Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 26, 2017 4:23 AM

Jan 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So many alternate dimensions, so many psychotic doppelgangers. I might have to go back through this later to map them all out.
Aug 15, 2018 8:55 PM

Sep 2011
So this Oshikiri is not the same from the last chapter or he and the girl managed to return from the other universe? It's a little complicated.

Overall,this was a great chapter, one of the best so far.
Apr 18, 2019 5:38 AM

Jul 2017
This volume was much better than the previous few, I like it when the story connects through all the chapters. Also the arts style was a bit different which I also liked.
Apr 18, 2019 5:48 AM

Jul 2017
ViniSD said:
So this Oshikiri is not the same from the last chapter or he and the girl managed to return from the other universe? It's a little complicated.

No I think it was the same Oshikiri in all stories, because in the first chapter he went to Takayuki's house about the hallucinations, and in chapter 6 Takayuki said "like I told you before", so they already talked.
Jan 23, 2021 6:01 PM
Nov 2014
poor oshikiri, he just won't find the happiness that he deserved. he almost got murdered by his alternate dimension parents in this chapter, if it weren't for his other self getting stucked in that wall lol.

overall this is my favourite junji ito's work by far, alongside remina and uzumaki this is probably one of his magnum opus.
Apr 21, 2021 6:23 AM
Apr 2016
Damn that was a nice way to end things, the hallucinations topic they talked about pretty much confirms it's all connected right? I think so at least. Either way, this has been a really cool series, definitely one of my favourite Ito Junji's work. Tooru was an interesting character, I really enjoyed him!
Sep 3, 2022 4:38 AM

Dec 2009
I didn't love it at first, but after the sense of doppelgangers was presented, it was awesome, and only got better after the reveal of Oshikiri's hundreds of alternate dimensions of evil versions of him, with people of his life going into his world was epic.

The second chapter with the fangirls turned spirits stalking the missing corpse of their idol was arguably meaningless and doesn't add anything to the overall story's main plot, but whatever.
The events themselves are very intriguing, but I wish this story was better by somehow being more elaborate.
Nonetheless it's very entertaining.

A dimension where the protagonist accidentally kills a friend out of jealousy, other versions of him oddly being serial killers who are fully aware of their phenomenon somehow, one doing experiments on his classmates, by attempting to morph them into a functioning monster it seems, and another with an equally evil versions of his parents.
In hindsight, the first two chapters are peculiar in their worth of the rest and their relevance, but I think it's still very good even with its flaws. 7/10.

Aside from Tomie to an extent, and Volume 4 of this anthology, this one is my second favorite so far. On to the next.
waalex11Sep 3, 2022 4:44 AM
Jun 17, 2023 12:19 PM
Sep 2015
FinNote said:
ViniSD said:

No I think it was the same Oshikiri in all stories, because in the first chapter he went to Takayuki's house about the hallucinations, and in chapter 6 Takayuki said "like I told you before", so they already talked.

No. I don't think it's ALL the same Oshikiri. Takayuki said "like I told you before" but I think he was referring to chapter 4 when Oshikiri told him him about the weird sounds of the footsteps. I don't think we had a new Oshikiri in each chapter but I also doubt they were all the same. Maybe this is the good thing about this story, everyone can decide for themselves!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ito Junji Kyoufu Manga Collection - Kubi Gensou Chapter 5 Discussion

ReaperCreeper - Oct 26, 2017

4 by KursedArcana »»
Jul 2, 2023 10:19 PM

Poll: » Ito Junji Kyoufu Manga Collection - Kubi Gensou Chapter 4 Discussion

4 by serialexperimets »»
Aug 19, 2022 11:04 AM

Poll: » Ito Junji Kyoufu Manga Collection - Kubi Gensou Chapter 3 Discussion

3 by serialexperimets »»
Aug 19, 2022 10:18 AM

Poll: » Ito Junji Kyoufu Manga Collection - Kubi Gensou Chapter 2 Discussion

5 by VirginAmirul »»
Jan 23, 2021 4:19 PM

Poll: » Ito Junji Kyoufu Manga Collection - Kubi Gensou Chapter 1 Discussion

3 by VirginAmirul »»
Jan 23, 2021 3:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.