Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 11, 2009 1:33 PM

Aug 2008
I didn't expect that this show turns out to be better than the rest of the series I previewed this April.

I decided to pick this show since I haven't seen any good "reverse harem" titles lately. It seems like I'm also attracted to the main female character. Honestly, she doesn't seem to look like a typical "damsel in distress" type of character.

Lastly, I like the way that the series will have 39 episodes. Actually, I'm beginning to dislike shows with less than thirteen episodes. This will leave you some sort of feeling that the show is going to be a little bit "rushed" if it has lesser episodes.

Apr 11, 2009 4:35 PM

Aug 2008
Wow. This seems pretty bad. From the visuals to the characters, script and premise, it all just seems bad. And it's 39 episodes? I'm not really seeing how they could possibly maintain pace and interest for that long. I'll watch a few more episodes, but a lot of red flags have gone off for me.
Apr 11, 2009 4:38 PM

Jan 2009
noteDhero said:
Wow. This seems pretty bad. From the visuals to the characters, script and premise, it all just seems bad. And it's 39 episodes? I'm not really seeing how they could possibly maintain pace and interest for that long. I'll watch a few more episodes, but a lot of red flags have gone off for me.

Why? I think Kajika is great!
Apr 11, 2009 5:13 PM

Aug 2008
It's the same as others have said: Mary Sues aren't interesting. She's perfect and absurdly sheltered...yay! Absurd really is the key word with all of this. I'm just not really buying any of it. Worst of all was the expository conversation between Kajika and her father. Very cringe worthy for me.
Apr 11, 2009 5:58 PM

Jan 2009
noteDhero said:
It's the same as others have said: Mary Sues aren't interesting. She's perfect and absurdly sheltered...yay! Absurd really is the key word with all of this. I'm just not really buying any of it. Worst of all was the expository conversation between Kajika and her father. Very cringe worthy for me.

Maybe development will make things better in this series?
Apr 11, 2009 6:09 PM

Aug 2008
Well, yeah, but how do you develop perfect? I kind of see this going the same way that Earl and Fairy played out. She's so charming and independent, yet utterly clueless about love, and winds up having a bunch of men around her to bail her out of close situations, undercutting the "strength" and "intelligence" that she supposedly has.
Apr 11, 2009 6:24 PM

Jan 2009
noteDhero said:
Well, yeah, but how do you develop perfect? I kind of see this going the same way that Earl and Fairy played out. She's so charming and independent, yet utterly clueless about love, and winds up having a bunch of men around her to bail her out of close situations, undercutting the "strength" and "intelligence" that she supposedly has.

Maybe she get smarter, maybe something change her and then you will like her. Me seen too many animes that beginning is bad but later amazing.

This old anime so maybe adaptation might be good since many of my friends did not see this since the 80s.
Apr 11, 2009 7:08 PM

Aug 2008
The problem with that is that she becomes more perfect than she was in the beginning. You just don't really give the protagonist room to grow when their only flaw is "I've never been in love/don't know what love is/don't want to be in love with you, etc." Of course, I could be wrong, and she could be an utterly flawed character, but it just doesn't seem that way to me. It feels like Li is one of the bachelors, maybe the annoying kid bodyguard, and some other guy that is somewhat close to her, or not at all, and she ends up being torn by all these wonderful men in her life who she loves equally for different reasons and maybe she makes a choice in the end with the one person whose always been by her side.
Apr 11, 2009 7:51 PM

Jan 2009
noteDhero said:
The problem with that is that she becomes more perfect than she was in the beginning. You just don't really give the protagonist room to grow when their only flaw is "I've never been in love/don't know what love is/don't want to be in love with you, etc." Of course, I could be wrong, and she could be an utterly flawed character, but it just doesn't seem that way to me. It feels like Li is one of the bachelors, maybe the annoying kid bodyguard, and some other guy that is somewhat close to her, or not at all, and she ends up being torn by all these wonderful men in her life who she loves equally for different reasons and maybe she makes a choice in the end with the one person whose always been by her side.

Guess it need time to develop. Is 39 episodes after all.
Apr 11, 2009 11:21 PM

Dec 2007
This was so much better than I expected, and the story and plot are very interesting for me to watch Hanasakeru Seishounen. I am not surprised that Hanasakeru Seishounen may have 39 episodes, but I realize that show needs time to develop. Besides, I don’t mind about that length, anyway, because I am a big fan of shoujo after all.
Apr 12, 2009 1:17 PM

Oct 2008
first episode was a bit dissapointed me but its gonna be 39 episode after all. now waiting a better 2nd ep which meets my expectations.
Apr 12, 2009 2:16 PM
May 2008
omg I love the voice cast for this show. This is gonna be awesome.
and it looks pretty good so far. I'm liking it!
just one question... she didn't ask if there was a time limit... so this could be going on for a while, eh?
And with 12 volumes, think this will be completed in the 39 eps? or are we looking at two seasons?
Apr 12, 2009 8:08 PM

Jan 2008
I thought I'll drop this...until I got to that part about the game. The challenge had me to watch further. It seems to me that she'll end up with her childhood friend and I wish they will. The guy seems sweet enough for her... and I love childhood friends romance. :p
Apr 13, 2009 6:14 AM
Feb 2009
it's pretty good, i'm going to continue watching it but there's not much info out about it yet so i'm wondering which guy is going to end up with Kajika

i always fuss with the main characters so if anyone knows can you tell me, though i have a feeling it's not going to be Li Ren - which is abit of a shame ¬¬
Apr 14, 2009 9:41 PM

Jul 2008
it's not too bad,i'm just going to keep watching it and see how it goes^^
Apr 15, 2009 1:41 PM
Jan 2008
I thought it was pretty good. I can't wait for the story to develop more. The characters seem believable, and the animation/drawing are pretty nice. Going off to watch the 2nd ep.
Apr 23, 2009 12:52 AM
Mar 2008
The animation looked like a cheap hentai and wasn't constant until the end, the situations were corny and the lead isn't that likable so far imo. Kinda got interested 3 quarters of the way through, so I'll give it a few more eps.
Apr 23, 2009 9:20 PM
Nov 2007
I totally agree that Kajika really isn't an interesting character to me. It's nice that she's capable, but I relate to underdog characters, like Makino Tsukushi, for instance. There's nothing about her that makes me care what happens to her. Really disappointing because I usually enjoy reverse harem shows.
Apr 26, 2009 11:42 PM

Jan 2008
I loved this anime it really reminds me of Saiunkoku Monogatari and that is one of my most favorite animes. I will see how it turns out.
Apr 29, 2009 2:18 PM

Oct 2007
good opening episode looking forward to how it all develops!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 9, 2009 9:45 AM

Oct 2008
Leopard-sama is back!! Oh wait.. This time.. Fukuyama Jun gets to voice somebody else rather than his Leopard role!

This anime has good animation or the least to say, its the type of animation coloring I prefer as opposed to many animes that have a different style of animation. More over.. There is Leopard-sama and Fukuyama-sama!

May 12, 2009 12:34 PM

Feb 2009
ShanaFlame said:
it's not too bad,i'm just going to keep watching it and see how it goes^^

ya, same here
May 30, 2009 9:29 PM

Feb 2009
It really bothers me how Kajika fed the whole strawberry to that girl instead of taking the leaves off. UGH. :/
HSROSE. HOSRE. HORSE HORSE HORSE HORSE.
Sep 4, 2009 8:32 PM

Aug 2008
I liked this episode and I'm definitely going to watch the next one. I'm having trouble finding subbed episodes but I'm sure someone will make it happen.

I thought the first mention of Mustafa was touching. I could relate to it better than I could've if she was talking about love. I think it's a unique and interesting addition to the anime.

Paper said:
It really bothers me how Kajika fed the whole strawberry to that girl instead of taking the leaves off. UGH. :/

That bothered me a lot, too.
philautia_Sep 5, 2009 5:26 AM
May 4, 2010 9:52 AM

May 2010
I think this anime may be really good. I'm lookin' forward to seeing next ep. ;)
Aug 3, 2010 4:38 PM

Aug 2009
oh wow this looks so good! Normally I find reverse harem kind of a silly genre (even though I still watch it, lol) but kajika seems awesome and I love the relationship between her and her dad. I can't wait to see the 'suitors' he chose! haha
Apr 21, 2011 1:19 AM

Feb 2011
mmmmhh a strong leading girl for a reverse harem, i might be liking this anime
Jun 6, 2011 8:02 PM
Jun 2011
I loved the first episode of Hanasakeruu Seishounen! The opening and ending songs are really good. I think Kajika is an awesome character, and I like the art style. I can't wait to see how this "Marriage Game" goes and am looking forward to the second episode.
Aug 28, 2013 12:15 PM
Aug 2011
I see that Kajika used haki on that thug guy that tried to kidnap her.

Anyway i'm going into this with zero expectations. I'll have a better viewing experience if I do that.
Sep 23, 2019 5:16 PM
Aug 2018
I wonder if the nudity in the intro was necessary. This isn't an ecchi anime, at least not according to the tags, so having such an intro seems unnecessary.
Makes you wonder why they chose such an intro.
Oct 20, 2022 5:18 AM

Jan 2021
I'll be honest that I decided to watch this because I was attracted to Li Ren~ I don't have high expectations but hopefully it won't disappoint me :)

Nov 6, 2022 5:07 AM
Apr 2021
it wasn't that much interesing, characters are so annoying, but the other half of episode is quite good
Jul 3, 2023 8:15 AM

Jan 2021
Wait? She’s 14 and how old r the guys? p.e.d.o.p.h.i.l.e.s -_-
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanasakeru Seishounen Episode 12 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jun 22, 2009

28 by abystoma2 »»
Mar 6, 4:34 AM

Poll: » Hanasakeru Seishounen Episode 5 Discussion

bonbonzy - May 4, 2009

31 by CalmTeaTime »»
Oct 30, 2023 9:57 PM

Poll: » Hanasakeru Seishounen Episode 4 Discussion

maji_saikou - Apr 26, 2009

49 by CalmTeaTime »»
Oct 30, 2023 9:54 PM

Poll: » Hanasakeru Seishounen Episode 3 Discussion

bonbonzy - Apr 20, 2009

43 by CalmTeaTime »»
Jul 3, 2023 9:44 AM

Poll: » Hanasakeru Seishounen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

bonbonzy - Apr 12, 2009

60 by CalmTeaTime »»
Jul 3, 2023 9:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.