haruhi, and Tsuruya gets a chapter focused only on her in the 12th novel if you're into reading the source material.

MOKUSHI KUSHIMO SHIMOKU KUMOSHI MOSHIKU SHIKUMO.
May 28, 12:23 AM

Jun 2020
Farmer-kun from JJK.. at least we got a lot of memes from it

More topics from this board

» What makes you identify a bad anime right from the start?

KMIR - Yesterday

34 by Khashishi »»
1 minute ago

» What do you think of split POV in romance anime?

Quadruple_Oi - 4 hours ago

9 by WaterMage »»
1 minute ago

» Which anime(s) would any of your favorite characters watch?

IpreferEcchi - Yesterday

13 by tchitchouan »»
4 minutes ago

» If you could have 1 anime get licenced what would pick?

RareAnimeHunter - 13 minutes ago

1 by Daviljoe193 »»
5 minutes ago

» Unfair criticisms you can give any anime?

EmiliaHoarfrost - 12 hours ago

24 by DinoNo1 »»
6 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.