Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 5, 2013 7:13 AM

May 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty nice ending I have to say, was quite sweet and nice that she did came back! Well the series was pretty decent and the story was stable, so in general it wasn't all too bad! Well lets see what Project A-Ko: Vs has to offer!
Dec 12, 2014 12:51 PM
Nov 2013
It wasn't bad at all. Sure, questionable in terms of quality. But who cares about quality when you can have fun watching this awesome series? I never got tired of it, and it really kept the same quality until this end. If you analyze with critical eyes, okay, isn't really a good series. But that wouldn't be fair, since we have to look to the pretenses of the show, which is pretty much being stupid and fun to entertain the viewer. And they made it right.
Jun 9, 2016 1:13 AM

Apr 2012
Ah, that was pretty good. I was worried that it wouldn't have been a satisfying ending after the third OVA.
Jul 26, 2016 8:08 AM

Jun 2014
That was pretty cool! I got a kick out of that giant A-Ko mecha! I also noticed the Kimagure Orange Road movie bit in there.

I'm glad that C-Ko came back. She may be childish and whiny, but this series wouldn't be the same without her.

Oct 8, 2017 11:00 AM
Aug 2014
OK finale, C-Ko just coming back instead of being "saved" was a decent twist.
Sep 28, 2019 9:28 PM

Nov 2012
Despite varying in quality a bit, Project A-ko was a pretty fun OVA series overall.
Nov 7, 2019 7:27 PM

Mar 2016
I was very impressed with how these movies kept on building up on each other, and this final did feel like a culmination. Was not really expecting that kind of consistency with not only the character designs themselves but character antics and relationships too, especially across four releases in the 80s. Out of all of them, the second was the weakest in my opinion.
Feb 7, 2020 5:34 PM

Jun 2010
All four of the Project A-ko works until now are a bit meandering and sluggish in getting to the meat but this is the worst in that respect; it's probably about twice as long as it needs to be.

The fake-out with Ayumi is very strange given that C-ko being the alien princess was so prominently a part of the first two works.
May 5, 2022 10:58 PM
Jan 2020
That's one anticlimactic finale
Oct 9, 2022 2:53 PM

Nov 2016
Part 3 toned down the craziness a bit which gave it a feel closer to a slice of life/rom-com, whereas this finale amped up the melodrama.

The crazy tone shifts between the installments honestly contributed to my enjoyment alongside the various references. Obligatory Ashita no Joe one, but Kimagure Orange Road was the highlight.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 17, 3:52 PM

Oct 2018
Needlessly bloated just like the previous OVA although not as pathetic. They clearly had the animation muscle yet restrained from being ambitious with the production. Don't know what the production circumstances were, but after this finale, don't even want to know about it.
Etherius_ZSApr 18, 2:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.