Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 4, 2012 1:35 AM
Aug 2012
Yep. Time for a hard request because we all know how hard it is to find protags like these.

What I mean is a guy who ACTUALLY deserves the girls around. I guy who actually flirts with girls, doesn't go completely red at the sight of breasts or being kissed. Just like:

-Trinity Seven: 7-Nin no Mahoutsukai (manga) - Arata cracks dem sex jokes, flirts etc
-Hagure Yuusha (anime) - Akatsuki sweats confidence
-Campione (anime) - He killed a god
-Seitokai no Ichizon (anime) - Sugisaki Ken is just to awesome.

NOT someone like Makoto from school days. He was a cunt.
Dec 4, 2012 1:37 AM

Mar 2012
Highschool DxD
The World God Only Knows
Hidan no Aria
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Dec 4, 2012 1:41 AM
Aug 2012
Nice recs :( but I've seen them. Thanks anyway.
Dec 4, 2012 2:02 AM

Sep 2012
http://myanimelist.net/anime/10213/Maji_de_Watashi_ni_Koi_Shinasai!

The dude is really smart and an expert strategist.
Dec 4, 2012 2:03 AM

Mar 2012
CLYDESDALE said:
http://myanimelist.net/anime/10213/Maji_de_Watashi_ni_Koi_Shinasai!

The dude is really smart and an expert strategist.

Seconded this one. Tough i have only watch 4 ep i like this.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Dec 4, 2012 2:14 AM

Nov 2011
Nyan Koi! my good man... Nyan Koi. (Has the whole blushy thing still, but he's worthy of what he gets..)
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Dec 4, 2012 2:41 AM
Aug 2012
Thanks, I have Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai and Nyan Koi in my ptw. :D
Dec 4, 2012 7:45 AM

Feb 2012
Manga:
Kimi no Iru Machi
UnbalancexUnbalance
Dec 4, 2012 7:54 AM
Dec 2012
NeoAnkara said:
Highschool DxD

Hardly. Issei was pathetic.
Dec 4, 2012 8:09 AM

Oct 2009
fameONE said:
NeoAnkara said:
Highschool DxD

He probably read the novels. Issei turns into a boss.
Dec 4, 2012 8:11 AM
Dec 2012
Bruteuus said:
fameONE said:
NeoAnkara said:
Highschool DxD

...really? So he stops being a spineless pervert who only shows resolve when lives are on the line?
Dec 4, 2012 8:17 AM

Apr 2012
Princess Lover! doesn't have to bad of a male lead.
Dec 4, 2012 10:00 AM

Oct 2009
fameONE said:
Bruteuus said:
fameONE said:
NeoAnkara said:
Highschool DxD

...really? So he stops being a spineless pervert who only shows resolve when lives are on the line?

He stays a pervert but becomes really strong(Can kill gods level strong). His power-ups are pervertedly hilarious.
Dec 4, 2012 10:25 AM

Jun 2012
fameONE said:
Bruteuus said:
fameONE said:
NeoAnkara said:
Highschool DxD

I wouldn't even call him spineless in the anime or manga (as of yet). He wouldn't go down while he was being annihilated by the Phoenix, then he sacrifices his arm for more power to rescue Rias. Barging into a wedding and declaring that the bride's virginity is his... Yeeeeah definitely not spineless.

Anyways OP, this is the second time you've made the same thread. You have plenty of recs to go off of already. In my opinion, you should read Unbalance x Unbalance, since the MC of that manwha really does deserve his harem.
HolybaptiserDec 4, 2012 10:42 AM
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Dec 4, 2012 11:53 AM
Aug 2012
Holybaptiser said:

Anyways OP, this is the second time you've made the same thread. You have plenty of recs to go off of already. In my opinion, you should read Unbalance x Unbalance, since the MC of that manwha really does deserve his harem.

Yeah, same thread, same recs. I've seen most of the recs, all the other ones don't tick the boxes. :( Seems this is a hard request, since there aren't that many good harems out there (though I made this thread knowing that full well).

I dropped Unbalance. It looks like it has potential, but I got bored of it. Tbh, its more of 'on-hold' that 'dropped' so i'll probably pick it up later.

Btw, I forgot I had made a similar thread, then remembered after I posted this one.

And I'd have to say that Issei was pathetic. Pervert = Pathetic in my book. Yeah, he did all that boss stuff, but it didn't make up for the rest of the series - and I'm not going to read the novels.
NoodsnoodleDec 4, 2012 11:56 AM
Dec 4, 2012 12:07 PM

Jun 2012
I agree about the pathetic part. I hate perverted MC's. Honestly, it's hard to find a harem that the MC is actually worth having a bunch of girls all in love with him. It's meant to appeal to Japanese kids, and well, I certainly hope that Japanese adolescent boys don't behave like most of the MC's in these manga.

Dec 4, 2012 12:31 PM

Dec 2011
Holybaptiser said:
Barging into a wedding and declaring that the bride's virginity is his... Yeeeeah definitely not spineless.

Lets not fuckin' forget the wedding is filled with demons and the ruler of hell himself. Spineless my ass, he needs to take that back because Issei is my harem hero and deserves every piece of delicious puss he can get, baby ducks! I declare Issei the winner of this thread so lets all eat cake and fap to Rias.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 4, 2012 12:37 PM

Jun 2012
^^ yo go read that "merciless/gory anime with good plot" thread. I'm sure you'll get a little laugh at how derailed it got.

Dec 4, 2012 12:55 PM

Oct 2011
Isekai_no_Seikishi_Monogatari(http://myanimelist.net/anime/5781/Isekai_no_Seikishi_Monogatari)
SpkillaDec 4, 2012 3:27 PM
Dec 4, 2012 12:58 PM

Aug 2009
@Holybaptiser- Agreed

Anyway most harem anime protagonists are pathetic but, some that I did enjoy
Nyan Koi
Amagami SS
Love Hina(I watched this when I was like 12 though...)
Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou
Tenchi Muyo (again watched this while I was quite young,I kind of hate the MC in this one though)
School Days (what a fantastic ending and the MC is certainly not a pussy)

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Dec 4, 2012 1:06 PM

Jan 2012
Bruteuus said:
fameONE said:
Bruteuus said:
fameONE said:
NeoAnkara said:
Highschool DxD

He stays a pervert but becomes really strong(Can kill gods level strong). His power-ups are pervertedly hilarious.

+1 Theres going to be a 2nd season and it is worth watching as its funny,entertaining,loads of action pact

bottosai-01 said:
@Holybaptiser- Agreed

LOL the male protag in school days is worthy? It could happen in dreams but in anime I don't think so

Yahallo!
Yatta!
Baka!

<!
"Humans, your existence was a mistake. Conflicts, lies, jealously, greed. You once caused me to lose everything and today I will devour everything... Because I am the Valkyrie Goddess">
Dec 4, 2012 1:08 PM

Jun 2012
The ending of School Days is far more likely to happen in real life than any harem manga. Anyways, School Days wasn't a harem.

Dec 4, 2012 1:09 PM

Nov 2009
Noodsnoodle said:
-Seitokai no Ichizon (anime) - Sugisaki Ken is just to awesome.

DAMMIT BEAT ME TO IT, hmm...

Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou (MC's confidence, nothing really special though but worth a watch, everyone else mentioned what i wanted to mentioned though)

NeoAnkara said:
The World God Only Knows

Top priority please :D
Dec 4, 2012 1:26 PM

Jan 2012
Holybaptiser said:
The ending of School Days is far more likely to happen in real life than any harem manga. Anyways, School Days wasn't a harem.

Yeah I agree with you but what I was trying to say the overall series + male character.

Try Chrome Shelled Regios a powerful main male character,with Romance+harem also tsundere is included - very similar to Kaze no stigma in terms of character personality

Yahallo!
Yatta!
Baka!

<!
"Humans, your existence was a mistake. Conflicts, lies, jealously, greed. You once caused me to lose everything and today I will devour everything... Because I am the Valkyrie Goddess">
Dec 5, 2012 1:28 AM
Aug 2012
Holybaptiser said:
^^ yo go read that "merciless/gory anime with good plot" thread. I'm sure you'll get a little laugh at how derailed it got.

God that was funny.

bottosai-01 said:

Not necessarily a pussy, but he was a massive cunt and he deserved that ending. Plus, that was a nice boat.
Dec 5, 2012 1:32 AM
Aug 2012
Holybaptiser said:

School days was just an awful anime, the only good part being the ending. The anime was so bad because the protag was a retard with no personality; the girls were all stupid with no personality; and tbh, the ending was good, but a little too yandere/psycho.

Thanks for all the recs so far!

More topics from this board

» Looking for anime/manga that use the Rashomon effect

Pokitaru - 1 hour ago

3 by Mazoy »»
41 minutes ago

» Any good anime that are like Grimgar ?

Ventus_S - Jun 9

17 by Ventus_S »»
3 hours ago

» Anime with main Character(s) constantly on the run / evading capture.

luckyrune - Jun 9

10 by Khashishi »»
4 hours ago

» Need help watching 22,500 episodes

Technotic - Yesterday

10 by princefaking »»
4 hours ago

» Any anime where teen or younger characters are hypnotized?

Gfralp - Jun 6

2 by Mazoy »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.