Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 11, 2009 5:05 PM

Jul 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ahh, interesting episode. I loved the ending. So blood was what she needed to come back to her sense huh?
Jan 3, 2011 11:11 AM

Apr 2010
Creepy ending, but still interesting. At first I thoght that old detective was kind of "L", but neh, he acted so stupid... But it was kinda idiotic: why has Lise come back to her sense only because of the blood?...

Mar 1, 2011 4:51 AM

Mar 2009
Poor Lula and the detective that got shot.
Sep 22, 2012 5:50 PM

Apr 2011
Glad the girls resolve are strengthen and everyone moving forward!

Poor detective... bet his partner will continue the case...
Sep 6, 2013 8:43 PM

Nov 2011
Holy shit...and just like that, he dies. Human lives are so fragile..
Nov 19, 2014 11:59 AM
Jun 2013
Feel bad for lesa. herve just left her there like some dog. I was confused on why didint lula just do the undead thing to her brother. Unless he was already undead but that wouldint make sense since arent you suppose to turn to dust. The moment with the 4 girls was nice. They realize even if they forgot the ones who care about them wont. I knew from the start this detective was going to get killed but wouldint it be smarter to just lie to him or brainwash or something other then shoot him. He could of called someone who then comes looking for him which makes bigger problems. Well I guess its up to the only black guy to solve the case lol.
Mar 21, 2016 9:11 AM

Aug 2012
I wish they would have sang in the end. That was a perfect moment for a song
Aug 20, 2017 4:44 PM
Sep 2015
Poor cop :(

Why don't the girls just resolve to stop the 2 books from being joined? They may not be able to get their human bodies back, but they can sure as hell work to keep their memories!

I don't feel bad for Lula in the slightest. She was a total bitch to the girls from the beginning, and just watched as they were almost killed over and over, and just watched as that other group of girls were killed. All the adults from both camps need to be wiped out.
Apr 2, 2021 2:52 AM

May 2020
kalinime said:

I don't feel bad for Lula in the slightest. She was a total bitch to the girls from the beginning, and just watched as they were almost killed over and over, and just watched as that other group of girls were killed. All the adults from both camps need to be wiped out.

Amen. Fuck Lula. And Animus. And Dolores.

A nice bonding moment for the girls. I do wish we'd gotten a bit more on the girls hanging out with each other. We've spent a lot of the series with them on their own, dealing with their own problems, which isn't bad at all but showing that they got along well together would've made this episode much better for me.

Also, is the Animus curse just immortality and forgetting memories. Is that it ? I mean it's bad but it's not getting beaten-to-death-with-baseball-bats bad.

Also, unlike everyone else, I do sympathise with Herve but what was his plan ? Leaving a drugged, traumatised girl on the beach was somehow supposed to help her ? How the hell were her parents going to find her and keep her safe ? Was she somehow supposed to walk all the way home ? Jesus.
Apr 2, 2021 6:56 PM
Sep 2015
TitanInsane said:

Also, is the Animus curse just immortality and forgetting memories. Is that it ? I mean it's bad but it's not getting beaten-to-death-with-baseball-bats bad.

I don't remember many details about this anymore, but total irreversible amnesia is no different from death. Whoever you were is gone, a new person is in charge of your body.
Apr 2, 2021 11:50 PM

May 2020
kalinime said:
TitanInsane said:

I don't remember many details about this anymore, but total irreversible amnesia is no different from death. Whoever you were is gone, a new person is in charge of your body.

It is different from death because whatever is left can still live on. Besides, there are ways for them to preserve their memories at the end but they choose not to. It's a bad thing but it's not as bad as the Dolores curse.
Apr 3, 2021 11:06 PM
Sep 2015
TitanInsane said:

It is different from death because whatever is left can still live on. Besides, there are ways for them to preserve their memories at the end but they choose not to. It's a bad thing but it's not as bad as the Dolores curse.

If memories are gone, whatever's left is a different person. Like a blank slate identical twin. It's also the reason why regular reincarnation (where you lose your memories) is a bullshit deal no better than afterlifeless oblivion after death.
Sep 18, 2022 7:15 AM

Sep 2017
Idk why this didn't occur to me before but of couse Lula and probably a lot of the other women we've seen in this organization are in the same situation as the girls regarding the memory loss once this whole thing is over. Unsure if they are all undead tho. I wonder tho if the memory loss thing is the "curse" of Animus, then if they get the book back is it not possible that they would be able to remove the curse from themselves the same way Dolore could supposedly remove their curse? I feel like Herve said "win or lose you are fucked" kinda thing but idk.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Red Garden Episode 12 Discussion

mrzkitty - Mar 18, 2012

8 by Missynette »»
Oct 19, 2023 6:23 AM

» Worth Watching?

dustinator1991 - Jul 13, 2023

2 by removed-user »»
Jul 15, 2023 12:28 AM

Poll: » Red Garden Episode 22 Discussion

Katbot - Jul 11, 2009

34 by ProofByColor »»
Sep 18, 2022 4:07 PM

Poll: » Red Garden Episode 21 Discussion

AlexSadist-sama - Mar 1, 2011

12 by ProofByColor »»
Sep 18, 2022 3:39 PM

Poll: » Red Garden Episode 20 Discussion

AlexSadist-sama - Mar 1, 2011

7 by ProofByColor »»
Sep 18, 2022 8:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.