Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 22, 10:29 PM

Oct 2022
i get it that this sequel didn't adapt the manga faithfully, but it's far from being worse. i don't understand the hate for it... imho, it's great, and even better than the first season. yes, ik the manga is even better, but that doesn't make this bad in any way!!1!!11

what do you guys think about this sequel??? do you think it was overshadowed by hate from the manga fans?
FruitPunchBakaMay 23, 12:10 AM
May 22, 10:43 PM
Feb 2021
It was bad compared to the manga but I still loved it.
May 22, 10:47 PM
Jan 2022
Sure it might be good but what I felt was the problem was that it didn't explain a lot of things and I was always like what? why? how? Maybe I did pay enough attention or it was the case that it didn't explain things well.

(Question: is Tokyo Ghoul:re canon or not because I haven't read the manga)
May 22, 10:50 PM
Aug 2021
RadarUndetect said:
Sure it might be good but what I felt was the problem was that it didn't explain a lot of things and I was always like what? why? how? Maybe I did pay enough attention or it was the case that it didn't explain things well.

(Question: is Tokyo Ghoul:re canon or not because I haven't read the manga)

Yes re; is completely canon just rushed as hell
May 22, 10:58 PM
Apr 2024
Nah its perfectly hated
May 22, 11:03 PM
Aug 2023
i honestly liked therst two season but I think the third is quite shit, I watched like first three episodes and I didn't understand nothing. so it ain't no bad first two season but the last one is quite shit
May 22, 11:06 PM
Jul 2021
You have anime watchers that only watch anime and don’t really read the manga and to them and everyone else the anime is a well animated and will written anime now because you read the manga and see that the anime doesn’t take well after the manga, there’s a fine line between being an overrated anime and an actual good anime that people have watched them selves and as a collective decide that the anime is good and builds hype on the anime as a collective because of the good aspects that’s the anime have so no it is not overrated, it’s a good anime that is watched, understood and loved by people as a collective.
May 22, 11:25 PM

Jun 2016
I could see that something was wrong with it even before reading the manga.
It had good moments and I liked the music and the fights but I didn't like the direction the story took.
I also didn't like where the story went in the sequel manga so it's not like the anime writers were the only ones with bad ideas and the author could do no wrong.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
May 22, 11:47 PM
Jun 2021
876_him said:
You have anime watchers that only watch anime and don’t really read the manga and to them and everyone else the anime is a well animated and will written anime now because you read the manga and see that the anime doesn’t take well after the manga, there’s a fine line between being an overrated anime and an actual good anime that people have watched them selves and as a collective decide that the anime is good and builds hype on the anime as a collective because of the good aspects that’s the anime have so no it is not overrated, it’s a good anime that is watched, understood and loved by people as a collective.

you need to use punctuation.

responding to op: I was just super confused and there were a lot of loose ends. I decided against watching re: after seeing how rushed the second season of the original Tokyo ghoul was and assumed that's what happened with re: as well.
May 23, 12:02 AM
Nov 2023
The first and second season was glorious but the third was abit boring 👀
May 23, 12:04 AM
Mar 2021
it really went as boring s1 and s2 was 🔥 but manga is a 1 of a marvel of mangas
Anime Rules the world
May 23, 1:34 AM
Jan 2023
FruitPunchBaka said:
i get it that this sequel didn't adapt the manga faithfully, but it's far from being worse. i don't understand the hate for it... imho, it's great, and even better than the first season. yes, ik the manga is even better, but that doesn't make this bad in any way!!1!!11

what do you guys think about this sequel??? do you think it was overshadowed by hate from the manga fans?

yes i understand that it's not bad but it's not better than the first season not even close. the first season was rushed but i don't think any anime original even notice the rush but this one is rushed pretty badly i remember I'm feeling frustrated at some points while watching this like i can feel something is wrong without even reading the manga and the opening and endings ar not even that good yes the ending was pretty good but the opening is honestly a piece of crap compared to the first season opening unravel so my point is you're right it's not that bad but it's not better than the first season in my opinion not even close i think if i give the first season a 9/10 then this one I'll give 6.5/10 but hey everyone has their own opinions and i know you have your own reasons for thinking that it's better than the first season
May 23, 4:40 AM
Jun 2021
I completely agree with you, and I think many people share your sentiments. The sequel did take some creative liberties with the source material, but that doesn't mean it's automatically bad. In fact, I think it's a great adaptation in its own right, and it's even better than the first season in some ways.

I think a lot of the hate towards the sequel comes from fans who were expecting a more faithful adaptation of the manga. And while it's understandable to feel that way, I don't think it's fair to dismiss the sequel entirely. The anime did its own thing, and it turned out to be a unique and engaging story.

One of the things that I think the sequel did better than the first season is its exploration of character development. We got to see more of the characters' personalities and motivations, and it added depth to the story. Plus, the action scenes were even more intense and suspenseful than before!

As for being overshadowed by hate from manga fans, I think that's definitely a factor. Unfortunately, there are some fans who can be very vocal about their disappointment with adaptations that don't follow the original material closely enough. But I think that's unfair to both the creators and the audience.
May 23, 5:20 AM
Jan 2024
Can’t say I hate it I enjoyed it a bit but again it wasn’t too fun cause it wasn’t faithful to manga and they also changed the ending but still I had fun watching it so I have really mixed emotions about it
LeviAckermanx15May 23, 5:53 AM
May 23, 5:33 AM
Aug 2022
Needs more hate imo
May 23, 6:01 AM
Jun 2023
i always read the manga before i see the anime but with tokyo ghoul i didnt soo this is my opinion as only anime watcher
but i loved the first 2 seasons and the re: version i mean its not that good as first 2 seasons but i liked it i would give it a solid 6/10
that kenaki have a child with the girl and has a happy ending after al the suffering is nice to see in a animation.
and like i said i didnt have read the manga so i can only see its on how its animated
May 23, 8:04 AM
May 2016
Only tokyo ghoul re was really bad
May 23, 8:40 AM
Jan 2015
Even if I exclude the manga, the pacing of the anime is just rough. Especially given they were allowed two seasons, might as well have tried to do a better job writing it. Adapt what you can and leave it open for the future.

Instead, they bum rushed everything and left a garbled narrative behind.
May 23, 8:47 AM
Dec 2020
its deffo overhated
May 23, 8:56 AM

Apr 2020
It’s just alright with a bad, open ending.

Even people you haven’t seen it tend to have very strong opinions, purely based on other peoples rants ….it’s weird xD
May 23, 10:23 AM

Aug 2014
No, S3 was just shit
May 23, 11:56 AM
Mar 2021
its very underhated
May 23, 12:05 PM
Dec 2015
There's only a couple of jarring differences, many events are quiet similar. I just finished reading the Root A portion of the manga. And while the manga is BETTER, it still is not as good as the first half. The series took a dive after Jason and that's a fact.
May 23, 12:46 PM
Oct 2019
i thought the second season was great, definitely doesn’t deserve the hate i’ve seen it get on tiktok. but of course it pales in comparison to the manga. i get it when people say that as a reasoning to dislike it, especially since it’s such a brilliant story, but as a separate entity from the manga i think that it’s a wonderful season.
tokyo ghoul :re however is much worse. i think they rushed into it far too much to the point i was confused by many things when i first watched it. i actually enjoyed the haise arc very much, but the second half was extremely lacking in details and story.

i don’t think it’s fair to criticise season 2 for the same reasons as the third, because from a watching standpoint the second season wasn’t difficult to follow at all.
May 23, 12:51 PM
Mar 2021
Obviously overhated by manga fans, as usual.
May 23, 2:39 PM
Mar 2021
as a kid i liked the second season, as i got older i understood that it kinda sucks cuz 90% doesnt really make any sense and now that ive read the manga im just sad... sad describes it the best.
May 23, 5:11 PM

Jul 2016
It's correctly disliked. One of the worst botch jobs I've seen.
May 23, 5:18 PM
Jan 2021
not hated enough imo
May 23, 6:14 PM
May 2024
When you watch it for the first time without reading the manga first is not that bad but a bit confusing. If you have read the manga previously you are just sad it is not adapted properly. The soundtracks are still amazing, only thing worth noting about season 2 :(
May 23, 6:50 PM

Mar 2015
I didn't read the manga at the time, but I watched season 1 and enjoyed it. I went into season 2, hoping it'd be the same enjoyment experience, and it wasn't.... thought it was weak in comparison to season 1. I only read the manga bout 2-3 years ago, and it only made the anime worse knowing what it should have been.
WARNING********
"Smokin Turtle Tank"
May 23, 10:04 PM

Apr 2018
I understand why people hate it but I personally love what they did with route A. It’s my favorite season out of them all tbh
May 24, 9:32 PM
Jun 2016
If u read the manga, my man, u know they changed the plot entirely or better said, REMOVED an important part of the thrama, thats a lil yikes. I liked it but when i found out that and read the manga i was like "ugh ... i like this less now"
May 25, 2:35 PM
Community Mod
Equanimity

Nov 2020
In direct comparison to the manga, the anime is terrible. But just looking at Tokyo Ghoul as an anime as if the manga didn't exist is ok and a bit overhated.
May 28, 10:45 AM
May 2023
Ive never read the manga, but season 1 & 2 were pretty good. The only thing I don’t like is the animation style but that’s just my personal preference. Season 3 is just confusing? It was hard to not drop as the story line became too confusing, Season 4 was worse than season 3. I had to stop watching as so many character changes and an even more confusing story line
May 28, 6:39 PM
Jan 2024
I enjoyed it! I definitely think it’s hated on too much.
Jun 18, 8:35 AM
Jul 2021
Reply to remeemes
876_him said:

you need to use punctuation.

responding to op: I was just super confused and there were a lot of loose ends. I decided against watching re: after seeing how rushed the second season of the original Tokyo ghoul was and assumed that's what happened with re: as well.
@remeemes Am sorry
Jul 7, 1:34 PM
May 2022
Few years ago I first finished the anime then start to reading manga. But I saw so many deleted scenes while I'm reading manga. If studio made the anime little bit more detailed or add few more scenes maybe it could be better.
Aug 11, 11:36 PM
Jul 2018
yes, and people are just going with the hate wave instead of actually expressing their own opinions

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2015

763 by MonkeyShines »»
Sep 18, 1:28 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 15, 2015

301 by MonkeyShines »»
Sep 12, 1:15 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2015

828 by MonkeyShines »»
Sep 10, 12:37 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 22, 2015

265 by zer0n21 »»
Aug 19, 5:40 AM

» This season was amazing, no cap.

GoatPieceLuffy - May 30

42 by Yuqie_ »»
Jul 7, 1:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.