Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 1, 2010 3:35 AM

Apr 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's official. Bring on the 8th child!!!!! xD

Jun 14, 2010 4:08 PM

Jul 2009
It's funny, I stopped for awhile after the last episode. Why do I always stop right before the best part?
Jul 19, 2010 11:45 PM
Jul 2010
aregatooo
Feb 6, 2011 9:47 AM
Aug 2009
New Chapter begins.
Sep 15, 2011 9:20 PM

Apr 2011

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
anime-primeOct 4, 2020 5:00 AM
Jun 28, 2013 9:43 PM
Oct 2010
soras "i love you" seemed outta place.

devimon dont have shit on meiotismon D: love what comes next
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Jan 27, 2014 4:54 PM

Sep 2010
vansonbee said:

You serious?

anime-primeOct 4, 2020 5:01 AM
Apr 10, 2014 3:42 AM
Mar 2013
sauveterre said:
vansonbee said:

You serious?

anime-primeOct 4, 2020 5:02 AM
May 12, 2014 3:58 PM

Jul 2013
emeraldrosary said:
sauveterre said:

You serious?

anime-primeOct 4, 2020 5:04 AM
Jul 7, 2014 7:48 PM

Oct 2013
Did Biyomon genderswap or something? 'Cause Garudamon looks and sounds like a bro.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Aug 11, 2014 11:01 PM

Oct 2009
Watching the Jyou/Mimi interactions made me remember how I used to ship them aggressively when I was younger. I declared to myself they are my one true couple, which is what people call OTP i think.
Feb 24, 2015 4:20 PM

Jan 2014
Garudamon's badass.
Jun 16, 2015 6:21 AM

Mar 2015
Did TK just mom-zone Sora?

"These digi-brats are making me feel... batty"
Possibly the worst bat pun to make considering "batty" means gay (atleast in the UK), unless the writers are trying to tell us something o_O.

I prefer the garudamon evolution than the 3D art for the other second evolutions we've had so far
Dec 27, 2015 2:23 PM

Apr 2013
I forgot how incredible Garudamon was. Looking foward to get him on Cyber Sleuth (Myotsimon too).
Jun 13, 2016 3:39 PM

Feb 2013
Garudamon was cool!
Vamdemon is strong and it seems that he isn't the only evil one.
May 29, 2017 1:50 PM
Dec 2014
Garudamon is the best transformation.
Dec 19, 2019 11:52 PM

Apr 2016
So the theme of this episode is "if you really love someone, you will let them go".

... what?

Now, ofcourse, fantasy exists to make manifest what would otherwise be internal conflicts. In the context of the story, letting Piyomon go wouldn't mean allowing Piyomon to charge blindly to her death, but to allow Piyomon to evolve into a form capable of driving back Vandemon. Nonetheless, the moral only really holds up in that scenario. Just take the prior episodes for example. Would it have really been "love" on the part of Taishi and Jou to just say "okay Mimi, we'll let you stay here in this imaginary castle", rather than continuing to try to bring around to her senses? Would it have really been love if Tentomon headed Koushirou's words and left him alone to practice that bizzaro-ritual? If there has been one thing the show has been consistent on up until this episodes, it's that if you really love someone, you will call them out on when they are screwing up, not out of spite, but because you do love them, and want to protect them. The moral of this episode seems to be at odds with how the rest of the series has been handling itself.
Jan 28, 2020 12:05 AM

May 2008
...I still do not understand what separates Love from Friendship nor what makes Sora's special for it to a Crest. I get the Crests are meant to tie into each child's personal problem and they're also meant to be the strongest trait they've have. So, Sora's is Love but... how? I can get behind the idea because her mom didn't express it enough she decided to do the opposite, but how does that translate out into the real world?

What has she done that isn't covered by Friendship?

And I think that's my issue with her entire character. She's a female Yamato and not even a good one. I do think there's a way to do a character about Love right without resorting to broken relationships and sex, but I don't think Adventure is it. That said, I did like how they handled the conversion between Sora and Takeru. It came the closest to "Love"; it was oddly sweet.

Valyrian1124 said:
So the theme of this episode is "if you really love someone, you will let them go".

... what?

Haha, I had the same thought. They have been trying to do the "selfless love" bit, where putting others in front of your own needs/wants is a type of love (hence why's she hiding yet helping) but... it's not that well done. Especially with this episode.

anime-primeOct 4, 2020 5:04 AM
Oct 4, 2020 4:02 AM

Dec 2012
Duckboat is on its last legs.
Yamato.
Dat yell.
Vamdemon. Perfect. Undead.
Courage, Hope, Friendship...
Crest of Love.
Flymon. Adult.
Dat theme. Agumon. Gabumon.
Marching fishes!
Birdramon.
Birdramon dipped.
Sora running.
Taichi found Sora.
Dat flashback.
Taichi: Crest of Courage. Yamato: Friendship. Takeru: Hope. Koushiro: Knowledge. Jo: Sincerity. Mimi: Purity. Sora: Love.
Taichi says love fits Sora perfectly.
Dat flashback. PicoDevimon.
Dat flashback. Her family is an ie-moto.
Sora cries.

So we finally learned all the crest names and finally know Taichi (in story, not from the preview), Koushiro, and Jo's. That digimon analyzer is a problem. Its going to take the Narrator's job. Koushiro used it and explained everything without the narrator. Damn technology is making people lose jobs. So only AtlurKabuterimon and Garudamon shinka aren't CG. Why is that?
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Sep 15, 10:52 AM
Apr 2021
Ah yes Sora's mother controlling her life and forcing her to spend her time doing something she doesn't enjoy is the same as Sora worrying about Piyomon imminently risking its life in battle. ????????

More topics from this board

» The real reason why people say Digimon is better than Pokemon is because of the dub.

funtime43_tr - Jun 8, 2023

14 by Zarutaku »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 7 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 6, 2010

19 by Giulezkami »»
Sep 12, 12:40 PM

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 9 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 6, 2010

17 by Violet_Midnight »»
Aug 21, 10:45 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure Episode 42 Discussion

BluaPapilio - Jul 17, 2013

8 by thiagolixo »»
Aug 2, 7:03 PM

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 21 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 27, 2010

33 by thiagolixo »»
Jun 18, 8:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.