Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 18, 2016 1:24 PM

May 2013
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Honestly glad they all got their bodies back, but I hate how every villain in a Japanese manga gets redeemed. Like she was more than a bitch, she was completely evil and was going to destroy her face and kill herself so none of them could live together happily because the one guy was not in love with her and because she didn't see herself as pretty. Like come on, please, if they couldn't have killed her, I wish she could have fucked off instead of like becoming their friend.
Apr 4, 2017 7:42 AM
Apr 2017
Buunny,how were you able to read up to chapter 15! It stops at chapter 5 on every manga website, I looked. Did you get access to the raws or something? Please tell me what website your using!
Jun 1, 2017 4:37 PM

Nov 2007
I could have put 10 on this but it went down to 8 since the feelings and the words that have spoken were yes as Umine san said became like a lip service just to finish the story. But its still a good one. I just didnt like how Ayumi san became so like a perfect Angel and that she cant do anything unless Kaga Kun help her especially to realize her feelings for Shiro. *sigh* it could have been better maybe if it was longer.
Jun 30, 2017 2:32 AM
Apr 2016
shoujogirl17 said:
Buunny,how were you able to read up to chapter 15! It stops at chapter 5 on every manga website, I looked. Did you get access to the raws or something? Please tell me what website your using!

You can go on MangaHere. It has up to chapter 13 and it keeps updating.
Jan 30, 2018 1:35 AM

Dec 2016
buunny said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Honestly glad they all got their bodies back, but I hate how every villain in a Japanese manga gets redeemed. Like she was more than a bitch, she was completely evil and was going to destroy her face and kill herself so none of them could live together happily because the one guy was not in love with her and because she didn't see herself as pretty. Like come on, please, if they couldn't have killed her, I wish she could have fucked off instead of like becoming their friend.

Where did you manage to read c14 and 15?
Apr 26, 2018 10:16 PM

May 2016
So she ended with Shiro-chan, even though he was so...
i can't understand, he wasn't the guy she though he was but I stills loves him?
a NTR series in my opinion.
May 16, 2018 1:38 PM
May 2018
Horrible ending, i still hate Umine shes a total bitch
How can she be forgiven easily? And wtf Ayumi still going for Shiro

And one more question whats Kaga and Umine’s relationship now?! Please dont tell me he’ll start to like her because that would be seriously messed up and dumb
May 16, 2018 8:24 PM

Jun 2011
Did Ayumi really choose Shiro over Kaga? She chose the guy who blatantly said he only liked her for her appearance over the guy who supported her the entire time? This is so ridiculous that it felt forced when she said I like you to THE WRONG GUY
「Icon credit to Milady666 ♡」
Aug 21, 2018 1:37 AM

Apr 2014
why didn't she pick kaga!!!! im so mad
such a good series as well :((
Aug 25, 2018 8:29 AM
Aug 2018
Quick background:
I learned of this series through the credits of Switched on Netflix. Watched episode one then sought out the source material before watching any more episodes. I haven't watched more than episode one of Switched as of this writing. I'm pretty new to manga and anime having only read/watched Attack on Titan which I kept seeing at comic book cons in cosplay wondering what so many people where dressing up as. I don't have much knowledge on Japanese culture or customs.

SPOILERS coming but I'm guess since this is te final chapter discussion people have read the series or don't care about spoilers.

In this chapter when Umine gets tracked to the observatory she has an outburst where she says she was Shiro's lover. To me, saying your someone's lover implies physical, not just emotional, loving as in sex. Am I wrong on this? I could see it maybe being just the English word the translator picked throwing me off.
In any event, this rather threw me for a loop for a tons of reasons mainly with the way Ayumi's body is drawn I picture her quite young like 13 or 14 - so , yeah, ugh, don't want to read about kids hooking up. But the guys seem more like high school seniors and more like 17 or 18 so that age/maturity difference is another turn off. In the first episode of Switched Ayumi is stated as being sixteen. I could see Umine being new to love-like emotions advancing her and Shiro's relationship past the kiss they shared in the classroom but I'm not so sure Shiro would do this after after his reveal. I didn't find it clear when he discovered the body switch and could've been duped for days if not a few weeks. Or even realizing the switch had occurred but needing to keep a close eye on Umine to find the way to switch back and keep her unsuspecting that he wanted to get Ayumi's body back to Ayumi. On the other hand there are only a few scenes showing Umine and Shiro on a date and just a single kiss between them. Further, the series doesn't seem to address the more physical elements of a relationship so Umine could've just been stating her feelings in her outburst. So that's why I'm a bit confused and was looking for other people's opinions.

Thanks.

Aug 28, 2018 12:50 PM
Aug 2018
Finished Switched on Netflix the live action adaption of this manga. I enjoyed it more than the manga. It also cleared up the lover issue. It seemed way more emotional lover than physical lover in the context of the live action and even though Zenko and Shiro go on a couple of dates it appears that nothing more than a peck here and there was about it.

Now my hang up is that Shiro suffered the most according to Kaga because Shiro had to hang out with/deceive Zenko the whole time. HUH? Ayumi nearly lost her identity AND family where Shiro chose to risk that. So I'm not buying Shiro suffered more than Ayumi.
Sep 22, 2018 10:45 PM

Apr 2013
I...guess that's an okay conclusion.

I was kind of expecting it to surprise me more. Oh well.

Koshiro and Ayumi end up together. Personally, I found him to be pretty boring in comparison to Kaga, but the heart wants what the heart wants, I guess.

And that's that.
May 22, 2019 11:42 PM
May 2019
The ending sucked SO BADLY.
I can’t believe that when Ayumi went through all of that, Kaga always stayed by her side. And what did she do when she is returned, she chooses Shiro–who for god sake only liked her for her appearance until in the end he realized he likes her for her personality. Unbelievable.
Aug 6, 2019 12:18 AM
Aug 2019
UNBELIEVABLE.kaga was literally the only one that stood by her side ever since her body was switched and i swear to god, shiro did NOT budge at all and was so fixated to switch ayumi back to her original body only because of her appearance. the fuck? okay yeah sure what in the end they suddenly made him the good guy oh he's only pretending for her sake kinda bs and in the end he realises he likes her for her personality. what pure trash. so obvious he only liked her for her looks, kaga should've ended with ayumi and umine was just a pathetic thing to behold. why is the author seeking for such a fairytale ending so much as to justify all the inhumane shit she has put everyone else through? yeah she's insecure and lonely but that doesn't give her the rights to bring harm to people who honestly did not do anything to her tf. 7/10 only because kaga was such a sweet fluff ball. ayumi is too stupid for her own good. it's a classic "prince ended up with the princess where the knight who protected her got thrown aside" kind of story.
Jun 29, 2020 3:34 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
This was actually more serious than I thought it'd be, but not in a bad way either. The main theme was portrayed well. Physical appearance isn't everything, especially if you have an ugly personality. But there's still validity to Umine's words, as due to being physically unattractive, her negative experiences had led to her view her surroundings in a negative light. She was stuck in a victim mentality (although, again, I think it's understandable how she was that way), despite not actually being bullied in school, and having people like Shirou and Ayumu extend their hands towards her. I could see why she was jealous of Ayumu, it's easy for people to envy others who seem to be perfect.

It was interesting to see Ayumu's experience in Umine's body. I appreciate how the mangaka showed Ayumu's inner-thoughts when she suddenly became really self-conscious of her physical appearance and how she didn't suit Kaga. Those thoughts were really relatable, how you just keep going down a spiral. At the same time, it highlighted Kaga's personality, I really liked how cute he was when he interacted with Ayumu-in-Umine's-body. Although...I wondered the same thing as Umine, if Kaga (or even Shirou) had met Ayumu-in-Umine's-body, would he have liked her? Or even before that, would he even have interacted with her that much to have come to like her? This was another part I think the mangaka did well to incorporate. She knows that physical appearance still plays a part, even if personality and attitude are the most important.

I'm glad in the end, Umine was able to take a step towards accepting herself in her original body. On the site I read the manga on, there were a few comments after the end of some chapters about how Umine shouldn't live or deserves some punishment. I couldn't really hate Umine because I could really relate to her negavitity. The whole discussion they had in the last two chapters was done really well--Umine retorting that it was all just lip service or being adamant that others don't understand, and ultimately, her breakdown when her mother apologized and her acceptance that the others will stay by her side, it was really touching.

As for the ending couple, I thought that was the best and most logical ending, haha. We do see a bit more of Kaga so it's easy to find him endearing and want him to end up with Ayumu. But Ayumu and Shirou have been childhood friends for a long time, and the time they've spent together and growing to like each other romantically just can't be beat. I'm not saying I like Shirou better, but it makes the most sense for her to still like Shirou in the end. Also, I think some people misunderstood Shirou's earlier actions. As seen from the flashback, he had been good childhood friends with Ayumu, he definitely likes her for her personality than just her looks, which he said in order to trick Umine.

But yeah, it's weird how Shirou was shown to be so...crazy in the beginning. Might've been over the top to be honest. I know it was supposed to mislead the audience, but it made me feel more suspicious of him :')
Jul 30, 2021 8:53 PM

Nov 2017
That ending bruh. I wanted her to end up with Kaga...I'm watching the tv show of this and now I don't even feel like continuing it knowing it ends like this.
"he has it big as a cactus
but he won't let go of my head
and I puke on his cock bitch" - Boy by Fishball 

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sora wo Kakeru Yodaka Chapter 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2014

2 by Weebookey »»
Jan 12, 2022 10:37 PM

Poll: » Sora wo Kakeru Yodaka Chapter 13 Discussion

animeotaku4911 - Jun 30, 2017

3 by Fall »»
Sep 22, 2018 10:23 PM

Poll: » Sora wo Kakeru Yodaka Chapter 12 Discussion

Fall - Sep 22, 2018

0 by Fall »»
Sep 22, 2018 9:45 PM

Poll: » Sora wo Kakeru Yodaka Chapter 11 Discussion

buunny - Aug 18, 2016

1 by Fall »»
Sep 22, 2018 9:37 PM

Poll: » Sora wo Kakeru Yodaka Chapter 7 Discussion

chierii - Jun 12, 2015

3 by Fall »»
Sep 22, 2018 8:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.