Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 18, 12:25 AM
Feb 2021
So, I haven’t watched it yet, interested in watching, but I was wondering one thing.
Why is score so low, compared to the manga? Is the anime not making it justice?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
May 18, 12:39 AM

Jan 2017
TheRealRouges said:
Why is score so low, compared to the manga? Is the anime not making it justice?

The Anime is good, but this Season was adapting only the 1st Arc of the Manga, which is considered to be only average (especially compared to what is after). Aside of that, the story, settings and characters definitely feels dated. You clearly can see that it's a Shounen Nekketsu from the 2000s, with a lot of inspiration from the 90s ones.

I feels like it's underrated (it even had a Score below 7 when it was airing), but it's not the kind of works that gets popular nowadays, anyway, and the crazyness and non-sense of a few elements they pulled did bother me.

Edit : It's also not popular, so as the Scores are weighted, it loses a few points during the calculation.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
May 18, 1:20 AM

Jul 2015
It's very good, but form White Fox I expected a little bit more. Still enjoyed it very much, tho.

May 18, 4:38 AM
Aug 2023
For a Satoshi Mizukami story, it’s not his best work. But there were parts I enjoyed, just felt like the pacing was too fast for the moments that were supposed to be heavy-hitting to have the desired impact, and like someone else mentioned the white fox animation got a bit awkward at times.
May 18, 4:50 AM
Aug 2020
jpexists said:
For a Satoshi Mizukami story, it’s not his best work. But there were parts I enjoyed, just felt like the pacing was too fast for the moments that were supposed to be heavy-hitting to have the desired impact, and like someone else mentioned the white fox animation got a bit awkward at times.

Sometimes, he gets fox tails out of nowhere and bit edgy screaming. And that samurai guy is a bit wimp most of anime. Tho anime isn't bad, it has an old vibe a bit, i would give this anime score any day higher than this usually same old crap isekai authors pulling off
May 18, 5:02 AM
Aug 2023
@Sekiro94 While I do agree more effort is put in here than your standard isekai, I just think it tripped on itself too many times to give it higher than a 5. I liked Sosuke but his sword training got rushed like hell and the fights in the last part between him & Resshin + Jinka & Douren ended on heavy anticlimaxes. Also hated the way they handled Shakugan’s death (sorry if that’s a spoiler)
May 18, 6:07 AM
Nov 2020
Hmm I enjoyed the story and the characters were interesting but I’m not a huge fan of the character designs. I think it has potential to be a good series and look forward to seeing the next part adapted.
May 18, 6:22 AM
Mar 2020
I actually think its score is pretty spot on. It was good, not very good or great, just good. Interested to see what’s to come
May 18, 6:35 AM
Mar 2022
average at best. max is 6 but no more than that
May 18, 6:44 AM
Community Mod
Undead

Mar 2022
Thread locked for not encouraging discussion.

Anime Discussion Rules: 2.e Please refrain from creating threads that do not encourage meaningful and/or civil discussion. Examples include:
e. MAL community data
e.g. Questioning the score/ranking/character favorite counts
e.g. Saying that series X should have a higher/lower score/count
e.g. Specific reviews, moderation of data/community content/reviews, etc.
Concerns about the website should be reported using the appropriate buttons or designated MyAnimeList boards.

You may also use this thread if you want to talk about overrated/underrated anime.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sengoku Youko: Yonaoshi Kyoudai-hen Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Apr 3

66 by ropiel »»
Jun 14, 9:59 AM

Poll: » Sengoku Youko Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 21

83 by ropiel »»
Jun 13, 1:15 AM

Poll: » Sengoku Youko Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 28

35 by wildhood »»
May 17, 8:19 AM

Poll: » Sengoku Youko Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 24

41 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 13, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Sengoku Youko Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 17

59 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 13, 4:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.