Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 14, 2011 1:12 PM

Feb 2011
glad i watch this
7/10 when 1 watch the 1st episode
but now 9/10

this show had really good development story
i am really enjoying this show
Dec 5, 2011 11:19 PM
Jun 2009
Rhypo-oniichan said:
I can't believe I actually watched all 10 episodes. 4/10

Agreed. Boring ass anime. I skipped to the last episode and skimmed it after the super boring first episode.

Terrible.
Jan 19, 2012 9:37 AM

Aug 2009
I started watching this because I had watched all the other animes of the season and picked it up on a whim. I didn't expect much out of it and I wasn't all that into baseball... Boy was I pleasantly surprised at how great it was. Good story pacing kept me glued, nice segue between different themes, and most of all, awesome characters as well as touching character developments. It made me laugh and cry. It was a home run for me. I loved it! 10/10!!!
Feb 22, 2012 6:34 AM

Nov 2010
Great Ending and Epilogue.
I didn't like the flashbacks of the last 2 though.
Nov 10, 2012 12:19 PM

Jun 2012
omfg yuri
tho tbh good series overall and nice ending to top it off 9/10, didn't regret this one
~"The place to improve the world is first in one's own heart and head and hands." (Pirsig)

Oct 10, 2013 8:19 PM

Jul 2012
'Kay I finished half of it tonight after starting it a month ago. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't fantastic either. Music was well done first of all. OP/EDs were easily forgettable though, but I might consider downloading them later.

Obviously, the animation and production value aren't that great. I didn't mind that but the character designs were too bland for my liking. Most of the baseball team looked like average easily forgettable guys, while some stood out like Asano, Hoshide, Jiro, Nikai and Yuunosuke but still, they had very shallow personalities. The girls were also weak - the main character annoyed me near the end with her random dramatic moment of running away but she wasn't that bad overall. Just over eccentric or enthusiastic?

The plot and story are decent but the execution really bugged me. It was just way too slow for the most part. I understand that this show was trying to demonstrate the progress with their team but it really took too long to get to the point. Unlike other successful sports animes like Area no Kishi or Kuroko no Basuke, this one lacks the suspense and excitement in each game. Most of them, I either did not care for or I knew how the outcome was going to be like. However, I have to commend the last two episodes. It was done pretty well.

Yeah, to sum it up, this show had potential but was too slow and dragged too long, therefore a bit boring. There were barely any interesting characters other than Asano and later on, the other three senpais. However, it was a good ride and I don't regret watching this, because I am somewhat inspired to lead my own teams/groups/whatever to success now. 7/10

Would recommend Cross Game over this
Nov 28, 2013 9:29 AM

Mar 2008
Didn't expect the feels from this show, but I suppose that's why they're called 'twists'.
Nov 8, 2014 1:36 AM

Jun 2011
So terribly rushed, especially that Yunosuke's breakthrough/development. Nikai's answer to the interview was terrible too, you don't play baseball the way they want you to, don't ever do that. -_- In business that might be true, but not sports.

Unlike most people here, the last few episodes killed the series for me.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 27, 2015 11:22 AM

Dec 2012
Man I love how Yuunosuke's play captured everything that made Yuuki fall in love with baseball. When I finally realized that first swing's purpose my jaw dropped. Yuuki and Minami really have been through everything together. I was moved by Minami breaking down after those flashbacks. So the dream was finally realized. Nikai's answer at the end was perfect and just did a phenomenal job at summing up how this team grew.

Overall I found this to be a pleasant and satisfying series. The premise of Minami using Drucker's Management was an intriguing one and the journey through each step of the process really made for a new spin towards team building. Even despite its shorter length, it did a good job at setting up the scene and the key characters involved. The dramatic moments with Yuuki's death and Minami's initial reaction felt well built up to with everything else considered. I feel as though they conveyed Minami's feelings towards baseball, managing, and Yuuki very well in the short time they had. Initially Minami's outburst felt somewhat forced but considering how betrayed she felt by baseball and how dedicated she was to Yuuki, it came together nicely.

Eh. Ah. Yes. 7.5/10, definitely a hidden gem and I'm so glad I accidentally came across it.
ZekkenshinJan 27, 2015 11:29 AM
Jul 11, 2015 6:31 PM
Sep 2011
This has been on my To Watch List for awhile; I tend to go to earlier seasons and list as Plan To Watch shows I think will interest me or I have heard were good; this one fell into the former category.

I didn't mind the slow start. You have to show how bad things are before you can show the improvement and you needed to see how they used to book to take steps in the right direction. And anyways, the book stuff was interesting if you tried to look at it that way too.

The animation wasn't the best but not horrible; it didn't break my immersion into the story. The music was pretty good the OP and ED were sweet.

Really, the episode I disliked the most was the 9th one. Basically they played up the cliche and melodrama a little too much, and the "sad" music they played during this segment and for too long is part of it. (They should have made it complete silence after Minami got slapped)

Overall, 10 episodes is a weird # and maybe they could have had 2-3 more to help us connect a little better with the players. Still, I will agree with whoever posted this above that this is a hidden gem. Flawed? Yes, but still an enjoyable and entertaining show. I'm glad I watched it.
Sep 1, 2015 8:54 PM
Jan 2011
13man18 said:
I loved the story. Its so touching. I almost cried at the end.

I cried...
Sep 6, 2017 3:25 AM

Nov 2009
The corny melodrama is, well, corny, but it was touching enough. As far as baseball is concerned though, this series is incredibly naive. Take even that 'no bunt no ball' strategy. Sure it might work a couple of times, but it by no means should work in the later stages of the tournament, simply because private baseball schools can't and won't be fools enough not to gather data and analyze their opponent, which will lead to them seeing through that strategy after only a couple of our protags' games in the summer tournament.

Well, 6.5/10 rounded to 7/10 overall, and I'm being generous.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Apr 5, 12:08 PM

Mar 2019
This anime was a big surprise for me, I started watching it for the sole reason that it only had 10 episodes, I really liked the concept and I found the main character very charismatic, very good!⚾

8/10
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Moshidora Episode 9 Discussion

tsubasalover - May 5, 2011

40 by Jonas-K »»
Apr 5, 11:36 AM

Poll: » Moshidora Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Apr 25, 2011

62 by Jonas-K »»
Apr 2, 8:01 PM

Poll: » Moshidora Episode 2 Discussion

tsubasalover - Apr 26, 2011

43 by removed-user »»
Sep 22, 2019 10:10 PM

Poll: » Moshidora Episode 7 Discussion

ShadowBlazer3000 - May 3, 2011

23 by SolitaryDarkness »»
Jun 26, 2015 1:12 PM

Poll: » Moshidora Episode 4 Discussion

tsubasalover - Apr 28, 2011

24 by Zekkenshin »»
Jan 26, 2015 1:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.