Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Gods' Games We Play (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 20, 5:58 AM

Nov 2011
Looks like Fay's strategy this episode has to rely on a level of trust for his teammates.

But hey, he pushed his plan and is confident in himself and the team. This also feels like one of the more unpredicable games since there are many variables and possibilities.
May 20, 6:30 AM

Dec 2021
And so, another game begins.

The Sun Snatch Relay has finally begun. To deceive the gods, Fey and the rest of the team decided to play without revealing who holds the Sun Flower, even to themselves. This way, not only are they kept in the dark, but so are the gods. However, they face relentless pursuit from numerous cat golems, causing their numbers to dwindle one by one. In this dire situation, the question is: can Fey and the rest of the team find a way out...

The battle continues... unfortunately.

May 20, 7:09 AM
Mar 2021
this anime.....so dissapointing.

I don't get how the light novels were so popular. I feel nothing from these games
May 20, 7:44 AM

May 2015
The Sun Snatch Relay was a neat game. I thought the Oasis was just an excuse to fix Pearls outfit without creating any plot holes, but it also holding the gods sunflower was a nice subversion. The Bookkeeper already seems to be an interesting god. I wonder if her looking like Nel holds a deeper meaning to how her game worked, or if she just likes to psyche her opponents out.
May 20, 8:00 AM
Jul 2021
where's ecchi in this anime?! fçúk yu
May 20, 8:42 AM
Jan 2022
I do not understand why this has an Ecchi tag
May 20, 9:39 AM
Nov 2018
MrHunterxHunter said:

I don't get how the light novels were so popular. I feel nothing from these games

Because there's nothing to get. They get into games with incomplete rules. When they figure out the rules, the only person it makes sense to is the protagonist. It's something to watch with your brain completely turned off.
MoppitMay 20, 9:45 AM
May 20, 9:41 AM
Mar 2021
MrHunterxHunter said:

It's the anime's fault actually.

These kinds of series are a bit hard to adapt to the anime. But the LN are very fun and enjoyable.
May 20, 9:48 AM
Mar 2021
Moppit said:
MrHunterxHunter said:

Because there's nothing to get. They get into games with incomplete rules. When they figure out the rules, the only person it makes sense to is the protagonist. It's something to watch with your brain completely turned off.

well it's a god's games so it should be different from the normal ones and should be above human made rules.

Also, it shows that only MC is the best, but that certainly is not true. In the Light Novel, Fay stated that there are some people even he looks at nervously and doubts his victory against. Dax is one example too. Both are pretty much equal in terms of figuring out the hidden rules quickly.
May 20, 10:02 AM
Sep 2021
It was a good game, thanks to Fay & his teammates, humanity won another god's game.
May 20, 1:28 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
the shitty art is such a turn off....
May 20, 4:42 PM

May 2019
So Fay ended up giving one of his wins to Nel for an opportunity to erase one of her losses against the bookmaker (they should've just let Pearl use one of hers), she better not mess that up.
May 20, 5:33 PM

Sep 2023
The whole episode felt like total waste of time since we all know that with Pearl's arise they could have won that game in 1-2 minutes. But yeah... maybe it was all just made to show us Pearl's bra, idk honestly.
The god, defeating whom grants you -1 of your total losses, isn't popular? Really? That has to be a joke.
May 20, 8:23 PM
Mar 2021
LessThanAnimeFan said:
The whole episode felt like total waste of time since we all know that with Pearl's arise they could have won that game in 1-2 minutes. But yeah... maybe it was all just made to show us Pearl's bra, idk honestly.
The god, defeating whom grants you -1 of your total losses, isn't popular? Really? That has to be a joke.

Pearl's arise has a distance limit. so it wouldn't have ended with 1-2 minutes, no matter what she would have done. besides no can defeat a gods game solo by using a single arise, that's how they set it up.
May 20, 11:17 PM
Apr 2023
Impressive that they were able to transform that game of physical speed and endurance into a real game of deceit and cunning.
Now I wonder what blunder Nel will have to deal with.
May 21, 11:47 AM
Mar 2023
except for the first game fay's power is completely useless he never uses his immortality in his plans
May 21, 4:55 PM

Aug 2022
Despite the episode making it a point that Pearl needed to have a change of clothes, the next scene immediately right after acts as though she did not have any damaged clothes in the first place.... 😕

Ayakaxiao said:

GersonSalas said:
I do not understand why this has an Ecchi tag

The "ecchi" in this anime is false advertising.

When a series such as The Many Sides of Voice Actor Radio has spicier fanservice scenes than your alleged "ecchi" show, you've screwed up big time.
May 22, 7:28 AM

Feb 2016
Ayakaxiao said:

The only ecci was we've seen Pearl bra.
May 24, 1:47 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Damn the dessert game won't last long not even Kellich stay longer than half of episode, Fay betting his one win there to save Nel ass from inability-to-play misery. Wish you good luck against yourself, Reckless Nel
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
May 25, 7:14 AM
May 2024
its good i guess
dont really know how to express my thoughts
May 25, 11:00 AM
May 2021
This anime is much better than liar liar. Why the ratings are so bad??? Mal fellas on drugs
May 26, 11:21 AM

Jul 2019
Nice, the show is finally starting to live up to it's ecchi tag
Jun 1, 6:12 PM
May 2024
el peor anime que he viso en mi vida
Jun 10, 10:14 AM

Jul 2017
To fool your enemies, is to fool your friends first...that's what Fay is thinking against a god, but this is the Gods' Games, nothing is that simple.

15 vs. 1667 pawns of cat golems, it's not easy evading the horde, even pervy ones going for Pearl. In retrospect, the humans are in a disadvantage, even as strong ones like Dax are used as sacrifical pawns in the tension. As expected, Fay having the sun flower, he and Pearl reaching the gods' temple, victory is so close, yet so far as the god doesn't have the sun flower, but the poison one. In fact, Fay had help from Dax getting that specific flower from him (thanks to his bet with Nel), while Leshea had the poison, and Kelritch as power support to finish the game strong.

When one game ends, another starts to target the Bookmaker, of which Fay willl allow Nel to risk her three losses. But as it stands, Fay's unbeaten record is a huge risk, and bet on someone else's like Pearl's is a safeguard.

Still, if Nel couldn't win games, then that makes the entire proposition a joke.
Jul 3, 3:48 AM
Nov 2016
Did anyone else notice the typo error on the English Sub at 08:45 on episode 8 when they give the stats of the remaining players and breakdown of the flowers?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kami wa Game ni Ueteiru. Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 6

28 by Railen »»
Aug 26, 12:35 PM

Poll: » Kami wa Game ni Ueteiru. Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 24

35 by dhell26 »»
Aug 17, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Kami wa Game ni Ueteiru. Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 17

22 by PedroKarim64 »»
Aug 12, 9:27 PM

Poll: » Kami wa Game ni Ueteiru. Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 3

31 by lasodamos »»
Jul 28, 12:52 PM

Poll: » Kami wa Game ni Ueteiru. Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 15

29 by lasodamos »»
Jul 23, 1:15 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.