Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 4, 2022 7:56 AM

Feb 2020
Sogo's father is nothing but trash. Seriously.

I loved the radio show. All those words came straight from Sogo's heart.

And Tamaki was the hero of the episode. I'm glad he said all those things to that jerk. I really hope he learned something.

Also, I like the new ED. Definitely better than the first one imo.

By the way, here's the full ED song.

MEZZO - Colorful

SerafosMay 27, 11:36 AM
Dec 4, 2022 8:49 AM

Jul 2015
Such a beautiful episode. OMG, I cried so much, it was so precious to hear Sougo talk about himself and how music saved him. Tamaki's speech about doing what makes one happy was marvelous.
Osaka papa really deserves to be punched...
The ED was perfect.
I love this series so much!
Dec 4, 2022 9:55 AM

May 2014
I LOVE YOU SOGO!!! *____*
It is so adorable how Tamaki can be childish but can also be matured at the same time. Now, he's taking care of Sogo in his own way *__*
Sogo is so precious when he's acting like this. It makes me want to protect him at all costs haha.

Wow, new ED. Is this the start of the next cour?

Appreciation to the graphic artists of the ED. They got amazing eyes. I love how different shades of violet and blue were combined in one picture. It's giving my eyes a cooling effect haha.

MEZZO's new single *__* ahhh sooo love the intro

violityDec 7, 2022 8:48 AM
Dec 4, 2022 10:50 AM
Jul 2021
Simply beautiful, a whole rollercoaster that i'm happy to watch
Dec 4, 2022 12:42 PM
Sep 2015
To be honest, this episode leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
I already expect that the conversation (or more like negotiation) between Sogo and his dad is not gonna be pleasant, but I don't think it's gonna be this bad.
Sogo's dad might be even worse than Tsukumo in some aspects, and Tsukumo is already bad enough in my eyes.
Somehow everything solved nicely after the radio, unreasonably solved, I'm not convinced, and I'm not satisfied.
But at least I like the part where many fanclubs are gathering outside the studio to support Sogo.
PS: The thing about radio is that it's dying media, even evolving to web radio doesn't help much, yet somehow Japan want to rush to its funeral by blocking people outside Japan to listen to the web radio.
Dec 4, 2022 1:58 PM
Oct 2017
crying like i've almost been hit by a car at full speed but it stopped a few inches before touching me
Dec 4, 2022 2:05 PM

Mar 2008
I'm starting to like Tamaki more and more.
Dec 4, 2022 3:16 PM

Mar 2007
Sougo's father, I get where he's coming from. After watching the uncle die a pauper, of course he doesn't want the same fate for his son. As a parent, I get this. My kid wants to be an artist, but success in art is about the same as winning the lottery unless one has wealth or connections (sad, but true), even mad talent is sometimes insufficient. So for most, art is a hobby, not a profession you can make enough money to support yourself with. Hence the term "starving artist", those ones are usually being supported by other people.

There are rare ones who do succeed, but for every success story there are thousands who fail. We saw this in Paripi Koumei where Azalea had to sell out their bodies (skimpy clothing, masks, songs not in their genre, dance numbers) to succeed, and even more in Deaimon where the MC finally gave up on his band (everyone else left) when they realized they can't make a living at it.

Still, Sougo has his own life to live and should at least be given the chance to succeed or fail on his own, without parental interference. Idolish 7 and Mezzo are both doing well, his father should be happy that the son can "ride the wave" of his hopefully more than 15 minutes of fame.

Note: It's well known the Japanese idol industry churns through the pre-teen young hopefuls at such a rate that those over 25 are considered washed up. It shouldn't be like this; I mean the Rolling Stones are still touring and some of them are grandpas! I guess if I want to see older idols, it will be like Eternal Boys, which frankly, has been a realistic look at how hard is for older idols to even get a foothold in the industry.

And oh yeah, Sougo's father is a POS for trying to pin the blackmail hitting the butler thing on Tamaki. Glad Tamaki let him have it. I know he loves his son but that was going too far. Everyone deserves the chance to succeed or fail on their own merits.

++ those lovely fans of Mezzo, Trigger and Idolish 7. Really if they have this kind of fans, they should keep going with their Music. That was awesome. So awesome someone was cutting onions.
Stormy_77Dec 4, 2022 3:22 PM
Dec 4, 2022 4:17 PM

Nov 2019
Finally Sougo's episode came

In tears because his father is awful, poor Tamaki-kun was going to be convicted geh

Sougo's come a long way from the start of the series, and he's still growing. This episode truly does show the turning point in his life though :"3

So happy for him ue

The contents of the radil show, the solidarity shown amongst the listeners, along with Tama's talk with Osaka-san truly was amazing to watch

Loved the ed <3

Can't wait for the next episode waa
Dec 5, 2022 7:32 PM
Jan 2017
Well, they did it. Just this once, Tamaki and Sougo saved the day. Still, I don't think the help Sougo got from his father doesn't look like it will be given without a catch, so I'm expecting he will ask from Sougo in return for not arresting Tamaki.

I really don't want to be cynical, but this is a dramatic show, okay? I know how this thing works. Dramatic things must happen to the characters in order to keep viewers emotionally interested in the story.
Dec 5, 2022 9:21 PM
Jul 2021
A while back, before I got into Idolish7 recently, I took a silly personality quiz and got Sogo Osaka as my result.

The entire time, I wonder "who's my favorite character?" and I feel drawn to Sogo since then and since continuing to watch this. All of the characters are good. I love all of them. The stories are good, raw, real.

But listening to Sogo's speech on the radio show, I cried. I didn't have a parent like Sogo's dad. I've always only had my mom and have dealt with not having a Dad and bad experience with my ex-step father. For so long, I've dealt with similar feelings to him feeling anxious or hating myself and wanting to be different. I understand how he feels and though our situations are different the feelings are relatable.

Feeling happy in what you love. Remembering those that are there for you.

Singing with my mom was a happy memory I have on several occasions during the most difficult times my family has had. Support and the family that was here for me, God, friends, they all mean so much to me too and I think his message was really important. Like so many, I want to be myself again and be better for everyone around me too.

Thanks for reading. I'm glad I was introduced to this series. God bless all of you! ♡ I hope to enjoy more after this too. Thank you.
Dec 6, 2022 6:04 AM

Mar 2016
This ep hit home ;u;
Dec 6, 2022 9:26 AM

Jun 2019
Dad deserved a good punch tho
Dec 9, 2022 11:36 AM
Sep 2018
Does anyone know what the ed song is called? It’s so beautiful! It perfectly captured how I was feeling during the end scene of the episode lol.
Dec 9, 2022 2:18 PM

Feb 2020
ArissaMatsuoka said:
Does anyone know what the ed song is called? It’s so beautiful! It perfectly captured how I was feeling during the end scene of the episode lol.

MEZZO - Colorful. I embedded the video to my first message. Check it out. :)

SerafosDec 9, 2022 2:22 PM
Dec 12, 2022 7:52 AM

Oct 2017
I so wish I had Tamaki as a friend.
Dec 18, 2022 5:05 PM

Mar 2012
I love the artwork in the ED. I'm glad Sougo is able to move forward with more confidence in himself.
Jul 31, 2023 8:43 PM

Dec 2012
Just like with TRIGGER's street performance, Sogo's heartfelt speech has me feeling so fortunate. I really liked the added detail of those little fan messages & how they're similarly encouraged to love themselves through his songs. The way Tamaki casually defused the fans' concerns was so great too. It's precisely because he's always speaking from the heart that it hits right there.
Sep 30, 2023 7:03 AM

Jul 2007
Awww my Mezzo kids, I love them so much!
I was hoping Tamaki hugged Sogo when he started crying but oh well (I also wanted a kiss but that's my shipping heart lol).
Such a lovely episode!!
Feb 18, 6:09 AM

Jun 2021
This was an emotional one. Loved the ED too

More topics from this board

Poll: » IDOLiSH7 Third Beat! Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion

Serafos - Dec 11, 2022

8 by MickeyMinaj »»
Feb 18, 6:57 AM

Poll: » IDOLiSH7 Third Beat! Part 2 Episode 16 Discussion

Serafos - Feb 19, 2023

14 by gandoon »»
Feb 4, 9:10 PM

Poll: » IDOLiSH7 Third Beat! Part 2 Episode 17 Discussion

Serafos - Feb 26, 2023

14 by hanyuhi16 »»
Feb 2, 11:19 AM

Poll: » IDOLiSH7 Third Beat! Part 2 Episode 14 Discussion

flaresherbert - Feb 5, 2023

13 by hanyuhi16 »»
Feb 2, 9:36 AM

Poll: » IDOLiSH7: Third Beat! Part 2 Episode 2 Discussion

Partyu - Oct 9, 2022

20 by BenjaminJunior »»
Jan 29, 4:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.