Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 3, 2017 2:47 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Subaru's description of Asahi is so, so beautiful:

[Her hair shines through the sun being illuminated by it during the sunset is so dazzling as if they are like rice coloured earrings, the pupils of her eyes are like pearls and her ever expressive eyes convey the words instead of her voice that couldn't itself.]

Subaru's monologues in this chapter portrays how lowly he thinks of those who put Asahi in such a state. She is feared, but not loved. His expression of disgust towards his mother and his sister says how much he has borne hatred for his own people.

And then, there was the year after year staring contest that ended up with Asahi smiling towards the Water God. My heart melt the moment she smiled the second time. T_T

As things looked to have settled down a bit, villagers from other village attempt to kidnap her as there is already bloodshed. I wonder who would show up to her rescue. Subaru or the Water God?

I have read many shoujo manga up until now and Asahi's character packs a lot of punches with her innocence and strong will unmatched by an overwhelming majority. This manga, along with Asahi, is making its way to become one of my all time favs. :)
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 18, 2020 5:26 AM
Aug 2018
Why didn't Asahi learn sign language in the ~5 years that passed? How does she communicate

And if you think about how the water dragon god never bothered to answer any of the villagers prayers, the premise that Asahi made the village prosper and that the other villages are now envious becomes silly.

She could only give the villagers some rain whenever she is sad. And we don't even know how large the area affected is.
And how did the other villages learn about her anyways?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Suijin no Hanayome Chapter 12 Discussion

shanimebib - Apr 3, 2017

1 by nidoqueen106_2 »»
Dec 21, 2023 4:05 PM

» What happened to the translation team? Did they stop translating it?

DanLikesAnimu - Aug 27, 2019

9 by quercifolia »»
Nov 27, 2023 10:00 PM

Poll: » Suijin no Hanayome Chapter 20 Discussion

shanimebib - Apr 10, 2017

1 by choimochi »»
Oct 10, 2021 6:32 PM

Poll: » Suijin no Hanayome Chapter 45 Discussion

toshikikai2 - Feb 21, 2020

2 by rrsg76 »»
Aug 24, 2021 9:56 AM

Poll: » Suijin no Hanayome Chapter 8 Discussion

shanimebib - Apr 2, 2017

3 by tr25a3 »»
Feb 17, 2020 9:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.