Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 26, 2010 10:21 AM
Jul 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Liked it, this arc is not just cheap anime original material but connects a lot to the LevelUpper story.

Haruue being a child error wasn't a big surprise and that she is an acquaintance of "Ritu" was clear since last episode.
But, interestingly she can hear "Ritu"'s voice sometimes, what leads to the Poltergeist, for which she alone is not powerful enough (LVL2, loved how Misaka cheated on the computer^^)
Still confusing is, how will that lead to LVL6 next episode :/
Feb 26, 2010 12:47 PM

Oct 2009
Episode not only got me excited here with the music being well placed=>
but for some reason I got a genuine spine shiver upon hearing Haruue claiming she is a child error around this part=>
.....how is that even possible considering she has a level 2 telepathy ability? I though child errors are not even supposed to have any abilities or strength to develop them. Uiharu's anger towards Shirai was surprising...shows how much she cherishes Haruue. Uiharu's friendship with Haruue is growing a lot also. My theories stand as (for a first try to have some) 1. Haruu is getting a boost from the dead people (its been proven IRL that people who have telepathy can also communicate with the death) and in turn the dead use that power to shake quite a lot from insane random telekinesis to tremors as in vibrations of earth plates. 2. There is a system similar to the Level Upper made with Kiyama's and Telestina's knowledge that use the dead or the paranormal world of the dead to cause problems like the level Upper did but why would Ritsu of all people even if dead? Looks like Telestina's breast size can rival that of Mii=>
Haruue looks to be much more prettier with that dress of her=>
Is Telestina even involved with the Child errors experiments or has a caring instinct for kids based on her taste of her room even though she claims it as hobby=>
Even Kongou got hurt? She sure refuses care from male doctors around here=>
There is nothing hidden in this machine...right? I mean it's just some brain scanner?=>
Hoary give me a translation of this if possible before subs=>
Overall shiver and excitement = to me good enough episode.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Feb 26, 2010 2:20 PM
Jul 2018
francismeunier said:
(its been proven IRL that people who have telepathy can also communicate with the death)

Wow, did they ask the dead about it?
Looks like Telestina's breast size can rival that of Mii=>

Looks: Mii >>> Telestina

She was told to wait for additional checks but wanted to go home. Was totally random that scene, but I liked it :>
There is nothing hidden in this machine...right? I mean it's just some brain scanner?=>

CT! lol, brain scanner

It's not precise, but it says that she exceptionally shows powers above her level. Misaka referred to that later.
Is Telestina even involved with the Child errors experiments or has a caring instinct for kids based on her taste of her room even though she claims it as hobby=>

I have the feeling to have seen that room before, in an early episode. For me, Telestina has even more of a villain than Kiyama did.. maybe they're in direct connection.
2. There is a system similar to the Level Upper made with Kiyama's and Telestina's knowledge that use the dead or the paranormal world of the dead to cause problems like the level Upper did

I like your idea xD - this would allow sheer unlimited computing capacity 8D
Feb 26, 2010 2:46 PM

Oct 2009
This is getting better and better. 5/5 for this episode.
Also, i said on some topics ago, that we're gonna have more Kiyama sensei. As you can see, i was right about that, ha ha

Vrrrrroooooooommmm!
Feb 26, 2010 3:21 PM

May 2009
:D Haruue is so cute with her Child Error-ness. :3 When is Harumi coming in? D:<

ShotshotsFeb 27, 2010 12:11 AM
Feb 26, 2010 5:39 PM

Oct 2009
HoaRy said:
francismeunier said:
(its been proven IRL that people who have telepathy can also communicate with the death)

Wow, did they ask the dead about it?
No silly XD It was just in French magazine of paranormal stuff that I picked in a store. Just rumors I read about today randomly driving for a farm commission.
Looks like Telestina's breast size can rival that of Mii=>

HoaRy said:
Looks: Mii >>> Telestina

I have to disagree on one point.....Telestina's glasses are > to Mii's glasses.

HoaRy said:
She was told to wait for additional checks but wanted to go home. Was totally random that scene, but I liked it :>

I agree with you but it also looked she did not trust those people at all and looked like she was refusing...perhaps she does have too much pride.

HoaRy said:
CT! lol, brain scanner

Ok but I am still worried that the data might be used for something....

HoaRy said:
It's not precise, but it says that she exceptionally shows powers above her level. Misaka referred to that later.

Thank you very much my friend yeah I had a instinct that Shirai was also referring to the level upper case with the whole data bank not being precise due to that problem from the level upper case itself and why Uiharu was defending Haruue about it.

HoaRy said:
I have the feeling to have seen that room before, in an early episode. For me, Telestina has even more of a villain than Kiyama did.. maybe they're in direct connection.

Could it be Kiyama herself in this case?
2. There is a system similar to the Level Upper made with Kiyama's and Telestina's knowledge that use the dead or the paranormal world of the dead to cause problems like the level Upper did

HoaRy said:
I like your idea xD - this would allow sheer unlimited computing capacity 8D

It would but I think first if anything person would have to have a connection to that death person and also Ritsu herself might have many death connections with the other kids that died with her in the experiment.
fanoultimatev2 said:
Also, i said on some topics ago, that we're gonna have more Kiyama sensei. As you can see, i was right about that, ha ha
Yeah let's hope she will more impressive also than last time.

Feb 26, 2010 6:07 PM

Aug 2009
HoaRy said:

Was my favorite scene as well. Where she spots Misaka and screams her name but gets ignored. /fail

Kuroko definitely did the right thing as a judgment. I think Uihara shouldn't serve as judgment.. Not the right job for her if she can't control relationships. However, she could be right for the fact that the girl might be innocent. The "voices" the girl says she gets from the pendant might actually be signals that makes her go crazy.
[right]

Feb 26, 2010 10:38 PM

Jul 2008
Another great episode. Can't wait for the next one.

But half the reason I watch this is Saten-san's outfits. XD
Feb 26, 2010 10:51 PM

May 2008
Now that is interesting, a child error and the relationship with the dead girl

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Feb 26, 2010 10:53 PM

Jan 2010
whoa..didn't expected the ending >.>
Feb 26, 2010 10:55 PM

Mar 2009
nice! finally some real plot.. telestina is so suspicious!
Feb 26, 2010 10:58 PM

Jul 2008
greenmush said:

Is she dead? I thought she was in a coma or something.
Feb 26, 2010 11:56 PM

Sep 2008
Not enough Kiyama, I am disappoint.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 27, 2010 12:11 AM

Sep 2007
Holy crap, there was plot movement. Uiharu got annoying. She clearly lets her emotions get the better of her and doesn't think of the bigger picture. Why the fuck is so many people in the Index universe so damn annoying?

I'm assuming that Terestina and Kiyama had a relationship in the past, probably during that time when they were doing the experiments with the kids. Terestina is obviously the mastermind behind all of this with her shady smirk. She's most likely continuing the experiment somehow. Perhaps she managed to copy the power of the dead girl and is using it to manipulate Haruue.
Feb 27, 2010 12:59 AM

Oct 2009
Wasabi said:
Terestina is obviously the mastermind behind all of this with her shady smirk. She's most likely continuing the experiment somehow. Perhaps she managed to copy the power of the dead girl and is using it to manipulate Haruue.
That's interesting so it would mean that Ritsu might have had a form of telepathy stronger than Haruue herself....any other suggestions as to what Ritsu's powers might have been?

Feb 27, 2010 1:42 AM

Sep 2009
Really great. There's some nice plot going on. Terestina does look a little suspicious.....we'll see soon enough.
Feb 27, 2010 1:46 AM

Oct 2009
saxophone15 said:
Terestina does look a little suspicious.....we'll see soon enough.
You can never be innocent with the way her room looks and her constant smirk here and there. In fact she did that smirk right after Misaka killed that big ugly monster around episode 11/12.....that was more than enough for me to assume she is going to be a problem in the future.....guess what? She looks to be that problem more now than ever. Her cooperation with Kiyama just means more intelligence/data for her. Just another thing.......could she be using Kiyama?

Feb 27, 2010 1:50 AM
Jul 2018
GarLogan78 said:
greenmush said:

Yes they aren't dead. Otherwise it wouldn't make sense that Kiyama wants to research how to rescue then.
GarLogan78 said:
But half the reason I watch this is Saten-san's outfits. XD

qft
Feb 27, 2010 3:11 AM

Jul 2009
HoaRy said:
GarLogan78 said:
greenmush said:

Yes they aren't dead. Otherwise it wouldn't make sense that Kiyama wants to research how to rescue then.

YES. They're alive. So could everybody please cut with the ''talk to the dead'' nonsense already?

Anyhow, a nice episode. Uiharu is being obnoxious, but I can understand her to some point. Villainous smirks aside, Telestina seems like a nice person to me. Just with an awful taste in mech paint. My reason to believe that she's somehow connected to Kiyama is the fact that we've seen Kiyama at the festival, and yet the databanks show that she's still in prison... I'm just guessing, but Telestina might be behind that.
About the Poltergeist... Yeah, I think that Kiyama is somehow affecting Haruue, which is causing the entire thing... I don't have any idea how is that supposed to save the loli ''Ritsu'' though...
And of course, episode is filled with moe as usual. <3
Feb 27, 2010 3:19 AM

Aug 2009
Great episode. Seems like a really promising arc.

But what was a child error again? And why does that friend look so familiar? Could someone explain. XD
Feb 27, 2010 3:30 AM
Jun 2008
Judging from the op song,i think therestina is the last boss.This series is ending anyway.....
Feb 27, 2010 3:42 AM

Apr 2009
Not bad.

Telestina is a real babe. (Maybe because she fits all the stereotypes I like, appearance-wise)
But we all know that she's going to be a villain here.
Other than that, I like where this is going with the Child Errors. I wasn't expecting that to return.
Kiyama will probably have a deeper involvement in the next episode.
Feb 27, 2010 4:08 AM

Oct 2009
PR3DAT0R said:
HoaRy said:
GarLogan78 said:
greenmush said:

YES. They're alive. So could everybody please cut with the ''talk to the dead'' nonsense already?
Talk to the afterlife or spiritual talk. It's at least obvious that while in coma Ritsu's spirit is certainly not in her body if it talks to Haruue and causes all these problems.....it's been proven (magazines/books) IRL that people in coma have afterlife experience so I doubt I would be wrong to rephrase myself like this. Sry I did not mean dead in that way just bad expression of my thoughts.

Feb 27, 2010 4:44 AM

Jul 2009
Wasabi said:
Holy crap, there was plot movement. Uiharu got annoying. She clearly lets her emotions get the better of her and doesn't think of the bigger picture. Why the fuck is so many people in the Index universe so damn annoying?

Exactly my thought! I couldn't have put it better myself =P

Uiharu definitely needed a reality slap in this episode, all and every little piece of evidence they had hinted that Haruue had something to do with all the outbreaks, so why ignore it and start acting all irrational and bitchy..
I really dislike people who put feelings and personal above all and ignore hard evidence that's placed before them.

I mean it's quite obvious that Haruue is the source of things, perhaps not intentionally but still.

Anyway Kuroko is my cast favourite so I'm glad she's not the one that is obnoxious and illogical =P
Feb 27, 2010 4:52 AM

Jul 2009
francismeunier said:
Talk to the afterlife or spiritual talk. It's at least obvious that while in coma Ritsu's spirit is certainly not in her body if it talks to Haruue and causes all these problems.....it's been proven (magazines/books) IRL that people in coma have afterlife experience so I doubt I would be wrong to rephrase myself like this. Sry I did not mean dead in that way just bad expression of my thoughts.
I won't get into the whole "afterlife and spirit thing" because I'm a firm believer that our brain and thoughts consist of nothing else than chemical reactions that seize to exist when we die, and anything other than that is just complete and utter nonsenses =P

As for the discussion about her "voice", perhaps that little girl too is telepathic to some degree and sends out waves which Haruue can snap up?
Like an antenna of sorts xD
Feb 27, 2010 6:10 AM

Nov 2008
This was shitter than I was expecting.

Slow predictable pace, Uiharu having mood swings again; not that she was protecting her dear friend but just snapping at anyone with anything against her.

Also, about the part where Misaka used her powers to gain access to the files on the laptop. That makes no sense even in comparison from them usually using quantum explanations.

This arc does not look promising but that's just me.
Feb 27, 2010 6:39 AM

Apr 2009
How can anybody like an episode without embarrassed or badass Misaka?

And the last two episode's all development could fit in 15 minute. Probably they want bigger tension, but the outcome is boooring.

If next time we wont get badass and embarrassed Misika, i wont be happy!

"There's no such thing as a coma. He is surly previewing the afterlife." by
Feb 27, 2010 6:40 AM

Mar 2008
Nice flying boat in this episode.
Feb 27, 2010 6:52 AM

Jun 2009
Pretty good episode, al least better than ep20. Haruue's friend is one of Kiyama's students, and she can hear her voice, does that mean that she's still alive? *confused*
MAR's mechs are so, >_< especially Telestina's one. <_<
And next episode preview, "Level 6" sounds interesting...
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Feb 27, 2010 6:55 AM

Nov 2008
francismeunier said:

Proven? Your claim is merely mental projections of how the person perceives their experience of that said thing. They automatically label what they think it is, then sprinkle dogma on it to make you believe it for the sake of TV, books or typical preaching.
Feb 27, 2010 7:28 AM

Nov 2008
Dust2Dust said:

Feb 27, 2010 7:36 AM

Oct 2009
Maximatum99 said:
francismeunier said:

Proven? Your claim is merely mental projections of how the person perceives their experience of that said thing. They automatically label what they think it is, then sprinkle dogma on it to make you believe it for the sake of TV, books or typical preaching.
Yeah that's why I read it and only take what I find interesting......but honestly who else would you perceive if Ritsu is in a coma.....I mean sure it can be antenna that picks up waves from the brain in deep sleep since it's a coma but depending how they present it my saying might come in. Let's assume Ritsu believes in this then it might be true. The antenna thing can also be true....it all depends how the anime shows it. In the end we will see who was more close to the actual presentation.

Feb 27, 2010 7:46 AM

May 2009
Uihara has become pretty annoying of late. While Shirai does lack tact, she was right to look into the possibility that Haruue is somehow connect to these poltergeist incidents. Otherwise, nice episode and this final arc is shaping up nicely. Looking forward to the next one.

Btw, Child Error gets the prize for worst name. Kids without parents have it bad enough without being associated with something that sounds so insulting.
Feb 27, 2010 7:51 AM

Jun 2009
Maximatum99 said:
Dust2Dust said:

You win. Seeing that bastards face again makes me...
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Feb 27, 2010 8:25 AM

Dec 2007
FUCK YEAH WATERMELONS

I LOVE WATERMELONS
Feb 27, 2010 9:31 AM
May 2009
That was pretty darn epic. And it looks like next episode will be just as good, too!
Feb 27, 2010 12:31 PM
Dec 2007
Kinda good episode with some developments, but less carefully directed and animated than the last few episodes. I'm not sure the developments are really going to result in a great ending though.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Feb 27, 2010 1:40 PM

Jul 2009
Saying that she's a Child Error explains everything.

When the rosario on her chest is taken off, Moka's vampire inner self awakes.
Feb 27, 2010 4:56 PM

Jul 2008
so she was also a child error, but how does that tie into a level 6?
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Feb 27, 2010 6:16 PM

Aug 2008
HoaRy said:
Still confusing is, how will that lead to LVL6 next episode :/
Seems like their going to connect this arc with the Clone Saga as well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 27, 2010 6:57 PM

Nov 2009
Uiharu's innocent personality was quite frustrating. She was too over defensive. Despite that they revealed that the roommate is a child error, can hear voices and cause accidents when she does (Really her?) i am still in plot deficit from the last set of episodes.
Overall good episode though!
At least we can understand that the Mech is pink due to her hobby in kiddie objects. For some reason Misaka's interest in kid paraphernalia never stops to amuse me.
Feb 27, 2010 7:42 PM

Apr 2008
thats pretty interesting ... finally getting some link

Feb 27, 2010 8:58 PM

Dec 2007
It has a plot movement, and this arc looks interesting to me. If Haruue was a Child Error, then how does that arc have a connection to Level 6 for next episode? I guess I will find out next week.
Feb 27, 2010 9:13 PM
Mar 2009
the arc looks like it could get interesting, but i still dont quite know what theyre planning for the season finale.
Feb 28, 2010 12:46 AM

Feb 2010
HawthorneKitty said:
Not enough Kiyama, I am disappoint.

Feb 28, 2010 1:08 AM

Sep 2009
Mmmm, episodes with plot. Delicious. I will be very antsy until next week, so I hope it won't disappoint.

Kuroko is still awesome, Uiharu needs to be punched, Saten is also still awesome, and wtf @ Biribiri using her powers on a computer like that. Does what she did even make sense? >->
-
Feb 28, 2010 1:23 AM
Jul 2008
ArcticMech said:

Btw, Child Error gets the prize for worst name. Kids without parents have it bad enough without being associated with something that sounds so insulting.

It wasn't so funny when I watched the anime and knew what child error was but for some reason I couldn't stop laughing when I read that.

I've decided to read these episode discussions until the end of the arc and then watch them all at once (21-24). Seeing as there are THREE more episodes, I wonder how much they're going to run around before ending.
Feb 28, 2010 3:31 AM

Oct 2009
Just though of something what if a level 2 and level 4 with the same power combine? Is it possible that it can make a level 6 logically?

Feb 28, 2010 3:42 AM

Jun 2009
francismeunier said:
Just though of something what if a level 2 and level 4 with the same power combine? Is it possible that it can make a level 6 logically?

So Haruue's friend should be lv4 telepath then. But how do they combine?
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Feb 28, 2010 3:46 AM
Jul 2018
OrochiPL said:
francismeunier said:

So Haruue's friend should be lv4 telepath then. But how do they combine?

Connect your fingers and FUSION!
No, I doubt it will work (how should combining powers work anyway?). A Level 5 is not equal to a LVL2 and a LVL3. The levels are not linear.
It would need several LVL5 to create a LVL6.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Mar 5, 2010

149 by povsuduvolosy »»
May 27, 2:17 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Proselyt - Jan 29, 2010

166 by Guren_Der »»
May 22, 8:17 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Mar 19, 2010

373 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 18, 12:37 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

removed-user - Mar 12, 2010

213 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 18, 11:53 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

francismeunier - Feb 19, 2010

154 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 18, 10:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.