Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 18, 2017 1:28 PM

Dec 2014
what's the relationship between Perona and Zoro? Boy toy? LMAO
May 15, 2018 12:10 PM

Mar 2017
Awwww
Rayleigh is so proud of Luffy T_T
that was so cuteeee <33

Perona's new outfit :O
she and Mihawk are kinda matching now.

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Jul 1, 2019 9:20 AM

Jun 2016
This is hardly related to the episode at all but I randomly wondered about Sentomaru and Kizaru's relationship. Sentomaru seemed to be the closest person to Kizaru and Kizaru is not an open person at all. We never see what's going on in his head, and I wonder if Sentomaru has before.

As for the episode it was great. These have been wonderful! The crew officially getting back together was so beautiful and seeing all the friends they made on the way help them do so was great too, as well as a little sad- it was a farewell after all. I hadn't thought about how everyone got back to Sabaody particularly, but now I'm curious.
  • We know Perona brought Zoro back which we could have guessed as there is no other way he'd ever find his way. I loved their interaction here. I was curious if Zoro would stop being as stubborn as he's been towards her as she literally has been necessary for him these two years, and I especially wanted to see if the stubborn Mihawk and Zoro would have made her less bratty and actually teach her to see others as equals. We didn't get to see the nuances of their relationship and how its changed, but even though we had Zoro's stubborn individuality clash with Perona's stubborn kindness as always, it was just sweet to see that she stayed back for the week to watch over him. They the only One Piece ship I stand for!
  • I'm unsure on how Usopp and his new bro Heracles actually came back but they came together! It was a nice send off Heracles gave.
  • Robin probably got a ride from the revolutionaries. I wonder when she'll mention she met Luffy's dad..
  • Nami came with her sky grandpas who have all warmed up to her.
  • I'm not sure about Franky, but knowing him he could have crafted a good ship to ride his way over.
  • Brook came with his managers who he came to see some good in.
  • Luffy of course came with Hancock and the Kuja which led for the casual, oh yeah they're my friends- which sent Sanji into a jealous rage. I had hoped he'd mention Kamabakka which would let Luffy realize Sanji is friends with Ivan too.
  • As just mentioned, Sanji came with the Okama!
  • Then we had Chopper who followed through with his bird friend, he flew him right on over!
Overall it was great to see everyone interacting with each other. They were so happy to see each other and my favorite moment had to be Luffy being amazed by Franky as Franky showed off, just as he did to Usopp and Chopper. But, seeing Brook blessed to see everyone, and seeing Usopp immediately take up his job as lookout when he saw the navy ships coming, it was just,,, so.. nice to see again. It's been 2 years but everyone's back and ready to finally, finally go on to Fishman Island.

It's so cool how they had planned to do a short stop at Sabaody and head to Fishman Island since around episode 390. We got sidetracked with Camie and the Celestial Dragons and we all know what happened from there. Straw Hats scattered around the world, the Impel Down break in, and the tragedy of Marineford. It was so organic and interesting and gave us some of the best One Piece we've ever gotten, and it's all tied back around after 2 years where we're finally doing what the Straw Hats set out to do way back then.

One last thing, Sanji is such a pervert now that he was starved from any biological woman for 2 entire years. Not just that of course. From Thriller Bark onwards he slowly shifted from a hopeless romantic gentleman to a pervert in my eyes, now- starved to see women, he's kinda filling a pervert archetype, bleeding from his nose, staring at boobs, and grossing women out. I definitely prefer the old Sanji, I found his hopeless romantic but pure love of woman really fresh and awesome. That's still there but the more overt objectification takes away from the purity that I thought Sanji once was.

P.S. Rayleigh shedding a tear for Luffy was nice. He's seeing his pupil off! Now that and the flashback showed how close they got in a way I had hoped to see. Whereas, Perona's line "boy-toy" seems anime original and I'm curious what the japanese word used was.
Oct 5, 2019 2:56 AM
Aug 2019
Holy christ what an episode, glad to see the team nack together. All leveled up and ready to take on the new world
Dec 7, 2020 6:02 PM
Nov 2019
I loved seeing all the side characters we've met help the Straw Hats escape. I also really enjoyed seeing Hancock and crew, Perona, Heracles'n, Rayleigh, and the big bird give their farewells. Hopefully, we see them all again one day. Sanji was hilarious as well, now on to a new big adventure!
Dec 10, 2020 6:05 PM

May 2016
Seeing Rayleigh tear up at the sight of his pupil becoming so strong almost made me tear up myself!

It was also super satisfying to see the comrades the crew has made during their training help the Straw Hats make a safe departure towards the New World ❤

Perona's hotter than ever before and it looks like Sanji's gonna bleed to death at this rate. I guess that also explains why Zoro didn't get lost on the way back to the Sunny lmao

Jun 1, 2021 1:35 PM

Jun 2019
As expected, Sanji's reaction to beauties. LOL. Perona looks cute.
Apr 5, 2022 3:35 AM
Jul 2018
finally the whole crew is together again this episode has so many amazing scenes but at the end when Luffy said "set sail" was too amazing
removed-userSep 9, 2022 10:17 PM
Jun 28, 2022 5:35 AM

Jan 2021
Sanji suffered man I feel for him this brother starvin
Sep 5, 2022 6:20 AM

Feb 2015
Perona. <3 Still a funny thought how she, Zoro and Mihawk probably lived together for 2 whole years, lol.
Sep 21, 2022 5:04 PM

Apr 2018
Return to Sabaody Arc ends here. I've completed my rewatch for the second time. Honestly, this is just way too good. The pretimeskip and a litlte bit of afterwards were one of the best parts of One Piece. The amount of joy I've got from watching it is incredible. I always had a smile on my face and there were obvly sad moments. Great to see Luffy back with his crewmates and everyone's friends aiding them in escaping was just amazing.

I disliked Perona on my first watch but after loving Riruka from Bleach, I took a liking to Persona.
SideCharacterKalSep 21, 2022 5:08 PM

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Oct 12, 2022 8:13 AM

Apr 2020
EPIC, and, COOL!!!
Exciting. (:
Be yourself, no matter what they say.
Oct 15, 2022 6:18 PM

Feb 2014
Whoa, post-time skip Perona is sexy, what a nice surprise seeing her in Sabaody.
Mar 26, 2023 2:21 AM
Jun 2022
😭😭😭😭😭😭💔💔💔💔 back in it
Jun 24, 2023 9:44 AM
Oct 2019
Sanji reaction to Nami and Robin was so funny.

Perona glow up 😍
Poor Perona, she become lonely again.

Everyone coming to help!!
I am so HYPED!!
Dec 5, 2023 1:29 AM

Mar 2017
Seeing the crew finally back together brought a tear to my eye. Having many of their new friends come to see them off was really heartwarming too.

Sanji’s reaction to Robin and Nami was even better/funnier than I expected. I was waiting for the moment he found out about Luffy’s time at Amazon Lily. Sanji really did get a bad deal!

Perona’s new outfit was cute.. Zoro and her would make a cool couple, even she acts like a spoilt brat, their interactions are always funny. I hope to see her again!!

It was nice to get a glimpse of Luffy’s training with Rayleigh. I’m going to miss Margaret and the Amazon Lily girls too.

Ah well. Here’s to a new adventure with the crew finally re-united. Let’s go!!!!
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Why the pacing of the One Piece anime is actually good.

GoatPieceLuffy - May 27

46 by GoatPieceLuffy »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 995 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

FMmatron - Oct 9, 2021

112 by vvenuzzz »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 128 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veethorn - Oct 27, 2009

69 by Berry-Vodka »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 34 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Alicia3000 - Oct 11, 2009

50 by TheStarscream759 »»
5 hours ago

» How Did He Do It?

eze_k22 - May 26

7 by 1team »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.