Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
Aug 5, 2016 8:53 PM

Jan 2014
Welp I'm going to go against the majority of people in this thread and say I rather liked this episode a lot.

Me personally I found Ayonama and Sorata relatable in this episode. I kind of know what failure on that scale feels like, I mean Ayonama spent 2 entire years of her life working on something and it just all comes crashing down in one day, and you all expect her to just be head strong and brush it off? I know what its like to try so hard at something for such a long time only for you to fail and receive nothing, it sucks it makes you feel terrible. In college there have been nights I spent just staring at the ceiling wondering wtf am I going to do with my life almost making me want to burst out in rage or almost cry because I felt like I spent sooo much money and worked soo hard all for nothing all because of 1 exam. I wondering just how many people on this thread have actually experienced a failure like that.

Funny thing is I liked this episode a lot more than many previous ones before this that a lot of people said they liked, especially with the love triangle bullshit. This episode is actually realistic, hard work doesn't always pay off and life can be pretty harsh to you.
Aug 5, 2016 9:36 PM
Jul 2018
magicrap_Dream said:
Beyond said:
I'm simply going to be egoistic and go with the assumption that people aren't capable of relating as well in this episode as they've had been relating in the past episodes. You have that + tragic events / endings = people raging because they can't stand what happened. Not everything has to be happy in order to be satisfying. Sakurasou's been a ride throughout the concept of success and failure, and ultimately, how you can really handle it.

Sure, Nanami had a stronger personality back in the previous episodes, but could you yourself really bottle it in after having "wasted 2 years"? You put 2 entire years of your life into something, have one opportunity to see whether you'll succeed or be forced to move on, and fail that. Can you not understand what that'd feel like? Are there not any perfectionists or high achievers here that can't relate to this? Wouldn't here be a moment when you'd scream to the world for such injustice?

Then you've got Sorata who people have been raging at for his 'whiny' comments towards Mashiro. Sure, he should've progressed and developed as a protagonist throughout the series, but you have to understand the overall theme of the anime is its success, hardship and realism. What can you do when you've got this pain bundled up together? Nearly everybody here would beat up something else to put themselves at ease. Bull on whoever says otherwise. Again, this leads to me to my final point - the realism of the story. You aren't going to grow from one situation. Standing up and facing something head on doesn't entitle you the ability to consistently do so for future situations. This especially applies if these situations bring greater despair than what you've handled up until this point. The realism in Sakurasou is what makes the series fantastic. It doesn't hesitate to kill off (or in this situation, make characters disappear / leave) or pit characters into dire situations. It shows that humans don't progress as easily as they 'should'. Again, I'm not calling this episode spectacular. I'm simply saying that it was in fact, a good episode that addressed something you lot aren't capable of emotionally handling. Heavily struggling before finally attaining success / failing is something beautiful that you lot should attempt before resorting to posting trash comments on the forums.

I've read through all the pages, and this is one of the rare coherent and intelligent comments in the entire discussion. I'm just wondering if people's capability for understainding human emotion and empathising with others is just too damn low around here(wouldn't surprise me considering the demographics of the forum), or are you all simply in denial and arent emotionally able to accept certain things depicted in this episode.

Well, a lot of anime fans are autistic on some level, so that's probably why they can't relate to human emotion. They aren't asshole, their brains just aren't functional enough to understand.

This was probably one of the most realistic episodes so far. The true message of the series is starting to become clear: Hard work doesn't always pay off and those that are naturally talented will be selected over those that work hard, but don't produce as good results. I'm sure a lot of us were told as children that hard works always pays off and is rewarded. But then once you entered the "real world", that's not always the case. No matter how hard you try, you'll fail. And even if you try again, you could still fail. I applaud this series for having the guts to have such a message, considering so much of TV shows and other anime are all about hard work paying off and even beating natural talent(Rock Lee from Naruto is an obvious example). But Sakurasou is different. I'm sure most, if not all, of us has tried to do something, worked as hard as possible, but yet still failed, or at least weren't rewarded in the way we hoped. (and if you haven't, you're either young, or Shiina). For a series that started out with a panty shot to the face, this series has grown to be surprisingly realistic in it's depictions of failure and jealousy of those that are more talented than us.
Jan 10, 2017 12:23 AM
Jun 2016
No, Mashiro come back!!! Poor Kanda and Aoyama... This is where it hits the fan. :( The feels of reality... That is true and this is sad...
Jan 10, 2017 12:25 AM
Jun 2016
StormSky92 said:
magicrap_Dream said:

I've read through all the pages, and this is one of the rare coherent and intelligent comments in the entire discussion. I'm just wondering if people's capability for understainding human emotion and empathising with others is just too damn low around here(wouldn't surprise me considering the demographics of the forum), or are you all simply in denial and arent emotionally able to accept certain things depicted in this episode.

Well, a lot of anime fans are autistic on some level, so that's probably why they can't relate to human emotion. They aren't asshole, their brains just aren't functional enough to understand.

This was probably one of the most realistic episodes so far. The true message of the series is starting to become clear: Hard work doesn't always pay off and those that are naturally talented will be selected over those that work hard, but don't produce as good results. I'm sure a lot of us were told as children that hard works always pays off and is rewarded. But then once you entered the "real world", that's not always the case. No matter how hard you try, you'll fail. And even if you try again, you could still fail. I applaud this series for having the guts to have such a message, considering so much of TV shows and other anime are all about hard work paying off and even beating natural talent(Rock Lee from Naruto is an obvious example). But Sakurasou is different. I'm sure most, if not all, of us has tried to do something, worked as hard as possible, but yet still failed, or at least weren't rewarded in the way we hoped. (and if you haven't, you're either young, or Shiina). For a series that started out with a panty shot to the face, this series has grown to be surprisingly realistic in it's depictions of failure and jealousy of those that are more talented than us.

^I agree with this. :'(
Jan 11, 2017 12:50 AM

Dec 2015
That letter was like rubbing salt to the wound...
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jan 14, 2017 4:33 AM
Nov 2016
a short recap of this episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cch7twUVFDA
Apr 12, 2017 3:52 PM

Mar 2013
Life isn't fair. Pretty cruel and emotional episode.
Apr 12, 2017 3:58 PM

Mar 2013
jasonvorheas24 said:
Welp I'm going to go against the majority of people in this thread and say I rather liked this episode a lot.

Me personally I found Ayonama and Sorata relatable in this episode. I kind of know what failure on that scale feels like, I mean Ayonama spent 2 entire years of her life working on something and it just all comes crashing down in one day, and you all expect her to just be head strong and brush it off? I know what its like to try so hard at something for such a long time only for you to fail and receive nothing, it sucks it makes you feel terrible. In college there have been nights I spent just staring at the ceiling wondering wtf am I going to do with my life almost making me want to burst out in rage or almost cry because I felt like I spent sooo much money and worked soo hard all for nothing all because of 1 exam. I wondering just how many people on this thread have actually experienced a failure like that.

Funny thing is I liked this episode a lot more than many previous ones before this that a lot of people said they liked, especially with the love triangle bullshit. This episode is actually realistic, hard work doesn't always pay off and life can be pretty harsh to you.

I agree with you, especially your last sentence.
Jun 26, 2017 6:21 AM

Nov 2016
That's just how life is. Unfair.
This anime doesn't give me a break. I'm just slightly recovering from a hit when another one comes right after XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 20, 2017 9:28 AM

Jun 2017
A really depressing episode... I really thought for a moment that they had gained enough signatures because Misaki-senpai was so happy -.-

It seems like Mashiro is leaving because it's all her "fault".

Why can't she just start painting again??

Oct 4, 2017 12:22 PM

Aug 2014
So they all have it like I have? failure after failure
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Dec 22, 2017 7:31 PM

Nov 2016
Damn it was obvious that Mashiro would leave Sakurasou,yet it didn't make it any less sad :/

I also can understand Sorata for his emotional outburst, he's just human and sometimes we have to release some steam,especially after such a shitty day. The letter that they want Mashiro was the drop that spilled the cup,it just seemed unfair to him.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 23, 2019 4:45 PM
Jul 2017
I used to like Project Diva! a lot before this episode...

God dam
May 8, 2019 9:45 AM
Oct 2015
Probably my favorite episode overall, the rain scene was great and relatable.
imagine pouring all your efforts only to fail, that would be painful, and i also experienced it
Jun 1, 2019 9:55 PM
Apr 2019
Aoyama was so beautiful in the rain, I think it was the best she ever looked, I wanted to 100% start crying for this Anime. Animators did a great job.

Such a shame she worked two years and still couldn't get into the School for Voice acting, Kanada is dumb though, he needs to understand that he needs to work harder for his projects like Aoyama does, then he can start crying about life being unfair.

I have to with go Kanada x Aoyama on the pair in this series guys. They 100% understand how failure feels, they understand each other, its an amazing bond they could create a great couple.

Kanada and Shiina though? I don't know, Kanada is always talking about how he feels so far away from her and while Shiina has her own problems, it doesn't blend with Kanada too well, and their relationship will always be "Kanada sucks, and Shiina doesn't have human emotions"

Sep 2, 2019 1:29 AM
Dec 2018
Shattix123 said:
BeyondDestiny said:
I'm simply going to be egoistic and go with the assumption that people aren't capable of relating as well in this episode as they've had been relating in the past episodes. You have that + tragic events / endings = people raging because they can't stand what happened. Not everything has to be happy in order to be satisfying. Sakurasou's been a ride throughout the concept of success and failure, and ultimately, how you can really handle it.

Sure, Nanami had a stronger personality back in the previous episodes, but could you yourself really bottle it in after having "wasted 2 years"? You put 2 entire years of your life into something, have one opportunity to see whether you'll succeed or be forced to move on, and fail that. Can you not understand what that'd feel like? Are there not any perfectionists or high achievers here that can't relate to this? Wouldn't here be a moment when you'd scream to the world for such injustice?

Then you've got Sorata who people have been raging at for his 'whiny' comments towards Mashiro. Sure, he should've progressed and developed as a protagonist throughout the series, but you have to understand the overall theme of the anime is its success, hardship and realism. What can you do when you've got this pain bundled up together? Nearly everybody here would beat up something else to put themselves at ease. Bull on whoever says otherwise. Again, this leads to me to my final point - the realism of the story. You aren't going to grow from one situation. Standing up and facing something head on doesn't entitle you the ability to consistently do so for future situations. This especially applies if these situations bring greater despair than what you've handled up until this point. The realism in Sakurasou is what makes the series fantastic. It doesn't hesitate to kill off (or in this situation, make characters disappear / leave) or pit characters into dire situations. It shows that humans don't progress as easily as they 'should'. Again, I'm not calling this episode spectacular. I'm simply saying that it was in fact, a good episode that addressed something you lot aren't capable of emotionally handling. Heavily struggling before finally attaining success / failing is something beautiful that you lot should attempt before resorting to posting trash comments on the forums.

the only useful comment

Woah as long as i have been read the forum only this time i find the comment that really know what concept this show is Going to deliver. I can understand why they have that attitude. not many people feel the concept because i am sure many people cannot relate because they never tried so hard to chase or to be like prodigy. Even Prodigy people is rare so this story is Kinda rare for many people to see. This anime wrap it up beautifully. Good lord many people realize it and give high score for the show despite many people don't like it in the forum but audience said different.
Sep 3, 2019 8:43 AM

Nov 2017
Golly, this episode was rough :-/
Dec 29, 2019 2:08 AM

May 2017
Well signature for nothing , 2 years of work for nothing , all hard worker are unwanted and only genius is wanted , thats what they were saying on first ep , but it seems MC need 20 ep to understand , well it was funny so its ok

Thats the 2nd time ive watched this show , the first time i didnt liked the end , the first 18 ep were funny , so i was looking for something funny , then 19 20 and this one...it started to be boring cause i wasnt looking for that

I hope this time i will like it
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

May 24, 2020 1:20 PM
May 2020
IMO Sorata is becoming more annoying. srsly every time something doesn't go his way, hes all like "no way dude..." and then screams and shouts at everyone. its rlly annoying
Jul 22, 2020 8:37 PM
Feb 2020
00Bubbles00 said:
We all know Sorata is going to grow up to be a wife beater =P lol. All he needs is a bad day an 2 beers.

Kinda like how he gets "rough" with Jin and Ryuunosuke over a few words.

That's the feeling I got too. Just something doesn't go his way and he shouts at others and even attempts to throw punches.
Nov 18, 2020 10:26 AM

Feb 2020
i hate how awfully relatable this episode was.

poor aoyama and sorata ):
i do not blame sorata for getting angry though :/

Jan 21, 2021 9:35 AM

Jul 2020
This episode is the biggest robbery since Huracán vs Velez in 2009. I really felt that Aoyama scene in the rain... like I really mean it. Sorata who also failed trying to confort her while she was crying for wasting two entire years... just how the fuck can you hate them? Seriously... just why?

Sorata got incredibly robbed too. Some fucking proyect with a license threw out his entire work. Their reactions are incredibly normal and not selfish.

So Nanami is going to leave Sakurasou, like Jin and Misaki... I swear if the author made her fail just to leave Mashiro alone with him... now I think, being the same author as Bunny Girl Senpai I´m not surprised at all with script character destruction and mass-conforting "happy" endings. Going to suffer this three last episodes like a World Cup Final.

"1% de possibilitats, 99% de fe" - Barcelona Nike advertisement

1% of chances is low... but may our 99% of faith give us a nice and happy ending. This series and the characters deserve it.

Buenos Aires, Argentina
Check my latest web novel on Our Greatest Comeback🦊⛩️ and please drop a like or comment if you liked it!
Feb 2, 2021 6:21 AM

Nov 2020
Awesome episode, poor Sorata and Nanami who have bad luck and nice to see Mashiro got an offer as a character design company.
What Does Pot of Greed do?
May 22, 2021 7:09 AM

Jun 2020
Still, a busy day for the Sakura sou rents up ahead

Damn those tears from Aoyama really hit me, The things that she has to go through just for it to be wasted for nothing, Sorata also didn't make it his proposal was declined and it really hit him as well, But that infirmary

A pretty emotional episode this has been was this Rita was talking about that they would break as long as Shiina is there, I really really don't like it when Sorata is mad in front of Shiina it makes me very miserable just to see how Shiina would react, The fact that they can't handle failure like that won't make them a better person and even "blaming" others won't help them as well as for Sorata being mad that Shiina was chosen I mean her entire life was just perfecting her mastery on painting and Shiina don't leave I can't even handle the idea of her leaving it just makes me sad to see her leave.
Mar 6, 2023 11:30 PM
Dec 2018
kinda slow and im not a big fan of the main girl
Mar 11, 2023 4:50 AM

Jan 2020
The darker version of the ending was a nice touch....despite all of this I think this show will end with a good ending but a bad ending would be nice or somewhere in the middle.....
May 28, 2023 5:39 AM

Dec 2022
Great episodeeee
Jun 28, 2023 3:02 PM
Oct 2015
Literally my comment from ep. 16 forum topic:
"Am I the only one that thought that Fujisawa and the company kinda tried to "steal" Kanda's game when they didn't even listen to Kanda's presentation, and just talked about money. IDK, maybe I missed the context there, maybe that is okay for game companies to see revenue in everything and see people and their games as products, but I honestly, didn't expect something in this anime, especially since Fujisawa was so chill. IDK, maybe I got the wrong impression."

So, I kinda was right? There is still no details, but I feel like company just ripped off Sorata's game and made cheaper version of it. I might be wrong about it, but the talk in ep.16 seemed very suspicious, and I can't get it out of my head, because it didn't have a conclusion, so I assumed it might be that this all was the result of that talk in ep. 16. I don't deny, I might be wrong, and this all just happened randomly, and that talk was there just for the talk's sake, but anyway, it really seemed off an suspicious, especially, in an anime like this where they show that talented people will always be a step ahead of hard-worker people almost every episode.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Nov 8, 2023 8:52 AM

Dec 2022
Figured it would be a conga line of unfortunate events when it started raining, as the trope goes. But aside from Sorata's game proposal getting rejected again—which he had legitimate reasons to be somewhat upset about—the rest of the drama was comprised of overreactions and inexplicable collective emotional attachment to nothing more than a temporary place of residence as a grounds for justifying overly rash, vain decisions that are completely out of character.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2012

289 by Nayasianboy »»
May 21, 6:31 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Mar 25, 2013

641 by Wholesome_Seeker »»
May 13, 10:51 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2013

402 by HandSonicPlayer »»
May 4, 11:16 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2012

246 by Kristhian1_ »»
May 1, 2:28 PM

Poll: » Best Girl

Shizuna - Mar 23, 2022

29 by Mochi_i »»
Mar 31, 10:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.