Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 8, 2009 7:30 PM

Apr 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Radokku said that the robbers who killed his wife died some years ago during a battle at Sailague. I remember in the first season, the place that Lina fought with the Copy Rezo was also at Sailague. I wonder if there is a relationship between them such as Lina was the one who killed those robbers.

I also wonder what were the last few words that Abel said to Zuuma before he died.

Did Zuuma really die? I think there is still no complete explanation about his past and why he became an assassinator yet.

(It's sad that I couldn't read everyone's comments before the forum was down and the discussion for episode 7 and 8 can't be recovered, but I'm still glad that MAL is back.)
Mar 8, 2009 8:14 PM
Jun 2007
*is trying to recall his post*

can you say awesome episode? GRIMDARK episode? This season so far has been very exciting and epic; possibly the best one since NEXT. it had everything that any slayersfagn could ever want in an episode. Amelia's fist of Justice? check. Gourry being Jedi-esque? check. Lina casting one of her most powerful spells? check. Xellos' trolling check. 5/5

@Waterlily: If those bandits did die in Saillune during Lina and the gang's battle against Copy Rezo, then its most likely that they were jut caught in the middle of that havoc. though the abductors of Zuuma and his wife didn't seem to be just bandits/kidnappers for ransom. there was this brief scene where the symbol of Shabranigdu was shown, and I think that that could be related or exactly why they were abducted. Zuuma's hatred right now seems to be misplaced as it could be Copy Rezo who actually killed those bandits. Lina just seemed to be a convenient target because she survived the ordeal.

and I'm positive the Zuuma is dead. no one can survive Xellos' GIGA DRILL BREEEEEAAAAAKKKKEEEERRRRRRR!!!!!!!1!111!!!1111

EDIT: I found it odd though that Lina was able to cast and maintain that Ragna Blade despite skipping the incantation for the magic amplification and the spell itself. what was up with that?
avrcMar 8, 2009 10:19 PM
Mar 9, 2009 6:11 AM

Feb 2009
Avarice said:

and I'm positive the Zuuma is dead. no one can survive Xellos' GIGA DRILL BREEEEEAAAAAKKKKEEEERRRRRRR!!!!!!!1!111!!!1111

LOL to that comment

Well it was a nice episode, but kinda a sad that Abel got killed by his own dad T-T
Mar 10, 2009 3:50 AM

Oct 2007
Mar 10, 2009 6:21 PM

Jun 2007
Freaking awesome!
That's basically all I can say about this episode, Xellos is just a beast!
Mar 13, 2009 4:56 PM
Feb 2009
too bad there was no sound effect for the GIGA DRILL BREAKEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

ZREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Mar 15, 2009 12:13 PM

Apr 2008
Avarice said:
*is trying to recall his post*

can you say awesome episode? GRIMDARK episode? This season so far has been very exciting and epic; possibly the best one since NEXT. it had everything that any slayersfagn could ever want in an episode. Amelia's fist of Justice? check. Gourry being Jedi-esque? check. Lina casting one of her most powerful spells? check. Xellos' trolling check. 5/5

@Waterlily: If those bandits did die in Saillune during Lina and the gang's battle against Copy Rezo, then its most likely that they were jut caught in the middle of that havoc. though the abductors of Zuuma and his wife didn't seem to be just bandits/kidnappers for ransom. there was this brief scene where the symbol of Shabranigdu was shown, and I think that that could be related or exactly why they were abducted. Zuuma's hatred right now seems to be misplaced as it could be Copy Rezo who actually killed those bandits. Lina just seemed to be a convenient target because she survived the ordeal.

EDIT: I found it odd though that Lina was able to cast and maintain that Ragna Blade despite skipping the incantation for the magic amplification and the spell itself. what was up with that?

I agree.

Just surprised that Zuuma just died so suddenly.
Mar 15, 2009 3:57 PM

Jun 2007
Well granted he was up against Xellos. EVERYONE dies suddenly when facing that guy xD
Mar 15, 2009 4:18 PM
Jun 2007
mulderman said:
Well granted he was up against Xellos. EVERYONE dies suddenly when facing that guy xD

I can see two people surviving an encounter with Xellos: Amelia (because of her exaggerated positive view on life, she can immobilize Xellos with her speeches before escaping) and Wizer (because of his wits). Zuuma was just unfortunate to have a pessimistic outlook in life. xD
Nov 28, 2009 2:49 PM

Apr 2009
Well, though apparent at least from episode 7, the twist with Zuuma's identity was very nice... though I can't help but feel that the end of the battle was a bit too anticlimatic...
Apr 2, 2010 1:51 PM

Dec 2008
So we had Giga Drill Breaker (Xellos) and Hokuto Hyakuretsu Ken (Amelia) in one episode. XD

In conjunction with Radok's surprise identity, that gets a 5/5 in my book. I wonder just how Abel found out about his father's double life though? I suppose he would naturally be suspicious with his extended absences alone.
fedaykinApr 2, 2010 1:56 PM
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
Sep 13, 2010 11:22 PM

Feb 2010
What!? Now we will never know why Zuma wants Lina dead so much. Oh well, it was funny to hear what the guys would do if Lina dies.
Master_GeassSep 13, 2010 11:26 PM
Jul 10, 2011 10:17 AM

Jun 2010
I'm not sure what to think about the fact that Zuuma's grudge is never explicitly explained. Leaving stories untold and up to the audience's imagination can be a good idea.

My interpretation is that Zuuma finally tracked down the bandits responsible for his wife's death only to find they were already dead. Unable to accept being denied his revenge, he transferred his rage to the person he (irrationally) held responsible for this circumstance; Lina.
Sep 4, 2011 5:16 PM

Dec 2009
Wow, intense episode.
Oct 4, 2012 10:26 AM

Aug 2009
Whew! Damn! That episode was better than the entire Revolution season! Intense drama, fast-paced and well-animated fight scenes, a TWIST and a pissed-off Lina casting a RAGNA BLADE in 3 seconds, because she is that pissed! And lets not forget the GIGA DRILL BREAKER!!!

I should really rewatch Gurren Lagann after 3 years...

But I really hope they explain a little more about Zuuma hating Lina. I know Slayers isn't big on background exposition (and I respect that! One of the many reasons I love this show), but if you're going to have a villain for 1 and a half seasons and also foreshadow his reasoning, you should really give the viewers some closure!
ShinobinomiOct 4, 2012 10:30 AM
Dec 22, 2013 3:06 AM

Jan 2013
Fronzel said:
I'm not sure what to think about the fact that Zuuma's grudge is never explicitly explained. Leaving stories untold and up to the audience's imagination can be a good idea.

My interpretation is that Zuuma finally tracked down the bandits responsible for his wife's death only to find they were already dead. Unable to accept being denied his revenge, he transferred his rage to the person he (irrationally) held responsible for this circumstance; Lina.
Maybe the one who defeated the bandits was Lina thus he was unable to find out who ordered them to kidnap him and his wife. So he transfered his grudge towards Lina.

Also what a lame way for Zuuma to die. But he killed his own son so I don't really care.
Dec 31, 2013 4:22 AM

Sep 2012
Ya the Great Xellos strikes again.

I pretty much already guessed everything Zuuma related. Died a little earlier than expected but hey he got carried away with killing the other two so it's fair.
Jul 18, 2015 10:36 AM

Jul 2014
Lina casting Ragnablade like it was a common Fireball. Wow, that's impressive.

Fronzel said:
That makes sense. We'll see if it is true.
Mar 28, 2017 9:40 PM

Aug 2015
Ah, I knew we'd be spinning the roulette wheel of continuity again. Now Evolution-R is no longer consistent with Revolution because the bandits Zuuma has a grudge against were killed at Sairaag, which was destroyed 126 years ago acording to Revolution. Now it's consistent with season 1 of Slayers. smh

Besides, if Zuuma is Raddock, why the ruse of keeping them there as his bodyguards if not to attack Lina immediately once she arrives? Why waste time like that with that charade?
Feb 19, 2021 4:32 AM

Apr 2013
Kind of an anticlimatic end for Zuuma. I mean his whole plan did not made any sense anyway. He was also the worst assassin ever, instead of sneak-attacking them he always openly introduced himself.

More topics from this board

» Any Chance of a new remake/remade season??

kutchero - Jan 19, 2023

2 by boqjyb-Bofrux-mi »»
Apr 13, 7:49 PM

Poll: » Slayers Evolution-R Episode 10 Discussion

MariosX - Mar 16, 2009

15 by sketchy12 »»
Apr 6, 2023 4:13 PM

Poll: » Slayers Evolution-R Episode 13 Discussion

avrc - Apr 6, 2009

41 by wildhood »»
Feb 11, 2023 9:55 AM

» Nama = Naga?

Anakat_sama - Jun 6, 2017

2 by SlayerGoury »»
Nov 7, 2021 8:59 AM

Poll: » Slayers Evolution-R Episode 4 Discussion

mulderman - Feb 3, 2009

29 by Etcetera- »»
Oct 30, 2021 10:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.