Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 28, 2013 3:32 AM

Jun 2013
Haha who would have thought everyone getting trolled by the director.

This episode is equally good, just that the ending scene of last episode was pretty misleading lol. Trolling approved!
Nov 28, 2013 6:16 PM

Dec 2011
They finally touched that topic. Ahahaha. All battleship and war machines are referred as woman, that is why mental models of the fog are all female!

Finally, another battle. Can't wait to see what kind of deus ex machina 401 would do.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 29, 2013 12:46 AM

Jan 2013
Really good episode. Loved the dialogue. I'm finally really getting into the plot and concept.
Nov 29, 2013 12:46 AM

Oct 2010
One of the best anime this season, and by far my favorite. Quite rare to get an anime that does things so well as this one. For starters, I scream "Th-They're DOING IT RIGHT!" at the screen every 15 minutes.

I am amusingly astonished how they can build a romantic aspect so well without the cheesy "I'll protect you!" or "Trust me" bloody 3 eps in the series.

Yoku yatta naa.
Nov 29, 2013 9:16 AM

Nov 2010
That clash between Iona and Kongou on the beach
Gunzou had his harem complete at the room

Just when I thought this would be about negotiations and silly scene only
it escalated into gunfires and bombardments on the Island which was awesome
Nov 30, 2013 4:29 AM

Aug 2012
All the mental models were so adorable. Even Kongou.

Kirishima was surely having a hard time in that mini form.

Hilarious bullying towards Haruna.

i never had a thought that this show would be this good. 2nd season pls.

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Nov 30, 2013 10:55 PM

May 2013
I really like the anime so far. My favorite character is Haruna because even compared to the main characters she had by far the most character development.
Everytime I see a new episode I want to play a game with warships, which I think is a good thing. ^^

The only part I didn't like of this episode was one explanation. I think if you don't have a good explanation for something in an anime, then don't mention it at all. What I'm talking about is Kongou it looking the way she does because it was the "most energy efficient form" - That makes no sense. If she wanted a energy efficient form she probably wouldn't even look human, much less wear a dress like this.

I don't know if it will become a thing later (I hope so) but it's pretty obvious that Kongou and the other ship that came with her (forgot the name) already have feelings and personalities. If they didn't Kongou wouldn't dislike something or even get a little bit angry, with the other ship it's even more obvious because why would she show interest in piano playing and overall behave like she does?

A emotionless AI who is only driven by it's purpose would have just killed Gunzou on first direct contact without playing along the whole day (since her core wasn't in danger anyway). So I hope Kongou will realizes that all mental models were capable on choosing on their own even before they met Gunzou and Iona and this whole episode will not become some kind of plothole (since it's so obvious that they all had emotions and different personalities so begin with) if you get what I try to explain. ^^'
DancingJackNov 30, 2013 10:59 PM
"The fool who believed in miracles now walks among the dead." ~ Blade of the Phantom Master
Dec 1, 2013 3:07 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

As you well know who dabbles in politics, diplomacy comes first, then the blows! A Kongo like to shout: "Viuuleeenza!" XD
The episode is not bad, nothing sugarcoated, indeed very thoughtful but I was not satisfied! ^ ^ "
The pathos is not gone right up to the climax, perhaps because of the fanservice and comic moments that have broken the chain, when it was serious! ^ ^ "
Now I want more drama and nastiness, with blood, tears and twists to burst! * _ *
Meanwhile, I enjoy the battle that is coming in the next episode!

Kurogashi said:
moral of the story...
PUT MEAT AT THE TOP OF THE SKEWER, not green peppers.. that's how you avoid wars.
geez bbq 101.

shazam.

I would add a bit of alcohol to enhance the action of the pacifist BBQ! XD
Dec 1, 2013 2:35 PM
Jun 2012
DancingJack said:
The only part I didn't like of this episode was one explanation. I think if you don't have a good explanation for something in an anime, then don't mention it at all. What I'm talking about is Kongou it looking the way she does because it was the "most energy efficient form" - That makes no sense. If she wanted a energy efficient form she probably wouldn't even look human, much less wear a dress like this.

The fog are capable of bullshitting/lying, remember when kirishima ate the carrot by accident and then haruna just agreed with makie's assessment that she was some kind of robot expert? And then haruna says "I'll give that teddy (kirishima) to you".

Kongou's saying that the way she looked was about algorithms was total bullshit and the demeanor of Hyuuga knew she was bullshitting.
Dec 2, 2013 12:24 AM

Apr 2012
poor teddy
Dec 2, 2013 4:52 PM

Apr 2008
DancingJack said:
It's supposed to be like Accel World's battle avatar. They woke up with a form and stuck with it. No alternative,

Middle ground is, what Kongou wanted is to not get overwhelmed by emotion.
Human emulation is supposed to an extra equipment to let them learn strategies.
Like human would say: you're supposed to be using your money, not being used by your money
nseikaDec 2, 2013 4:59 PM
Dec 14, 2013 11:49 AM

Jun 2013
...The F**K? *looks Opening's part where parts of the episode are shown* Miya and Takao Came Shore!? To BEach? How Did Gunzou Succeed on THAT!?! Oh we seen in episode...

O.O AND THEY ACCEPTED THE INVITATION!!!?? and Lol, Maya is Cute and Funny!! Gunzou really Have Balls of Steel!!!

OMG small Talk between mental models (Hyuuga and Kongou mostly) is Hilarious and Awesome!!!! XD

Onomatopoeia..? the hell is That? *Read's Wikipedia* Oh that..still don't get why Takao said that?
And Why The Fuck is Gunzou telling everything to Kongou? I seriously to get him

LOL!!! GUNZOU!!!! Kongou Ask You most important Question and you decide to eat!!! this is Awesome episode!!!
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Dec 31, 2013 3:08 AM

Jun 2008
Kongou onee-sama, please tie me up and abuse me, lol.
Really Kongou just has that aura of a great sadistic mistress.

destructo22 said:
Kurogashi said:
moral of the story...
PUT MEAT AT THE TOP OF THE SKEWER, not green peppers.. that's how you avoid wars.
geez bbq 101.

shazam.
IT TOOK ME 4 YEARS AND A COLLEGE DEGREE TO LEARNT DAT

Holy cow!! My eyes have opened. I feel like i discovered the truth of the universe.
Jan 9, 2014 1:04 AM

Oct 2012
Poor pedobear xD

Awauu...Shakin~
Awauu...Shakin~

Monad said:

destructo22 said:
Kurogashi said:
moral of the story...
geez bbq 101.

shazam.

Holy cow!! My eyes have opened. I feel like i discovered the truth of the universe.

You could always put all meat no veggie at the skewer
Well, maybe Kongou is a bit like Shin-chan.. Hate peppers xD
"Signature removed"
Jan 17, 2014 10:24 AM

Jan 2012
the first half of the episode wasn't that interesting, but once they were all on the beach eating etc and the battle at the end made up for a somewhat uneventful episode, also Haruna with her coat made me laugh too much xD
Mar 12, 2014 6:25 AM

Sep 2011
This anime is definitely exceeding expectations. Epic episode!
Apr 1, 2014 5:30 AM
May 2012
They are having fun and then.......shit got serious :O
Kongou is a hard one, isn't she??
Kongou is scary too, and I like that :3
Intense fight next episode!!!!
I forgot to mention but the previous episode's ending song is hilarious with them using the battleship forms instead of the girl forms ahahaha.

Ray_Light said:
Poor pedobear xD

Awauu...Shakin~
Awauu...Shakin~

Monad said:

destructo22 said:
Kurogashi said:
moral of the story...
geez bbq 101.

shazam.

You could always put all meat no veggie at the skewer
Well, maybe Kongou is a bit like Shin-chan.. Hate peppers xD

It feels like Gunzou was trying to bribe Kongou using food ahahaha.
He should have used bacon =_=
Apr 4, 2014 4:39 AM

Jan 2013
Good episode,was very relaxing but become very intense.
Kongou is such a "bit@$#" thinking that she is the best and that the others are the bad ones.
They all were getting a lot of fun together :D So Hyuga have feelings for Iona ahahaha epic
Kongou is smart but it seems that Maya wanted to stay with them in the island.But however she bited the food :D
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 7, 2014 9:32 AM

May 2012
Shit is going to get down next episode! But lol that coat of her must be really special inside :p
Sep 26, 2014 11:31 PM

Jul 2008
Shakiiiin!!!! That doesn't get old.

Looks like its finally fight time. Kongo won't learn unless she gets beat.
Nov 13, 2014 4:33 PM

Feb 2013
Takao fighting Hyuga for Iona's meat...

I didn't like Hyuga much the fist time I watched this. Now, she's hilarious.
Dec 9, 2014 3:18 AM

Feb 2013
Anybody notice those Iona figures in the room where they were talking? lol

Takao is totallyl a tsundere.

Kongou took a bite out of that shish kabob! Looks like shit is about to go down next episode! Good episode.
Aug 6, 2015 9:19 PM
Jan 2013
Blind_Guardian said:
I wonder what kind of reference it is in the original Japanese, since it doesn't sound like she's actually saying "Shazam" (and of course in English it's a reference to DC's Captain Marvel).

Though it's used in much the same way most people would use Shazam, it doesn't appear to be a reference at all in Japanese:
http://www.jlect.com/entry/3225/shakiin/
Your mean should be an even bell curve only if you watch every show that comes out. Having a high-slung mean doesn't mean you're rating improperly. It can also mean you're selecting shows well to watch mostly things you enjoy.
Sep 20, 2018 12:36 PM

Mar 2016
It was the right decision to call ships and other marine vehicles with a feminine call after all... Applause to whoever said that first.

'Frivolous acts' (Useless act) That's the vague meaning but what Kongou meant was... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Wow, Kongou need to calm down, then again it would be interesting to see...

Damn this scene was hilarious!
Kongou and everyone *Serious*
Gunzou "Lol, I'm hungry bruh!"

This episode has such a relaxing and cheerful beach scene, it's fun to see these mental models enjoying themselves and minding their own business. Kongou is such a party pooper though! And all because the first thing she ate from that skewer is that paprika and not a nice tender meat!

Yasu-kun said:
Kurogashi said:
moral of the story...
geez bbq 101.

shazam.

^!!!

You're right! Wow thanks a lot Hyuga! NOT
Feb 15, 2020 3:42 AM

Jul 2016
funkotaku said:
This anime is definitely exceeding expectations. Epic episode!

Is it? Seems pretty stock standard to me. Fan service with a few nice battles in between.
May 22, 9:02 AM

Dec 2022
I do appreciate that Kongou couldn't be placated in the same way the other Mental Models were; in fact, she was outright wary of such a prospect to begin with, and took pre-emptive measures to ensure her physical presence was on her ship, so she could get straight to bombardment. Would've been too easy if what looks like the main antagonist of the Fleet of Fog could be neutralised in such a passive way.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2013

197 by Archean-Return »»
May 22, 12:18 PM

Poll: » Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2013

96 by Archean-Return »»
May 22, 11:18 AM

Poll: » Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2013

202 by Archean-Return »»
May 22, 10:40 AM

Poll: » Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2013

100 by Archean-Return »»
May 22, 9:41 AM

Poll: » Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2013

84 by Archean-Return »»
May 22, 8:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.