Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 8, 2023 5:15 AM

Sep 2021
OMG Glad Camel didn't die! After that blood spurting.

Sadly 2 BO episodes  😭
Need more please, TMS entertainment
Apr 8, 2023 5:44 AM

Dec 2015
Even the BO members were surprised to find Camel in there XD.
Fire to smoke him out and a grenade to do a double tap with a bang. Jeez Rum and Gin have quite the sadistic tendencies.

It was kind of obvious who it was going to be due to the others not being "too" suspicious.
Rumi seems to have some connection with Koji Haneda. Plus, considering Bourbon was close to the detective agency it would make sense for RUM to be around there as well.

I've seen the OP quite a few times and was curious about why the characters were winking throughout the OP.

I get it has to do with RUM but did not expect there to be a secret message when that occurs.
You can find the  answer on the Detective Conan Black Organization Twitter Account.

キャメルさんの新しい髪型なんかかっこよそう。でも、2〜3年前にRUMはキャメルと出会った。
さっきのキャメルと今のキャメルは同じ髪型だから、大丈夫かなあ。バレる可能性が高いね。
hai_X_isApr 8, 2023 5:57 AM
Apr 8, 2023 6:20 AM
Jun 2020
I love this anime, but none of my friends have seen it, I wish I had someone to talk with about this masterpiece…
Apr 8, 2023 6:21 AM
Aug 2018
Akai-san shot is impossible. I'm pretty sure, in real life, even trained people would not been able to shoot someone running with one shot on a very specific spot, even if it was only 10-20 meters away.
But 1300 meter away ? 
Yeah, right.
And I'm sorry, Kudo-san's father, but, just because you said Akai-san handled the matter in the most optimal way, I disagree. 
They had 6 members of the organization in direct line of a sniper, on a bridge. Truth is, they are ALL dead. All. Of. Them. Are. Dead. Before they can even make it back to the forest.
You don't even need your ridiculous plan of having Akai-san shooting Camel.
You killed them before they even start shooting Camel.

Just saying "they would have started firing to the boat trying to extinguish the fire" is ridiculous. If you have a sniper killing every one of your team, you are not going to start shooting on a boat with a gun. 

A ridiculous case where almost every single decision was ridiculous (from both side) which didn't have any special interest since the reveal has no direct link with the case (and reveal is only for the viewer sake, as if the author is trying to say : Hey, I know, this arc was so bad, I'll just give you a reveal so we can pretend it was worth your time).

As FBI said, they had 7 causalities and nothing to show for it. Expect the information that Rum has a fake eye. Which, I'm sure, is already common knowledge since at least several year (difficult to say with the number of filler). 

Well, I guess, now this arc is over, see you guys in a few months, when we have another two or three episode of manga adaptation.

Apr 8, 2023 6:27 AM

Jul 2013
is eps 1080 (next after this) is canon manga as well?
Apr 8, 2023 11:04 AM
Jun 2017
shuffle_017 said:
No, it's Anime Original. Next Canon one is a Heiji Case as per Manga order.
Apr 8, 2023 1:21 PM
Apr 2023
shuffle_017 said:

Yeah this is a good question. Did not seem to be canon, left me curious as well.
Apr 8, 2023 1:21 PM
Apr 2023
Akai-AC said:
shuffle_017 said:
No, it's Anime Original. Next Canon one is a Heiji Case as per Manga order.

Ah, that explains it! Thanks.
Apr 8, 2023 1:39 PM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
I was pretty sure Wakita was Rum, so I glad I wasn't wrong. He really did a good job worming his way into the detective agency. I am glad that Camel is still alive, though I am not sure if that haircut would really fool Wakita if he saw him again.

This was a really fun case, and I hope it isn't too long before we get another FBI and Black Organization case.
Apr 8, 2023 1:41 PM

Feb 2021
shuffle_017 said:

It is is a pre-story for the upcoming movie Black Iron Submarine, so it is a MUST SEE!
Apr 8, 2023 4:36 PM

Jul 2013
sudeepan said:
shuffle_017 said:

Yeah this is a good question. Did not seem to be canon, left me curious as well.

i see...
noted, thanks!

--

Memore said:
shuffle_017 said:

It is is a pre-story for the upcoming movie Black Iron Submarine, so it is a MUST SEE!

ouh, good to know. thanks!
Apr 8, 2023 4:41 PM

Feb 2021
shuffle_017 said:
sudeepan said:

i see...
noted, thanks!

--

Memore said:

ouh, good to know. thanks!

You are welcome!!
Apr 9, 2023 2:51 PM

May 2018
Now when the cat is out of the bag, we can confirm for the anime audience that "Lum is Rum" was Gosho Aoyama trolling...also flexing his abilities to write manga characters for certain VAs.
Apr 10, 2023 3:41 PM
Jul 2013
I feel so vindicated, I keep telling my husband that Japanese romanize differently to us! That’s why sometimes to western audiences, Japanese offical merchandise in romaji looks almost ‘fake’ to us because they use a different system… like fu turns into hu and jo turns into jyo sometimes… it took the episode of Conan to get it into his head 😂😂 but man I was terrified that they’d kill Camel off because of what happened to his seiyuu, whew!
Apr 10, 2023 3:44 PM
Jun 2021
Rukodaime91 said:
Akai-san shot is impossible. I'm pretty sure, in real life, even trained people would not been able to shoot someone running with one shot on a very specific spot, even if it was only 10-20 meters away.
But 1300 meter away ? 
Yeah, right.
And I'm sorry, Kudo-san's father, but, just because you said Akai-san handled the matter in the most optimal way, I disagree. 
They had 6 members of the organization in direct line of a sniper, on a bridge. Truth is, they are ALL dead. All. Of. Them. Are. Dead. Before they can even make it back to the forest.
You don't even need your ridiculous plan of having Akai-san shooting Camel.
You killed them before they even start shooting Camel.

Just saying "they would have started firing to the boat trying to extinguish the fire" is ridiculous. If you have a sniper killing every one of your team, you are not going to start shooting on a boat with a gun. 

A ridiculous case where almost every single decision was ridiculous (from both side) which didn't have any special interest since the reveal has no direct link with the case (and reveal is only for the viewer sake, as if the author is trying to say : Hey, I know, this arc was so bad, I'll just give you a reveal so we can pretend it was worth your time).

As FBI said, they had 7 causalities and nothing to show for it. Expect the information that Rum has a fake eye. Which, I'm sure, is already common knowledge since at least several year (difficult to say with the number of filler). 

Well, I guess, now this arc is over, see you guys in a few months, when we have another two or three episode of manga adaptation.

Go explain to the police why there are 6 dead bodies... or try justify to the CIA why one of their agent was killed or, if not, explain how Kir could explain she was the only "lucky" one to survive.

The real information Camel got was that he's disguised with a silly name (in case you didn't notice, Wakita Kanenori = Kanenari Tokiwa = Time is Money (in Japanese), a phrase both pronounced in Japanese and English by Komei in an earlier case).

And finally the true shocking reveal is not Rum's identity (who's not hard to guess lol), but the fact he's the old man from episode 503.

By the way, WR of shooting is 3500 yards, 1300 is nothing.

I forgot one detail : for the first time in DC, we know who's the badguy before Conan and he's really close to him.
anime-primeApr 10, 2023 4:48 PM
Apr 15, 2023 1:59 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
amazing episode, Conad helped at Camel!!!

The most important, finally, we know the Rum face, and SURPRISE, also to me!!! kekeke
Apr 15, 2023 10:24 PM
Feb 2014
alshu said:
Now when the cat is out of the bag, we can confirm for the anime audience that "Lum is Rum" was Gosho Aoyama trolling...also flexing his abilities to write manga characters for certain VAs.

I don't understand the Lum is Rum part, can you explain please!!
Apr 16, 2023 4:04 AM

Dec 2010
That was intense and that confirmation that the old guy who idolised kogoro is Rum all along. 
He was very suspicious during the times he appeared and his relationship with Conan.
Apr 16, 2023 8:44 AM

May 2018
yami-no-tenshii said:
alshu said:

There was an omake page (which I can't find any more) with Lum from Urusei Yatsura being presented as the true identity of Rum - with black clothes and holding a bottle of rum.
It's a pun since Lum is pronounced in japanese the same way as Rum.
The other joke being that the VA of Lum from the original Urusei Yatsura (in the newer version she plays her mother) is playing a character in Detective Conan - Wakasa-sensei, which till the last episode was one of the candidates for Rum.
Another Urusei Yatsura joke is when Wakasa met detective Yamamura who is voiced by the VA whд played Ataru (in the newer version he plays his father). They had an interesting double meaning conversation...which even came from the manga.
Not the first time Gosho Aoyama wrote certain characters for certain VAs either. For example he wrote Akai Shoichi to be a bit like Char Aznable and Tooru Amuro to be like Amuro Ray and they are played by their respective VAs from Gundam.
Apr 16, 2023 5:08 PM
Feb 2014
alshu said:
yami-no-tenshii said:

There was an omake page (which I can't find any more) with Lum from Urusei Yatsura being presented as the true identity of Rum - with black clothes and holding a bottle of rum.
It's a pun since Lum is pronounced in japanese the same way as Rum.
The other joke being that the VA of Lum from the original Urusei Yatsura (in the newer version she plays her mother) is playing a character in Detective Conan - Wakasa-sensei, which till the last episode was one of the candidates for Rum.
Another Urusei Yatsura joke is when Wakasa met detective Yamamura who is voiced by the VA whд played Ataru (in the newer version he plays his father). They had an interesting double meaning conversation...which even came from the manga.
Not the first time Gosho Aoyama wrote certain characters for certain VAs either. For example he wrote Akai Shoichi to be a bit like Char Aznable and Tooru Amuro to be like Amuro Ray and they are played by their respective VAs from Gundam.

Thank you for explaining! I was thinking maybe Wakitas VA had to do something with Urusei Yatsura, that's why couldn’t connect the dots.

I love this about Aoyama sensei honestly. He even included Conans real VA in the story (two mix)!
Apr 17, 2023 3:28 AM

Oct 2015
alshu said:
bro he managed to get koiichi yamadera for tsutomu lmao
dude lowkey flexs
So embarrased with Tensura fans and the fandom, how have we degraded
Apr 17, 2023 5:46 AM

May 2018
yami-no-tenshii said:
real VA in the story (two mix)

Thus not only her, bet her brother too...sadly he didn't had a speaking part.

Mei-o_Scarlett said:

dude lowkey flexs

Yeah, great to have him in different roles here (for example he voiced the perfect pitch violin playing dude in the The Dissonance of the Stradivarius case).
This could be a flex on the production side, tho...I don't see any connection with a popular role of his and this character in the manga. If there is, I am curious to learn it.
Apr 17, 2023 5:53 AM

Oct 2015
alshu said:
yami-no-tenshii said:
real VA in the story (two mix)

Thus not only her, bet her brother too...sadly he didn't had a speaking part.

Mei-o_Scarlett said:

dude lowkey flexs

Yeah, great to have him in different roles here (for example he voiced the perfect pitch violin playing dude in the The Dissonance of the Stradivarius case).
This could be a flex on the production side, tho...I don't see any connection with a popular role of his and this character in the manga. If there is, I am curious to learn it.
not to tsutomu specifcally but basically
Aoyama: 
Mine’s not that far of a relationship, but I have stated many times with determination that “this actor should voice this character”. For example, Koichi Yamadera, who voiced Tsutomu Akai, a character that recently appeared in the anime, was chosen by me

in his head
yamadera sounds like tsutomu
so he has to get him for tsutomu
das it really
no connection
just a fcku i control this anime production flex kek

like oda and franky
So embarrased with Tensura fans and the fandom, how have we degraded
Apr 18, 2023 9:05 PM

Jul 2008
First off Akai....you couldnt snipe off one or two of them? Really?

2nd....HOLY CRAP ITS THE COOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Apr 20, 2023 9:35 PM
May 2012
So it was Kanenori Wakita, not sure why I thought he was in the clear.
Apr 24, 2023 1:11 AM

May 2012
alshu said:
Lum isn't Rum but Wakita is also inspired by Danpei from Ashita no Joe so it's a win win regardless
Apr 25, 2023 8:24 AM
Sep 2013
The stupidest arc I’ve seen ever. An FBI agent doesn’t understand the concept of laying low, starts a fire at the beach as if it was a summer beach festival. Seriously what the actual #*^$!?

Even when the BO members find him hiding in that ridiculously obvious place, he just manages to disappears like a ninja without a trace. It’s like, the first thing that comes to mind is to surround the that place blocking the exits and having one or two go inside to look for him, or even better, just block all exits and burn the place. And how the freaking hell was he able to bury himself that quickly following conan’s instructions being that stupid!?!

Every decision made from beginning to end is just stupid and anyone watching can see the potential disaster from miles away. To make it work, they had to dumb every smart character in the show to allow not only making the stupid mistakes, but to allow everyone else to miss them as well. Going out knowing the risk of exposing Kir was extremely stupendous.

Kir and Camel should’ve both died.

I hated it. So many things were wrong on so many levels. I was looking forward to this arc. What a disappointment.
youcifApr 25, 2023 8:31 AM
Apr 29, 2023 11:24 PM
Aug 2021
From the elimination process – we can point out that Rum was Wakita all along who works as a cook next to the detective office. Akai and Conan trick to save Camel miraculously succeeded in tricking the Black Organization. Akai guiding Camel and Rum guiding the Black organization was truly my favorite Arc.
May 4, 2023 8:49 PM

Apr 2016
Camel was so annoying throughout this whole arc and he only got his hair shaved? Boo, give him a silly tattoo.
Jun 14, 2023 2:47 PM
Jun 2021
youcif said:
The stupidest arc I’ve seen ever. An FBI agent doesn’t understand the concept of laying low, starts a fire at the beach as if it was a summer beach festival. Seriously what the actual #*^$!?

Even when the BO members find him hiding in that ridiculously obvious place, he just manages to disappears like a ninja without a trace. It’s like, the first thing that comes to mind is to surround the that place blocking the exits and having one or two go inside to look for him, or even better, just block all exits and burn the place. And how the freaking hell was he able to bury himself that quickly following conan’s instructions being that stupid!?!

Every decision made from beginning to end is just stupid and anyone watching can see the potential disaster from miles away. To make it work, they had to dumb every smart character in the show to allow not only making the stupid mistakes, but to allow everyone else to miss them as well. Going out knowing the risk of exposing Kir was extremely stupendous.

Kir and Camel should’ve both died.

I hated it. So many things were wrong on so many levels. I was looking forward to this arc. What a disappointment.
They are 6 and have ~3 hours to search one man on a huge island. Do you think they have the time to search one place commando style ?
Jun 30, 2023 12:39 AM
Aug 2021
Klevi_5 said:
I love this anime, but none of my friends have seen it, I wish I had someone to talk with about this masterpiece…
you are at right place man …. : )
Aug 6, 2023 4:15 AM
May 2021
Finally we see the famous theme from the manga in the Anime :)))
Sep 22, 2023 6:23 AM

Mar 2011
The fact that Camel survived is thanks to others not his own mind... But to be honest? I'm not in the least bit surprised by Rum'S identity. Somehow the plot-twists of this show sometimes fail to be really shocking. I'm not saying that it's bad... But maybe all these fillers make them lose their impact. Other than this these episodes were amazing.
You're the light shining over The black and gloomy nights
So long I've been waiting To run into your arms
Oh, my only one desire You're the one I need
Through the thousand years ~ Evermore

"Midnight Sun" by AleXa

Sep 26, 2023 12:55 PM

Jan 2016
Some of things on the arc was too unbelievable, but I still enjoyed it. I eliminated the lady from the 3 possible Rum candidates, but now we know for sure it was the sushi guy.

Oct 30, 2023 1:00 AM

Jul 2012
Yeah that was super exciting lol. They are lucky there were so many items to use in that abandoned cafe.
Dec 23, 2023 12:07 PM
Mar 2018
Never has the show looked better in its modern period than in these last three episodes! The directing, the animation, the color grading; everything was splendid! Much more mature and pleasing to the eye than the bubblegum visuals we've so often been condemned to these last few years.

As for the story, it was great, if not for the seemingly unending stupidity of the FBI side of things. It isn't too surprising how many of them got killed when Camel can't even figure out for himself that starting a fire on the beach is a bad idea when trying to lay low... Still, I loved the tension of the car chase, as well as the manhunt, and the happenings at the Kudo residence were fun to follow.

Oh, and Camel looks much better with a buzzcut, don't know why his colleagues were snickering.
May 22, 11:02 AM
Sep 2020
best episode so far
7 hours ago
Nov 2013
The Rum reveal was kinda dampened by the opening, so that was whatever I guess.

I don't know why Japan always does that shit with the spoilers.

Only 'surprise' I can see now, with Rum, is if 'he' ends up being two or three people, making the fake rumors not actually that fake.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 1078 Discussion

shuffle_017 - Apr 1, 2023

15 by Nakuy »»
Yesterday, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 1077 Discussion

anime-prime - Mar 25, 2023

14 by Nakuy »»
Yesterday, 11:10 PM

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 255 Discussion

giraffesyo - Nov 6, 2012

9 by BladeX05 »»
Yesterday, 10:32 AM

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

WolfWood37 - Feb 25, 2010

57 by JoeChip »»
Yesterday, 9:07 AM

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 250 Discussion

giraffesyo - Nov 6, 2012

20 by ZZZ111000 »»
Yesterday, 7:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.