Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 23, 2009 10:18 AM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Not too bad an episode. I was kind of expecting a bit more, and that scene with Hebi-sama "remembering" seemed rather tacked on. I would have preferred it more if she hadn't been on the screen, and the images were just stills, and not moving. It felt really weird, and gave me a sense of motion sickness that I didn't enjoy.

Next episode is going to be quite the emotional one, but the funny scenes with Luffy will help balance that out.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Aug 23, 2009 12:22 PM

Nov 2007
liked it, although the fight was a bit different from the manga version - but still quite nice ;)
Aug 23, 2009 1:02 PM

Apr 2009
didnt expect some drama at the end o_O

anyway this was epic XD

Aug 23, 2009 1:57 PM

May 2007
....anyone catch the snake boobies on Sandersonia? Totally revealed.

Zilpzalp said:
I hate the pacing.

Everything happens too slow, heck, it took half an episode for him to turn gear second.

This fight didn't interest me in the manga at all. It rather is everything afterwards, like, the stuff about Hancock, and... well, that would be spoilers.

Yeah. The first half of this anime, roughly up to the Skypiea arc, imo, was fine. Though once they hit Water 7, pacing definitely takes a huge hit...most noticeably Thriller Bark through now. But eh, what can you do. Just stick to the manga then if you don't like it. No biggie.

Aug 23, 2009 2:55 PM

Jan 2008
Haha, I love the pic.
I liked this ep =P
Aug 23, 2009 3:12 PM

Aug 2008
The recaps were long. Other than that, good episode.

▬▬▬▬김유정 ▬▬▬▬
Aug 23, 2009 3:15 PM

Jul 2008
smokes said:
didnt expect some drama at the end o_O

anyway this was epic XD

haha that was luffy rocks^^ man next week gonna b emotional

4/5
Aug 23, 2009 3:24 PM

Jun 2007
Oh come on people! It's still an chapter per episode. Sometimes even more That's more then you can say about some other long running shounen series out there.
Aug 23, 2009 3:47 PM

Dec 2008
It took way too long for luffy to go gear second. he should have done that from the beginning.

vindemon64 said:
you perv..
i was looking at her belly, it looked like she ate something big.
Aug 23, 2009 4:27 PM

Jul 2009
It's a chapter per episode again -__-

Maybe it's better to have it like this than having some fillers...

don't ya think?
This is a signature.
Aug 23, 2009 4:30 PM
Nov 2007
well I guess everybody not patient to watch Impel Down arc, so it seems slow paced but I think not bad actually...
Aug 23, 2009 5:17 PM

Nov 2007
One Piece has been slow paced from the beginning of times, odd if someone was or is expecting something else.
Aug 23, 2009 5:32 PM

May 2009
Even though it's a little slow, it's still entertaining :D

Hopefully that flashback that looks to happen next episode doesn't take too long though.
Aug 23, 2009 6:39 PM

Sep 2008
it lookek like hebihime was going to undress next episode ^_^
....sundersonia always had that head? gross...
is this anime really slow? i dont read he manga so i dont know...i should read it.,,,
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Aug 23, 2009 8:05 PM

Jan 2008
Zero_r2 said:
it lookek like hebihime was going to undress next episode ^_^
....sundersonia always had that head? gross...
is this anime really slow? i dont read he manga so i dont know...i should read it.,,,

Oh, you'll find out. Heh heh.

It's paced to be one episode per chapter. So yes, it's actually at that speed.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Aug 23, 2009 8:32 PM
May 2009
Hahahah, Luffy peace sign was epic.

But indeed, it is getting dragged on a bit too much.
Still, I don't want to complain since they are doing such a great job animating it,
even thought I was expecting a bit more from the "Oh your gonna launch your most powerful attack at me? Just a moment I will just wanna lay back real quick."
Aug 23, 2009 9:27 PM
Jul 2018
one thing that separates one piece from the other shounen animes is that they always have a 7 min intro or so, at least the episode didnt start untill after 7 minutes... check for yourself.
enkil said:
It took way too long for luffy to go gear second. he should have done that from the beginning.

vindemon64 said:
you perv..
i was looking at her belly, it looked like she ate something big.

i was thinking about how gross it would be to be on her back, ever touched a snake? its not nice...
Aug 23, 2009 11:14 PM

Dec 2008
negative1111 said:
i was thinking about how gross it would be to be on her back, ever touched a snake? its not nice...
Yea I've touched a snake before. Although it isn't anything necessarily pleasant when they squeeze you as if they were trying to suffocate you, it is quite an experience.
Aug 23, 2009 11:25 PM

Mar 2009
Luffy almost grabbed her snake titties.
Aug 24, 2009 12:30 AM

Jan 2009
When Luffy grabbed onto her back to cover up the symbol, that was pretty bold of him to do. ^_^
Aug 24, 2009 2:45 AM

Dec 2008
Very good episode, I liked fighting and everything else. :D Can't wait next episode, emo flashback will really explain Boa's behaviour.
Aug 24, 2009 4:03 AM

Jan 2008
If it wasnt that slow-paced, you'd have to experience hella long fillers like in bleach. Cuz manga aint really that far away.
Aug 24, 2009 4:46 AM
Jun 2009
I wish it didn't take 7 minutes to get through the recap and intro. The episode is only 23 minutes long, that's almost 1/3 of the episode :(
ZealotAug 24, 2009 4:49 AM
Aug 24, 2009 9:57 AM
Apr 2008
did we see that symbol on their back already somewhere in the anime series?
looks like from zelda ^^
Aug 24, 2009 10:23 AM

Jul 2008
hmm so he goes into gear 2nd
but not 3rd XD

hackgrid said:
did we see that symbol on their back already somewhere in the anime series?
looks like from zelda ^^

we shall learn in the next episode
when Boa strips for Luffy
Aug 24, 2009 11:16 AM

May 2007
Zealot said:
I wish it didn't take 7 minutes to get through the recap and intro. The episode is only 23 minutes long, that's almost 1/3 of the episode :(

If it weren't for that I think One Piece would move too fast. It's easy to complain about pacing in a show that's progressed passed 400 episodes, but when you consider the manga and how it could lead to unwanted filler, I dunno if that's something I'd care for. Sometimes I wish anime would take breaks like American TV shows do.

The real story of One Piece doesn't even seem to have begun yet. They could certainly afford to zip past this arc and slow down afterward. It will take forever to show where the One Piece crew are at this pace.

If you want to REALLY complain about pacing, there's always Detective Conan. I like watching it for the different cases, but it goes nowhere plotwise.
Aug 24, 2009 11:27 AM

Nov 2008
I really liked the character art once Luffy powered-up into Second Gear. There were a couple of epic shots of him, particularly that first profile.
Aug 24, 2009 8:04 PM

Jul 2006
Hung said:
I want to touch Sandersonia's titties T_T

Aug 24, 2009 8:48 PM

Oct 2007
This was a bit emotional towards the end.

Can't wait for the next one. Historical explanation
Aug 25, 2009 5:13 AM

Jul 2009
Pretty awesome fight and I always love seeing Gear Second...but dammit Luffy is too nice XD
Aug 25, 2009 9:17 AM
Nov 2008
I've gotten used to the long recaps by now, but the fight itself was...repetative really. Let's recap starting from last episode.

I'll move these statues so they don't get damaged, ok now I will fight you seriously, we too will fight you seriously, oh no Luffy is getting his ass kicked, pwnage, I'll move this statue so it doesn't get damaged, ok now I will fight you seriously, we too will fight you seriously, oh no Luffy is getting his ass kicked, second gear, pwnage.

Dunno how it went down in the manga, but I was bored with this fight until second gear happened. Awesome ending though, can't wait to see what it's all about next episode.
Aug 25, 2009 9:22 AM

Apr 2009
thalandor46 said:
I've gotten used to the long recaps by now, but the fight itself was...repetative really. Let's recap starting from last episode.

I'll move these statues so they don't get damaged, ok now I will fight you seriously, we too will fight you seriously, oh no Luffy is getting his ass kicked, pwnage, I'll move this statue so it doesn't get damaged, ok now I will fight you seriously, we too will fight you seriously, oh no Luffy is getting his ass kicked, second gear, pwnage.

Dunno how it went down in the manga, but I was bored with this fight until second gear happened. Awesome ending though, can't wait to see what it's all about next episode.

yeah, you're right, in this arc the first half of the episodes are boring, the rest of them are awesome x))
Aug 25, 2009 9:29 AM

Aug 2008
JusticeGundam said:
Hung said:

While people are discussing about the episode, you guys are discussing about titties.

▬▬▬▬김유정 ▬▬▬▬
Aug 25, 2009 10:17 AM

Nov 2008
Plun said:
JusticeGundam said:
Hung said:

While people are discussing about the episode, you guys are discussing about titties.

You've never heard of "milking a snake"? ... <g>
Aug 25, 2009 10:27 AM
Jul 2009
Nobody is forcing you to watch the recap parts, you can just skip it
Aug 25, 2009 12:21 PM

Jan 2009
Nice episode, i liked the fight and the titties...
Aug 25, 2009 10:28 PM

Nov 2007
Kinda boring
Aug 25, 2009 11:47 PM

Jun 2008
Zealot said:

I agree with this. If they don't want to put too much chapters in an episode because of fear of catching up to the manga then they could have just put a few extra punches and kicks after Luffy went to Gear Secando and make the recap a little smaller. That way we would have been more pleased.
Mediocre episode put the way he pawn there asses was enjoyable. I guess next episode we will have Boa turning emo to make her sympathetic after they made us hate her at first.
Aug 25, 2009 11:59 PM

Apr 2009
if they would put 2 chapters per episode the pacing would be way too fast...
i mean in this chapter was the gear second fight, in the next there is Boa's past...
so putting this in one single episode is kinda fast... especially boa's past... the emotions wouldnt be the same
Aug 26, 2009 12:05 AM

Jun 2008
smokes said:
i mean in this chapter was the gear second fight, in the next there is Boa's past...
so putting this in one single episode is kinda fast... especially boa's past... the emotions wouldnt be the same

I didn't say to show two chapters. Read again what i wrote.
Aug 26, 2009 12:05 AM

Jun 2008
smokes said:

Aug 26, 2009 12:29 AM

Jun 2008
smokes said:

Aug 26, 2009 12:41 AM

Jun 2008
smokes said:

Aug 26, 2009 1:12 AM

Nov 2007
Lol, it's okay. We got it.
Aug 26, 2009 1:32 AM

Jun 2008
Shino05 said:
Lol, it's okay. We got it.

Ha Ha! Blame MAL. The page wasn't loading and i pushed reload again and again and when it did i realized i had posted 4 times the same thing. Other sites were fine so it wasn't my connection.
Aug 26, 2009 1:35 AM

Apr 2009
i understood)
i just said this in general...
Aug 26, 2009 1:44 AM
Mar 2008
dbaranyi said:
Plun said:
JusticeGundam said:
Hung said:

Yes I have. But it's nowhere near a snake's titties, if they even have'em.
Milking a snake means forcing its venom out of its fangs, in order to study it and make antidotes, for you who don't know.
Aug 26, 2009 11:23 AM
Jul 2018
animefan82 said:
dbaranyi said:
Plun said:
JusticeGundam said:
Hung said:

Yes I have. But it's nowhere near a snake's titties, if they even have'em.
Milking a snake means forcing its venom out of its fangs, in order to study it and make antidotes, for you who don't know.

ever heard of milking a besserwisser?
Aug 27, 2009 12:39 AM

Mar 2008
Whew finally caught right up with the series. Well at least Luffy has settled the fight for now. It's about time that those snake girls got beaten up. Happily being willing to smash up fellow people of your island definitely doesn't show them as great people.

I know we're probably about to go into a tragic backstory, but it will have to be something amazing to change my mind regarding those three sisters. Treating others the way they do and not even caring what might happen to that island. Really this has to be the first time I've thought "okay let's beat these women up already." But who knows I might change my mind depending on how the flashback goes. Views just have to be changed as you go.

Anyways being caught up makes me wonder how the rest of the crew ened up. Thank god Sanji didn't land on this island. His not wanting to hit a lady would definitely end his life here. Hopefully Zoro landed in a hospital considering his condition.
Aug 28, 2009 12:28 AM
Jul 2008
was about to stop watchin OP, until i discovered how much easyer it is to watch on youtube live/delayed in origional format :D and how much more fun
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1108 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Jun 8

36 by Eoussama »»
20 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 540 Discussion

ninkendo - Mar 17, 2012

46 by gannoncannon55 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 539 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pocketasces - Mar 17, 2012

56 by gannoncannon55 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 538 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AnimePoop - Mar 3, 2012

52 by gannoncannon55 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 537 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AnimePoop - Feb 25, 2012

63 by gannoncannon55 »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.