Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 14, 2019 11:21 PM

Sep 2016
You wonder if there will be a season 2 or not, but if you think it will be when you think the release date
May 15, 2019 12:08 AM
Jul 2018
May 15, 2019 9:19 AM

Sep 2016
changelog said:

I have now heard the second season has not been because they are working on attack on titan
RedS7May 19, 2020 1:14 PM
May 15, 2019 10:34 AM

May 2018
When Unato Kessen was announced, it was described as "middle volume" for the anime. Therefore I think that a sequel will be definitely produced. That doesn't mean the sequel has to be a 2nd season, it could also be another movie.

PS: Anime studios usually work on several projects at once, so a sequel might already be in production, even though they are currently working on AoT 3.
May 15, 2019 10:44 AM

Sep 2016
nych16 said:
When Unato Kessen was announced, it was described as "middle volume" for the anime. Therefore I think that a sequel will be definitely produced. That doesn't mean the sequel has to be a 2nd season, it could also be another movie.

PS: Anime studios usually work on several projects at once, so a sequel might already be in production, even though they are currently working on AoT 3.

I hope to be in 2020
RedS7May 19, 2020 1:16 PM
May 19, 2019 7:47 PM
Feb 2017
My guess would be at least late 2020. Baking soda will be their next production and it's going to be 24 episodes so it will take up 6 months assuming that they start season 2 of this directly after ending Viking Saga the soonest you'll be able to see it would be spring of next year
May 22, 2019 5:29 AM

Feb 2018
I didn't really hope but it sounded interesting.
Sep 13, 2019 12:09 PM
Oct 2016
NDR77 said:
nych16 said:

thank I hope to be in 2020

The studio will be working on shingeki no kyojin final season. After snk final season is finish then maybe they start working on its sequel but this isn't gonna happen before summer of 2021.
Sep 14, 2019 1:54 PM

May 2018
MujheKyunNikala said:
NDR77 said:

thank I hope to be in 2020

The studio will be working on shingeki no kyojin final season. After snk final season is finish then maybe they start working on its sequel but this isn't gonna happen before summer of 2021.

That's not quite correct. Yes, the final season of SnK was announced, but WIT is done with the franchise. The studio that's animating the final season hasn't been announced yet, but it's most likely gonna be Production I.G. And like i said before: Many anime studios, like WIT, work on several projects simultaneously. They had several releases in every year.

And let me list all current projects by WIT:
- Vinland Saga
- Totsukuni no Shoujo
- Great Pretender
- Vampire in the Garden
Sep 29, 2019 1:39 PM

Nov 2016
Well I hope last movie won't be end of this anime because to be honest it's one of my favourite anime (S1+3rd movie). So look forward to see more of this plot in the future (I guess it will be in late 2020 if they plan to do anything).
Oct 7, 2019 3:38 PM

Aug 2018
It appeared to me that the story was concluded with this movie. Honestly it did not bring up any hint or point to exploit in a second season. In other words, if they really wish to make a new one, it means creating a decent 12 episodes plot which isn't easy since the concept remains basic : survivors on a train moving from station to station, then each station gets suddenly invaded so that they leave again & again.

Let's see, what could they add which would be pleasant to discover ? The only thing I'd like to learn, is how the Kabane appeared so a prequel showing the virus thingy appearing & spreading wouldn't be a bad thing.

Otherwise, I don't have many ideas or suggestions for a decent sequel... new form of Kabane ? A miraculous hint that gives unexpected information about the Kabane's origin ? Then a track to hunt the patient 0 or something ? Basically they can invent whatever they want.
Nov 8, 2019 10:46 PM
Jul 2018
Considering all the projects WIT has announced, it seems unlikely this will get a continuation until at least 2021. They seem booked for all of 2020 and it's still up in the air if they will be doing the last season of AoT.
Mar 1, 2020 1:25 PM

Sep 2012
Otorez said:
It appeared to me that the story was concluded with this movie. Honestly it did not bring up any hint or point to exploit in a second season. In other words, if they really wish to make a new one, it means creating a decent 12 episodes plot which isn't easy since the concept remains basic : survivors on a train moving from station to station, then each station gets suddenly invaded so that they leave again & again.

Let's see, what could they add which would be pleasant to discover ? The only thing I'd like to learn, is how the Kabane appeared so a prequel showing the virus thingy appearing & spreading wouldn't be a bad thing.

Otherwise, I don't have many ideas or suggestions for a decent sequel... new form of Kabane ? A miraculous hint that gives unexpected information about the Kabane's origin ? Then a track to hunt the patient 0 or something ? Basically they can invent whatever they want.

There's still a lot of things to bring up though. The big promise the MC made, the different factions that the movie just introduced, the origin of the virus, and the cure for the actual virus itself. Like, what's the conclusion of the series? They're going to live on the train and run away from zombies forever until humanity is wiped out?
May 6, 2020 10:48 AM
Feb 2019
I think they mentioned that they wanted to retake their home station and build rice paddy. Also Itomi has to make Mumei a human. Sorry if I made a mistake in the names. But the girl is damn badass
Jan 13, 2021 4:25 PM
Jul 2020
FlamingMangos said:
Otorez said:

There's still a lot of things to bring up though. The big promise the MC made, the different factions that the movie just introduced, the origin of the virus, and the cure for the actual virus itself. Like, what's the conclusion of the series? They're going to live on the train and run away from zombies forever until humanity is wiped out?

I completely agree, technically Ikoma still hasn’t fulfilled his promise so I believe a S2 could be likely.
Mar 30, 2021 11:44 AM
Jun 2017
nycham said:

Do you have any sources ?
Personally, I really liked this anime, I really hope that they'll make a sequel one day !
Jan 14, 2022 10:27 PM
May 2021
I completed this movie and really loved it. We got to see 3 relationships betwee characters as well. Story is not finished yet. It's January 2022 now, still no announcement of Season 2. I hope it gets S2 by 2023 or 2024
May 3, 2022 2:02 AM
Oct 2020
I really hope this anime get Season 2
Nov 3, 2022 8:08 AM

Apr 2022
nearly 2023 and still nothing :/
Jul 7, 2023 5:14 AM

Oct 2019
ryzxgum said:
nearly 2023 and still nothing :/
half way through 2023 and still nothing
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Dec 19, 2023 1:00 AM

Oct 2013
It's almost 2024 and still nothing new regarding the possibility of Season 2 or Movie 4 happening... 😭

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Movie 3: Unato Kessen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

bastek66 - May 10, 2019

118 by Niveen_Sleem »»
May 5, 1:14 PM

» is it just me or is Mumei being so sexualised

filler_032 - Feb 28, 2021

40 by Astraeus_ »»
Nov 15, 2023 7:07 PM

» is this completely original anime??

NaughtySempai - Mar 9, 2022

3 by AnlmeHeaded »»
Jul 21, 2022 1:38 PM

» Why this is called movie 3? Where is the movie 1 and movie 2?

mufarari - Jul 6, 2020

1 by Theo1899 »»
Jul 6, 2020 7:03 AM

» Why the netflix version is longer than the BD version?

FireShadowWolf - May 26, 2020

1 by StalkerFairy »»
May 30, 2020 1:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.