Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 3, 2021 4:41 AM
Jun 2020
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
It's finally over. God I love this series so much. It was nice seeing everything wrapping up
Oct 3, 2021 7:34 AM

Apr 2020
Literally the perfect ending for this series!
"Humans are like isolated islands, floating in the sea of fate.
Human encounters are like the collision of these lonely islands, and once they touch, there would be an effect. Sometimes, the islands would stick together, in the name of ‘interest’, ‘kinship’, ‘friendship’, ‘love’ and ‘hate’. But eventually, they would separate, walking towards the path of destruction.

This is the truth behind life."

-Fang Yuan
Oct 4, 2021 12:09 PM

Jul 2015
Can't believe the translations ended in 2021, I was expecting 2027 at best with the pacing the old group had lmao.

Solid finale to a very neat manga, glad to finally be able to see how it ended.
Oct 4, 2021 1:22 PM
Apr 2020
Fucking amazing, the ending really teared me up good. The manga itself is just a masterpiece, sad to see it end, happy to see it end so good.
Oct 8, 2021 7:07 PM

Jul 2017
Ending was good, but the journey to get there definitely wasn't as good as I hoped. In general though, the whole series didn't age for me that well but at least it did admittedly end on a strong note, happy for everyone for sure with how their lives turned out to be after the immense struggles and issues they had in their lives from the past. I might go with a 4-5 for this series.
Oct 11, 2021 5:16 PM

Jul 2010
I enjoyed the manga up until the last few volumes. Wtf really happened. Why did it have to go so bad. It is the death of Sakuragi all over again. Poor choices were made and they suffered the consequences again. At least Ruriko and Mario could have ended up together but no, she ended up with the most random person. And a new main character introduced just for the last 16 chapters. Bullshit.

It was really a 9/10 work if not for last 30-40 chapters, where it started to get boring and random. Shame.
Dec 23, 2021 4:20 PM

Oct 2012
Great, but was honestly expecting more since it's often praised so highly...

My main gripe would be it being essentially a 'fantasy' manga.. not in literal sense, but in a sense of everything happening 'just because'.

It's fun to read, but too many things happened way too conveniently, not making much sense..

Killing off Sakuragi felt heavily forced... Keeping Mario alive was heavily forced... Nearly every literal action sequence felt a bit over the top.

It's a fun read despite those flaws, but can't rate it higher than an 8/10 on the weak side of 8.
Mar 30, 2022 9:15 PM
Apr 2021
oohhhh why RURIKO and CABBAGE are couple/married? I thought Ruriko and Mario are now living in Hawaii together 😭
But it doesn't matter anymore, huh

But for Setsuko-san, I hope Mario and her become together with her son.

MASTERPIECE series! thanks for making this series
May 12, 2022 10:49 PM

Oct 2014
The manga was really depressing and honestly hard to read at times as the boys kept getting knocked back again and again. Poor Heitai even spent years in prison :'( but overall it was a brilliant story and personally a more enjoyable take on the unbending friendship and loyalty troupe used in other manga.

There were aspects I didn't like such as how the arc with the American thugs ended but honestly that takes nothing away from how well the main 7 were written and developed throughout. Seeing them all grow and eventually attain their own happiness was really nice. Even Sakota's mini story at the end was beautiful. I loved the main guys and their friends ^^
May 15, 2022 4:21 PM

Jun 2011
Pretty good ending worth the read overall.
Main: Suppon > Heitai (My favorite) > Baramoto > Joe > Mario > Cabbage
+ Suppon was from the start a real one despite having the toughest backstory of them all.. he kept on helping his boys every time.
+ Heitai x Meg was perfect.. also taking the blame at the end was too good.
+ Baramoto he's the brain of the group.. saved them almost every time with his plans.
+ Joe he's ok.. after his sister arc.. he vanished partly.
+ Mario he's cool but so many things went wrong specially the mushroom arc, rurika & the very end.
+ Cabbage doesn't feel like a main character.. him x rurika wth.. lol

Support: Sugi > Meg > Lily = Tanaka > Iwasaki >>> Rurika > Vera >>>>>> Setsuko
+ Sugi the wise old man.. developed the best character in the show Suppon & helped the 2nd best girl Lily make her dream true.
+ Meg x Heitai was perfect & she's a keeper (5 years waiting damn)
+ Lily x Tanaka was a nice touch on the ending.. they helped the main party a lot thro and thro.
+ Iwasaki good character development.. also saved 4 of the main party.
- Rurika she was funny, helpful & good partner for mario but the mushroom arc came and ruined her.. disappointing.. oh and her x cabbage was out of nowhere.
- Vera +1 for stealing Setsuko's mushroom.
-- Setsuko the biggest disappointment of them all.. she was great up until anchan's death.. then she chose the mushroom guy over Mario..which lead to the mushroom arc then she put herself in danger voluntary leading to almost everyone getting killed, Mario's injuries & Heitai jail time.

8.5/10 for the really good parts.
Nov 23, 2022 5:43 PM

Apr 2015
So i finally manage to finish this one. And I loved!

First of all Heitai is the best character in this series, i was a little disappoint in the first half because he was basically big guy full muscle, but after his mission arc he got so much spot light. Also Hetai x Meg was great and i felt so sad that he got arrested for 5 years, but i think it was interesting that he ended as a sexy guard in the Reformatory.

Cabbage x Rurika was so come of nowhere that i don't know what to say lol

Tanaka needs his own series, too underused character and i loved that he ended with Lily, both best support characters.

Mario was ok to good during all series, his is like very good boy so he is the protagonist for most part. I liked his development fully on the box side.

Joe should have had one more arc to proper develop him, i think after the shit that happened that almost killed Cabbage his character was done. The same to Baremoto, but he is smart and always involved so it is ok. Suppon also have his moments and i am happy that he became really rich.

The one thing i dislike was of course the Americans arc, it was stupid long, a lot of unnecessary change of events and the villains were most forgettable.

i give a 9.5/10 because i think the last arc / epilogue was great. Sakota character arc was short but good, it worked nice for a final development and fulfill the promise for our main characters.
Jun 10, 2023 11:52 PM

Jun 2009
Just finished this incredible manga and would HIGHLY recommend it to anyone. First of all the panel art is absolutely amazing. Story-wise, gripping from start to finish. Felt myself tearing up multiple times. Genuinely love the characters and the bond they shared. Felt very "Japanese male bonding" manga with very Japanese-youth ideals about pride and brotherhood. But it was a very sympathetic look at those on the fringe of society, even in Japanese culture. Surprised about the respectful handling of Jimmy and Jane. And it had a lot of respect for the strength of female characters and how the boys supported them and saw them as capable. Many of the secondary characters were fantastic. Always satisfying to see the boys triumph in a situation by outsmarting someone or kicking someone's ass.

Like most people here I think the last arc with the American scammers was probably the weakest. I do also really wish they showed us any hint that Setsuko and Mario became a thing; feels a bit needlessly tragic to kill off the husband she initially picked over Mario, and then at the very end to say she's a single mom who supports herself by being a nurse for the one doctor. Just needed that one last satisfying push to have Mario show up at her doorstep at the very end or something! But alas I get it, not showing us is kind of in line with the Japanese themes and mystique of manly wandering. Also, wish we just got a bit more of Joe and Cabbage overall. Minor gripes aside, so glad I experienced this manga.
Jun 12, 2023 5:27 PM
Nov 2021
animejas said:
Ending was good, but the journey to get there definitely wasn't as good as I hoped. In general though, the whole series didn't age for me that well but at least it did admittedly end on a strong note, happy for everyone for sure with how their lives turned out to be after the immense struggles and issues they had in their lives from the past. I might go with a 4-5 for this series.
eightdollarwater said:
Just finished this incredible manga and would HIGHLY recommend it to anyone. First of all the panel art is absolutely amazing. Story-wise, gripping from start to finish. Felt myself tearing up multiple times. Genuinely love the characters and the bond they shared. Felt very "Japanese male bonding" manga with very Japanese-youth ideals about pride and brotherhood. But it was a very sympathetic look at those on the fringe of society, even in Japanese culture. Surprised about the respectful handling of Jimmy and Jane. And it had a lot of respect for the strength of female characters and how the boys supported them and saw them as capable. Many of the secondary characters were fantastic. Always satisfying to see the boys triumph in a situation by outsmarting someone or kicking someone's ass.

Like most people here I think the last arc with the American scammers was probably the weakest. I do also really wish they showed us any hint that Setsuko and Mario became a thing; feels a bit needlessly tragic to kill off the husband she initially picked over Mario, and then at the very end to say she's a single mom who supports herself by being a nurse for the one doctor. Just needed that one last satisfying push to have Mario show up at her doorstep at the very end or something! But alas I get it, not showing us is kind of in line with the Japanese themes and mystique of manly wandering. Also, wish we just got a bit more of Joe and Cabbage overall. Minor gripes aside, so glad I experienced this manga.
I completely agree with this take. I absolutely loved this manga and honestly kept thinking throughout the entire story that this was about to be in my top 10, or at least one of my favorite stories that I've ever read/watched until that American scammers arc. The arc even started out so good, but man they just made everything so unrealistic, to the point where I'm sitting there blankly staring at my computer wondering how they could mess this story up this bad. And man that ending REALLY threw me off. Like didn't Mario himself say when he was about to die that his reason for living was to save Setsuko! They literally showed a panel of the tree to represent this as well. BUT THEY DONT END UP TOGETHER? I'll ignore the fact that Mario shoulda been merked and there is zero way in this universe he lives through all that, which initially made me extremely annoyed, but even after quite literally magically living through all that (should have the supernatural tag atp), he doesn't even end up with Setsuko??????????? What would have been at high 9/10 - 10/10 story became a very high 7 to a low 8 for me just because of all of this, and honestly I think if I had read more mangas before this (I'm fairly new into the entire scene) my rating would have been lower, probably mid-high 7. I expected great things from the ending, as it had produced almost 170-190 chapters worth of nearly perfect content, but alas it wasn't delivered in my opinion.
Jul 21, 2023 9:56 AM
Apr 2023
brilliant Manga really, i was hooked continuously from the starting chapters, there were moments where I felt emotional, especially in the final few chapters seeing how the characters ended up. However gotta agree with most people on here, the American scammer shit arc was executed so badly, like letting Mario live after one of the most unrealistic scene ever by saving setsuko, then killing her husband just for the two not to end up together??? + that shit new character arc at the end?? Towards the end, I felt the manga just dipped so much in quality, so sad really. [/b]

Overall, despite its shortcomings in the ending chapters, it has been a great read, would definitely recommend, rating would be 8 - 8.5 could've been a 9 or above if it ended better.
KienieWesMay 5, 8:36 AM
Apr 2, 8:15 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Everything after the prologue was just so uninteresting and cheesy. That prologue is one of the best for sure though and Rokurouta one of the 🐐.

5/10
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
May 19, 9:38 PM

May 2020
A great ending for all the character but speaking honestly, this manga would've been just as good, if not better if they had just ended the manga after Megu's arc. Literally everyone was happy at that point, Setsuko included. There was no need for the last two arcs.

More topics from this board

» What are the differences between the anime and manga?

Harold- - Mar 16, 2022

3 by Plavuus »»
Sep 11, 2023 1:53 PM

» Rainbow vol 10 info

Ussieliram - May 7, 2023

0 by Ussieliram »»
May 7, 2023 10:37 PM

Poll: » Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin Chapter 234 Discussion

Ittan_Momen - Dec 2, 2021

1 by kengil10 »»
Mar 30, 2022 9:04 PM

Poll: » Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin Chapter 229 Discussion

0 by Ittan_Momen »»
Dec 2, 2021 6:35 PM

Poll: » Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin Chapter 222 Discussion

0 by Ittan_Momen »»
Dec 2, 2021 5:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.