Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 1, 8:30 AM

Dec 2021
You've seen people get isekai'd into another world as many things, from humans to slimes, but you've never seen someone get isekai'd as every isekai's first opponent: Goblins. Well, that's what happens in Kanekiru's Re:Monsters.

One day, Tomokui Kanata was stabbed and killed with a knife. When he woke up, he found himself reincarnated as a goblin infant in a different world, named Gobrou. Gobrou, along with Goblin Kichi, a physically strong goblin infant born at the same time, begins hunting together, taking down prey together. Meanwhile, a certain no message flows through Goblin Rou's mind... Adding Gobbi to their group, the three defeat enemies one after another. And by consuming the prey they obtained, Gobrou continues to acquire skills one after another.

So, he died because of a stalker, was reborn as a lowly Goblin, but with memories. Now, there's a pretty good chance that he's going to be an Overlord Goblin? And he's going to live life to its fullest, huh... The tough part about the Human Women was a horrifying fact, especially when he was human in his former life. His stalker friend must have been controlled or something, lol, a goblin. A goblin is better than a human except for the intelligence (and life span?), so I guess he's lucky to have kept his memories. He has to do whatever he can to survive... So, Gluttonous power-up, huh... Kill stronger monsters and eat them soon, hell of a lot of power... He got a fan, huh... And what a stronger prey is over Gobrou, the more abilities he is going to get when he eats them... interesting.

A more unique approach than most isekais, and while the premise seems pretty interesting, it's a pretty generic start. I can see it picking up though, so I'll stick around.

Apr 1, 8:31 AM

Jul 2017
Is this a new season of Re:Zero? Sorry to break your balls, it's not that!
Author Kogitsune Kanekiru's only series that is Re:Monster, the original 2012 LN sure feels dated, and Studio Deen's anime adaptation...feels the same as well.

I forgot that this a J-Pop song made by K-Pop artistes of 2PM for the opening, the "Ding ding dong like King Kong" part is too hilarious to not be called out. EverdreaM's ED is just fine.

Being killed by someone, Tomokui Kanata is Re:Born as Gobrou, a lowly green goblin who grows fast like other goblins, though he acts more like a human rather than a stereotypical goblin, alongside his best buddy of Gobkichi, and the old-timer leader of Elder Gobiji. And yet, Gobrou's reincarnated world is so much better than his previous life.

Together with Gobmi and Gobkichi, the trio go hunting, and each creature granted Gobrou learning skills so much so that he can even be prepared for ambushes and strong enemies like orcs. And as the days pass and not even a half-month, Gobrou grows closer to a human, which Gobkichi wants to spar with him, they had their session's worth, while clearing out wild hordes of creatures as per usual and consuming them to shreds.

An alright start, there's many routes which this could go.
KANLen09Apr 2, 8:50 AM
Apr 1, 8:59 AM

Apr 2022
I love shows where the protagonists aren't human, there's so much more that you can do with that. It's hard to decide after first episode, so let's see if Re:Monster succeeds at taking advantage of that premise or fails spectacularly because they didn't try hard enough.
Apr 1, 9:16 AM

Aug 2018
Holy crap, I had no idea this was getting an adaptation. The very first isekai I've ever read, before I even knew what an isekai was. People are probably gonna call it a rip off of TenSura, even though it's way older. One of the real OGs.
Apr 1, 9:32 AM

Oct 2017
Leave it to deen to make the blandest adaptation possible. I seriously don't feel like continuing the anime. Even though the story is interesting and Gobmi's really sweet. Her mature form looks beautiful too, it's in the ED and her official character design. Btw that starting scene though, that girl sure killed him brutally. Yandere?
Apr 1, 9:34 AM

Feb 2020
Hmm, not bad. Pretty decent start.
Apr 1, 9:34 AM

Sep 2013
"Ding ding dong like King Kong."
They know exactly what this series is about. xD
Apr 1, 9:35 AM

Apr 2018
I will continue watching it but I must proclaim total goblin death for their way of procreation.
Apr 1, 9:36 AM

Jun 2019
Basically a goblin rimuru from what we’ve seen.
Apr 1, 9:39 AM

Oct 2017
Reply to KANLen09
Author Kogitsune Kanekiru's only series that is Re:Monster, the original 2012 LN sure feels dated, and Studio Deen's anime adaptation...feels the same as well.

I forgot that this a J-Pop song made by K-Pop artistes of 2PM for the opening, the "Ding ding dong like King Kong" part is too hilarious to not be called out. EverdreaM's ED is just fine.

Being killed by someone, Tomokui Kanata is Re:Born as Gobrou, a lowly green goblin who grows fast like other goblins, though he acts more like a human rather than a stereotypical goblin, alongside his best buddy of Gobkichi, and the old-timer leader of Elder Gobiji. And yet, Gobrou's reincarnated world is so much better than his previous life.

Together with Gobmi and Gobkichi, the trio go hunting, and each creature granted Gobrou learning skills so much so that he can even be prepared for ambushes and strong enemies like orcs. And as the days pass and not even a half-month, Gobrou grows closer to a human, which Gobkichi wants to spar with him, they had their session's worth, while clearing out wild hordes of creatures as per usual and consuming them to shreds.

KANLen09 said:
"Do I hear Goblins?" - Goblin Slayer
Imagine him getting isekaid as a goblin like Gobrou did.
Apr 1, 10:03 AM
Sep 2014
the male hobgoblins were hot that's it lol
Apr 1, 10:12 AM

Oct 2017
No words can express the immense gratitude in my eyes after watching the first episode of Monster Re, the premiere of one of the best isekai ever made in the history of the universe.
Thank you for making my life dream come true since when I was born I was hoping that Re Monster would have an adaptation and I finally received it in my lifetime. How good it is to be alive and experience such happiness and satisfaction, thank you.
Apr 1, 10:18 AM

Jan 2014
Wow, the premiere episode was much better than expected. Deen is actually serious with this. Because of how fast the days go by this will adapt an insane amount content. Let's see how it goes.
Apr 1, 10:28 AM

Jan 2008
It jumped in real fast and just kept going. Felt a bit too fast pace but I'm fine with getting pass the boring stuff. Not sure if anything was omitted though.

Also, Japan sure loves their goblins impregnating human females.
Apr 1, 10:29 AM

Apr 2021
Reply to KANLen09

@KANLen09 It would be interesting if they make a crossover with goblin slayer. Goblin slayer will come and massacre everyone here
Apr 1, 11:04 AM

Dec 2022
well its a nice show about a how a leader is born well that was just one episode though
got to wonder do hob goblins live longer than regular goblins just have to wait
Apr 1, 11:12 AM
Jan 2023
quite good but nothing too special
Apr 1, 11:31 AM
ざわ・・ ざわ・・

Oct 2012
I've seen every idea in this episode hundreds of times before. No thanks.
Apr 1, 11:45 AM

Nov 2023
Typical first isekai episode. The MC has a unique ability, which makes him way better than everyone else.
This time they were reincarnated as a goblin, who age really fast in this world (The Elder is just 20?!)
The question is, can they offer something different enough or will this be another boring isekai?
Apr 1, 11:49 AM

Aug 2013
Quite raw; which might be the appeal of the show.

Some raped pregger women in a cave, lets not think too much about that, seems legit.

Mostly room temperature IQ goblins in that group.

All in all pretty solid episode, but the voice over and abilities seem quite one-to-one with Slime, the rawness of the show might position itself as something unique though. It did so far.
Apr 1, 12:31 PM

Sep 2016
This was a strong start, this was a good first episode even if it was just a beginner's grind XD
Apr 1, 12:35 PM
Jul 2019
Finally they fixed some of the Pacing. The wolves chasing the horn rabbits shot was pretty bad. They animated one model for wolves and 1 model for rabbit and straight up copy and paste. All in all its pretty decent so far for the first episode. I hope they skip some of the days so its not boring to the other viewers.
Apr 1, 12:35 PM

Sep 2008
as a manga reader since a couple of years ago, I gotta say, this adaptation exceeded my expectations, and I'll happily continue watching it
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Apr 1, 12:36 PM
Jan 2019
nothing original, it looks like a bad version of that time i was reincarneted as a Slime.
Apr 1, 12:46 PM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
I wasn't planning on watching this but after the first episode I'm kind off hooked. I have one issue though and that would be the clothes... how did he get "normal" clothes just like that. That part is kind off disappointing. Wish he'd be more nude like before for some reason....
"You only realize the real value of something you discarded when you get the chance to pick it up again." - Rudeus Greyrat
Apr 1, 12:58 PM
Oct 2019
Reply to CielIsAWeeb
Basically a goblin rimuru from what we’ve seen.
@CielIsAWeeb It more like the oposite re monster is 2 year older that rimuru slime prety much took everythink from re monster and make it less dark
Apr 1, 12:58 PM
Oct 2019
Reply to Blackfire369
nothing original, it looks like a bad version of that time i was reincarneted as a Slime.
@Blackfire369 it more reincarneted as a Slime is a bad version of re monster you mean
Apr 1, 1:12 PM

Jul 2014
Generic isekai with MC having an OP superpower. Flaws of being in a child's body and being a goblin immediately resolved. Woo character building!
Goblins have access to the UI. Are born literate.
Animals and other monsters have all sorts of powers but seemingly don't use them, just there to be fed to the MC.
Apr 1, 1:33 PM
Aug 2018
I really dont know
Apr 1, 1:53 PM

Dec 2018
very good anime from beggining
Apr 1, 2:17 PM
Oct 2020
One of the best first episodes to a non-human isekai ive seen in the last 3 years!
I love how OP the guy is, yet he seems charismatic and kind.
Love the design of the main guy aswell, never thought i would have seen a goblin MC
Apr 1, 2:30 PM
Mar 2023
muy generico la verdad
Apr 1, 2:34 PM

May 2015
I always love the start of these monster isekais. Watching an MC start from 0 and building himself up in a new world is always a blast. Gobrou got to business quite quickly with those weapons he was making! His skill-stealing ability that apparently carried over is certain to make this easy mode.
Apr 1, 2:39 PM

Aug 2017
He gained those levels fast. The evolution part kinda reminds me of Unwanted Undead Adventurer, but I doubt that will be the focus in this show.

That basement part though, what are they doing with those poor humans...
Apr 1, 2:46 PM
Apr 2014
So instead of a slime or a spider eating stuff to level up, this time it's a goblin doing it.
Apr 1, 2:53 PM

Feb 2015
Looking forward to seeing where this goes based on the comments from the manga readers.
Apr 1, 3:11 PM

May 2019
So if this is one of the original isekais that was created I wonder why it took so long for an anime adaptation because a lot of this did remind me of That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime. Another part reminded me of Goblin Slayer and that is with the women that were locked up, I take it they're being kept to reproduce as one of them appeared pregnant.

Besides that I thought this was a decent 1st episode with the MC evolving faster than normal goblins and having more intelligence.
Apr 1, 3:46 PM
Nov 2021
First episode was a banger, tho I am interested more in his original world than in the new one, looking forward for more episodes.
Apr 1, 3:47 PM
Nov 2018
An Isekai that isn't generic, and kind of original. Hopefully its a fun show. Getting real slime vibes from it though.
Apr 1, 4:03 PM

Jun 2013
The way he died is just messed up
Apr 1, 4:43 PM
Jan 2017
Nothing impressive in this episode. But with the hints in the OP, I'll stick around and see what develops.
Apr 1, 6:13 PM
Jun 2022
the dub is pretty good 👍
Apr 1, 6:52 PM
Sep 2014
Reply to AbyssWalker21
Wow, the premiere episode was much better than expected. Deen is actually serious with this. Because of how fast the days go by this will adapt an insane amount content. Let's see how it goes.
@AbyssWalker21 Given what the OP showed, yeah, possibly further than I've read, though that's saying something. There's a lot of detail, the progress of days slows down a great deal eventually
Apr 1, 6:53 PM
Sep 2014
Reply to Alfredo-Sauce
So if this is one of the original isekais that was created I wonder why it took so long for an anime adaptation because a lot of this did remind me of That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime. Another part reminded me of Goblin Slayer and that is with the women that were locked up, I take it they're being kept to reproduce as one of them appeared pregnant.

Besides that I thought this was a decent 1st episode with the MC evolving faster than normal goblins and having more intelligence.
@Alfredo-Sauce Yeah, sex is kind of peppered throughout, but they likely will tone it down to a degree, if I had to guess. If anything, the moral quandaries are one of the interesting aspects, much like, say, Overlord in a way
Apr 1, 6:55 PM
Sep 2014
Reply to redorzo
He gained those levels fast. The evolution part kinda reminds me of Unwanted Undead Adventurer, but I doubt that will be the focus in this show.

That basement part though, what are they doing with those poor humans...
@redorzo The rules are explained with regards to monsters and it kind of gets complicated, though much of the main cast gets a special treatment. Plus, good luck trying to keep up with EVERY ability he gets, because there are dozens, if not probably over 100 in the current story
Apr 1, 6:56 PM
Sep 2014
Reply to Paul
It jumped in real fast and just kept going. Felt a bit too fast pace but I'm fine with getting pass the boring stuff. Not sure if anything was omitted though.

Also, Japan sure loves their goblins impregnating human females.
@Paul I feel like there might be basis otherwise, even possibly D&D, given how that influenced not only anime, but JRPGs like the original Final Fantasy
Apr 1, 6:57 PM
Sep 2014
Reply to Sokah
Generic isekai with MC having an OP superpower. Flaws of being in a child's body and being a goblin immediately resolved. Woo character building!
Goblins have access to the UI. Are born literate.
Animals and other monsters have all sorts of powers but seemingly don't use them, just there to be fed to the MC.
@Sokah I don't think every gobnlin has access to the UI, it appears to only be special ones like Goburou and Gobujii. The powers are often more passive, I think, it's more advanced monsters that have abilities that are used like it's an MMO
Apr 1, 7:01 PM

Jun 2023
Looks like a nice anime
Apr 1, 7:07 PM
Aug 2018
They rape woman humans
Apr 1, 7:12 PM
Dec 2010
Reply to RivailleAcker
They rape woman humans
@RivailleAcker Dude yeah WTF when i saw that they were behind their storage. Im surprised to see you comment that. everyone else is talking about the Evolution system and there's a huge RAPE being Ignored.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Monster Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 8

94 by clydexclyde »»
Sep 16, 4:46 PM

Poll: » Re:Monster Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - May 6

89 by lasodamos »»
Aug 22, 12:21 PM

Poll: » Re:Monster Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 15

169 by Whoash »»
Aug 15, 12:45 AM

Poll: » Re:Monster Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Jun 17

79 by Sats »»
Aug 9, 8:04 AM

Poll: » Re:Monster Episode 11 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Jun 10

45 by rnrb »»
Aug 2, 5:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.