Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Feb 8, 2014 10:07 AM

Feb 2010
Lucidius said:
If molecules (i.e. protons, electrons and neutrons) are not moving then her brain would not be able to communicate with the rest of her body to make her muscles move in order to go anywhere in the sense of the nervous system alone. That's not including lack of movement from the muscles if they were able to, and the lack of brain process due to the lack of movement to communicate. Do you see the problem now?

Hmmm... so stabbing Ichigo in the first chapters, then he went super strong and start fighting, ghosts (Holows, Souls in SS etc), another "dimensions" (or world) - Soul Society, Hueco Mondo, "Hell" etc. is ok for you? Are you masochist that read/watch nonsensical mangas?
Feb 8, 2014 12:20 PM
Feb 2014
Wannabiteme said:
Hmmm... so stabbing Ichigo in the first chapters, then he went super strong and start fighting, ghosts (Holows, Souls in SS etc), another "dimensions" (or world) - Soul Society, Hueco Mondo, "Hell" etc. is ok for you? Are you masochist that read/watch nonsensical mangas?

Again, as i said from the first part, if they're willing to incorporate our physics into their realm, then at least go through with it, and have the decency and common sense to be consistent.

Also learn how to structure a proper sentence. I was barely able to understand what you were trying to say from that jumble of mess.
Men fear death as children fear the dark; and as that natural fear in children is increased by tales, so is the other.- Francis Bacon
Feb 9, 2014 2:31 AM
Dec 2012
It means she kills off her body before activating her shikai using the only talked about energy in Bleach which exists in nearly all action shounen along with physical energy, Spiritual energy, which the AZ can't null?

Also considering how she's the only one that can use her shikai and the shikai having a soul itself, why would it try to kill Rukia? When Cang Du attacked Hitsugaya with Hyorinmaru, Hitsugaya said that the bankai can't attack itself, too.

Ichigo learned that he's the same with his zangetsus in THE BLADE IS ME while training with the Zero Squad which was the same training Rukia went through.
Feb 10, 2014 2:53 AM

Oct 2013
Good thing Rukia's fight wasn't dragged out like Renji vs fat guy.
Feb 10, 2014 10:00 AM
Nov 2013
I just like how everyone wants absolute answers when we've barely seen of Rukia's new powers. This is where imagination comes in.....what if through reishi she's managed to manifest herself outside her body and that's how she's moving it? Or what if her temperature suddenly drops then suddenly heightens again in an extremely fluctuating manner? Maybe those 4 seconds are the only seconds she can instruct her body through the brain controlling reishi for her body to make complicated movements?

Her body might just be a puppet!?

My point is the fight's barely on it's way by sheer Kubo standards and we all want the details. Yet, the whole point of reading (Manga) and not watching Anime is that I can let my imagination go. I don't wait for the Author's own explanation I make my own... :)
Feb 10, 2014 12:31 PM

Feb 2010
Lucidius said:
Wannabiteme said:

Again, as i said from the first part, if they're willing to incorporate our physics into their realm, then at least go through with it, and have the decency and common sense to be consistent.

Also learn how to structure a proper sentence. I was barely able to understand what you were trying to say from that jumble of mess.

"sigh"... do you understand that writer can use theories?
Feb 11, 2014 8:42 AM

Jan 2013
This manga just getting worse and worse....
CondemneDio said:
You know what's buuuulllshiiiiit???

This chapter, that's what.

Exactly
Feb 11, 2014 8:53 AM
Sep 2012
IndieDreamer said:
Kuro_Yuuki said:
IndieDreamer said:
That was so so dumb, it made no sense whatsoever.

Care to elaborate? Exactly what didn't make sense? Not to attack you you or anything by the way.

According to kubo all fear stem from the fear of death.
Rukia does not fear death because her body temparature is lowered? could you explain the connection?

also absolute zero means nothing is moving, rukia is moving so its not absolute zero.

Were you paying attention at all? Rukia SAYS that she can only fuction at Absolute Zero for 4 SECONDS.
"I got a life in my grip, she holding tight to my wrist
She screaming: "Don't let me slip"
She see the tears in my eyes, I see the fear on her lips"
Feb 12, 2014 2:25 AM

May 2009
ShatteredWorld said:
IndieDreamer said:
Kuro_Yuuki said:
IndieDreamer said:
That was so so dumb, it made no sense whatsoever.

Care to elaborate? Exactly what didn't make sense? Not to attack you you or anything by the way.

According to kubo all fear stem from the fear of death.
Rukia does not fear death because her body temparature is lowered? could you explain the connection?

also absolute zero means nothing is moving, rukia is moving so its not absolute zero.

Were you paying attention at all? Rukia SAYS that she can only fuction at Absolute Zero for 4 SECONDS.

That's not how absolute zero works in reality. But I don't expect someone like Kubo to understand.
Feb 12, 2014 11:27 PM

Oct 2013
until this stage, I find it amazing that readers still trying to find sense and reality in Bleach. There goes the chain of explaining the so-called "logic" behind.

I enjoyed it and I find Rukia at the title page rather sexy. snow princess!
Feb 15, 2014 2:19 AM
Jun 2012
Wow, you people are... You do realize that there's such a thing called the suspension of disbelief and that breaking it is a bad thing right?

You can't just ask people to accept any and everything and say that their crying when they call bull out on bull.

Also rukia is dead and that is a fact. She herself says that she's dead, the shinigami says that they're dead and the people outside the place the shinigami live say that they're dead. The only way that they can get deader than they currently are is if they get destroyed which is what they said the quincies did in the first season when they killed hallows. Hell it's the "reason" they said they killed the quincies. I might add that this will eventually lead both worlds to destruction due to the unbalance it causes. Of course the author seems to have conveniently forgotten that fact.
ravengtFeb 15, 2014 2:22 AM
Feb 15, 2014 6:27 AM

Apr 2013
ravengt said:
Wow, you people are... You do realize that there's such a thing called the suspension of disbelief and that breaking it is a bad thing right?

You can't just ask people to accept any and everything and say that their crying when they call bull out on bull.

Also rukia is dead and that is a fact. She herself says that she's dead, the shinigami says that they're dead and the people outside the place the shinigami live say that they're dead. The only way that they can get deader than they currently are is if they get destroyed which is what they said the quincies did in the first season when they killed hallows. Hell it's the "reason" they said they killed the quincies. I might add that this will eventually lead both worlds to destruction due to the unbalance it causes. Of course the author seems to have conveniently forgotten that fact.

First off they are not dead. sure they don't have physically bodies but their souls are very much alive.

true some of them originally had physical bodies that died, and then their spirits were sent to the soul society.

however some of them were born in the soul society hence the 4 noble houses. so the people born in the soul society never had physical bodies to begin with.

yes rukia said she was dead but i dont think she meant literally dead.
Her body simply wasn't functioning because she was in a state of stasis AI frozen.

you have to remember that their are thousands of kanji characters.
So there is probably several words for dead or death and they might not all mean the same thing.

also i really don't see what the big deal is. bleach has never made perfect sense. for instance how do souls get older or bleed for that matter. yet you guys are bitching about rukia going absolute zero?

what a joke
Feb 19, 2014 9:40 PM

Jun 2012
So the hero got burned, and the demon-like guy got frozen... interesting twist I suppose.
Mar 1, 2014 11:11 AM

Jul 2009
Of course no reader can expect a story like this to keep to real world rules. But the creator has to work within the universe that he/she has created. A reader can only suspend their disbelief a certain amount before they call bull. The problem with this chapter is that Kubo is trying to use real world science, that he doesn't understand, to explain Rukia's power.

You can't use scientific fact to explain something, and then use "it's fiction" as a defense.

It would have been much better for Rukia to just control her body using (the made up) reishi, and say that because she has such precise control she can prevent her body from having a fear response. And then have Sode no Shiraiyuki itself be extremely cold or heat stealing.

I also don't buy that fear is always related to a person thinking they might die. How would Kubo explain things like irrational fears/phobias? But that's a question for another day.
Jun 8, 2014 12:15 AM

Oct 2013
Wow Rukia has gotten way strong since the last time.

Jun 9, 2017 5:01 AM

Feb 2013
Rukia froze that guy.
Aug 21, 2021 1:24 PM
May 2020
Lucidius said:
Shangetsu said:
Seriously if you want to cry because this manga defy our world's physic you should have done so at the very first chapter.

Some people amaze me, they read a manga where supernatural powers and gods of death exist yet they want explanation that would actually make it possible in our world.

If a manga has the cajones to incorporate our world's physics into their story in order to explain what her powers do, then they can't just simply contradict the base foundation right after inheriting it. That's just bad writing. If molecules are unable to vibrate or move, then she could not move since she, herself, is made up of molecules apparently.
It's a bad explanation and we shouldn't just gulp it down just because there are ghosts running around.

Then how do they move at light speed idiot lmao they have molecules bruhhh how do they fly on air bruh air molecules bruh
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 200 Discussion

rebwaters - Jan 11, 2010

4 by Dattebayo2992 »»
Apr 29, 9:48 AM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 60 Discussion

rebwaters - Oct 19, 2009

5 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 17, 6:12 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 570 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 26, 2014

90 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 14, 6:04 PM

» Bleach Next Generations?

Fullmetaldak - Apr 10

13 by Fullmetaldak »»
Apr 13, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 480 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 7, 2012

102 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 6, 6:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.