Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 4, 2021 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
High stakes this episode with completion of the key on the line. Teruto's pretty much set on his goal at this point.

With the way events are developing, I also hope that Sakura has her confidence and head in this game. Seems they're really going to push the big fights for the next episodes.
Dec 4, 2021 10:29 AM
Aug 2015
Overall great episode from a story perpsective. I was not expecting this to be as Sakura focused as it was but it was nice. My only gripe was the duel. I liked the first several duels but the last couple duels they've started cutting a lot more. It's still doing a decent job at promoting new cards and showing what they can do but they are cutting through parts of the duel hurting the flow. I think this was the shortest duel yet at 5 minutes and in hindsight it makes sense why it was short given how the rest of the runtime focused more on Sakura and addressing more mysteries and setting up Kikka v Sakura. I can tolerate abbreviating the duels to an extent because everything else about the show is solid, but I'd really like them to slow down and show a bit more especially since this next one is important. Seems Mikhail will also be relevant since they hinted at some stuff about him too.
Dec 4, 2021 10:42 AM

Jul 2017
One more chip before Teruto faces his sister, the King, Kikka once again.

The next showdown of Teruto against this young boy Mikhail Saiki, they really pulled all the stops for this one for the last step before the King.

The twist with Sakura though, her reason is more vague than Teruto's: her origin story provided by Ishinome, and going even complex as to separate the body (taken by Kikka) and soul (which is her self in the world). So that's why Sakura saw to seek out a challenger like Teruto for a start after being in some battles which went nowhere.

It's all or nothing for Sakura with her two hands.
Dec 4, 2021 3:38 PM
Jul 2018
The plot is headed in something with these revelations precisely with Sakura and very likely that the next episode will have some fights having something behind it all.
Dec 4, 2021 4:41 PM
Mar 2021
There is no way sakura should've been able to get in the palace even if she had the key, because with all that technology neo kyoto has teruto is the only who should've been in the palace, with guests.
Dec 4, 2021 9:37 PM
Jul 2019
By the way people im pretty sure i could be incorrect, i think sakura is kikka. Which would actually be a good twist
Dec 4, 2021 10:26 PM

Jun 2021
Sterben0022 said:
OMy only gripe was the duel. I liked the first several duels but the last couple duels they've started cutting a lot more. It's still doing a decent job at promoting new cards and showing what they can do but they are cutting through parts of the duel hurting the flow.

This. Mikhail's deck looked fun and had a cool playstyle. But we only just get glimpse of it. I'm glad that the plot is so engaging, but so is the game it centers around.
Dec 6, 2021 1:38 AM
May 2019
So if Sakura can't eat or drink anything because she's a soul. Then how come she fought that girl over that smoothie a few episodes back. Pride?
Dec 6, 2021 8:54 AM
Aug 2015
Jpl79 said:
So if Sakura can't eat or drink anything because she's a soul. Then how come she fought that girl over that smoothie a few episodes back. Pride?

She was going to get the smoothie for Hiyori iirc. But yeah it was mostly a pride thing to show even if she's not human physically she still has elements of her humanity intact.
Dec 31, 2021 1:26 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Yeah of course Sakura used Teruto to get all the chips and be able to fight the king again since she lost her body against the king it seems like... I expect her to lose again xD
Aug 22, 2022 1:17 AM

Jul 2015
Fast match against Mikhail there. Although her betrayal wasn't much of a surprise, I'm not sure why Sakura thinks she can win from Kikka if she couldn't win from Teruto at all.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Build Divide: Code Black Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2021

20 by Unkrowned »»
Aug 22, 2022 2:10 AM

Poll: » Build Divide: Code Black Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2021

8 by Unkrowned »»
Aug 22, 2022 1:47 AM

Poll: » Build Divide: Code Black Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2021

12 by Unkrowned »»
Aug 22, 2022 1:32 AM

Poll: » Build Divide: Code Black Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2021

21 by Unkrowned »»
Aug 21, 2022 3:11 PM

Poll: » Build Divide: Code Black Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2021

17 by Unkrowned »»
Aug 21, 2022 2:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.