Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 12, 2013 12:43 AM

Sep 2012
Is the Email storage space on Time Warner Cable the bandwidth cap. I most likely have the standard package since i did a speed test and since i didn't order the internet service but my dad did. Just want to know because while I was on my 2 week vacation in Washington state, I was reading about bandwidth on my phone and am curious as to what my cap was. Just making sure. Here's the link to their internet packages.

http://www.timewarnercable.com/en/residential-home/internet/plans.html
Jan 12, 2013 12:52 AM

Aug 2012
Is it that important to you? Unless you pirate download a lot of stuff in one month, it's not going to really matter. That is, until you break it. Then it's like $5/gb over the bandwidth cap.

For comparison: on my crappy ATT DSL internet, I get an 80gb cap before they start pulling money out of my ass.

Outdated wikipedia article says you get $1/gb, so yeah.
Jan 12, 2013 12:53 AM

Sep 2012
MellowJello said:
Is it that important to you? Unless you pirate download a lot of stuff in one month, it's not going to really matter. That is, until you break it. Then it's like $5/gb over the bandwidth cap.

For comparison: on my crappy ATT DSL internet, I get an 80gb cap before they start pulling money out of my ass.

Yes, I download anime
Jan 12, 2013 12:54 AM

Aug 2012
Nazatin18 said:
MellowJello said:

Yes, I download anime
Then don't download so much in one month. Boom. Problem solved.
Jan 12, 2013 12:55 AM

Sep 2012
MellowJello said:
Nazatin18 said:
MellowJello said:

Yes, I download anime

But I just want to know. I just download episodes I am able to watch.
Jan 12, 2013 12:59 AM

Aug 2012
Nazatin18 said:
MellowJello said:
Nazatin18 said:
MellowJello said:

Yes, I download anime

Then get your dad to call them and ask them what their bandwidth cap is? Better yet I probably misread "reading on my phone" so actually USE your phone and call them yourself.

If my terrible ISP gives me 80gb that I rarely exceed (with 3 other people on the same line) then I doubt one person pirating downloading stuff will make a dent in it.
Jan 12, 2013 1:08 AM

Sep 2012
MellowJello said:
Nazatin18 said:
MellowJello said:
Nazatin18 said:
MellowJello said:

Yes, I download anime

Then get your dad to call them and ask them what their bandwidth cap is? Better yet I probably misread "reading on my phone" so actually USE your phone and call them yourself.

If my terrible ISP gives me 80gb that I rarely exceed (with 3 other people on the same line) then I doubt one person pirating downloading stuff will make a dent in it.

I'd rather not. My question was just to give me a simple yes or no if you know.
Jan 12, 2013 1:17 AM

Aug 2012
*sigh* No. I don't know.
Jan 12, 2013 1:20 AM

Feb 2012
This question is better asked on the Time Warner technical support area, not on an anime forum where 99% of the people pretend to be experts at things they have little knowledge on.
"I will close my eyes and let the darkness be the light that guides me through the path of chaos"

Call me the Jelly Factory. I'm the world's largest producer of jelly.
Jan 12, 2013 1:23 AM

Aug 2012
Bloodcalibur said:
This question is better asked on the Time Warner technical support area, not on an anime forum where 99% of the people pretend to be experts at things they have little knowledge on.
Exactly. (and without a single ounce of irony to me)
Jan 12, 2013 2:17 AM

Jun 2008
Lol, MellowJello. I like how acceptable you seem to be with the stupid bandwidth cap crap they put to you.
What stupid backwards internet providers you people have. Is just ridiculous.
Jan 12, 2013 2:23 AM

Oct 2012
I'm 90% sure email storage is not bandwidth cap. They simply describe completely different things.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Jan 12, 2013 2:27 AM

Aug 2012
Monad said:
Lol, MellowJello. I like how acceptable you seem to be with the stupid bandwidth cap crap they put to you.
What stupid backwards internet providers you people have. Is just ridiculous.
Well Comcast isn't any better, and Verizon is apparently being "bribed" to not expand here. Figures. Strangely enough their site says they offer it here, but of course reality is different.

MAL lag mmm... Magic disappearing posts...
Jan 12, 2013 2:30 AM

Dec 2009
http://www.timewarnercable.com/en/residential-home/support/faqs/faqs-internet/internetus/datausage/what-is-a-data-allotment--.html

They just give it a new term. See the related questions too
Both Phone and Home internet may have data usage caps.
Usually the phone's cap will be lower i.e. cost more.
Jan 12, 2013 2:31 AM

Jun 2008
katsucats said:
I'm 90% sure email storage is not bandwidth cap. They simply describe completely different things.

They aren't the same thing. I'm 99.99999999% sure about that. There two different things.
Besides looking at their site and services they don't even show bandwidth caps so maybe they don't have any. I assume is an important part of a service if it exist so they should be putting it in the details of the service.

Btw their site also gives you a way to contact them threw chat and stuff so why doesn't he ask them threw there if their services have bandwidth cap? He doesn't even need to call.
MonadJan 12, 2013 2:37 AM

More topics from this board

» スキンケア事は男性にとって必要でしょうか? is skin care necessary for men ?

ISeeLifePeople - 3 hours ago

10 by JaniSIr »»
4 minutes ago

» The Proust phenomenon

RobertBobert - 10 hours ago

8 by Stavrogin_ »»
16 minutes ago

» "Connoisseurs" of MAL, what are your thoughts on ART NOUVEAU? ( 1 2 3 )

Fario-P - Mar 11, 2021

129 by Fario-P »»
1 hour ago

» Is it easy to detect fictional drawings from real photographs?

DesuMaiden - Yesterday

18 by DesuMaiden »»
1 hour ago

» About MBTI ミビチアイの事

ISeeLifePeople - Yesterday

7 by Auron_ »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.