Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 31, 2013 10:20 AM

Sep 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pikachu got a Kohai !

Next episode with a gym plus Serena joining them ?
Oct 31, 2013 10:22 AM

May 2009
"I wonder if episode 4 is out already"

"Pokémon XY Episode 4 discussion"

"15 seconds ago"

Well damn.
Oct 31, 2013 10:37 AM

May 2013
Eureka has a new pokemon to play with now. Cool that Serena chose Fennekin as her starter pokemon.
Oct 31, 2013 10:45 AM

Aug 2008
Yes,look like next episode is gym battle and Serena will join them.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Oct 31, 2013 1:54 PM

Dec 2012
Pikachu and Dedenne were good team together. at the end lol when Eureka cheeks then she got plyz by Dedenne lol. And another experiment failed like last time. Next episode Ash and Serena going to meet :D
LightBladeNova said:
It makes me sad to know that still hardly anyone knows what a visual novel is, even in the anime community.
Oct 31, 2013 3:29 PM

Dec 2008
Oct 31, 2013 3:36 PM
Aug 2012
So who's going to make the food this time? Since they're all kids traveling. Don't tell me Citron will use one of his machines?

Maybe Blue will finally be in the anime at the age of 16/17 like in the FR/LG manga. This would be one of the best things ever happened in the anime.
Oct 31, 2013 4:27 PM
Jul 2013
The episode was interesting , by the appearance and strength Dedenne demonstrated against Team Rocket , fighting Inkay , his special attack " Nuzzle " It was good to see him in action, the attack animation for the hearts liked combined with electric shock , looks good . Also notice the animation of the characters and pokemon , where design becomes " kawai " since they are drawing red cheeks , as with Bonnie , and eyes like those of Dedenne chillosos and Pikachu , being petted , so the Staff is thinking more in children. And the behavior between Pikachu and Dedenne was a good combination , because apparently well understood .

As Team Rocket , their first flying way out , I found very stupid , I mean , crashing into a rock and explode, whys is that? Fantasy ? Like the second , as can a balloon burst? Anyway, I like how James speaks to Inkay , look neater with their pokemon .

Oh yeah , notice Fennekin animation in the last episode and compare it with this , notice that the difference was in their eyes , because they are made ​​very large to start .

One last thing , the end , Serena made ​​a trainer rookie that the time to act, it is decided by your pokemon instead of her , I just hope you learn a little and act better.
Oct 31, 2013 7:26 PM

Jun 2012
Needs moar Serena.
Oct 31, 2013 7:55 PM

Sep 2012
Serena is rather inexperienced, as expected. It would be fun to watch her grow.

Looking forward to gym battle next week.
Oct 31, 2013 8:53 PM

Dec 2011
Things are really moving fast, Ash is battling the 1st gym leader already!
Also, can't wait for Serena to join the group.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 31, 2013 10:33 PM

Feb 2009
Where in the hell did Citron pull out that big machine?
And gym battle next episode. Serena finally joins them, though what will she do? Will she do gym battles as well or something else?
Oct 31, 2013 11:29 PM
Jun 2013
I really like that Pikachu is sort of like a big brother to Dedenne, that was super cute. I also like Citron's character so far, he's intelligent but just silly enough to be amusing, and Eureka is a total sweetie!

It's nice to see Ash not being an idiot, and Serena is really interesting so far~ the starter Pokemon showin off were adorable!

Also I'm loving what they did with Team Rocket this time, it's like they mixed the original Team Rocket with B/W Team Rocket and it's perfect~

I'm in love with this season so far, I think it might be my new favorite. u.u

Super excited to see Ash meet Serena & Viola next ep!
Nov 1, 2013 2:37 AM

Jan 2013
This is still a much better series than what we've had in the past.
Hopefully the trend will continue in with the movies, because I'd love something super great.
Please check my music out on SoundCloud! There's something for everyone.

Nov 1, 2013 5:17 AM

Apr 2011
You know, instead of using that machine (which was doomed to fail), they could've just used Pikachu instead. I mean, all they needed was a little lightning, which Pikachu could've easily provided.

Either way, neat episode. It feels kinda bad that Dedenne doesn't have any evolutions, though. Would've liked to see one in the future.
Nov 1, 2013 7:17 AM
Aug 2012
I actually thought that would happen.
Nov 1, 2013 7:52 AM
Oct 2013
Unique way of capturing Dedenne. A pity Jessi didn't use her Wobbafeut much this time, or it would have wiped the floor of Ash and Gang.

Also, they don't have anyone else to make food for them.. Maybe Serena/Clemont will make food? Bonnie and Ash definitely don't look like they can cook...

Serena as inexperienced as Ash was in season one.. pokemon attacking w/o trainers giving out commands..

Hope to see the scene of ash and Serena reuniting.. Wonder how it'd be like, can't wait :D

Finally, Ash at his first gym. Let's see how much his increased maturity in battling and handling affairs since entering Kalos will help him in his first gym battle!
Nov 2, 2013 7:13 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Good episode, Eureka(Bonnie), and Satoshi(Ash) have two cute electric types. I thought Jessie and James would put more of a battle. After all James has a Pokemon with Psybeam and other good moves, and Jessie has Wubbaffet which can counter moves. Also cute way for Eureka to put Dedenne in her yellow purse to sleep.

Next episode should be great too, Ash and Serena reunite next episode. I wonder how Ash will react, and knowing Serena she might be the lubby dubby type of girl.

Nov 4, 2013 2:43 AM

Jan 2011
I can imagine Dedene calling Pikachu Onii chan.

And they implemented Pokémon amie so well. It seems so normal compared to the minigame.
Nov 4, 2013 8:24 AM

Apr 2010
Dedenne is sooooo sweeeet. ♥
Nov 8, 2013 12:08 AM

Jan 2013
Pikachu and Dedenne rubbing their cheeks was just the cutest thing ever.

Also, I'm really glad they finally got rid of the stock backrounds they would use during each move used by a Pokémon, the battles are much more fluid now.

Erbesonbt said:
You may even disagree with me, but for me it's much better than being the first Pokémon saga.

I don't disagree with you. And it's not that hard to achieve anyway...

Apology said:
As Team Rocket , their first flying way out , I found very stupid , I mean , crashing into a rock and explode, whys is that? Fantasy ? Like the second , as can a balloon burst?

Better get used to that, it seems you'll be seeing it a lot in XY, since they decided to go with the "silly" Team Rocket.

Apology said:
One last thing , the end , Serena made ​​a trainer rookie that the time to act, it is decided by your pokemon instead of her , I just hope you learn a little and act better.

Well, she just started, it's okay to be inexperienced. If they give her a proper goal like they did to May and Dawn, then I'm pretty sure she'll be a good battler by the end of the season.
AipomNov 8, 2013 12:16 AM
Dec 10, 2013 5:38 AM
May 2013
did you know what pokemon that attack serena? damn its like digimon. bee with its hive. dang it
Dec 10, 2013 6:16 AM

Jan 2013
kazumazero said:
did you know what pokemon that attack serena? damn its like digimon. bee with its hive. dang it

Vespiqueen
Nov 16, 2014 5:46 AM

Aug 2014
Dedenne joined into the team! But where did Clemont keep his scientific things? Their so big than he can't save them on his bag.... xD
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Dec 16, 2014 1:16 PM

Jul 2013
Dedenne is cute! I liked him and Pikachu escaping Team Rocket.

They are so cute together <3

I knew Serena would choose Fennekin, it's so cute! I want one when I get the game <3
Nov 4, 2015 10:30 AM

Nov 2014
Well.. so that dendenne is actually still relevant to the plot.. It's so funny to see it and pikachu become bros since both of them are electric mouse pokemon.. Outside of that nothing really particular.. just our regular pokemon episode and good thing that clement finally be able to caugth dendenne.. Again, near the end we got to see serena and her fennekin.. She's still an amateur for sure.. can't wait to see her join to ash party soon.. 4/5
Reality is the lifeblood that makes a work pulse with energy. Reality itself is entertainment

Apr 6, 2016 4:11 AM
Feb 2013
My diabetes are at dangerous levels after this episode. So much CUTE.
Aug 6, 2016 8:53 PM

Dec 2012
Serena wants to get Fokko. Also, don't tease the pantsu shot.

Yayakoma getting the good treatment again after its scumbag actions.

Another Rocket Gang fail.

Serena is lucky that it was Beequen instead of a camper. That person could have been a potential rapist. Just saying.
RobAug 6, 2016 9:41 PM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Aug 29, 2016 5:23 AM

Mar 2015
Denneden and Pikachu really looks alike each other.

Nov 10, 2021 11:46 AM

Dec 2007
banny is just an adaption of pokemon amy now, lol.

3rd catch episode in row.
Jul 24, 2023 6:33 AM

Oct 2016
I'm an adult now, but somehow watching this show again felt just as entertaining as back then. I don't know, maybe my inner self refuses to age, just like Satoshi refuses to age beyond the age of 10. XD
Oct 31, 2023 8:43 AM

Feb 2020
Dedenne e Eureka são tão cute cute 🫠
Jan 2, 11:54 AM

Jan 2013
Pikachu was so damn cute this episode!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon XY Episode 93 Discussion

ETX - Oct 27, 2015

27 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 4, 7:48 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY Episode 87 Discussion

Aipom - Sep 26, 2015

12 by PrOxAnto »»
Feb 20, 7:47 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY Episode 86 Discussion

SweetKiichigo - Sep 9, 2015

19 by PrOxAnto »»
Feb 17, 8:33 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY Episode 78 Discussion

SweetKiichigo - Jul 8, 2015

9 by PrOxAnto »»
Feb 7, 5:06 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY Episode 72 Discussion

210125 - May 14, 2015

16 by PrOxAnto »»
Feb 6, 3:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.