Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 23, 1:31 AM
Mar 2021
When I first read the leaks, I thought this was the best chapter since gojo's death, even after so many theories literally no one predicted this outcome

Even writting wise it seemed great, an unpredictable move that no one saw coming but for whatever reason Internet is hating on it, I just want to know the reason why will someone hate it ( please answer peacefully)
May 23, 1:58 AM
Mar 2023
this shit is not good story telling. I can't find a single good point to talk about, so here's my take, why the hell did he bring gojo back, was there any reason for him to bring gojo as fucking toy to play with fans emotions? I don't know about other mangas but the way he shows flashbacks is just bad, just tell us the whole plan, when gege doesn't have anything to improve the story he just writes a flashback with the same ass every time.. naah I can't read this shit goodbye to jjk. It was good till gojo v/s sukuna fight.(MY OPINION)

i can say one thing, either sukuna get the W or give Yuji a big powerboost(he did but sukuna is just too powerful). if sukuna the get W it would be awesome cause I didn't read anything where the villain won. But what do you know, might happen?
May 23, 2:03 AM
Nov 2023
this is the worst day of my life
May 23, 3:48 AM
Mar 2022
The story was a million times better with Gojo dead. Not very good, but still better than what 261 did.

Gojo's goal, since the beginning of the series, has been to nurture a younger generation of jujutsu sorcerers who can stand on the same level as him. And till now, from 236 to 260, we saw that happen.

Even with him dead, his students had been taught enough, and had grown to the point where they could go toe to toe with Sukuna. We have spent the last 6-7 chapters hyping Yuji up for exactly that. It's badly written, but it fulfills the idea of what had been promised.

But now, Gojo's powers are back. Indirectly, but they're back. It takes away everything from the students. In the end, if you still need his CT to take down Sukuna, then he utterly failed in teaching his students anything. Why can't their powers be enough to kill Sukuna? They've been doing fairly well till now. What's the issue?

It's not only cheap, but also ruins the entire developmental aspect of the characters.
May 23, 3:51 AM

Jan 2009
what happen to gojo trusting the new generation? when the new generation still needs his powers
May 23, 3:54 AM

Apr 2024
Reply to xbdelxahil
this shit is not good story telling. I can't find a single good point to talk about, so here's my take, why the hell did he bring gojo back, was there any reason for him to bring gojo as fucking toy to play with fans emotions? I don't know about other mangas but the way he shows flashbacks is just bad, just tell us the whole plan, when gege doesn't have anything to improve the story he just writes a flashback with the same ass every time.. naah I can't read this shit goodbye to jjk. It was good till gojo v/s sukuna fight.(MY OPINION)

i can say one thing, either sukuna get the W or give Yuji a big powerboost(he did but sukuna is just too powerful). if sukuna the get W it would be awesome cause I didn't read anything where the villain won. But what do you know, might happen?
xbdelxahil said:

Watch it Sukuna is going to be somehow sealed like one of the villains -
in Bleach 😂
Gege is not even tryin anymore. Shit's so ass, it's been since last 20+ chapters tbh. I don't really see any other possible outcome
May 23, 4:50 AM
Jun 2021
hey there! I understand your curiosity about why people are seemingly 'hating' on chapter 261. I think it's important to note that everyone has their own opinions and tastes, and it's okay if not everyone is on the same page.

That being said, I've noticed that some people might be feeling a bit frustrated or disappointed by the chapter's direction because it's a significant departure from what they were expecting. Gojo's death was a huge plot twist, and many fans were eagerly awaiting the fallout and consequences. Chapter 261 seems to be taking the story in a new direction, and some fans might be feeling a bit left behind or unsure about where the story is headed.

Additionally, some readers might be feeling a bit betrayed by the fact that the chapter didn't tie up all the loose ends or provide the answers they were hoping for. The sudden introduction of new characters and plot points might be overwhelming for some readers, especially those who were invested in the previous story arc.

It's also possible that some readers might be experiencing 'post-hype depression,' where they're feeling a sense of letdown after the excitement and hype surrounding Gojo's death has worn off. It's normal to feel this way, especially when we're invested in a story and its characters.

Ultimately, it's okay to have different opinions and reactions to a chapter. What resonates with one person might not resonate with another. I think it's important to respect each other's opinions and keep an open mind. Maybe we can discuss what we liked or didn't like about chapter 261, and see if we can find some common ground?"
May 23, 5:42 AM

Aug 2023
Damn it I really wanted it to be Kenjaku but turns out its potential man 2.0 stealing yet another bag 🗣🗣🗣💰💰💰🔥🔥🔥

Gege is never beating the fraud allegations
May 23, 6:05 AM
Dec 2018
Reply to RandomPerson9348
The story was a million times better with Gojo dead. Not very good, but still better than what 261 did.

Gojo's goal, since the beginning of the series, has been to nurture a younger generation of jujutsu sorcerers who can stand on the same level as him. And till now, from 236 to 260, we saw that happen.

Even with him dead, his students had been taught enough, and had grown to the point where they could go toe to toe with Sukuna. We have spent the last 6-7 chapters hyping Yuji up for exactly that. It's badly written, but it fulfills the idea of what had been promised.

But now, Gojo's powers are back. Indirectly, but they're back. It takes away everything from the students. In the end, if you still need his CT to take down Sukuna, then he utterly failed in teaching his students anything. Why can't their powers be enough to kill Sukuna? They've been doing fairly well till now. What's the issue?

It's not only cheap, but also ruins the entire developmental aspect of the characters.
@RandomPerson9348 I don't think it takes away though, even if they use Gojo's CT, it still was an effort made mainly by Yuta, and let's not forget Yuji and Todo still are on the battlefind and differently from Gojo, Yuta knows how to cast a domain without affecting his peers, plus, with a weakened Sukuna, they will definitely be able to keep up and finish him off. Yuta now has Satoru's memories and has knowledge of how to destroy Sukuna, I'm guessing they'll probably win, but then, he'll activate the merger. For now, I don't mind Gege's decision, I think it took a lot of breadcrumbs he left throughout the Shinjuku chapters and came up with a emotionally charged and highly tragic result. I'll save my outrage for when Sukuna doesn't die after all this and Yuta becomes a monster for nothing, now THAT wouldn't make sense narratively.
May 23, 6:59 AM
Mar 2022
buracoo said:
@RandomPerson9348 I don't think it takes away though, even if they use Gojo's CT, it still was an effort made mainly by Yuta, and let's not forget Yuji and Todo still are on the battlefind and differently from Gojo, Yuta knows how to cast a domain without affecting his peers, plus, with a weakened Sukuna, they will definitely be able to keep up and finish him off. Yuta now has Satoru's memories and has knowledge of how to destroy Sukuna, I'm guessing they'll probably win, but then, he'll activate the merger. For now, I don't mind Gege's decision, I think it took a lot of breadcrumbs he left throughout the Shinjuku chapters and came up with a emotionally charged and highly tragic result. I'll save my outrage for when Sukuna doesn't die after all this and Yuta becomes a monster for nothing, now THAT wouldn't make sense narratively.

For me, it doesn't matter if it makes sense or not. I 100% agree that it does. It's because the Culling Games arc had a lot of threads left open for this exact reason, and the jujutsu power system is really well thought out. The actions they take will always make sense.

The actual question is if this was really the best way to write it. And the answer, personally, is a resounding no. We've seen Unlimited Void a million times at this point. We've seen Gojo's CT more than enough at this point. He didn't need to come back.

Yuta has also already done his part in the story. Everything was building up to him killing Kenjaku, and even though it was badly executed, he did end up doing it. He even got to fight Sukuna after that, open his domain, and use Cleave against Sukuna. He also didn't really need to come back.

After literally AGES, the fight was concentrated on the two people it needed to be. Yuji and Sukuna. But instead of keeping the pace and hype of the fight up, Gege keeps introducing new things that don't need to be there. Just 3-4 more chapters of Yuji vs. Sukuna leading to whatever development Megumi needs to have would have been enough.

Understanding when to end something is important. It's why Shibuya felt so tight and well thought-out despite being 50+ chapters. But I guess money is more important than the integrity of the story, and since MHA is pretty much over, Shueisha can't afford JJK ending so soon, so they'll keep milking it.
May 23, 7:33 AM
Feb 2023
Eventhough I like what he did here since it’s Gojo being the one to stop Sukuna in the end but it really does depend on what’s next because god his sukuna plot armour writing is abysmal.

The problem is sukuna not the story, it’s like gege forgot what he was writing and just wrote a stupid free for all that disrespects the power system he made. Binding vows became just an out for anything without technically any consequence. Fights became too repetitive.

I get why people hate new chapter because it feels like a cop out more than an actual good writing part. Some sukuna fans are annoyed that Gojo’s body is the one that will win, while gojo fans are annoyed that gege could have just gave Gojo a binding vow that makes him return. There’s still a possibility for him returning with gege teasing that soul and the body are one and all so Yuta could literally give up his own life for Gojo to return but who knows. You also have fans being annoyed that chapter is technically a disrespect to Gojo a bit since characters have zero faith on Gojo winning which is stupid and makes emotional weight of his loss scene feel so much worse.

So what I am trying to say is, it really does depend on what happens next. If sukuna still wins, then yeah I am calling gege not knowing or understanding what he is doing. If sukuna loses, then okay there’s hope here. Do I care if Yuta dies or not? Not really eventhough he is my favourite character but if sukuna loses, I am happy, if not, then what was the point?
May 23, 8:21 AM
Dec 2018
Reply to RandomPerson9348
buracoo said:

For me, it doesn't matter if it makes sense or not. I 100% agree that it does. It's because the Culling Games arc had a lot of threads left open for this exact reason, and the jujutsu power system is really well thought out. The actions they take will always make sense.

The actual question is if this was really the best way to write it. And the answer, personally, is a resounding no. We've seen Unlimited Void a million times at this point. We've seen Gojo's CT more than enough at this point. He didn't need to come back.

Yuta has also already done his part in the story. Everything was building up to him killing Kenjaku, and even though it was badly executed, he did end up doing it. He even got to fight Sukuna after that, open his domain, and use Cleave against Sukuna. He also didn't really need to come back.

After literally AGES, the fight was concentrated on the two people it needed to be. Yuji and Sukuna. But instead of keeping the pace and hype of the fight up, Gege keeps introducing new things that don't need to be there. Just 3-4 more chapters of Yuji vs. Sukuna leading to whatever development Megumi needs to have would have been enough.

Understanding when to end something is important. It's why Shibuya felt so tight and well thought-out despite being 50+ chapters. But I guess money is more important than the integrity of the story, and since MHA is pretty much over, Shueisha can't afford JJK ending so soon, so they'll keep milking it.
@RandomPerson9348 I get the frustration of having Yuji sidelined again, especially while reading it weekly, I really do. But I also think is a bit too early to say Yuta's return is unnecessary for the later developments of the story. As it stands, I think this chapter is very intriguing and can make or break the series if Gege doesn't follow this up with a good conclusion for his two main characters. Plus, not just talking about if the power system allows it or not, thematically, as cruel as it may be, it compliments the story and definitely doesn't come out of nowhere for both Yuta's and Gojo's character, so I'll wait b4 judging Gege too harshly, because I genuinely think he knows what he's doing.
May 23, 9:15 AM

Jun 2014
The internet is an empty echo chamber of unhappy people, the chapter was fine. Gojo as we knew him isn’t even actually back when it’s just Yuta using his body, plus I think people are forgetting he’s on a 5 minute timer. Yuta-Gojo will probably die once that 5 minutes is over. A lot of anger is also probably coming from Gojosexuals/Yuta haters who are mad that this isn’t actually Gojo coming back + Yuta getting more spotlight. Idk, I’m just enjoying the tears and the bitching because it’s genuine entertainment at this point 🤷
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

May 23, 10:00 AM

May 2009
People will only really start hate it when it will be out on mangaplus on Sunday.
May 23, 11:40 AM

Jun 2020
I think people are very upset with how Gojo is being treated but objectively it is a well thought out move by Gege and shows how low the heroes are willing to stoop to win

Unpredictable? Nahhh. People were making BOOKS on all the ways Gojo might be returning. Unless I am the honored one who guessed it on a random reddit comment last chapter

Lucky you, lucky you
must be nice to have everyone love you

"No, I've always been alone."
May 23, 11:59 AM
Jun 2021
Someone actually predicted it on reddit 6 months ago but yeah for majority of people it is kinda unexpected outcome
May 23, 12:01 PM
Community Mod
Entranced

Mar 2022
It seems so. It also seems like people hate no matter what Gege does tbh.
May 23, 12:28 PM
Jan 2021
I'm really just ready for the series to be done at this point. This fight has gone on for way too long and the series lost a lot of momentum after Gojo died. I'm not even a huge Gojo fan, but him being killed made me realize that the only way they could beat Sukuna at that point had to be an asspull. I'm still enjoying the series, but it definitely is a step down from previous parts
oddeyezMay 23, 12:33 PM
May 23, 12:52 PM

Mar 2018
Reply to KayKimii
@KayKimii wait till it gets adapted and the amount of normies who will get flabbergasted and shocked how dark the series gets lol
May 23, 12:55 PM

Jun 2014
Reply to KayKimii
@KayKimii Yup, he's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

He makes Sukuna super OP, people complain. If Sukuna was defeated in 10 chapters, people would have complained. He powers up Yuji, people complain, if he doesn't, Yuji's a fraud MC. And I could go on and on, it's so corny.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

May 23, 1:08 PM
Jul 2023
Gojo fangirls hating it fr lol, but i liked the way Gege picked its just better yuta’s comeback with new technique with gojo’s body rather than just bringing back dead haha
May 23, 1:11 PM
Jul 2023
xbdelxahil said:

if gege told us whole plan then it might be so boring just think about it how many chapters that plan take haha most of people hating it just because of unpredictable plot twist like they were not ready for it but i like it)
May 23, 3:46 PM
Nov 2023
IMO this chapter cemented this arc as a top 5 GOAT shounen arc. Its the best arc in JJK by far .
May 23, 6:26 PM

Apr 2016
Honestly I don't hate it, but obviously I don't like it either. I think people should be able to have different opinions regarding how the story is going. I think bringing back gojo (but not really) was a really cheap and fan service-y way to go about things. I would've preferred if they had just kept him dead. Also, yuji and todo beating the fuck outta sukuna and THEN discarding them randomly for yuta, is just not good writing. Also basically confirming kenjaku is dead is also not good.

All in all, I have no idea wtf gege is doing, but despite that we can all agree this is entertaining as hell.
May 26, 5:56 AM

Sep 2019
y'know gaygay screwed himself when he had to find a bullshit asspull to bring gojo back since he wrote himself in a corner
May 26, 6:06 AM
Jul 2018
Reply to AkiEX2
y'know gaygay screwed himself when he had to find a bullshit asspull to bring gojo back since he wrote himself in a corner
@AkiEX2

Can you explain how bringing back gojo via yuta an asspull?
May 26, 6:10 AM
Jul 2018
I can't say I hated it, but I don't like it either.
May 26, 9:54 AM
Nov 2023
Reply to removed-user
@AkiEX2

Can you explain how bringing back gojo via yuta an asspull?
@_tata_kae_ if you didnt see this coming then your just low iq not suprising coming from a csm fanboy
May 28, 9:02 PM
Dec 2023
but like i kind of understand bc yuta has to put himself into a powerful body so
May 31, 11:01 AM
serial obsessive

Jan 2012
Reply to thebrentinator24
The internet is an empty echo chamber of unhappy people, the chapter was fine. Gojo as we knew him isn’t even actually back when it’s just Yuta using his body, plus I think people are forgetting he’s on a 5 minute timer. Yuta-Gojo will probably die once that 5 minutes is over. A lot of anger is also probably coming from Gojosexuals/Yuta haters who are mad that this isn’t actually Gojo coming back + Yuta getting more spotlight. Idk, I’m just enjoying the tears and the bitching because it’s genuine entertainment at this point 🤷
@thebrentinator24 I'm a Yuuta lover, not a hater, and I'm very sad that he's probably going to die after 5 minutes. I acknowledge my bias. 😔
Forever a reader, rarely a watcher. Also listens to music.

⸢There are three ways to survive in a ruined world.⸥
⸢I’ve forgotten a few by now. However, one thing’s for certain.⸥
⸢And that is, the you reading these words will get to survive.⸥
⸢This story is for just that one reader.⸥
May 31, 11:18 AM

Aug 2019
Reply to Phantomnocomics
@KayKimii wait till it gets adapted and the amount of normies who will get flabbergasted and shocked how dark the series gets lol
@Phantomnocomics I'm quite confused on what exactly is 'dark' about this series.
Jun 4, 1:12 AM

Mar 2018
Reply to SSSTenshi
@Phantomnocomics I'm quite confused on what exactly is 'dark' about this series.
@SSSTenshi not being the typical saturday cartoon like naruto, one piece, and fairy tail, black clover that make up the default formula

there are actual stakes and shit gets freaky real quick.

that's what makes it a dark battle shonen unlike the light-hearted tone ones
Jun 4, 1:39 AM

Mar 2013
I can understand the dislike to an extent, because I really doubt Gege is going to let Gojo-Yuta do anything of importance. The fandom is jaded with all the recent developments, and at best I expect Gojo-Yuta to be defeated after supposedly inflicting damage to Sukuna; to me it is no longer convincing to the reader for Gege to write “they inflicted damage” and for it to come across as genuine. You can say a character contributes, but in a fight that has taken over 20 chapters, this comes across as unbelievable. You cannot simply ask the reader to assume this, and part of it comes down to the writing, choreography, and the pacing. It actually has to feel like damage was inflicted, not implied, not stated outright.

As I see it, they “brought back” Gojo for nothing but to lose again. No one but Yuji is going to put him down. I also think there is merit in the idea that it betrays some of the messages behind Gojo’s character. That being said, there were things that I liked, such as how everyone discussed the role Gojo played as the monster in modern jujutsu society. This fits well into the series central theme of strength and exceptionalism.

Overall, I don’t this chapter is especially bad.
PeripheralVisionJun 4, 1:45 AM
Jun 4, 8:54 AM

Dec 2020
It was a great chapter. One of the best in the Shinjuku Showdown Arc.
Jun 4, 5:04 PM

Aug 2019
Reply to Phantomnocomics
@SSSTenshi not being the typical saturday cartoon like naruto, one piece, and fairy tail, black clover that make up the default formula

there are actual stakes and shit gets freaky real quick.

that's what makes it a dark battle shonen unlike the light-hearted tone ones
@Phantomnocomics ah a dark battle shounen, sorry when i hear dark i think more along the lines of Oyasumi Punpun

More topics from this board

Poll: » What are your expectations for the ending of JJK (chapter 271)?

Enri_eu - Yesterday

22 by IvanGambino »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 270 Discussion

ryzxgum - Sep 19

30 by otakuweek »»
6 hours ago

» kenjaku chapter 270

deg - Sep 19

9 by Drizzy_Dan »»
Yesterday, 3:56 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 269 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ryzxgum - Sep 11

62 by Karva1 »»
Yesterday, 2:41 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 268 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ryzxgum - Aug 28

99 by Baskarite »»
Yesterday, 1:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.