Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Apr 21, 2013 6:50 PM

Nov 2012
who is levi? is it
Your so-called peaceful world makes me bored, so don't blame me if I destroy all of it.
- http://worldinverse.smackjeeves.com
Apr 21, 2013 6:51 PM
Nov 2011
WorldInverse said:
who is levi? is it

Yes, same person. Rivaille is a mistranslation.
Apr 21, 2013 6:59 PM

Nov 2012
oh I see. thanks for clarifying. I have no complain for the votes then.
Your so-called peaceful world makes me bored, so don't blame me if I destroy all of it.
- http://worldinverse.smackjeeves.com
Apr 21, 2013 10:44 PM

Nov 2011
pming said:

Levi is the most popular. He's like One Piece - has like twice more votes than the next popular character.

Levi - 3952
Eren - 2244
Mikasa - 2232
Sasha - 818
Christa - 664
Annie - 452
Hanji - 380
Reiner - 340
Jean - 310
Armin - 290

LOL Jean. I like Jean he goes through the most character development IMO but I guess he doesn't have the x-factor to attract fans......or Mikasa
dankickyouApr 22, 2013 3:29 AM
The Art of Eight
Apr 21, 2013 10:55 PM

Nov 2011
Red_Keys said:
bastek66 said:
Everyone who hates Kaji should at least watch Ixion Saga.
Or just shove their stupid opinions back down their cock-sucking throats and shut up about it.

Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Can we get this "Hate the MC" crap over with. It's getting old.
Indeed.

I finally watched the latest episode. Come the fuck on people, are you kidding me? You dislike him for actually having a backbone and standing by what he believes in, having determination, confidence, and, as clearly shown, sufficient skill?

Give me a fucking break.

Anime fans seem to hate achieving, ambitious, and confident MCs. Probably because seeing an alpha make their beta sense tingle. Makes me want to see an Alexander the Great anime adaption. Young Alexander: I will conquer and unite the known world under my banner! MALers: ZOMG what an arrogant, conceited kid. he is so weak, how dare he have dreams!!!!
The Art of Eight
Apr 21, 2013 11:13 PM

Feb 2012
blah blah blah
if your a millionaire you can make your own anime and story without the details or anything that you dont like...
just hire some anime company ,producer something like that
especially hire any voice actor that you wont hate
if your not keep complaining ..i dont know it will work ..but i think it wont change anything so my advice is ..either accept that you cant do anything just continue watching or stop watching
Apr 22, 2013 2:56 AM

Aug 2009
dankickyou said:
Red_Keys said:
bastek66 said:
Or just shove their stupid opinions back down their cock-sucking throats and shut up about it.

Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Indeed.

I finally watched the latest episode. Come the fuck on people, are you kidding me? You dislike him for actually having a backbone and standing by what he believes in, having determination, confidence, and, as clearly shown, sufficient skill?

Give me a fucking break.

Anime fans seem to hate achieving, ambitious, and confident MCs. Probably because seeing an alpha make their beta sense tingle. Makes me want to see an Alexander the Great anime adaption. Young Alexander: I will conquer and unite the known world under my banner! MALers: ZOMG what an arrogant, conceited kid. he is so weak, how dare he have dreams!!!!
We already had that.Although Alexander was 212cm tall and in his 30s.Result:Almost everyones fav char
Apr 22, 2013 3:15 AM

Dec 2012
dankickyou said:
pming said:

Levi is the most popular. He's like One Piece - has like twice more votes than the next popular character.

Levi - 3952
Eren - 2244
Mikasa - 2232
Sasha - 818
Christa - 664
Annie - 452
Hanji - 380
Reiner - 340
Jean - 310
Armin - 290

LOL Jean. I like Jean he goes through the most character development IMO but I guess he doesn't have the x-factor to attract fans.
Being Jean is suffering.
Apr 22, 2013 3:19 AM

Jan 2012
dankickyou said:

Meanwhile all the sub 20 kids still living off mommies credit card are like, hey this guy is really awesome... I can so relate to him. He wants power and has a bad mouth, wants to make a difference and feels he is capable of anything.

This stupid argument works both ways, but really doesn't have any place here none the less.
ReasonDesuApr 22, 2013 3:24 AM
Apr 22, 2013 3:33 AM
Nov 2011
SnK has three THREE (3) kids as the main MC.

Seriously. The two major arcs in the manga (so far) had climaxes resolved by team work. And I don't mean teamwork wherein everyone else makes one character look good. I'm talking (real) teamwork wherein everyone dies (including Eren) if just one character does not do his or her part.

It's done in such a manner that manga readers will think you're nuts if you say that Eren fixed everything on his own.
Apr 22, 2013 3:41 AM

Aug 2009
ReasonDesu said:
dankickyou said:

Meanwhile all the sub 20 kids still living off mommies credit card are like, hey this guy is really awesome... I can so relate to him. He wants power and has a bad mouth, wants to make a difference and feels he is capable of anything.

This stupid argument works both ways, but really doesn't have any place here none the less.
Except that we see what dankickyou said everyday,every hour in MAL.ANd not just in SnK.
Apr 22, 2013 5:18 AM

Sep 2012
personally, i dont mind eren, and i can see why he acts that way, but fuck. enough with the IMAH KILL ALL DEM TITAANNNNSS ANGSSTT. jesus, tone it down a bit.

still, that has absolutely 0 effect on how much im currently enjoying the show.
cant wait for the next episode every week.
Apr 22, 2013 5:38 AM
Aug 2011
ssjokg said:
dankickyou said:
Red_Keys said:
bastek66 said:

Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Indeed.

Give me a fucking break.

We already had that.Although Alexander was 212cm tall and in his 30s.Result:Almost everyones fav char

Alexander was the shit! One of my favorite male characters ever.
Apr 22, 2013 5:51 AM

Aug 2009
iWriter88 said:
ssjokg said:
dankickyou said:
Red_Keys said:
bastek66 said:

Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Indeed.

Give me a fucking break.

Alexander was the shit! One of my favorite male characters ever.
Conclusion:Many Anime fans hate kids with dreams.
Shouldnt it be the opposite?
Apr 22, 2013 7:58 AM

May 2010
Eren is fine

Anyone who thinks he's whiny is retarded

His haughtiness is presumptuous but understandable. He's just another very dark anime character many pathetic anime fans dislike because they usually watch anime strictly as an escape and he sort of reminds them that our own world has some pretty shitty characteristics
Apr 22, 2013 8:14 AM
Nov 2011
As long as the anime stays true to the manga, this series won't become like so many others wherein all the other characters' development is sacrificed or revolves around a Gary Stu MC.

One of the reasons why Eren is second most popular character in the JP fandom is that the fans don't resent Eren for hogging the spotlight.

Armin comes up with most of the solutions. Mikasa (and Levi) does the most badass fighting. Jean is THE leader. Even the comedy reliefs Sacha and Connie are not overlooked.
Apr 22, 2013 8:34 AM

Apr 2013
No way. Potato girl is not first xp?
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Apr 22, 2013 9:58 AM

Feb 2008
Lol. This thread.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Apr 22, 2013 1:28 PM

Aug 2009
I must/will do something =/=I can do something.

He joined the military to actually get the skills to be able to do that.
How is he supposed to have the skills without that?If he was arrogant he wouldnt ask for help nor get worried about the whole deal.
Even Mikass is just bait as she is now.
Apr 22, 2013 1:44 PM

Mar 2013
dankickyou said:
Red_Keys said:
bastek66 said:

Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Indeed.

Give me a fucking break.

I really like that reply.
So while we're on the topic of beta anime fans, would someone mind explaining projecting to me? I've never really understood the concept of projecting yourself onto a main character; why can't you just enjoy watching a story about someone else? Is it about escaping their own life?
Btw, Kaji probably can't help that he keeps getting stuck with characters who are self-obsessed emo asshats. Maybe this will be his breakout role?
StickyWizardApr 22, 2013 2:28 PM
"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
- Douglas Adams

"...but all these feels that are currently assaulting me don't seem to care. Conversely, I'm also aggressively erect at the moment..."
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1654 by AlocalAnimeFan »»
May 19, 1:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

1555 by flimmyjimmy »»
May 19, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2013

921 by _akshatts_ »»
May 12, 6:13 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

991 by kzen_sno »»
May 10, 10:38 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

VioLink - Apr 20, 2013

851 by ozrodger46 »»
May 6, 7:21 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.